Old 11-04-2019, 06:41 AM

Oh Where Did All These Leaves Come From in the MMP!

Happy Moonday!

It's a chilly 30 degrees and dark outside, supposed to be N.O.S. with a high of 59 today.

Not such a bad day for raking leaves, I suppose.

They are everywhere, and I hate raking them. Well, I don't actually rake them, more like suck them up in the leaf blower, which both sucks and blows. (Get your mind out of the gutter Spidey, there's no room in there anyway, because it is filled with.... LEAVES!)

How can something that is soooooo pretty on the trees be so ugly on the ground?
Trying to clean up behind the pups in the leaves.... I go from brown spot to brown spot.... nope, that's a leaf, and that's a leaf, and another leaf.
At least when it's cold outside I can look for the steaming pile of leaves.

Most likely no park today. Echo is sick, I think she is having a bout of shar pei fever. I gave her a quarter of an aspirin, and we'll see how she feels. I'm not sure if she should have a quarter or a half, I'll send an email to her breeder and see. In the meantime, I'll keep an eye on her and if she seems to be getting worse I'll take her to the vet. Who will tell me I shouldn't give her aspirin, because most vets know next to nothing about shar pei fever.
I'm just sorry I didn't notice sooner, she was acting a little weird last night.

And yes, Butters
, Buddy is normal, and he will grow out of it, and they do seem to like to test our patience. You have a toddler on your hands, but he will grow up and out of it.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:00 AM
Charter Member

First! It's good to be juvenile!

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 50 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 72 and cloudy for the day. Today is spiff da cave day. Rah. Sup shall be sketties 'n meatballs, sallit, and cheesey garlic bread. Easy to do and if'n I do say so myself, I make a goooooooooooood sketties 'n meatballs. No plans to go anywhere today, which is fine by me.

Sari hope Echo is feelin' better today, poor baby!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day!

Happy Moanday Y'all!

Last edited by swampbear; 11-04-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:29 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

sari - it's bad enough that there are tons of leaves on the ground, but around here, at least, there are still too many that have yet to drop. So even tho I did the front yard yesterday, I expect it'll be covered by next weekend. Same deal for the back, which will get done today. Thank goodness for the mulcher/vac.

We bought it years ago and I choked that it cost $1100, but it's been more than worth it. Our first year here, I raked by hand - I would rake a pile on to a tarp, then drag it to the woods, then start again - WHEW! The next year, we rented a walk-behind sucker thing - that was almost as much work. Then we found our life-saver! The main thing to remember is not to let it get over-full - it can be a real booger to empty if you're not careful.

So, yeah, that's my plan for the day. Daughter is off, so she'll have quality time with Roxy, SIL will be working in the shop with FCD.

PS: even tho I was short on nutmeg, the pie was very good!

Happy Moanday!!
Old 11-04-2019, 08:31 AM

Morning all. Well, youth soccer is not over, turns out my 10U boys team qualified for the Area tournament, so we'll be playing at least one more week, maybe two. Coached six games both Saturday and Sunday and can just about walk across my house this morning. Also got about 6 hours sleep, so nappage is a certainty.

Probably have 1-2 practices this week; also need to replace my wall clock which fell off and broke when I tried to hang it back up after changing the time (shouldn't have tried it as tired as I was, but just couldn't stand to look at it with the wrong time showing).

46F heading for 61F and another pretty day. Need to mow the lawn, hopefully for the last time this year, but I think I'll wait a day or two for the aches to go away.

Sari, I don't get many leaves, since I had my trees cut down 15 years ago. The few I get from the neighbors get mowed and bagged. And my best to Echo, even if he is a brat.

Hve a good week, y'all.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:38 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. t's 35 degrees(Amurikin) outside.

Hope Echo feels better soon, sari. And the ground crew takes care of the leaves at the apartment.

[]Butters[/b], Gordie grew out of his loony hyper puppy stage. At age 12.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:53 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I need to change the clock hanging over the TV - it kept messing with my brain yesterday.

