Old 11-05-2019, 12:14 PM

Sari when I make stuffed peppers I don't brown the meat first. I make sure to use a lean meat and I poke a hole in the bottom of the pepper so any grease can run out. I don't make them often cause hubs says he is allergic but I think he just doesn't like bell pepper.

5 guys for lunch.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:19 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I've never made haluski - in fact, up till about 10 years ago, I'd never heard of it, and I don't recall anything about it when I did have it. Sorry.
Old 11-05-2019, 12:41 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
5 guys for lunch.

And you, a married woman!!!! I am shocked!!!

Old 11-05-2019, 12:43 PM

Ok, now I'm hungry. Noappetites-ville is not a fun place. At. All.
I'm off to dig in my freezer for something savoury to eat.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:13 PM

I forgot to mention this morning

I am with Ruble on the corn dogs and funnel cake.
While they aren't nearly as bad liver or bananas, I'd have to be pretty damn hungry to eat either of them.

I made some steak for dinner last night. The leftovers will be tonight's dinner. I have no idea what I am going to do with it.

Something outside has Ripple in a tizzy, guess I should go see what is going on.

I should be getting some leaves up, but my son is being lazy today and I need his help.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:16 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

I find hot dogs in any form to fall squarely in the MEH category. I'll eat 'em if I have to, but they're not my first, or second, or 10th choice. Funnel cake is OK, but I can think of lots of other things I'd rather have instead. And fried stuff on a stick really doesn't do much for me.

No idea where FCD is. I hope he told his employee not to come here today. Daughter and SIL have class tonight. I need to figure out supper for 3 of us. There are leftover veggies from the pot roast, but not a lot of meat. So we shall see.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:43 PM

Tuesday bronchitis update. I am less sick, but a long way to go. My sleep schedule got backasswards yesterday. Prednisone kept me awake til midnight, well, that and binge watching. Coughing woke me at 5. I did get in a long nap this aft. I rallied long enough to pick up books at the library but don’t have the mental or physical energy to read.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:06 PM
Charter Member

Hard to believe that one week ago, I was without electricity and life in general was upside-down for everyone in the area. My plan to consume the frozen contents of my oubliette, err, freezer, continues apace. About 80% of the ham and two chickens have been eaten. That ham was over a year and a half old, so it was well overdue.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:10 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! I took care of timers, did some errands, did laundry and even ahrned shirts. Go Me! Sup was Hamburger Helper (don't judge!) peas 'n carrots, and rolls. Chillage now ensues.

Glad all you sickies are feelin' better today. Continue to do so. I have spoken. So mote it be!
Old 11-05-2019, 06:17 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

FCD showed up shortly after I posted. He and Roxy ate assorted leftovers. I had crackers and an apple. Now I'm counting the minutes till I can put Roxy in jammies and shove her in bed!

Yep, Grandmother of the Year here!
Old 11-05-2019, 06:45 PM

I thought yuo talked about haluski before Mom. Maybe it was somebody else, or maybe you were talking about some other ethnic dish. No matter.

I likes hot dogs, if they have chili on 'em. Otherwise, not so much. Although I loves me some sausages. Tonight we're having Aidell's bacon, mushroom and Swiss cheese sausages . And a salad.

Funnel cakes are okay, but I prefer elephant ears, and make a point to have one, with cinnamon and sugar, once a year.

I used to eat Foster Farms chicken corn dogs back when I first found out I had teh gout and was sworn off red meat. As I recall, I liked 'em okay. Have you ever eaten those Beck? Whatdja think?
Old 11-05-2019, 06:57 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Oh, god, I don't wanna think about this yet.
Three of my heart meds are known to cause kidney and liver issues and I have a family history ot liver and kidney issues. I can discount mothers side because drinking alcohol like fish drink water will do that to you. But even on Dad's side ----- so every little blip causes a certain what-if level. So far so good but ---- full work-ups on both twice a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post

And you, a married woman!!!! I am shocked!!!

Or she's turned cannibal?

