Old 03-22-2019, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Supernatural to end after 15th season(next year).

15 seasons. Was almost cancelled after season 6 and 7, but managed to keep going another 8 seasons to be the longest running sci-fi/fantasy type show.

It will now end, by its own choice, next year.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:45 PM

Wow. I'm on a stormy sea of moving emotion. Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:19 PM

I'm torn. I don't really watch it anymore. Just usually the "special" episode each season. I watched the one a few weeks ago and cried the entire time. That was a punch in the gut. But I liked knowing it was still on and if I read it was a good episode, I liked putting it on. However, it's about one a season now and maybe it's time to say goodbye.
Old 03-22-2019, 09:12 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post
I'm torn. I don't really watch it anymore. Just usually the "special" episode each season. I watched the one a few weeks ago and cried the entire time. That was a punch in the gut. But I liked knowing it was still on and if I read it was a good episode, I liked putting it on. However, it's about one a season now and maybe it's time to say goodbye.
Although it has seen better days I still enjoy every episode.

If it had ended after season five it would’ve been the perfect story arc. But there are so many other episodes that I enjoyed the hell out of after season five that it would’ve been a shame.

For an action/drama it has from time to time in one of the funniest shows on television. One of the reasons why I love it is the a sense of humor.

Everyone involved in the series seem to be really great people so I’m glad for them being able to ride it out for so long and to end it on their own terms.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
Although it has seen better days I still enjoy every episode.

If it had ended after season five it would’ve been the perfect story arc. But there are so many other episodes that I enjoyed the hell out of after season five that it would’ve been a shame.

For an action/drama it has from time to time in one of the funniest shows on television. One of the reasons why I love it is the a sense of humor.

Everyone involved in the series seem to be really great people so I’m glad for them being able to ride it out for so long and to end it on their own terms.
There is nothing about this post I don't agree with.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

I commend Ackles and Padalecki for doing what more people should do. Accept a decent salary, identical to the co-lead of the show, and continue to be happy for having a steady, high-paying job.

They have been very content doing the show and never felt the need to demand ridiculous salaries or leave to make big movies.

They deserve their success.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:14 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

My wife was a tremendous fan of the show for its first 7 or 8 seasons. She still watches it, though it's usually now a matter of her recording every episode on the DVR, then binge-watching a bunch of them. While she thinks that it's gone on for too long, she still loves the actors, all of whom seem like really great folks, who truly enjoy working together. Good on them for being able to go out on their own terms, and for having such an extended run of success.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
I commend Ackles and Padalecki for doing what more people should do. Accept a decent salary, identical to the co-lead of the show, and continue to be happy for having a steady, high-paying job.

They have been very content doing the show and never felt the need to demand ridiculous salaries or leave to make big movies.

They deserve their success.
Yup. And it actually cost Ackles a lot - he was offered the role of Hawkeye in the Avengers movie franchise, but couldn't do it because of his contract on Supernatural. And he's never complained about it.

We still watch the show weekly. The plots are getting tired and repetitive, but we still enjoy it simply because it's fun to spend an hour with the characters. We binge-watched the first seven seasons, and have been watching it since. It's an amazing feat to keep a show like that going for 15 years - not just holding an audience that long, but being able to do it without the cast and crew burning out. It looks like they are still having fun.

It's time to hang it up, while the cast is still in their prime and can finally move on to other things. I think Jensen Ackles still has a movie career ahead of him if he wants it. Not sure about Padelecki - apparently he suffers from serious depression and has needed a lot of support from his friends over the years. But I hope for the best for all of them.