I canceled our credit card over the weekend - I thought it had been compromised because a charge in Euros triggered the fraud dept. Nope - FCD was ordering something, then he got pissed at me because I killed the card before talking to him. Because, of course, if I get a charge in foreign currency, I should assume he's buying something...

Hope we get the new card this week - we use the credit card for everything!! I've already had to switch 2 automatic bills to my debit card, plus I had to use the same debit card for PayPal to buy the 3D computer model FCD needed. Always something...
Old 11-04-2019, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

We HAD leaves on the trees, but the windstorm last week put paid to THAT. If the leaves didn't blow off the trees, the trees blew over!

The local trees that still have leaves are oak--they need a really hard freeze to drop their now brown leaves.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
Get your mind out of the gutter Spidey, there's no room in there anyway, because it is filled with.... LEAVES!
Actually, when it comes to leaves, my mind is in the gutter. One 3' section of gutter guard came down & I dont have a 24' ladder to replace it & with the pitch of the roof, I'm not going up there & leaning forward. Luckily, I can at least stand on the deck railing & clean out the clog at the top of the downspout. I also need to get on the (not-as-steep) front porch roof & clean that out, as well. I also need to scrub the front porch roof; because it never gets any direct sunlight it gets black. Unfortunately, it might not get done this year as outdoor work is weekends only now, & this weekend I'm in a class.

New orifice today (we moved; same building, different floor). I HATE it! Smaller desks, much less desk storage, no ice maker/machine (yet?) & it's that @#$&% "open office" concept. Everyone can see & hear what you & others are doing. Won't be good when multiple people are on calls.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:26 AM

Woke up to cat's singing the 'feed me, NOW' song. House was cool. I had a fire in the woodstove last night and turned the thermostat down (or up). The woodstove is cute and atmospheric but not a very efficient. My wood is quite damp so I'm having trouble. The cat's are like velcro attached to me if I stop for 2 seconds they come and plant their butts on me. I ate cereal with 2 cat's jockey-ing for position. I feel so speshul being a cat warming blanket!
My doggies didn't wanna walk far. We did our necessaries and came right back in.
My new washer comes today.
I'm slightly puny and cranky-beck this morning. I sent a email to the diabetes clinic w/o questions. I hope they don't need me come in.
Good Monday morning all!
Old 11-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Charter Member

We saw the new Terminator movie yesterday. Unfortunately, the Japanese restaurant was closed.

More unfortunately, my a/r contact who works for one of our members that happens to be up here where we live, was in a community theatre production of Roald Dah's The Witches. We meant to go last week, but put it off until yesterday... and then forgot.
Old 11-04-2019, 11:13 AM

My inner workings are confused.

OK, so three weeks ago I move from Spain to the UK. Same longitude, but one hour behind, but people eat two hours earlier, so I'm actually eating one hour earlier despite being one hour behind. The gnomes managing my stomach are convinced that time is absolute and Eating Time is absolutely absolute, they're grumpy.

And then the clocks got changed, and the gnomes haven't recovered from the post-change change, which btw places lunchtime at exactly where it was when I was in Spain so could the rest of me kindly make up its mind? Are we eating or not? Very grumpy, my OCD-about-lunchtime inner gnomes...
Old 11-04-2019, 01:08 PM

I eat lunch anywhere from 1130-3PM. Usually if I don't eat til 3 then I won't eat supper.

Howdy and happy new week. Still hot here. There is no scheduled relief in sight. A nice cold front would be most welcome.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:47 PM

Trees here happily tossing leaves like confetti. Still can't figure out why this year, most have some green leaves that never turned.

When I had a house, I used to mow to pick up leaves/make mulch.

Lupus flare silver lining: forces me to be concise. [World cheers.]
Old 11-04-2019, 01:49 PM

Greetings from Mayberry. We are at our Central Oregon 'retreat' for more projects.
The neighbor's maple tree has filled our front yard with leaves. The problem is, we don't know what to do with them after we rake them. I suppose we should talk to the garbage people and see if they take them.
it's 49f here, but feels colder for some reason.