We did several amazing things at work I can't talk about (because only one of you has any hope of understanding any of it, not because I'm afraid of the bots) but ------- 2 hours into our shift the station lead (building boss) and shift lead decided to reward us after hour three with a cook-out of sorts. They ran out and got hotdogs and buns and grilled it all up for us for lunch. Have I mentioned how nice it is to get back somewhere to where we're appreciated? You can say no biggie to a couple dogs but basically done on the fly with one hours notice and probably out of their own pockets for like 40 people? I thought it was awesome!
Old 11-05-2019, 07:11 PM

Don't think I've ever eaten chicken corndogs. Enough of the good* mustard and I'll eat 'em.
I'm weak as a kitten this eve. DIL brought food and 2 Grandwreks. We had a nice dinner of one of her 'I-forgot-what-its-called' casseroles. Pretty decent. Kids were cute and talkified. The Siamese showed out for the kiddoes.
I'm hoping I have a little more strength tomorrow. Just in time to go back for more IV meds Thursday.

*plain yellow mustard
Old 11-05-2019, 07:26 PM

{{{sickos sickies}}}

sari, I do stuffed peppers pretty much like butters does.

bumba, my grandmother always used homemade egg noodles for haluski. I use sto' bought. I'll be making some during Thanksgiving week with Dad. Instead of turkey, since I'm the cook and he doesn't make this stuff for himself, I tend towards pierogi, stuffed cabbage, haluski and kolackys. I make enough to freeze in individual portions for him to eat during the winter.

Irk is over for the day. The old bat is still pitching a hissy about me taking off at month end. Surprise, surprise! I'm taking off December 2 as well to take a friend to the eye doctor. Sometimes I can be evil.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
One of the other drafters is going on vacation... AGAIN... so I need to do some stuff that was assigned to her. Makes no difference to me, but honestly, I've never known anyone to take as much time off as she does! Yeah, but I'm a part-time employee - she's a full-timer!
This vacation rant brought to you by the person who in 20-some days is going to be taking off...forever.

I lurves me some corndogs; prolly haven't had one in a year or two, though...& a good boss-bought meal, too. Nice job, Ruble.

Quote:
Don't think I've ever eaten chicken corndogs. Enough of the good* mustard and I'll eat 'em.

*plain yellow mustard
BecksI thought you was one of the good ones. I love some good mustard. Deli, honey, dijon, horseradish; I can eat them all. But when all there is is that tasteless yellow stuff I'll sooner go without.

I feel disgusted. I hate being an uninformed voter but today was the 'big' election. I didn't even know this was the year (the criminals haven't been littering the neighborhood as much; it's amazing how many lawn signs end up on owner-not-present properties. ) For the races I did know about, there's really nowhere to go to get information on the candidates. I consider their own website to be a fluffy marketing piece & not anything remotely related to factual.) We elect everyone here. Is there really a Republcrat or Democain way of deciding how someone died? That's right, all of our row officers were elected tonight, including but not limited to:
  • Clerk of Courts
  • Controller
  • Coroner
  • District Attorney
  • Prothonotary
  • Recorder of Deeds
  • Register of Wills
  • Register of Tony's
  • Sheriff
  • Treasurer
  • various judges
Old 11-05-2019, 09:19 PM

^^Spidey, I do think Sonics little mustard packets are spicier than the stuff in the store. So maybe I should branch out and test a few fancies. Any you recommend?
Old 11-05-2019, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
This vacation rant brought to you by the person who in 20-some days is going to be taking off...forever.

I lurves me some corndogs; prolly haven't had one in a year or two, though...& a good boss-bought meal, too. Nice job, Ruble.

BecksI thought you was one of the good ones. I love some good mustard. Deli, honey, dijon, horseradish; I can eat them all. But when all there is is that tasteless yellow stuff I'll sooner go without.