Last edited by Sam Stone; 03-23-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:26 PM

It's well past time. IMO, the scripts have been going downhill since season 5. We still watch it every week, but it's become so episodic that we're in no big rush to find out what happens next. Looking forward to season 15, though--anything could happen!
Old 03-24-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Garrison View Post
Wow. I'm on a stormy sea of moving emotion. Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean.
It's a classic!
Old 03-24-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreysonCarlisle View Post
It's well past time. IMO, the scripts have been going downhill since season 5.
^This. I haven't watched a full episode in years. I'll occasionally hear it's still going and bring up an episode on Netflix, but I never last more than a few minutes.
Old 03-24-2019, 03:09 PM

Just adding a link to the second (?) Hillywood parody in case someone missed it.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:34 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Just adding a link to the second (?) Hillywood parody in case someone missed it.
This was the first one.

https://youtu.be/tCZy8cAgBlM
Old 03-24-2019, 04:43 PM
Charter Member

Any bets on a spinoff series? They tried to launch a couple in the past, but it didn't work. There was supposed to be a spinoff with Sheriff Jody and her female friends and family, but apparently that was tabled. I think that one could actually work if done right. The other was with a band of vampires, as I recall, and that was not a good choice. It wasn't even a good episode.

But depending on how they end the show, I could see a Castiel spinoff, or one with new Bobby and Mary Winchester. I suspect the network will be looking for ways to keep some aspect of the show going, considering how successful it's been for them.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
This was the first one.

https://youtu.be/tCZy8cAgBlM
Nice! I vaguely remember seeing that one before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Stone View Post
Any bets on a spinoff series? They tried to launch a couple in the past, but it didn't work. There was supposed to be a spinoff with Sheriff Jody and her female friends and family, but apparently that was tabled. I think that one could actually work if done right.
Man, I was really looking forward to Wayward Sisters. Was bummed when it was shelved.

Quote:
But depending on how they end the show, I could see a Castiel spinoff, or one with new Bobby and Mary Winchester. I suspect the network will be looking for ways to keep some aspect of the show going, considering how successful it's been for them.
I'd like to see a back-in-the-day series with the Winchester/Campbell parents and grandparents, Bobby and Rufus, and Pastor Jim and Missouri featuring.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:49 PM

welp, at least it outlasted the network it started on by a good 14 years
Old 03-24-2019, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Was almost cancelled after season 6 and 7, but managed to keep going another 8 seasons to be the longest running sci-fi/fantasy type show.
That "longest running" needs a bunch of qualifiers; otherwise "Doctor Who" would like a word with you.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Stone View Post
I think that one could actually work if done right. The other was with a band of vampires, as I recall, and that was not a good choice. It wasn't even a good episode.

Bloodlines.
Old 03-24-2019, 06:22 PM

I've always wanted to try this show out even though science fiction isn't my thing. Would I enjoy it?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:38 PM
Charter Member

It's not science fiction. It's supernatural fantasy. Monsters, gods, demons, etc.

The quality of the show stems from the quality of the actors, the writing (especially the humor), and the fact that the main characters are all extremely likeable and fun to watch. It's a lot like Buffy the Vampire Slayer in that way - a show that at its base was kind of cheesy and not to be taken too seriously, but which created a fanatical following because of the characters and the quality of the writing.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
I've always wanted to try this show out even though science fiction isn't my thing. Would I enjoy it?
The first season was OK. Seasons 2-5 are excellent.

Seasons 6-14 vary in quality, but the show is always watchable. I would say around season 12 or so, they got back to being a much better show after a couple seasons of drift.

I love it and am sad to see it end after 15 seasons, so that says something.
Old 03-24-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:

Seasons 6-14 vary in quality, but the show is always watchable.
Agreed. There are some fairly infrequent character appearances that always land well no matter the quality of the rest of the season. Jodie, Donna, the Trickster, Rufus.

And there are some fun episodes in every season. Scoobynatural, Dog Dean Afternoon, Bad Day at Black Rock, Mystery Spot.

And then there's Heart. I haven't been able to watch it but once. I just can't.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:29 AM

Quote:
And there are some fun episodes in every season. Scoobynatural,
Aw c'mon, we hate the meta episodes.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlierrn View Post
Aw c'mon, we hate the meta episodes.
Who's "we"?
Old 03-25-2019, 09:47 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Who's "we"?
Not me
Old 03-25-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:

Seasons 6-14 vary in quality, but the show is always watchable. I would say around season 12 or so, they got back to being a much better show after a couple seasons of drift.

