Old 11-08-2019, 08:02 PM

Post, because it's there.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:51 PM

I have been cleared to go back to work. I’m still a bit wheezy (Jefferson) but much improved. A minor sinus infection has set in so I’m on 5 days of abx. Wish I could describe what’s been coming out of nose but y’all would have the vapors and need your salts.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:08 PM

nellie, the Sonics here have outdoor tables with a couple of order screens on the patio.

Happy birthday beck!

Thanks Moooooma and swampy. I will peruse that this weekend.

It looks like yesterday was a wake up call for the bosses. I now have a third monitor on my 'puter and will be getting upgraded internet come Monday. They are also posting for a flex person in my department so's we don't find ourselves in this position again.

It's cold here too. I took Nelson for a brief romp at the dog park in his coat. He played with a cutie pie of a chug named Reesie (his human said that his brindle coat looked like peanut butter and chocolate when he was a little puppy). Bojangles fixed supper.

Chill time.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:24 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbear View Post
<AHEM> CLEARIN' THROAT <AHEM>

Happy Firday Y'all!
You have a lot of time and fonts on your hands after retirement, don't you, Swampy?
Old 11-08-2019, 10:43 PM

Evening all. Thought I hadn't mailed my Electric bill (but I clearly remembered writing the check) and it wasn't showing up on the banks records, looked everywhere...except underneath my chair in front of the computer (it's a regular office chair and not always easy to see what's down there, plus it's not something I often look at. Got it mailed and bought stamps for 2020 (about 50 should do it) then went to the soccer meeting. They had it catered by Olive Garden, so nicely stuffed am I.

Games start at 8am, but only three games tomorrow (two Sunday), so it should be less stressful.

Beck, be careful that you are well-marked as a "HUMAN", not as a deer...them hunters ain't to bright sometimes....

FCM, hope dinner tasted as good as it sounded....

Red, so the bosses got scared and gave you stuff; you need to think of how to scare them more often....

All y'all have a good Sattiday; probably won't be back until afternoon.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:55 PM

Got 59 minutes and used 45 of it by leaving early. Got home at the time I would normally get off irk. We have some coolish weather coming in this weekend and my knees know it. The high on Sunday will only be 82F. Cool for here.

Some lady just rang hubby at almost 11PM to say her A/C is on the fritz and it is 88F in her house. I know she wanted him to go there tonight but he said he’d see her in the morning then groaned and grumbled about being woke up.

We had our usual filet mignon for dinner and it was yum. I think we only et one of the two so maybe I will have steak and eggs in the morning.

Here’s hoping I can sleep in tomorrow but probably not. I am about to call it a night now though. Happy Long Weekend everyone.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Charter Member

Well the good news is all the mosquitoes have frozen to death....
Old 11-09-2019, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Morning all.

Is 9am too early to have a cheeseburger?

FCM, my next dental appointment is Monday (Veterans Day) but at 11:30am. Can't imagine getting up for a 7am dental appointment.

Happy Birthday Beck. Oh, and get well soon.

Nellie, bad eyes or just don't see well in the dark? Tripped over a few bumps in the sidewalk myself, even in bright sunshine.

All y'all take care. It's 35F here in N. Ali-bama and the gas company is the only one happy about it.
It's NEVER too early for a cheeseburger. Or pizza.

Oh, it's the eyes. Between keratoconus (4 transplants), recurrent iritis, glaucoma, retinal damage, and a bunch of other stuff too boring to go into, I'm lucky to see as well as I do. I had lens implants in my 40s (Steroids to fight corneal graft rejection gave me cataracts early), and now all headlights and streetlights have gigantic flares shooting from them. And I just can't see in low light or in the dark. Movie theaters and romantic restaurants are my nemeses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
nellie, the Sonics here have outdoor tables with a couple of order screens on the patio.
Hot dang! I'm looking forward to my first Sonic corndog. If I'm not transported to heavenly realms, Beckdawrek has some 'splainin' to do.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:16 AM

Oh, Nellie. You're life is about to change.
Old 11-09-2019, 04:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Oh, Nellie. You're life is about to change.
Heck, our Sonics, with indoor seating, just got Mac & Cheese bites.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:37 AM

Happy Saturday!

I am up too early, not surprising since I took a long nap yesterday.
It's a clear 21 degrees outside. We will not be rushing to get to the park this morning.

I hope the friend I am helping to move doesn't want to start too early.
Sunny - I think hiding bodies is easier.

Alien - frozen mosquitoes is a good thing.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:37 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 43 Amurrkin out and clear, with a predicted high of 63 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. This is more in line with Fall weather in these parts. No big plans for the day for either of us. We may do N.O.L. at the bar down the road. Sup shall be chili/cheese/slaw dawgs and fries. Fart fest to follow. Netflix shall also be binged.