I feel disgusted. I hate being an uninformed voter but today was the 'big' election. I didn't even know this was the year (the criminals haven't been littering the neighborhood as much; it's amazing how many lawn signs end up on owner-not-present properties. ) For the races I did know about, there's really nowhere to go to get information on the candidates. I consider their own website to be a fluffy marketing piece & not anything remotely related to factual.) We elect everyone here. Is there really a Republcrat or Democain way of deciding how someone died? That's right, all of our row officers were elected tonight, including but not limited to:
  • Clerk of Courts
  • Controller
  • Coroner
  • District Attorney
  • Prothonotary
  • Recorder of Deeds
  • Register of Wills
  • Register of Tony's
  • Sheriff
  • Treasurer
  • various judges
I've seen campaign signs in Kentucky for the office of road supervisor. I don't know if they elect Jim Bobs though.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:26 PM

Evening all. Did get out some and let the little red-head girl take care of dinner, and then rearranged my car and moved some of the soccer stuff inside. Can't find my electric bill and can't remember if I dropped it at the dropoff box or not...will wait a few days nearer the due date and if it doesn't show as paid I'll pay on-line or go to the office and pay it.

Red, that is a nice touch by the bosses; the Branch Chief took us to breakfast a few times, but to do it on the spur of the moment like that was neat.

wet one, hang in there. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

gotti, glad to see you're not starving...

All y'all take care.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
I need to find these for DH! I'm not that fond of Swiss cheese, but he'd love these.

It was Dry Pool Dive Team day at irk, and hellaciously busy even at normal staff levels. Thankfully, I was in my least unfavorite queue, since the other two got beyond crazy.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:50 AM

Y'all, it's a small thing, but I'm crying because I'm happy.

My little hometown election results just came over the wire.

City council just flipped from four white men and one black man to two black women, one white hippy grandma, and two white men. (And the mayor is an African American man as of last year's election.)

Suddenly, representative government looks a lot more like us.

I literally never thought I'd see this. It's a rural-ish south Georgia town.

Today the hometown, next November the country?

I know this isn't a political forum. I'm just sharing my happiness!
Old 11-06-2019, 05:35 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 59 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 80 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Apparently we are havin' second Spring. Today I shall take care of some chores over to the church house and provision da cave. Sup shall be whatever I decide on whilst I am at the Pubic Sto'. Maybe shrimpies 'n grits if'n the shrimpies look good.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, bother, alas, alack, and woe, I must purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public attire. I did put on appropriate bein' about the public attire and go vote yestiddy. This will be the fourth day in a row I've put on grown up clothes and left da cave. This is wrong! I want to be the retired slob I so yearn to be!

Happy Hump Day Y'all!
Old 11-06-2019, 06:37 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Spidey - it's 16 work days left, TYVM! And that's including today. I change the count on my white board before I leave every day. Doing my best to prepare Baby Engineer. Like he doesn't already have plans for my desk. Because of the way the room is, I've got more space than he does, and I know he wants my area.

Chilly morning. Busy day ahead. ONWARD!!

Happy Wednesday!
Old 11-06-2019, 08:35 AM

I looked at local voting results & realized I didn't so much vote for anyone as I pretty much voted against people. Incumbents? Take 'em out back with a .22. The skoolbored consortium that stole my email address from somewhere & then didn't take me off? Take 'em out back with a horowitzer!

I did my part, which gives me the right to b!tą# about the gubmint.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:02 AM

Happy Hump Day!

It was a chilly 36 when I took the dogs to daycare.

Echo reached a milestone moment today, she jumped on the bed by herself.
She also jumped into the truck by herself. She started doing that a few weeks ago, but one day she tried when the running board was wet and she slipped, so it was back to picking her up and putting her in. I hope she continues to jump in by herself.
She loves daycare, as soon as I pull into the parking lot she starts jumping around with happy cries. Then she drags me in the door, crying the whole way.
No matter where we are going, she cries at every red light.
The pup needs to learn some patience.
Crying is not going to make the light change any quicker.

I have a lot to do today, thinking about taking the morning off irk. Since the dogs are gone we can get a lot of yard irk done, but the dump closes at 3:00, which means it needs to get done early. However, my son stayed up all night and went to bed early this morning, so he is going to be grumpy and not want to help. I need his help with the heavier stuff. I need the bigger branches cut up so they fit in the truck, and that needs to be done before we can vacuum and rake. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so better to get it all done today.
Well, it all won't get done, there are still a shit ton of leaves on the trees. But we can get a lot done, get the yard a bit presentable. I want to have friends over this weekend.
Today is going to be the last nice day for a while.