I love it and am sad to see it end after 15 seasons, so that says something.
I agree with this, too. They lost their way a bit for a few seasons, and probably lost a good number of fans because of this, but they carried on like wayward sons and now they don't cry no more.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:38 AM

I watched the first 5 seasons, I think. Maybe 6? Anyway, around that time it seemed they were clearly far beyond any story arc that had been halfway though out. Really seemed they were just wingin' it. Could count a dozen or more times where I said, OK, they've jumped the shark. BUT! When they do a "special" episode, they absolutely crush it. Mystery Spot is in those earlier seasons, but it's one of the greatest single TV episodes of the century.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:58 PM

Spin-off has to be 'Ghost Chasers' - it really needs a chance.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:03 PM

This was one of those shows where the basic premise was right up my alley, but for some reason I never watched it. Then somewhere around season 10 it pinged my radar again, but I couldn't get past 10 seasons of history to get into it.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simster View Post
Spin-off has to be 'Ghost Chasers' - it really needs a chance.
I think you mean Ghost Facers!
Old 03-25-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessan View Post
Who's "we"?
Well, that's just a line from the episode Fan Fiction with the girls school putting on the musical, which, imho, is awesome, and easily the best of the self referential eps. Having said that, I'm not much of a fan of the meta episodes, that's probably why I remember that scene.
Old 03-30-2019, 09:42 PM

It's difficult to imagine the final scene of the final episode being anything other than Sam and Dean driving off in the Impala to the next case. What else could they do? Retiring from hunting doesn't really seem plausible. And having them die would be fairly anticlimactic given that they've kinda done that before. I don't know. I hope that they can find a way to surprise me somehow.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooooopy View Post
It's difficult to imagine the final scene of the final episode being anything other than Sam and Dean driving off in the Impala to the next case. What else could they do? Retiring from hunting doesn't really seem plausible. And having them die would be fairly anticlimactic given that they've kinda done that before. I don't know. I hope that they can find a way to surprise me somehow.
I imagined the other day that the last scene cuts to black just as one of them jumps for a portal that'll get him back to his brother and the "real" world. Does he make it? Who knows!

But I think you're right. They'll ride their trusty Impala into the sunset on their way to hunting something and saving someone.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:10 AM

Either going on another hunt riding into the sunset, or as Jensen has said, going out in a blaze of glory saving the world one last time.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:51 PM

Season 15 starts on October 10th.

Some spoilers gleaned from the internet:
SPOILER:

Adam will be back in some form.
The Darkness will be back.
Hell will feature prominently in the early episodes.
The Trickster (Speight) will be directing several episodes.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

How do we even end a show that has gone on(and on) this long?

Thoughts? Predictions?
Old 08-28-2019, 02:11 PM

The end of 14 was such a departure from Chuck's character that I wonder if God is really God. Traditionally, it has been Gabriel who raises the dead worldwide, but that would be a departure from his character, as well. God's line "You're my favorite story" sounds like something Metatron would say, but I don't know if he ever had the juice to pull off raising all those evil things.

If God is not really God, I think it'll be the Shadow (the ruler of the Empty).

But it probably is him, and I'll just have to get used to Evil Chuck.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:21 PM

I was thinking about Chuck recently. And I think he really is God, the creator of the multiverses. I think of it like he's been around for a very long time and creates universes as a way to pass the time. They are his television shows that he can influence in different ways to have different "shows" to watch.

He's not really good or evil. He just is and since he can pretty much do whatever he wants, in the universes that he creates, than to him, he is good and everything he does is good.

Plus he likes drama stories, like how excited he got when Dean almost killed Jack. Chuck enjoyed that drama.

There are other entities that exist besides Chuck, like the darkness, and the empty. So he's not God in the sense of he created everything. But he can create universes, so he does, for his own amusement.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:04 AM
Charter Member

I think God is God, but I also think we might discover that there is another level of Deity above him, and he may be just one of many, many lesser Gods. Maybe each one creates universes, but our multiverse is just one aspect of a larger creation. Or something like that.

I'm thinking, go big or go home. You've already done the whole God thing, and even a few creatures not under God's control. So how do you have a big finish?

I could easily see the end of the show being like this: The final, big confrontation comes down, and the only way for Sam and Dean to save the world is to die in the attempt. So they do.

