Old 10-13-2019, 12:08 PM

Bear: Beckdawreks bad, bad, bad, boy!(bingo! 'Bs')

Bear.
What can I say? He is the best, baddest, brat. The textbook example of male Siamese. Loud, bossy, snooty, aloof. A small package that packs a big boom.
He was so bad yesterday.
List:
1. Bit my finger at breakfast. Didn't eat after I scolded him. So hunger came on with loud protestations.
2.Didn't like the next can of kitty pate', 3 cans later he ate.
3. Loud noises because a sock was in his dryer top bed. Grrr!
4. He usually uses the actual toliet for cat necessaries. Nope. He went to 2 of the 3 cat boxes and scattered litter in protest of who knows what.
5. Tiny Yorkie got too close and got slapped around. Shrieking. I scolded Bear, again. He flew up the stairs and barfed up a hairball in my bedroom.
6. A game of chase my Sister Meeko happened while I was trying to nap. I heard a crash downstairs. He knocked a glass off the kitchen counter.
7. I did go back and nap. Bad decision. He tore up a roll of paper towel I neglected to hide in the pantry. Paper allover the kitchen.
8. Oh, didn't close the pantry door. He bit chunks out of 2 potatoes. And denied it.
9. He tried, unsuccessfully to turn on the kitchen faucet. I know because the dawn liquid was in the sink completely empty it flowed right down the drain. My fault. Didn't snap the lid down.
10. At least an hour of howling at the french doors. I opened the door and he ran and hid.
I'm going crazy or this cat has decided to make me crazy

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 10-13-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:36 PM

Someone was having A Not Very Good Day. I'll leave to you to decide who.
Old 10-13-2019, 12:50 PM

Today is shaping to be another bad day in Bears-ville. He knocked my cereal bowl off the table. Cereal, milk and a broken bowl.
Again he protested his breakfast choices. I gave up. He's roaming around howling cause he's hungry. Grrr!
Old 10-13-2019, 12:57 PM

Poor Bear. You just can't get good help these days.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:07 PM

It's true. It takes years to truly reach your potential as a cat slave.
Old 10-13-2019, 01:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Today is shaping to be another bad day in Bears-ville. He knocked my cereal bowl off the table. Cereal, milk and a broken bowl.
Again he protested his breakfast choices. I gave up. He's roaming around howling cause he's hungry. Grrr!
My dad has always said that the cat will eat when it gets hungry enough. This has stood me in good stead for decades now. I put the food down. If they don't eat, I put it away for a bit and next time they get hungry the same food gets put down again. Repeat until they eat. It's a bit of a battle of wills.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:04 PM

Bear has a will like a..well... a steel bear trap. He ALWAYS wins.
He did finally eat when I put him a liver treat on his plate next to uber expensive lobster kitty pate'. No 'Special Kitty' brand for this royal PITA.
He got all pissy when the dogs and me came in. It's drizzly rain outside, so the dogs were damp. I got the dog towel and dried them off. You would think I was murdering them the way Bear and Meeko acted. They hate the dogs until I'm doing anything to them. So nosy. They come to inspect and get mad. I have to hide in the bathroom to brush the Yorkie.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 10-13-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:08 PM

Bear would find life, difficult(dare I say unbearable?), at my house.

Just because I occasionally serve a feline overlord does not mean I accept abuse from them. Bear would probably spend a lot of time hungry at my place until he figured out the food rules and sometimes having someone cater to every need means having towels and brushes applied to oneself and one's companions

Last edited by DorkVader; 10-13-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 04:14 PM

Dork- look for a package coming your way. Do not chew out FedX about those holes poked in the box. I did that.
Enjoy your present
Old 10-13-2019, 09:08 PM

Bear jumped up at a pendant light hanging over my island. A moth was flitting around. He hung on by his claws for 2 seconds before he and the bulb/globe thingy crashed on the island. Made the biggest mess of small slivers of glass. Bear flew to the beams. I put my shoes on and cleaned and vacuumed the broken glass. I hope I got it all. Little paws and my bare feet don't like glass in them.
I don't think Bear was injured. He won't come down for me to check. He's up there giving me sweet blinkie eyes. I've decided to ignore him. Even Meeko is surprised at how bad Bear is being. She didn't follow him up. She in my lap asleep and purring.
I'm of the 'ignore bad behaviour' school of discipline. Recently out of necessity I've been scolding his bad behaviour. I think he's rebelling against this new tactic. I'm rethinking my flawed wisdom.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 10-13-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:34 PM

How dare you nap when Bear needed your attention and obeisance? Really, it was for your own good that he called attention to your insufficiency. I read once that Siamese cats are a lot like dogs, but I can't see why. A dog doesn't ride your pendant lights. A dog may turn up her nose at canned food she doesn't like, but she will then let you know you erred by eating your bedroom slippers.

