Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #251  
Old 10-17-2019, 11:53 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
IQs:

1) Were you Prime Minister of the UK in the 1980's?
2) Were you a female silent screen comedy great?
3) Were you FLOTUS for the early part of the 1960's?

Not Margaret Thatcher, DQ, not Mamie Eisenhower
Correct, Mabel Normand, Correct.

DQ: Died in the 21st Century?
  #252  
Old 10-17-2019, 11:55 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post
1. Are you dragged off by your heavily-drinking genius grandfather for high-concept Sci-Fi rigamarole?
2. In the film version of Oliver! did you play Fagin?
3. Were your sayings collected in the Little Red Book?
not Morty, DQ, not Mao Zedong

Last edited by Knowed Out; 10-17-2019 at 11:55 AM.
  #253  
Old 10-17-2019, 11:56 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,176
DQ Roundup

1. Female
2. Real
3. First name starts with M
4. Dead
5. Not American
6. European
7. Did not die in the 1900's
8. Not best known for the Arts
9. Did not die in the 21st century
  #254  
Old 10-17-2019, 12:54 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
IQs:

1) Did you famously say "Let them eat cake" even though you didn't really?
2) Did you tempt Faust into trading his soul for knowledge?
3) Did Edwin Arlington Robinson call you a "child of scorn"?
  #255  
Old 10-17-2019, 02:17 PM
De La Rue is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
not Morty, DQ, not Mao Zedong
2 was Ron Moody.


IQs:

1. Do you play Eleven on Stranger Things?
2. Do you go back to the Fifth Dimension when you say your name backwards?
3. Were you assassinated by Leon Czolgosz?


DQs:
1. from the European continent?
2. died after 1700?

One DQ reserved.

Last edited by De La Rue; 10-17-2019 at 02:18 PM.
  #256  
Old 10-17-2019, 02:53 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
IQs:

1) Did you famously say "Let them eat cake" even though you didn't really?
Yes, I am Marie Antoinette and I was executed on this yesterdate in 1793!
  #257  
Old 10-17-2019, 05:14 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Whoa. That was far easier than I expected.

Next up, I am C!
  #258  
Old 10-17-2019, 08:00 PM
atimnie's Avatar
atimnie is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3,190
IQ1: Were you the ultimate winner of a lifetime supply of chocolate?
IQ2: Did you commercially think people would like you for your good taste?
IQ3: Do you live in fear of kite eating trees?
__________________
Wait, you can do signatures?
  #259  
Old 10-17-2019, 09:41 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Sorry, Charlie. I'm not Bucket, the Tuna, or Brown.
  #260  
Old 10-17-2019, 10:12 PM
atimnie's Avatar
atimnie is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3,190
IQ1: Did your songs appear in several Betty Boop cartoons?
IQ2: Did you play a general store owner on two rural comedy shows in the 60s?
IQ3: Were you a guitar and keyboard player for one of the most popular girl groups?
__________________
Wait, you can do signatures?
  #261  
Old 10-17-2019, 11:13 PM
De La Rue is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 642
Congrats, Prof.!

IQs:
1. Were you interrupted by a person from Porlock?
2. Were you nicknamed the Georgia Peach?
3. Are your wife Aline and daughter Sophie also artists?
  #262  
Old 10-18-2019, 08:05 AM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,176
IQ1: Are you QB for the Oakland Raiders?
IQ2: Are you head coach of the Seattle Seahawks?
IQ3: Is one of your dictums "Go ahead. Make my day."
  #263  
Old 10-18-2019, 09:47 AM
Elendil's Heir is offline
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 86,311
Good job, Prof. P.! I recently learned that Marietta, Ohio was named after her.

Previous IQs:

Did you date the actress who played your mom in a single movie? - Marshall Mathers AKA Eminem dated Kim Basinger, who played his mom in Eight Mile
Did you found a noted Bible institute? - Mr. Moodey
Did you interview Josiah "Tink" Thompson about the Kennedy assassination? - Documentary filmmaker Errol Morris

On to C!

IQs:

Were you the first VPOTUS to resign?
Did you command the USS Excalibur in a series of Star Trek novels?
Were you a hero of the 1864 Battle of Franklin who was later elected Governor of Ohio?
  #264  
Old 10-18-2019, 10:45 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by atimnie View Post
IQ1: Did your songs appear in several Betty Boop cartoons?
IQ2: Did you play a general store owner on two rural comedy shows in the 60s?
IQ3: Were you a guitar and keyboard player for one of the most popular girl groups?
#1. I am not Cab Calloway.
Take 2 DQs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post
Congrats, Prof.!