Cut to a final scene of all the Winchesters sitting around a table, chatting about old times and laughing. Bobby's there too, and maybe Rufus, and after a bit Castiel comes in for a visit then has to go because running heaven is a lot of work.

Last edited by Sam Stone; 08-29-2019 at 02:06 AM.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:36 AM

They have already established that The Empty predates Chuck. Plus, The Empty has been a dangling Chekhov's Gun ever since it was introduced--it is the place where all dead angels go, and I expected that to be used in the "too few angels to run Heaven" plotline, but it wasn't. I suspect it will be used in the "defeat Chuck" plotline. Bring back an army. (Heck, find a way to bring back Crowley.)
Old 08-31-2019, 02:18 PM

Sam and Dean as the new God and the Darkness?

It's established that neither God nor the Darkness can be killed without the universe imploding, and it's been set up that the original Death will reap God (or so he says), so God can be killed, but somebody's gotta take God's place. I assume that the same holds true for Amara.

That ending wouldn't be especially satisfying to me. The boys are hunters, not the masters of the freakin' universe (and Dean really hated filling in for Death that one time). But it would add another option the long-running assumption that all hunters die either bloody or broken.

Alternately, Castiel could become (again) the new God, and Amara could go do her Darkness stuff in the horsehead nebula or whatever.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:16 PM

I stopped watching it two seasons ago, but will pick it back up this year - did they ever bring the Antichrist back? The one that was born and was just a little boy way back in early seasons?
Old 09-04-2019, 02:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poysyn View Post
I stopped watching it two seasons ago, but will pick it back up this year - did they ever bring the Antichrist back? The one that was born and was just a little boy way back in early seasons?
Nope. They just forgot about that.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:32 PM

So what'd ya think? I don't want to give away any spoilers since it won't stream for free until tomorrow.

I like the premise for the season, and I liked seeing one of the actors playing a much different role. Sam seems to have conquered some of his fears, but it looks like some other ones are about to come to the surface. These should be interesting times.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoorex View Post
Either going on another hunt riding into the sunset, or as Jensen has said, going out in a blaze of glory saving the world one last time.
I'd sort of like to see the boys retire (maybe Chuck grants them some inner peace and absolution) and they end up sipping mai-tais on a nice beach somewhere. We get to see them kicking back without a care in the world, then Castiel walks in and says, "Let's go." The boys look at each other for a few beats and one says to the other, "Why not?" They hop into the Impala and drive off down the road. Fade out.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:02 AM

Spoilers-a-rama follows:

After watching the episode. I am liking Sam's thinking, at the end. Chuck took off to go and watch his other shows and left them alone. So now it really is just Sam and Dean against all of Hell.

Except, I think Chuck is still watching. And enjoying the drama. He did say this version of Sam and Dean are his favorite. And maybe this is the first time the boys stood up against him like they did. And that kind of shocked and angered and excited Chuck. "Behold! Something New in the show."

So Chuck is seeing something new. And he likes it. A new show for him to watch and experience.

And this new demon that is wearing Jack's body, conveniently knows just all the right spells.

Is Chuck putting himself into this new story. And because it is new he is just too excited and wants to be a part of it and experience the newness along with Sam and Dean.

And maybe, he is secretly hoping for Sam and Dean to prevail, because all the other versions never have?

So because of all of my leanings, maybe Sam and Dean do find a way to send all the souls back to hell and close the doors to hell and defeat Michael again. Then Chuck reveals himself at the end, as demon Jack, and congratulates them on a well played show and as a reward lets them continue being regular old hunters just like they were in the early seasons.

Dean, Sam and Cass calls Chuck a dick. He laughs and disappears. And then the boys get back into the impala and drive off.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:52 PM
Charter Member

Jared Padalecki just got arrested for assault and public intoxication.

Yikes.
Old 10-31-2019, 12:29 AM

It occurs to me that they never had a mummy as the monster of the week, or did I just miss it?
Old 10-31-2019, 03:17 AM

Quote:
It occurs to me that they never had a mummy as the monster of the week, or did I just miss it?
Nope. Closest they got was in season 4's Monster Movie.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I was always hoping for a haunted dice episode where a friendly D&D session spawned all sorts of evil creatures like the D&D versions of liches, goblins, and spectres.