Does your granddaughter have a Siamese yet? If so, has your DIL developed any new twitches?
Old 10-13-2019, 09:36 PM

Might be time to break out the big guns before going with the nuclear option of sending him to me(yes, I'd take him, i do seem to run the Vader Family Orphanage and Home For Cats) the SQUIRT BOTTLE OF DOOM OOM oom oom
Old 10-13-2019, 10:00 PM

Oh, no. Not the squirt bottle!
I just recently recommended my mid-daughter squirt her yappy Chihuahuas, to teach them to quit barking. She claims it's working way better than she thought it would.
I will consider the squirt bottle. Let me ponder how bad this could turn out and go all kinda wrong. Hmmm?
(Nellie, the baby kitten is at home, from all reports it's been good. DIL, at this point still has control over the situation. Her days are numbered. I remember thinking I was in control, once upon a time)
Old 10-13-2019, 10:21 PM

Well thats the thing with me. Imma enforce the rulez cause he may think he's a god, but I'm still bigger. I can and have and will outstubborn a cat until he breaks or one of us goes away, and remember, I'm bigger (and unlike his divineness I also have opposable thumbs) Yeah, it's harsh, but I ain't above a little physical intimidation of cats when they need it. Lovers get scitches and treats and rule the roost, hellions get stared down hard

Last edited by DorkVader; 10-13-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 10:47 PM

I was watching the last seconds of the Redskins-Dolphins game on my laptop, when Wilson (a/k/a "Big Daddy") decided that would be a good time to stroll onto the keyboard and black out the screen. Fortunately the 'Skins only had to run out the clock, so I didn't miss anything exciting. But I warned him, don't do that when the 'Skins are in the Super Bowl.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:09 PM

My cats just sit right down on the laptop. Perfect for warming kitty bums.
They're not concerned what manner of important business I may be doing

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 10-13-2019 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:46 AM

Hummmmm, Maybe you should send them to me for a "while" Beck. Vader's Orphanage and Home For Wayward Cats is famous from corner to corner of my living room for the 99.999% success rate of our discipline and training program for spoiled kitties. It's totally free and comes with a 100% lifetime money back guarantee

Last edited by DorkVader; 10-14-2019 at 03:46 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycat View Post
I was watching the last seconds of the Redskins-Dolphins game on my laptop, when Wilson (a/k/a "Big Daddy") decided that would be a good time to stroll onto the keyboard and black out the screen. Fortunately the 'Skins only had to run out the clock, so I didn't miss anything exciting. But I warned him, don't do that when the 'Skins are in the Super Bowl.
that's something neither of you will have to worry about in the near future
Old 10-14-2019, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkVader View Post
Hummmmm, Maybe you should send them to me for a "while" Beck. Vader's Orphanage and Home For Wayward Cats is famous from corner to corner of my living room for the 99.999% success rate of our discipline and training program for spoiled kitties. It's totally free and comes with a 100% lifetime money back guarantee
Do you offer a gifted and talented program?
Bear is of exceptional intelligence. I'm not just saying that as his Momma. He really is

(he as food "allergies", if the food doesn't suit his Highness, bad things happen.
Fore-warned is fore armed.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:47 AM

I'm so glad we have the World's Best Behaved Kitteh. She's also the happiest kitty I've ever had. Never gets upset about anything. Never complains, unless she needs some attention. And is happy to spend hours each day sleeping at my feet. Good girl!
Old 10-14-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Do you offer a gifted and talented program?
Bear is of exceptional intelligence. I'm not just saying that as his Momma. He really is