IQs:
1. Were you interrupted by a person from Porlock?
2. Were you nicknamed the Georgia Peach?
3. Are your wife Aline and daughter Sophie also artists?
1. I am not Coleridge.
Take 2 DQs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
IQ1: Are you QB for the Oakland Raiders?
IQ2: Are you head coach of the Seattle Seahawks?
IQ3: Is one of your dictums "Go ahead. Make my day."
#3. I am not Harry Callahan.
Take 2 DQs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
IQs:

Were you the first VPOTUS to resign?
Did you command the USS Excalibur in a series of Star Trek novels?
Were you a hero of the 1864 Battle of Franklin who was later elected Governor of Ohio?
#1. I am not John C. Calhoun.
#2. I am not Christopher Pike (??).
Take 1 or 2 DQs.
  #265  
Old 10-18-2019, 11:19 AM
atimnie's Avatar
atimnie is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3,190
IQ1: Did your songs appear in several Betty Boop cartoons?
IQ2: Did you play a general store owner on two rural comedy shows in the 60s?
IQ3: Were you a guitar and keyboard player for one of the most popular girl groups?


Cab Calloway, Frank Cady, as Sam Drucker on Petticoat Junction and Green Acres, and Charlotte Caffey of the Go-Gos

Real?
Male?
__________________
Wait, you can do signatures?
  #266  
Old 10-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
DQs:

1) Real
2) Male
  #267  
Old 10-18-2019, 11:34 AM
atimnie's Avatar
atimnie is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3,190
IQ1: Were you a movie icon who starred in The Time of Your Life?
IQ2: Were you 1's sister who also appeared in that movie?
IQ3: Did you play a TV superhero, and did you have the same name as a biblical murderer?
__________________
Wait, you can do signatures?
  #268  
Old 10-18-2019, 01:43 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by atimnie View Post
IQ1: Were you a movie icon who starred in The Time of Your Life?
IQ2: Were you 1's sister who also appeared in that movie?
IQ3: Did you play a TV superhero, and did you have the same name as a biblical murderer?
#1. I am not James Cagney.
#2. Take a DQ.
#3. I am not Dean Cain.
  #269  
Old 10-18-2019, 01:50 PM
atimnie's Avatar
atimnie is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3,190
2 was Jeanne Cagney

Living?
__________________
Wait, you can do signatures?
  #270  
Old 10-18-2019, 02:00 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
DQs:

1) Real
2) Male
3) Dead
  #271  
Old 10-18-2019, 02:03 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,176
Quote:
IQ1: Are you QB for the Oakland Raiders?
IQ2: Are you head coach of the Seattle Seahawks?
IQ3: Is one of your dictums "Go ahead. Make my day."

#3. I am not Harry Callahan.
Take 2 DQs.
Derek Carr, Pete Carroll, correct

DQ: American?
DQ: Known for the Arts?
  #272  
Old 10-18-2019, 02:31 PM
De La Rue is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
1. I am not Coleridge.
Take 2 DQs.
2 (the Georgia Peach) was Ty Cobb; 3 (husband of Aline and father of Sophie) is R. Crumb.


IQs:
1. Did you write Ender's Game?
2. Are you a New Jersey senator and candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination?
3. Did you direct Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles?


Two DQs reserved.

Last edited by De La Rue; 10-18-2019 at 02:33 PM.
  #273  
Old 10-18-2019, 03:07 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
DQs:

1) Real
2) Male
3) Dead
4) Not American
5) Known for the Arts
  #274  
Old 10-18-2019, 03:08 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post
2 (the Georgia Peach) was Ty Cobb; 3 (husband of Aline and father of Sophie) is R. Crumb.


IQs:
1. Did you write Ender's Game?
2. Are you a New Jersey senator and candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination?
3. Did you direct Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles?


Two DQs reserved.
1) I am not Orson Card.
2) I am not Cory Booker.
3) Take a DQ.
  #275  
Old 10-19-2019, 12:11 AM
Elendil's Heir is offline
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 86,311
Previous IQs:

Were you the first VPOTUS to resign? - Yes, John C. Calhoun
Did you command the USS Excalibur in a series of Star Trek novels? - Capt. Mackenzie Calhoun
Were you a hero of the 1864 Battle of Franklin who was later elected Governor of Ohio? - Jacob D. Cox

DQs:

European?
Last name start with C?