We have a TV here now, but all we had was Netflix, which came on the TV. There were some other apps built into the TV, but nothing we wanted. Well, I dug my old Roku out of the closet and brought it over this time to see what it would get us. Not that much. We were hoping for Amazon Prime, but . I guess the newer Rokus have it, or so Wifey tells me. Our choices for TV apparently are Dish Network or Direct TV, but Wifey does not want a satellite solution. We have Dish in Newberg and let's just say they aren't the best.

Like Butters, I eat lunch whenever I get to it, but if I eat lunch late, that just means I eat dinner later, 'cause my stomach demands service.

Happy Moanday.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:52 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
The cat's are like velcro attached to me if I stop for 2 seconds they come and plant their butts on me.
That's Taz with me, and add 2 pugs as a bonus! I can't knit or crochet without including critter hair in my work. Hope none of the recipients are allergic...

Got my car back, but just with the oil changed. Our car guys don't do body work, and because the bumper cover was involved, they didn't want to mess with the wheel well liner. Once I got it home, FCD looked at it and said he thought he could fix it, which is fine. I stopped at a body shop on the way home, and they want $200 to replace the liner and try to glue the bumper cover in place. I don't want to pay to replace the whole cover - the car's almost 8 years old! But in the interim, I'm going to replace the thin cord holding the liner in place with a heavier one.

The leaves in the back have been cleared. FCD bought a Stihl blower and I used it to clear the decks and the backyard driveway. Then I drove the mulcher/vac around and cleaned up the lawn area. I'm about to re-assume the knit position - I'm making slippers for the RoxStar.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:55 PM

We got the rest of our things delivered last week and I spent the next several days recovering. Now my house is all boxes again. I would really like this unpacked by Christmas. The cats are very happy though. They've got tons of places to lurk, and sit, and swipe at rude, obnoxious, horrid intruder Akiko.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:34 PM

I was wrong. I was searching on Amazon Prime'. Wifey suggested that I search on just 'Prime', and there it was! So now we can continue watching Silent Witness, and other things.

Carry on.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:52 PM

I haven't done much today.
I should be doing things, but I'm not.

Baby Echo is starting to feel better. Still kind of droopy looking. I hate doing much because she wants to follow me everywhere and she needs to get some rest.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:16 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post

How can something that is soooooo pretty on the trees be so ugly on the ground?
I like them better on the ground; all that much easier to pick squirrels off running through the trees. Which is to say the squirrels run through the trees. I haven't run through the trees in a lot of years.

Stayed a work a little extra to deal with a trailer that was 16 hours late. About 30 of us got all 4k off, broke it into routes, and moved it over for the drivers to get to home today thus keeping the 24 hour pledge. I am seriously tired but in a really cool way.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:38 PM

Went over to Wally's Mart for a new clock and ended up with a new pair of slippers (haven't found a pair I really like in years, but I'll keep trying) and a couple of new keyboards (the second is when I break this one). My previous keyboard had developed a sticky aaaaaaaa key and given the cost, it's cheaper to replace than fix. Old board will go to Best Buy for recycle next time I'm headed that way.

Oh, and my 12U Boys, who I thought were knocked out of the next round of tournaments, got in due to a cancellation, so I have two teams to coach next weekend--but only six games, not twelve.

Too late for a nap, probably get myself off to bed early tonight. Need to do laundry but had the house set to cold and want it to warm up some.

ruble, I've noticed that. Even if the job is one you don't normally care for, if you do something outstanding (by yourself or with others), you feel good about it.

FCM, $200 for a body shop to do anything is a good deal in my book--expensive places they are.

Bumba, glad the TV worked out.

Nava, for some reason time zone changes don't seem to bother me much, at least where eating is concerned. Hope your gnomes settle down soon.

spidey, but just think, the 'open' concept let's everybody see what a diligent and effectiver worker you are....hmmm, better think that out again...
Old 11-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Da cave is now all spiffed and sanitized. No horrible diseases will be gotten by visitors. I have been chillin' for a couple of hours and will start sup anon. Have I mentioned lately how much I like bein' retired?
Old 11-04-2019, 03:56 PM

Lunch is at 11:30 in my world. The lawn guys were here this morning so any ground leaves are gone. Per doctor’s orders, I am tostay home from work the rest of the week. I have a personal nebulizer to be used every 4-6 hours. I have discovered that Albuterol gives me the shakes. On the way home from the doctor I stopped for a Culver’s butter burger and root beer float. Num.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:26 PM

Did have to go to the clinic got iv meds and not good news. And worst of all, no corndogs!