Looking ahead, next Toosday is going to be a rough day, high of 36, low of 21, and my app says rain. I think my app means ice.

I should have moved further south.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 11-06-2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:11 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Huzzah for lunch break!

I'm starting to think about what stuff I need to take when I go. I don't have a lot of personal items here, but I don't want to forget anything. Especially the cool mug from Egypt that MetalMouse gave me - it's my pencil and pen mug!

Maybe I'll be nice and leave some loose change in the drawer for Baby Engineer.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:20 AM

I irked two hours this morning, now I have my son up.
He is grumpy, but too bad for him. If he thinks we can get the branches to the dump without cutting them, then we'll take them whole. I'm just afraid they will fall out of the truck.

He doesn't want to go to the Mexican place for lunch, bummer.
I still have leftover steak, I'll slice it up, roll it in a tortilla with cheese and sour cream. Close enough I guess.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:02 PM

Mornng all. Slept in and then had a burst of energy and went to Staples to pick up a few things. Still need to do a few things and a load of laundry, but need to be ready for soccer practice with the kids tonight. 68F now and going to 70F. But rain tomorrow will cool us down some.

spidey, you left out some details--did the people you voted against lose?

peaches, voting matters. Haven't missed a vote here in 15 years.

Just realized it's 11am and I haven't eaten. Probably a good idea. Bye for now.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:18 PM

Slept poorly. But I'm not as tired and weak as I was yesterday.
I'm determined to feel better.
Diabetic nurse told me I'll see a nephrologist at the clinic, as well as my other junk. He'll tell me what all they will test at the hospital next week. I ask her couldn't it be done in one long day of testing, no overnight. She laughed and said "No"
Happy day, y'all

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-06-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Maybe I'll be nice and leave some loose change in the drawer for Baby Engineer.
Leave a quarter taped to a piece of paper with this text - "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29ebiwO4O70"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
spidey, you left out some details--did the people you voted against lose?
Some did, some didn't. In general, I don't believe one should be a career politician; however, there are benefits at the state & federal level; those with seniority tend to bring home more pork for the local area. I think pork is a waste but if it's going to exist, I should get my (area's) fair share, right. At the local level it doesn't matter because there's not the seniority/pork issue. That doesn't mean I always vote anti-incumbent, but it is sometimes a factor I consider, especially for the more mundane row offices. Is there a R or D way to Record a Deed???

The whole backside of the ballot was judicial retentions (we've gone back to paper/Scantron ballots for anti-hacking/security reasons. It's amazing that we're going back to low-tech.) Existing judges get a Yes/No retention election; every single one of them won. The ballot doesn't even show political party (which BTW, I'm in favor of; I think the straight party box should be removed & make you actually vote for the individuals, not just because they're D,R,G, I or some other party) just, "Should ___ be retained as a judge in ___ court?" Short of scandal making the news, it's tough to find out if a judge is good, efficient, or fair, if they tend to be a Hang 'em Harry or a Lenient Larry.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:42 PM

If we had any kind of elections here yesterday, I didn't know about them.

I'm with you Spidey, out with the old and in with the new.

Two loads of brush and branches to the dump, and that can be crossed off the list. Changed the clock in the truck too, which was actually pretty easy. Got lunch from Wendy's, which is not low carb, and cost over $20. For that we could have gone to the Mexican restaurant and had real food, and a margarita.

Now we need to go out and suck leaves, put the clothesline away for the winter, put a few things in the shed, and the rest of the yard stuff in the basement.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:46 PM

Did y'all see Janis's thread? Those who know her might want to say a few words.

I hope all the sickies are feeling better.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Did y'all see Janis's thread? Those who know her might want to say a few words.

I hope all the sickies are feeling better.
Sunny, go see if you find anything interesting in the Rants-giving thread. Last few posts.