IQs:

Were you the Finch family's beloved cook?
Contrary to what a 2000 movie showed, and as awful as you were, is it generally thought that you didn't murder your father?
Were you appointed Chief Justice of the United States in 1864?
  #276  
Old 10-19-2019, 09:30 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
DQs:

1) Real
2) Male
3) Dead
4) Not American
5) Known for the Arts
6) European
7) Last name starts with C
  #277  
Old 10-19-2019, 09:32 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
IQs:

Were you the Finch family's beloved cook?
Contrary to what a 2000 movie showed, and as awful as you were, is it generally thought that you didn't murder your father?
Were you appointed Chief Justice of the United States in 1864?
#1. I am not Sebastian Cabot (??)
#2. Take a DQ.
#3. I am not Salmon P. Chase.
  #278  
Old 10-19-2019, 12:15 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,176
IQ1: Are you an Italian operatic tenor, and one of the first vocal artists to be commercially recorded?
IQ2: Are you a funk bandleader who wears multicolored wigs?
IQ3: Did you posthumously sing "Unforgettable" with your daughter?
  #279  
Old 10-19-2019, 12:45 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
IQ1: Are you an Italian operatic tenor, and one of the first vocal artists to be commercially recorded?
IQ2: Are you a funk bandleader who wears multicolored wigs?
IQ3: Did you posthumously sing "Unforgettable" with your daughter?
1. I am not Enrico Caruso?
2) Take a DQ.
3) I am not Nat "King" Cole.
  #280  
Old 10-19-2019, 02:58 PM
De La Rue is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
1) I am not Orson Card.
2) I am not Cory Booker.
3) Take a DQ.
3 (director of Jeanne Dielman) was Chantal Akerman.

IQs:
1. On SNL, were you you, and we weren't?
2. Did you appear in The Thirty-Foot Bride of Candy Rock, without your frequent partner?
3. Are you the most famous asp bite victim?


DQ: died before 1900?
  #281  
Old 10-19-2019, 05:34 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post
3 (director of Jeanne Dielman) was Chantal Akerman.

IQs:
1. On SNL, were you you, and we weren't?
2. Did you appear in The Thirty-Foot Bride of Candy Rock, without your frequent partner?
3. Are you the most famous asp bite victim?
1) I am not Chevy Chase, and neither are you.
2) Take a DQ.
3) I am not Cleopatra.
  #282  
Old 10-19-2019, 05:35 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
DQs:

1) Real
2) Male
3) Dead
4) Not American
5) Known for the Arts
6) European
7) Last name starts with C
8) Died after 1900
  #283  
Old 10-19-2019, 06:24 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,176
Quote:
IQ1: Are you an Italian operatic tenor, and one of the first vocal artists to be commercially recorded?
IQ2: Are you a funk bandleader who wears multicolored wigs?
IQ3: Did you posthumously sing "Unforgettable" with your daughter?

1. I am not Enrico Caruso?
2) Take a DQ.
3) I am not Nat "King" Cole.
George Clinton

DQ" Known for the Performing Arts?
  #284  
Old 10-19-2019, 06:48 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,176
IQ1: Did you play Balok in the ST: TOS episode "The Corbomite Maneuver"?
IQ2: Did you play an aspiring actor in Taxi and a security chief in Babylon 5?
IQ3: Are you a standup comic who allegedly stole material from Louis C.K.?
  #285  
Old 10-19-2019, 09:06 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
DQs:

1) Real
2) Male
3) Dead
4) Not American
5) Known for the Arts
6) European
7) Last name starts with C
8) Died after 1900
9) Known for the Performing Arts


KO, take 3 DQs.
  #286  
Old 10-19-2019, 10:05 PM
De La Rue is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
1) I am not Chevy Chase, and neither are you.
2) Take a DQ.
3) I am not Cleopatra.
2 was Lou Costello.

IQs:
1. Are you a British science fiction author who wrote The Prestige?
2. Are you an American comic book writer and editor who has worked on Black Panther, Quantum and Woody, and most recently Deathstroke?
3. Did you install solar panels on the White House?


DQ: from continental Europe?
  #287  
Old 10-19-2019, 11:48 PM
Elendil's Heir is offline
SDSAB
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: my Herkimer Battle Jitney
Posts: 86,311
Previous IQs:

Were you the Finch family's beloved cook? - Calpurnia, in To Kill a Mockingbird
Contrary to what a 2000 movie showed, and as awful as you were, is it generally thought that you didn't murder your father? - Emperor Commodus, son of Marcus Aurelius, played by Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator
Were you appointed Chief Justice of the United States in 1864? - Yes, Salmon P. Chase

DQs:

Died after 1950?
Won a top award in his field?