Oh, sorry. Not good news = kidneys are whack!

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-04-2019 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:38 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
FCM, $200 for a body shop to do anything is a good deal in my book--expensive places they are.
Yeah, I didn't think it was too terrible. Their first question was if it was an insurance job. Considering we have a $1K deductible, um, no. I do wonder if the charge would have been higher if it was an insurance claim.

Just finished knitting a pair of slippers for Roxy. At the rate her feet are growing, she'll outgrow them next week!

Supper will be grab whatever. I'll probably grab an apple, since I had a big sammich for lunch.

And my weekend is winding down - back to the grind tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

We have supped and all is well.

{{{Beck}}} sorry about the kidneys and the corndawgs.

WetOne do what the doc says and get better. I have spoken. So Mote It Be.

Durin' part of my irklife (have I mentioned how much I like retirement lately?) I was at irk at six a.m., so N.O.L. was ten a.m. I did not like that at all.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:21 PM
born to be shunned

{{{Beck}}} - also sorry about the kidneys. I've had assorted issues over the years and its never fun at all.

Not so much so about the corndogs. For all the time we spend at amusement parks and fairs I never could develop the taste for them or funnel cakes. Nothing against those who do like them and I would be happy to treat you to one. I'll just skip it and head for the porkchop-on-a-stick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI06Co_JfGI
or bacon-on-a-stick. I caught this Canadian who snuck over the border just to experience what real bacony goodness is.
https://themeparkreview.com/forum/fi...img_6903_4.jpg

If you listen carefully the Sunday of opening weekend, you can hear my arteries hardening from several states away.

Last edited by kopek; 11-04-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 06:53 PM

Oh no Beck. Careful hugs.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:02 PM

Thanks y'all. I'm feeling a bit more perky this evening.
Nazi DIL has went, OMG, serious mom-mode on me. Oldest Grandwrek was talking to me as DIL was doing stuff in the kitchen. She said: "Don't worry, Mom will get tired of buggin' you in a little while"
Gotta love the mouth on that kid!

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-04-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:13 PM

sari, I get the is it a leaf or is it poo thing. With a small dog when it isn't broad daylight (like the leafy time of the year), it's hard to tell. Glad Echo is feeling better.

alien, the oak trees here began to lose their leaves during the drought in September. It didn't get pretty at all this year in middle Tennessee.

spidey, count me in as another who dislikes the open office concept. My department's last two moves have been open office and even up in the front offices, they've gone that direction in order to cram more warm bodies into the available space. It might not be as bad if one of my cow-orkers didn't try to talk over everyone else's headphones. I finally told her that if mine are on (almost all of the time that I'm at my desk), IM me.

Irked, came home and will play in the studio this evening. Because I had the audacity to take off T-F turkey week, I've been told that there will be staying late involved several times during the month. The old bat is already pitching a hissy (forgetting that she made a regular habit of taking at least two days off at EoM with no prior announcement for most of this year). Oh, well. C'est le damn guerre!
Old 11-04-2019, 09:08 PM

Beckers, all the best on the kidney front. As for corndogs, not a fan but whatever breaded food you like, have at it.

wetone, get well soon. And butter burgers ain't bad--but the nearest Culver's down here is 100 miles away in Birmingham, and I don't like them quite that much...

I'm down to about two meals a day, one between 8am-noon and the other between 5-8pm. Perhaps that's why time changes don't bother me...

Laundry and nappage accomplished, mostly at the same time. Still tired from the weekend's exertions, so probably will head to bed at an early hour.

All y'all take care now.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:

I'm down to about two meals a day, one between 8am-noon and the other between 5-8pm. Perhaps that's why time changes don't bother me...

