Old 10-06-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
..."everyone must buy" is very different to what you propose, which is "punishing people who choose not to buy." The "government must subsidize so that everyone can afford" is not the same as what you have argued in this thread which is "we set an arbitrary figure on who does and doesn't qualify as 'poor' who would be eligible for a subsidy."

Two of the three of your "legs" don't match up with the plan that you talk about in this thread. Which plan do you actually endorse, this plan or the plan you have been advocating throughout this and other threads?

You still haven't answered the questions:

Can you guarantee that nobody will get 80K bills in your system? Can you guarantee that there will be no people who don't qualify for medicaid but also can't afford health insurance?

How about you answer the questions I've put to you several times in the thread first?

LOL.

The problem isn't "basic healthcare econ 101." Its that your plan for UHC won't get you to UHC.

I'll keep posting as long as you keep responding to me.
I figured you wouldn't answer the basic question (just like you wouldn't admit your flawed premise from post 265). If the answer is "yes", then you have no choice but to admit that a fixed ACA can deliver UHC. If the answer is "no", then you'd be trying to pretend that Switzerland doesn't exist.

I've already explained my views pretty clearly on this thread and will no longer discuss anything with you on thread, because I can tell what is motivating your posts as I've seen on other threads, and I have nothing left to say that wouldn't run afoul of the moderators.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survinga View Post
I figured you wouldn't answer the basic question (just like you wouldn't admit your flawed premise from post 265).
...LOL. My premise wasn't flawed. And you've been ignoring my questions throughout the thread. You still haven't answered the question would your plan allow for the possibility of people ending up with 80K of debt. I've asked you several times. I figured you wouldn't answer that basic question.

The 3 legs don't match your plan. Therefore your plan isn't UHC by your very own definition.

Quote:
If the answer is "yes", then you have no choice but to admit that a fixed ACA can deliver UHC.
The version of a "fixed ACA" you have presented in this thread does not deliver UHC. It doesn't even match the 3 legs you presented in the last post.

Quote:
If the answer is "no", then you'd be trying to pretend that Switzerland doesn't exist.
Your plan and Switzerland's plan are not the same. Switzerland's plan is compulsory, yours is not. Its tied to a percentage of your income, yours is not. The amount that you pay out of pocket is capped, yours is not.

The differences are obvious.

Quote:
I've already explained my views pretty clearly on this thread and will no longer discuss anything with you on thread, because I can tell what is motivating your posts as I've seen on other threads, and I have nothing left to say that wouldn't run afoul of the moderators.
BYE!!!