IQs:

Did you fly across America, "crash by crash"?
Were you mentioned in the title of Col. Sherman Potter's favorite movie?
Did you play T.R. Devlin?
  #288  
Old 10-20-2019, 10:02 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
DQs:

1) Real
2) Male
3) Dead
4) Not American
5) Known for the Arts
6) European
7) Last name starts with C
8) Died after 1900
9) Known for the Performing Arts
10) Not from continental Europe
11) Died after 1950
12) Won a top award in his field, and many honors
  #289  
Old 10-20-2019, 10:03 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post

IQs:
1. Are you a British science fiction author who wrote The Prestige?
2. Are you an American comic book writer and editor who has worked on Black Panther, Quantum and Woody, and most recently Deathstroke?
3. Did you install solar panels on the White House?
Take 3 DQs.
  #290  
Old 10-20-2019, 10:05 AM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post

IQs:

Did you fly across America, "crash by crash"?
Were you mentioned in the title of Col. Sherman Potter's favorite movie?
Did you play T.R. Devlin?
1. I am not Wrong Way Corrigan.
2. Take a DQ.
3. I am not Cary Grant.
  #291  
Old 10-20-2019, 03:13 PM
De La Rue is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
Take 3 DQs.
1

1 (British author of The Prestige) was Christopher Priest; 2 (American comic book writer known for Black Panther) was Christopher Priest; 3 (put solar panels on the White House) is Jimmy Carter.

IQs:
1. Have you come to say that bananas must be ripened in a certain way?
2. Because of your scientific work, are your notebooks radioactive?
3. Did you play Donna on Doctor Who?


DQs:
1. died before 2000?
2. from England?

One DQ reserved.
  #292  
Old 10-20-2019, 04:42 PM
Knowed Out's Avatar
Knowed Out is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Kakkalakee
Posts: 15,176
Take 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
IQ1: Did you play Balok in the ST: TOS episode "The Corbomite Maneuver"?
IQ2: Did you play an aspiring actor in Taxi and a security chief in Babylon 5?
IQ3: Are you a standup comic who allegedly stole material from Louis C.K.?
  #293  
Old 10-20-2019, 05:44 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Take 2
Sorry, thought I'd done that one. Take 3 DQs.

Ah, I did. See 285.

Last edited by Prof. Pepperwinkle; 10-20-2019 at 05:48 PM.
  #294  
Old 10-20-2019, 05:46 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
DQs:

1) Real
2) Male
3) Dead
4) Not American
5) Known for the Arts
6) European
7) Last name starts with C
8) Died after 1900
9) Known for the Performing Arts
10) Not from continental Europe
11) Died after 1950
12) Won a top award in his field, and many honors
13) Died before 2000
14) English
  #295  
Old 10-20-2019, 05:47 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by De La Rue View Post
IQs:
1. Have you come to say that bananas must be ripened in a certain way?
2. Because of your scientific work, are your notebooks radioactive?
3. Did you play Donna on Doctor Who?
1) Take a DQ.
2) I am not Madame Curie.
3) I am not Catherine Tate.
  #296  
Old 10-20-2019, 05:56 PM
atimnie's Avatar
atimnie is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3,190
IQ1: Were you a skin flick actress born with the name Jean Poremba?
IQ2: Did you work with the Beach Boys before forming an act with your wife?
IQ3: Did the Beach Boys sing about you, and did Dr Hook say they wanted your job?
__________________
Wait, you can do signatures?
  #297  
Old 10-20-2019, 06:36 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by atimnie View Post
IQ1: Were you a skin flick actress born with the name Jean Poremba?
IQ2: Did you work with the Beach Boys before forming an act with your wife?
IQ3: Did the Beach Boys sing about you, and did Dr Hook say they wanted your job?
#2. I am not Glen Campbell (??)
Take 2 DQs.
  #298  
Old 10-20-2019, 07:04 PM
atimnie's Avatar
atimnie is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3,190
I'll take 3. Candie Evans, Captain Daryl Dragon, Johnny Carson

Well known in America?
Known for comedy?
Known from TV?
__________________
Wait, you can do signatures?
  #299  
Old 10-20-2019, 08:48 PM
De La Rue is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Pepperwinkle View Post
1) Take a DQ.
2) I am not Madame Curie.
3) I am not Catherine Tate.
1 was Chiquita Banana.

IQs:
1. Were your columns the basis for Sex and the City?
2. Are you a Sex and the City actress who ran in the 2018 Democratic primary for governor in New York?
3. Did you win that primary?


DQs:
1. died before 1980?
2. won an Oscar?
  #300  
Old 10-20-2019, 10:01 PM
Prof. Pepperwinkle's Avatar
Prof. Pepperwinkle is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chateau Pepperwinkle
Posts: 60,310
DQs:

1) Real
2) Male
3) Dead
4) Not American
5) Known for the Arts
6) European
7) Last name starts with C
8) Died after 1900
9) Known for the Performing Arts
10) Not from continental Europe
11) Died after 1950
12) Won a top award in his field, and many honors
13) Died before 2000
14) English
15) Not as well known in America as in England, but known
16) Known for comedy
17) Known from TV (won a BAFTA) and movies and stage shows
18) Died after 1980
19) Did not win an Oscar

Last edited by Prof. Pepperwinkle; 10-20-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017