(he as food "allergies", if the food doesn't suit his Highness, bad things happen.
Fore-warned is fore armed.
Yes, my school only accepts the most gifted and intelligent cats for training and yes my forearms do bear the scars of training. But a person who is passionate about their vocation, as I am, thinks nothing of the trading of a little blood. Good kitties are born, Gaurd Kitties are made
Old 10-14-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panache45 View Post
I'm so glad we have the World's Best Behaved Kitteh. She's also the happiest kitty I've ever had. Never gets upset about anything. Never complains, unless she needs some attention. And is happy to spend hours each day sleeping at my feet. Good girl!
Good, good, GOOD kitty!
Old 10-14-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Yes, my school only accepts the most gifted and intelligent cats for training and yes my forearms do bear the scars of training. But a person who is passionate about their vocation, as I am, thinks nothing of the trading of a little blood. Good kitties are born, Gaurd Kitties are made
I guess we better talk about the bottom line. I paid an absurd amount of $$$ for these precious bundles of hair, teeth, claws and flashy blue eyes (shhh! It's a secret).
Money is no object. Along as you don't 'object' to a mere pittance
======
This morning Bear is a bit subdued. I was pleasantly surprised he was not screaming at top decibels for his breakfast. He ate without protest. Didn't try to steal his Sisters food. Jumped down and went to look out the doors and have a bath. Now I'm worried
Old 10-14-2019, 02:06 PM

You should get yourself a fish.
Old 10-14-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
You should get yourself a fish.

The cat would eat it.

~VOW
Old 10-14-2019, 03:04 PM

Oh,oh,oh! I NEED a CATFISH.(sorry Gato, catfishies are tasty), Best of both worlds. Unless I can find "a little cat-dog"

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 10-14-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:13 PM

Ah, now were down to negotiating, ok but save the pitting until you hear my price...

So lets see, travel to and from mumble mumble ... food, carry the 3...mutter mumble...vet, doctor...stitches, carry the remainder divide by...mutter mumble...how much do blood stains cost to clean these days...!

$250,374.38 and your pet is returned to you guaranteed to be mostly untraumatized.

Oh, and for the catdog, I believe nickelodeon has those, that?

Last edited by DorkVader; 10-14-2019 at 11:14 PM.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:31 AM

^^indeed.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:48 AM

Pshaw. I'll fix his little wagon for a couple of corn dogs. ROFL! Mind, he may hide in the rafters to avoid subsequent lessons . . .

Seriously though, I taught my cat Livvie to sit up, beg, and roll over. She taught herself to hiss and run from the room any time she heard the name "Newt Gingrich." (She knew what Mommy didn't like. LOL!) I'd never had a cat before, so I trained her up just like a dog. Once I found the treats she really liked, the rest was easy.

Last edited by TruCelt; 10-15-2019 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:48 AM

"...but wait Beck, there's more. For a mere additional..."

And that is exactly the correct way to train a cat TruCelt, well for the reward side anyway.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:18 PM

Bear has a few tricks up his sleeve. He head bumps. Target touches or points. Sticks out his tongue on cue. Says 'No' amazingly well.
I think he might sit on command. Hard to tell.
He'll 'crate up' on command. But, as soon as you shut the door he turns into a demon in a box. Scary.
If I have his favorite liver treat he'll stand all the way up on his hind legs and take a step or 2.
Of, course all this only works when he wants it to. I don't make the rulez, folks.
Meeko head bumps. She's not bothered to do any more tricks. She's more concerned with her bathing routine if you try to get her learn one. The perfect snub; Lick your butt!
Bear has been on better behaviour since yesterday. I decided he was trying to tell me something.
Last week I walked outside barefoot(I know, stoopid me)and stepped on a sharp rock. Got a nice gash. I cleaned it up and kept it bandaged with antibiotic cream on it. It was fine, I thought. Woke up Monday morning and it was puffed and throbbing. Got a priorty appt. at the clinic. They did horrible things to me. I won't describe them, but believe it was bad, bad, bad! I didn't even want corndogs afterwards.
Bear was trying to warn me. He's such a good, good, good Cat.
(Hey! It could be true)

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 10-15-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:40 PM