WetOne yay for clearance to go back to irk. I guess. At least yay for bein' better.

MetalMouse good luck in the tournament.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Sattidy Y'all!
Old 11-09-2019, 06:42 AM

Today's episode of the MMP is brought to you by the number 50.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:36 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

TWENTY-SEVEN-STOOPIT DEGREES this morning!!!!! I'm pretty sure I'm not hanging laundry out today. But I will be cleaning the fridge - a couple of shelves are particularly sticky and too much stuff is getting lost in there. So join me today for today's episode of "Search for Lost Science Experiments" on the DRN (Dirty Refrigerator Network)

Yep, fun day ahead.

nellie - I get the flares around headlights and street lights also. My eye doc says it's astigmatism. All I know is driving in the dark when it's raining is a particular challenge. Once I retire (c'mon Dec 13!!) I shouldn't have to worry about that any longer.

Happy Saturday!
Old 11-09-2019, 09:16 AM

Siamese cats serenaded me awake at a time of day that should be illegal. I drank water while they ate and then snuck off to bed again.
Doggies are walked. I wore an orange vest. Deer hunters are in the woods. Shouldn't be hunters anywhere near me. But not taking chances. I heard shooting in the distance. (have I told y'all how bad I hate deer season?)
Got some new oatmeal cups. You fix them the night before. Disappoining. I ate it anyway. I'm determined not to have to drink my protein today, fingers crossed.
Have a good day, y'all.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:51 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Third load in the washer, second in the dryer, first folded and put away. I also swept the steps to the basement - holy crap on a cracker, was there a lot of cat hair! The only reason the cats go there is to use the litter box... I think... Maybe they go there to shed excessively.

Roxy is going down for her nap. I was going to vacuum, but not till she's awake again. I suppose I could dust. Or I could remake the bed. What the world needs is a self-cleaning house!
Old 11-09-2019, 09:58 AM

Up, caffeinating, breakfasted, load of towels in the wash, puppy crate cleaned and am fixing to do KP, throw the towels in the dryer, put a load of jeans in the wash and purtify for grocery shopping.

I'll be making black bean sweet potato enchiladas, all but the baking, for tomorrow's potluck. I put a double batch of black beans in the crock because tomorrow I'll do mojo pork in the big crock whilst I'm out.

Happy Saturday!
Old 11-09-2019, 10:11 AM

Home from the park, not too cold.
No wind and the sun is shining.
Finally found my hat, in the linen closet? No idea why I put it there.
A new couple came in with two boxers, nice dogs, so we let them know we are the morning group and they should join us in the mornings.
The morning group is a nice group of dogs, and people - mostly.

While I was looking for my hat, I found the DirecTV stuff that needs to go back to the company. I had suspended my account, and now cancelled it. Pissed me off though, because you can't go from suspended to cancelled, so it will cost me a month of service which I won't be using. No way am I hooking all this crap up again.

Haven't heard from the friend who is moving, no idea what is going on. I was going to take the morning off, but I scheduled my normal hours and logged in.

I think all my Christmas gifts are here, so I can start sorting them out and wrapping them.

Vacuuming leaves is on the agenda for tomorrow, today's agenda is irking and cleaning house, and helping a friend move.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 11-09-2019 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:15 AM

My new, shiny red washer was installed Monday. I have washed anything and everything in this house, save the curtains. It's so nice to have an appliance that works properly. I can't believe I spent so long cursing and spitting mad at the previous washer.
I hope I didn't jinx it
Leftover Tamales are on the menu. Not sure when I'll eat them. I have 2 fruits I gotta get down before noon. So lunch will be latish.
DIL wanted me to get out today and go shopping with her and the Grandwreks. I'm not feeling it. She'll pick me up some stuff. I'm making a list.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Beckdawrek;21963803] I'm making a list.[/QUOTE

You need batteries.

Old 11-09-2019, 11:45 AM

And corn dogs.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:46 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Hey, kids! Here's a helpful laundry tip: when you load the drum and add the detergent, make sure you hit the Start button!! (dammit) FINALLY the 3rd load is in the dryer and the 4th is in the washer.

The critter fountain is clean and refilled, and the top shelves of the fridge have been cleaned. I need to take out the bottom shelf and the attached crisper drawers. Then the door shelves need to be wiped down.

I found we had THREE opened jars of Klaussen dill pickle halves. Dunno why we had 3, but now we just have one mostly full jar. There were also 3 jars of jalapeno-stuffed olives - now down to 1. And there are 3 (are you sensing a pattern??) packages of sliced swiss cheese - not a problem - I lurves swiss cheese on my sammiches.

In the back of the middle shelf, I found some rock-hard breadsticks - bye-bye! In a minute, I'll attack the remaining stuff - the trash can is almost full - let's see if we can top it off!