(Posts 59 and 66)

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-06-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:53 PM
born to be shunned

Today was nacho day at work. I think I impressed several of my Latino coworkers by bringing my own peppers and sharing; habanero both orange and red. Leave those jalapeno for the yankees.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:19 PM

Anybody in here know anything about wires, the outside power line kind?
I guess I should call the electric company. There is a twist of wires from the pople to the back of the house, two of the wires are black, one is twisted metal with some kind of doohickie. Right around the doohickie the wire is broken and the part with the doohickie is hanging down, the other end is still twisted in with the two black wires.

I don't need this shit today. Well, I don't need it any day.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:27 PM

Doing better today after caving and taking prednisone, which I hate for the ungodly side effects. But swelling in hands is down, and less pain. Trying to figure out why I feel so discouraged now. It's not like me. A fighting optimism has gotten me through all those eye surgeries, cancer, the lupus flares, etc.. Now it's like it's evaporated. It's not the prednisone, as that tends to make me irritated, not discouraged. Maybe I just need more sleep.

Beck, love your determination. What are you supposed to do for yourself between now and all the testing? Rest? Shoot things?
Old 11-06-2019, 03:43 PM

Electric company is coming out to check the wire, but they don't need to talk to me. I asked if they can also look at the wires that are going through the trees. They may or may not trim the trees back. Depends on who is responsible, them or the home owner. I hope they do the trimming.

I'm waiting for the washer to finish so I can go get a shower, I am horrible dirty. I'm washing the bag for the leaf blower, even though I finally convinced my son to use the ones that can be composted. I cleaned off the leaf blower because it was in the basement when the sewage backed up, and my son, being my son, didn't want to touch it. I think the leaf blower is now cleaner than it was new out of the box.
I still need to feed the outside cat, and take all of the dog dishes out of the dishwasher and fill them before the brats get home.
I need to move the outside cat's bowl too. I put it over top the bilco doors and Echo can almost reach it. I caught her last night, the outside of my house is brick, she had her front paws on top the doors and was putting her back paw between the bricks to climb up to the food. Couldn't quite make it, but once she is a little taller, she will have no trouble getting up there.
I am thinking about putting the food out front.
Echo is very food driven, Ripple is more interested in chasing the cat.
Old 11-06-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
Doing better today after caving and taking prednisone, which I hate for the ungodly side effects. But swelling in hands is down, and less pain. Trying to figure out why I feel so discouraged now. It's not like me. A fighting optimism has gotten me through all those eye surgeries, cancer, the lupus flares, etc.. Now it's like it's evaporated. It's not the prednisone, as that tends to make me irritated, not discouraged. Maybe I just need more sleep.

Beck, love your determination. What are you supposed to do for yourself between now and all the testing? Rest? Shoot things?
Oh, Nellie. Don't worry about me. I'm sending good vibes to you. Feel better!!
Old 11-06-2019, 04:52 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Stopped for groceries on the way home - RoxStar charmed the pants off several shoppers. She was very chatty, and excited that we bought bananas. I've never known a kid who loves 'nanas so much!!

Supper will be pasta bake and salad. I think I bought ziti, or maybe penne - they all look the same to me! I also got a big sack o' mozzarella for the pasta, and some fresh 'shrooms for the salad. YUM!!!!
Old 11-06-2019, 07:22 PM

Yay peaches! Representative democracy rocks!

spidey, where I live, local candidates (county, city/town) run as independents. If you follow local politics, you know which way they lean, but it pushes party politics back a little.

Speaking of elections, I was tickled with the results in Virginia and Kentucky. I hope that it's a harbinger of things to come in 2020.

Tonight, I'll put together the kid bag for the heathen children and set up stuff for the next project.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:25 PM

Glad I took a shower earlier than planned, the electric company came out and shut off the power. Had I taken it when planned, I would have been in the dark.

Then when the power came back on, the internet was out. Don't know if it was related to the power going out or not, because when I tried to call the internet company I kept getting a fast busy signal.

But now everything appears to be working as it should.
Dogs are home, I'm logged in to irk

Found out the wires going through the trees are cable and telephone, so the worst that will happen if we break one is that the phone or internet company will have to come out to fix them. Nobody will get electrocuted.