All y'all take care now.
That will likely be about when I eat once retired. I tend to do it on weekends and vacation now, so without having a specific lunch break, two meals is enough.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Did have to go to the clinic got iv meds and not good news. And worst of all, no corndogs!

What's treatment plan for kidneys?

No corndogs today or forever???
Old 11-04-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
What's treatment plan for kidneys?

No corndogs today or forever???
I'm going in the hospital for a complete kidney work-up. Of course, all diabetics fear kidney disease and loss. Early next week is the time frame. He wants to get me somewhere with some understanding of what's happening before the holidays.
No Corndogs just today. Not felt like too much food. I'm eating but not really happy about it.
Protein-crap shakes are diabolical. Hate them.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-04-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Been there, doing that. Any dialysis centers nearby, as much as ANYTHING is nearby?
Old 11-04-2019, 11:33 PM

Yes. There are centers close-ish to me. 24 mi one way. 31mi the other way. And my diabetic clinic is associated with one in Texarkana.1 hour away.
Oh, god, I don't wanna think about this yet.
My 'best used by date' was probably up in my late 30s. At that time I just wanted my kids grown and established. I'm nearly there. Lil'wrekker is 21 now and making huge plans.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Yes. There are centers close-ish to me. 24 mi one way. 31mi the other way. And my diabetic clinic is associated with one in Texarkana.1 hour away.
My 'best used by date' was probably up in my late 30s. At that time I just wanted my kids grown and established. I'm nearly there. Lil'wrekker is 21 now and making huge plans.
You just check that date again, missy. Too many people need you around. I'm going through some tough shit, and your antics help. Yes, it's all about ME.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:17 AM

You two are hereby ordered to Get Well. Let me know if it works, willya?

Completely unrelated:
one of my coworkers looks like Gru, especially with that thick vest on
using a Spanish keyboard half the time (at home) and a US keyboard the other half (at work) gets really confusing.

Last edited by Nava; 11-05-2019 at 05:18 AM.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:42 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 60 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 77 and cloudy for the day with maybe even rain. Or not. TWPTB are all willy-nilly about that. I shall open up da cave windows durin' the day so yay for that. Today is laundry day. Rah. Also, I need to make a trip over to the church house at some point to reset the timers on the outside lights. Meant to do that Sunday but didn't and then thought about it again last night. We have groups such as AA, AlAnon, Overeaters Anonymous, as well as various church related stuff durin' the week so need to make sure both buildin's get lit up in the dark. Mayhaps I shall accomplish a couple errands whilst out and about just cause I shall be out and about.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, bother, alas, and alack, I must purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public attire.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!
Old 11-05-2019, 06:48 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I made it to the office, so there's that. Today is election day in VA and MD, tho not in my county. I'm so glad - the political ads came fast and thick on TV since last week and I got sick of them in short order. It appears someone believes labeling someone as a "Trump Republican" and using unflattering B&W photos will = BAD GUY!! It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Meanwhile, my inbox was overflowing. Some were instantly easy - I deleted everything with "Approval" in the subject line, since they were info only. But I've got a lot of correction taskers, so it should be a productive day. I hope.

Happy Tuesday!
Old 11-05-2019, 06:49 AM

Morning everyone. Blurf.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:49 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated and sheveled. Wrist tll feels like hell.

Quote:
Nope, you still got a few decades before your "besy by" date.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:58 AM

Tuesday is gonna be good. I insist!
Tidings all.
Slept well, which is always a surprise.
Dogs have been walked.
Cats are being VERY good. Scares me.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:05 AM

Blurf At irk. Stopped by the Mother Base and grabbed a couple irk shirts for myself and some stickers we sell. That has been my excitement for the day.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nava View Post
You two are hereby ordered to Get Well. Let me know if it works, willya?

Completely unrelated:
one of my coworkers looks like Gru, especially with that thick vest on
using a Spanish keyboard half the time (at home) and a US keyboard the other half (at work) gets really confusing.
One of the women in dialysis bears a striking resemblance to Gru.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:10 AM

Morning all. Got 8 hours sleep so hopefully will be back to whatever passes for normal. Need to clean out and re-arrange the car, Sunday I just chucked all the soccer stuff in the back and haven't sorted it out yet. That's my major 'to-do' today.