I never volunteered.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
I never volunteered.
Compliance is required. Resistance is futile.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Bear has a few tricks up his sleeve. He head bumps. Target touches or points. Sticks out his tongue on cue. Says 'No' amazingly well.
I think he might sit on command. Hard to tell.
He'll 'crate up' on command. But, as soon as you shut the door he turns into a demon in a box. Scary.
If I have his favorite liver treat he'll stand all the way up on his hind legs and take a step or 2.
Of, course all this only works when he wants it to. I don't make the rulez, folks.
Meeko head bumps. She's not bothered to do any more tricks. She's more concerned with her bathing routine if you try to get her learn one. The perfect snub; Lick your butt!
Bear has been on better behaviour since yesterday. I decided he was trying to tell me something.
Last week I walked outside barefoot(I know, stoopid me)and stepped on a sharp rock. Got a nice gash. I cleaned it up and kept it bandaged with antibiotic cream on it. It was fine, I thought. Woke up Monday morning and it was puffed and throbbing. Got a priorty appt. at the clinic. They did horrible things to me. I won't describe them, but believe it was bad, bad, bad! I didn't even want corndogs afterwards.
Bear was trying to warn me. He's such a good, good, good Cat.
(Hey! It could be true)
2nd apointment with the foot care clinic. Good news. It's healing well and the edges are together. No debriding necessary. Thank god. Got a shot and a re-up on my pain meds. I didn't need them. I'm staying off it as much as I can. DIL and Son-of-a-wrek are helping me with the dogs. Mr.Wrekker is in and out. It's deer season so he's busy at the camp alot. They have the big season opening supper there this weekend. I usually try to make that party. Not sure if I can this year. They won't miss me.
Bear has been on best behaviour this week. It's sorta scary

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 10-17-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:57 PM

It's too hot for deer hunting.

I'm waiting for modern rifle in Nov and hope a cool front has arrived. I try to get two most years. One for older family and one for us.

Our Freezer is getting low. We always get most of the venison ground and add fat. Makes a wonderful tomato meat sauce and chili. The roasts are taken to a local barbecue place that slow Cooks & slices the meat.

Saves trips to the markets.

Last edited by aceplace57; 10-17-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:12 PM

Mr.Wrekker has filled my freezers with fish. Son-of-a-wrek informs me they have much deer meat at the camp. It takes a bunch for camp meat. I'll probably get one in the freezer here. During modern gun season. That's plenty. As far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:24 AM

Just finished getting caught up on this thread, now it is clear, Bear is a kind and benevolent loving master. Je was trying to warn and protect you, but, well, yanno
Old 10-18-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Just finished getting caught up on this thread, now it is clear, Bear is a kind and benevolent loving master. Je was trying to warn and protect you, but, well, yanno
Whatcha tryin' to say, Dork? That I'm lookimg for things, therefore my mind concocts convoluted scenarios that fit my imaginings?
Oh, hell no. That would mean I'm crazy.
========
Anyway, Bear has returned to being a jerk this morning. Breakfast was an ordeal at approximately 5:58am. And he was zooming around the house picking on everybody. I was sitting in my chair holding my aching head in my hands, lamenting my life of servitude. He came and sat on the arm of the chair. Blinking those flashy blue eyes, st me. I looked at him and he stuck out his tongue, with one meow he was off to go and torment Meeko again. He's so bad, bad, bad

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 10-18-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:37 PM

I got in from Texarkana a few minutes ago to a big mess of feathers in the living room strung out through the dining room. For a brief time I thought Bear and Meeko caught a bird in the house. But, no. I have/had a fall themed setting on my mantle. One item was a medium sized owl made of feathers and foilage stuff. Bear killed it. Meeko surely was in on it. Fun was had by the dogs, as well. Grace the Yorkie had feathers on her fur. What a mess!
I decided to punish all. 'Cept I felt sorry for the dogs. Grace came over and pee'd on my toe. Bear and Meeko just kept cleaning themselves. Coz' you know fake owl feathers are germy and go against their aesthetic. Must wash!
Good grief!
Old 10-18-2019, 06:52 PM

^^^While I was cleaning up the feathers and junk, Bear left his snack plate to watch. He stayed right by me watching every feather go in the trash sack. Every now and then he'd stretch a paw out, not nearly close enough to actually touch it. It was adorable. He took every step I took till I got out dust buster. They hate Moms noisy toys. I got done and just sat down to read the paper when I heard plaintive wails coming from the kitchen. Bear returned to his plate and no yummy liver treats were on there. Meeko did the switcharoo. She was sitting in the window smiling. The little thief.
I got him new treats out. Last I looked Meeko was giving him a bath.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 10-18-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:11 PM

