Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLibDem View Post
...I want the impeachment to occur late enough so the Republicans will be totally fucked trying to put someone else on the ticket and have them stuck with Pence.
THIS.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:24 PM

Boom.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/natio...ebq-story.html
Old 09-24-2019, 05:51 PM

I heard earlier that McConnell (!) was going to introduce a resolution asking for the whistleblower complaint to be released to Congress, to be passed by unanimous consent. Could Moscow Mitch's heart have grown two sizes today?
Old 09-24-2019, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Impeachment is likely the only thing Donald Trump has ever earned.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I heard earlier that McConnell (!) was going to introduce a resolution asking for the whistleblower complaint to be released to Congress, to be passed by unanimous consent. Could Moscow Mitch's heart have grown two sizes today?
If that's true, then it sounds like there's some secret backroom agreement to finally turn on Trump. I'm not sure I like that idea - while yes, it gets rid of Trump, it doesn't do anything to all the people that enabled him to do what he did. We need some sort of massive purge, not just getting rid of Trump and letting all of the toxic piles of shit that kept him in power and protected get away scot free for the next, savvier Republican to keep committing evils.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorBeef View Post
If that's true, then it sounds like there's some secret backroom agreement to finally turn on Trump.
Or Mitch has heard the recording and it's not nearly as damning as we all believe, and Pelosi is being set up to look like a fool.

#paranoia
Old 09-24-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Nah. He's just picking his battles. The law is completely unambiguous on this issue and they are bound to lose, ending up looking even more obstructionist than they already are.

I think Moscow Mitch is at a point of personal reckoning where his own reelection (and that of his Senate) has arrived to a peril moment. The splash of filth has finally gotten on the McConnell lapels. He really hates the Moscow Mitch moniker, because it demonstrates that he is now identified as one of the traitors -- which many already knew except Teh Base™. Remember, it's a pro-Russian Ukrainian oligarch (Oleg Deripaska) who pumped 200 million into Kentucky so he could build his new aluminum plant. (New York Times)

I never doubted Moscow Mitch would throw Trump under the bus as soon as he became a liability that endangered the McConnell agenda. If Moscow Mitch gives his imprimatur to going forward with Trump bus throwing, I look for other Republican Senators (cowards though they are) to soon follow.

Is it too late for Mitt Romney to become the Republican nominee for 2020? I bet Moscow Mitch loses sleep wondering about that most mornings at 3:00 a.m.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaj View Post
Or Mitch has heard the recording and it's not nearly as damning as we all believe, and Pelosi is being set up to look like a fool.

#paranoia
I think it's just a calculation that one way or another, it's going to come out eventually, and adding obstruction to the list doesn't do Trump any favors. So release the complaint and let's go with the approach of "no big deal," Trump didn't promise anything in exchange for something, he's just trying to root out corruption everywhere, etc.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:

#paranoia
2% Republicans all turning on Trump en masse

98% Moscow Mitch has a dirty trick up his sleeve
Old 09-24-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post

ETA: Their page says, "Last updated 9/24/19." Sure, but at what time of day?
Now at 185 after Pelosi's speech.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

#paranoia
Or maybe it is the most damning recording so far, but when Trump releases the "transcripts" "tomorrow" it will be edited to look like a nothingburger, so when the actual tapes come out the Right will have enough plausible deniability to say "what? The transcript has already cleared him! NO COLLUSION!"
Old 09-24-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:

#paranoia
This is my terrible fear as well.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:42 PM
Extrajudicial

Moderating

Given the meandering long running nature of this thread, I'm going to close it and direct people to the more current one going on regarding the recent announcement by Pelosi:

https://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb...d.php?t=882607

[/moderating]
Closed Thread