No dinner for me tonight, too big of a lunch.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:38 PM

No elections in my neck of the woods. Feeling slightly better today. I slept through the night, not waking up breathless or coughing. Still tired though, and a sinus infection is setting in. I see my PCP Friday so will end up on abx. Ursala Kitteh and I took a 2 hour nap. She doesn’t ever sit with me on the couch, but today she cuddled next to my chest. I want a cigarette, damn it! Four days smoke free and I will not cave.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:40 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
Electric company is coming out to check the wire, but they don't need to talk to me. I asked if they can also look at the wires that are going through the trees. They may or may not trim the trees back. Depends on who is responsible, them or the home owner. I hope they do the trimming.
I think the twisty one, if it is like ours, is a sort of support and insulated to keep it from transmitting juice into the structure. If I am thinking of what you are describing correctly. But best bet is let the pros figure it out.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:22 PM

wet one, be prepared to be evil for a while longer. I think being hospitalized and too sick to go outside for a while actually helped me. Well, not the cravings, but simply the physicality of the whole thing.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:36 PM

wetone 4 days is huge. Don’t discount each day or even hour or minute. It’s hard.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Oh, Nellie. Don't worry about me. I'm sending good vibes to you. Feel better!!
Sorry, can't stop the worrying: it's in my Italian Catholic genes. I really just need a good, swift kick in the pants to get over my discouragement. A friend of mine died last Friday--not unexpected, but we all thought he'd have more time. He was a Viet vet who went through hell and would be disappointed in me for getting discouraged. I'm going to work on bucking up.

In the meantime, I'm counting on you to take care of yourself. Is your take-charge DIL standing guard?
Old 11-06-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
Sorry, can't stop the worrying: it's in my Italian Catholic genes. I really just need a good, swift kick in the pants to get over my discouragement. A friend of mine died last Friday--not unexpected, but we all thought he'd have more time. He was a Viet vet who went through hell and would be disappointed in me for getting discouraged. I'm going to work on bucking up.

In the meantime, I'm counting on you to take care of yourself. Is your take-charge DIL standing guard?
Oh, yes. She's all up in my business. She's a planner, plotter, menu maker. She's got the holidays all mapped out. Her and Mid-dau have been having back channel talks.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
Anybody in here know anything about wires, the outside power line kind?
I guess I should call the electric company. There is a twist of wires from the pople to the back of the house, two of the wires are black, one is twisted metal with some kind of doohickie. Right around the doohickie the wire is broken and the part with the doohickie is hanging down, the other end is still twisted in with the two black wires.

I don't need this shit today. Well, I don't need it any day.
Sahirrnee, normally the two black wires have 110 volts on different phases, and the silver in the neutral.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:42 PM

Evening all. Soccer got watched (Champion's League on TNT) and coached (both U10 and u12 boys) and now just internettin' until bedtime. Big bowl O'Sallit was consumed for dinner.

Sari, glad the electrical situation wasn't to shockingly bad...

Beckers, hope things work out for you.

Hang in there, wetone.

Everyone else take care of themselves, y'all hear now?
Old 11-07-2019, 12:09 AM

WetOne hang in there. It gets easier every day. Don't think about forever, just think about right now and how you are sick and tired of getting sick and tired. No more smoking will help.

Beck take care of yourself. I also will worry.

MetalMouse I keep forgetting to congratulate you and the boys on getting into the playoffs.

Spidey I keep meaning to ask you if you're quitting your job or just taking some time off...

We went over to MiL's place earlier. We cleaned up her room and quizzed her about why she is suddenly texting all of us every 5 minutes. She is bored. She doesn't like the community any more, she doesn't like her friends any more, and she's just sitting in bed. Her home bumped her care costs to about $5000 a month, since she won't care for herself. We're seeing her doc again on Friday. I'm not sure the tests he ran showed anything medical. I intend to ask about depression.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:09 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 63 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 78 and cloudy for the day. Rain is allegedly movin' in tonight. We shall see. Today I am goin' to work on re-organizin' the master bedroom closet. It's kind of a mess in there. Other than that I foresee a chill day here at da cave. Sup shall be chikin divan (couch chikin), sallit, and rolls. Haven't made couch chikin in a while so I'm sure 'twill be a good and welcome change.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Thursday Y'all!