Bear 2.0~
1. Murdered a beany baby. Huge mess. Dust buster or vac will not pick up. Took me 'hours' to pick up piece by piece. There's still beans but I was going cross-eyed.
2. Beat up Betsy the Beagle. She's not really hurt, but she's milking it.
3. A dryer top tantrum. I have nothing to dry.
4. Howling at the door for no discernible reason.
5. Food is not acceptable. If I manage to resist opening 6 different cans of food maybe he will eventually eat.
6. Chasing his Sister Meeko til she gets pissed off and whacks him. Then he's whining and milking it.
7. Again, trying to turn on the kitchen faucet. So glad I didn't get the touch to turn on faucet.
8. Bear's mad cause I shut the pantry door. He likes to get on top. I'm not sure how he manages to sit up there on the edge of the door. But he does. I would just leave it open but there's things in there that pets do not need access to.
9. I took the cat tree and moved it. Thinking they would like it better by a window. Nope.
10. Put a fire in the woodstove. They like the heat but the smell offends little velvet noses.
Gah!!!
Old 11-03-2019, 08:14 PM

I wasn't really trying to imply anything earlier, Beck. And I sympathize with your predicament of servitude to the cats. I'm sure I've told the story of my Miss Blueberry Muffin Fancy Pants before. I've had a slight(very slight, almost not at all) brush with your situation.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:19 PM

And, just think, I paid highly for the privilege of being their slave.
They keep me on my toes. Make my life exciting. And I do love them, even all their peccadillos. I love my dummy dogs but, face it they're boring.
I took no offense from your statements, at all.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:17 PM

I'm at the clinic. They flushed out my PICC line and put me in the infusion chair and are putting meds in me. I felt bad since Friday. It's my kidneys again. Doctor came in and sat a few minutes, which is weird. He tells me I'm gonna have to have a complete kidney work up. It will require a stay in the hospital. I kinda knew this was coming. I am an optimist so I was hoping I had dodged this bullet. Apparently not.
But, see. Bear the bad-boy, Cat-daddy of cats knew it. He was warning me of dire forthcomings. I need to learn to listen to him.
Oh shit, I have to arrange some kinda pet care for my hospital stay. This ain't gonna be easy. Cross your fingers for me.
I'm anxious to get home. So probably no corndogs today. I haz a sad face
Old 11-04-2019, 02:59 PM

Sorry to hear it Becks. I will be holding you in the light.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

Beck, maybe your husband should come home and take care of things. You shouldn't have to manage everything on your own.

Do what they say and get better.

StG
Old 11-04-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StGermain View Post
Beck, maybe your husband should come home and take care of things. You shouldn't have to manage everything on your own.

Do what they say and get better.

StG
He's close. He's at the deer camp not far away. He knows the situation. He'll manage the house stuff. DIL will help with the pets. I should only have to stay 1 night in the hospital. I go Thurs. for another IV antibiotics. And we'll finalize the hospital stay plans. I think early next week is when it's going down. I'm more fearful of test results, not the hospital. Been in many times.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:27 PM

Oh, and like magic Bear is being the sweetist little boy ever since I got home. I sat on the edge of my bed and he came and got behind me and leaned purring, loudly. He gave me a little kitty massage. How could you not love such a sweet cat?
I'm still mad about the beany baby guts all down the hall, tho'.
Nope not forgetting it, Bear.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

I lost both my elderly Siamese last year. This is the first time in almost 50 years that I've been without a Siamese.

StG
Old 11-04-2019, 06:01 PM

I've always wanted Siamese. My Mother used to tell us the exciting adventures of her childhood pet Siamese. He was a character. I thought as an adult she was embellishing the stories. I do not think that anymore. Bear and Meeko have a streak in them that can't be explained. They seem to know just what button to push to drive me batty. And just how much to pull back to make me love them unconditionally.
I've fostered and owned many cats, but these 2 are more than cats. I'd swear they are nearly human but they wouldn't lower themselves to be a pitiful human being.
They're extra....something...IDK what.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-04-2019 at 06:02 PM.