Beckers, I ain't used up yet. I hope to emulate (and so should you) the later Hunter Thompson, who said:
Quote:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow!
No elections down here, Moooommm, except for a couple state districts that don't concern me. Plus the Democratic party is in such a mess here there's no excitement about politics.

Nava, had to look up Spanish Keyboard, and from here they look the same; does yours have keys for the 'accented' letters or odes it interpret the keys differently?

Should get to the mid-60F today (52F now). Outside of paying utility bills, nothing to get out of the house for. Only soccer practice is tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Nava, had to look up Spanish Keyboard, and from here they look the same; does yours have keys for the 'accented' letters or odes it interpret the keys differently?
The main part is the same, they're both qwerty, but most symbols-which-are-not-letters are in a different spot (for example, the bottom-right key is - instead of /). There are two versions, both of which include some symbols that are not directly present in an American keyboard such as , , . There are a few symbols which are present in one of the two Spanish versions but not in the other, and a few which change location between them. One of the movers is the @ .

Last edited by Nava; 11-05-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:15 AM

Happy Toosday!

It's a not so bad 52 degrees outside, partly cloudy.

I took Ripple to the park this morning, left Echo home. She appears to be better, but an extra day or two of rest will be good for her.
She finally perked up to her normal bratty self around 11:30, when I was heading for bed.

All if you who make stuffed peppers, do you cook the meat first. I have always mixed up the ingredients raw (I usually used minute rice, but if I used regular rice,I did cook that first), stuffed the peppers, and put them in the oven. Lately I've been watching videos where the people parboil the peppers, and brown the ground beef before mixing in the other stuff and stuffing the peppers.
Seems like a lot of extra work, and dishes to wash, to me.
I cut my peppers in half too, easier to scrape out the insides.

I wanted to do some irk outside today, but I'm not feeling it.
I woke up too early, so I'll probably take a nap instead.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 11-05-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:16 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

sari - I don't do stuffed peppers, but they're close enough to stuffed cabbage... I've never pre-cooked the meat, tho I always cook the rice and saute the onions. The only reason I can think of to brown the meat is to drain the fat out.

LUNCH TIME!!!!

It's been a busy morning, and it's going to be a busy afternoon. One of the other drafters is going on vacation... AGAIN... so I need to do some stuff that was assigned to her. Makes no difference to me, but honestly, I've never known anyone to take as much time off as she does! Yeah, but I'm a part-time employee - she's a full-timer!

Boss told me they got a reminder that my security clearance needs to be renewed, but they're not going to bother with it, which makes sense. I'll be gone in just over a month, plus in all the time I've been here, I've never had to work on anything that was classified. So I saved the company some money - go me!
Old 11-05-2019, 11:40 AM

Greetings (again) from beautiful downtown Maupin, Orygun, where it is a balmy 37 'Murican and sunny! The dogs have been out to do their bidness and are back in their beds. I, of course, have been awake for since five. I have that peculiar form of insomnia where I usually fall right to sleep and sleep for 4 hours or so, and then wake up and can't go back to sleep. Last night was a good night. I slept for 5+ hours! Yay!

Yesterday I completed and installed the gate for the back of the deck so that the doggos can't get into the back yard. There's still too many ways they can make their escapes from back there. Not sure what we'll do today. But it will be glorious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mouse
Plus the Democratic party is in such a mess here there's no excitement about politics.
Aren't they that way everywhere?

Sorry about your health problems Beck Hope they can get you sorted soon.

I've been having some digestive issues lately. I suspect it may be diverticulitis again. At least I kinda hope so, cause that can be resolved easily. If I'm not better by the time I get home I'll have to call my doctor.

C'est le vie.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:48 AM

Forgot to ask: Mom, when you make haluski you make it with noodles, yes?
I've read that it was originally made with dumplings and wondered if anybody did that anymore.