Chores. rah.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
My new, shiny red washer was installed Monday. I have washed anything and everything in this house, save the curtains. It's so nice to have an appliance that works properly
I've thought about washing the dogs that way, but I've not found any small snorkels.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:27 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The fridge is clean! The breadsticks were the worst thing I found in there, which amazes me, considering there are 4 adults in this household and frequent doggie bags crammed in there.

I'm having lunch. My last load of laundry should be ready for the dryer when I'm done eating. After Roxy gets up from her nap, I think we'll go to the Marine Museum - she loves the fish.

Retirement will be nice - I can spread these chores over a week instead of cramming them into a weekend.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:47 PM

I like to pace myself in the chore dept.
Beware, the more you spread it out the less gratified you are at their doing.

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 11-09-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
I've thought about washing the dogs that way, but I've not found any small snorkels.
My BiL jumps into his pool with them. They smell like chlorine, but it's an improvement.

Quote:
Doggies are walked. I wore an orange vest. Deer hunters are in the woods. Shouldn't be hunters anywhere near me. But not taking chances. I heard shooting in the distance. (have I told y'all how bad I hate deer season?)
When I lived in Missouri, the rancher behind us allowed hunting on his land. It made me nervous, given how close his line came up to our house. Then one day, I came outside and found my neighbor's son "practicing" with his new rifle in their driveway. No backstop. Shooting at rocks. I decided to go shopping with the kids until they cleared out.

Quote:
I like to pace myself in the chore dept.
Beware, the more you spread it out the less gratified you are at their doing.
I prioritize. I ain't got enough spoons to pace them all. So I pace the bare minimum and live with the result.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:07 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Yeah, but I don't do chores for gratification. I do them when I can't stand the mess any longer... or when my inlaws are coming over.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:42 PM

I say 'cleaning' is my hobby. Sad? Yep.
It's a good thing I like it. Log houses make an unusual amount of dust. Me and my Swiffer duster are BFFs.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Been a lazy day here in da cave. We broke fast, noshed latish mornin' on some snackies, and had a late N.O.L./early sup. Funny thing happened. The chili/cheese/slaw dawgs 'n fries somehow got turned into salmon patties, peas, smashed N.O.T. and bizkits. The need for comfort food overcame me and 'tis one of our favorite meals.

I keep myself on a kinda, sorta, schedule for chores. When OYKW retires in January, we'll take care of chores like cave cleanin' together. He hates yahd irk and while I don't exactly love it, I don't mind doin' it, so maybe some tradeoffs like he dusts, mops, and vacuums whilst I do that. Or we hire staff.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

Cleaned the kitchen, did a load of laundry. The complex cleaned the dyer vents yesterday(first time in 10 years). But my dyer is broke, so all it did was make Gordie lose his Skittles. Having a martini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Then one day, I came outside and found my neighbor's son "practicing" with his new rifle in their driveway. No backstop. Shooting at rocks. I decided to go shopping with the kids until they cleared out.

Quote:
I prioritize. I ain't got enough spoons to pace them all. So I pace the bare minimum and live with the result.
I enjoy spooning.

Quote:
It's a good thing I like it. Log houses make an unusual amount of dust. Me and my Swiffer duster are BFFs.
I enjoy cleaning, too.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:16 PM

Home from helping people move.
I drove, that is it. Their apartment is cute, the view of the mountains is nice, there is a washer/dryer on the second floor. Their apartment is on the third floor.
I drove, that is it. I'm not about to carry stuff up three floors, I could barely carry myself up the three floors.
They wanted to pay me and I said no, so they took me out to dinner. However, he thought she had the credit card, she thought he had it.
I paid.
I don't think they were trying anything, I think they are just a mess from moving.
I don't care anyway, because it was a nice dinner,
and I got my margarita!
Old 11-09-2019, 06:38 PM

You did good Sari! Moving is hell.

Swampy your comfort food sounds most nummy. I forgot OYKW was still working. Poor thing.

Doggio does Gordie ever find his skittles after he loses them?

Tonight will probably be cook at home Asian - tempura shrimp, gyoza, and steamed pork buns. I can do fried rice if anyone really wants that.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:41 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Home from a busy afternoon with Roxy. We went to the museum, then over to the Imaginarium on its opening day. Roxy seemed to have a great time, and I expect she'll be practically comatose tonight.

We stopped at Aldi on the way home and got a couple of pizzas for supper, plus milk and 'nanas. After we ate, FCD helped me make the bed. I'm about to fold the last load of laundry. I expect to crash thoroughly also.

More chores tomorrow. rah.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:46 PM

Mr.Wrekker texted and said not to eat supper he was bringing me something good, from the deer camp. Oh, god. I'm very afraid.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Chores may not a thrilling weekend make but with careful pacing it certainly can be pleasant.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:08 PM

About 2/3 of the Saturday chores are done. Still gotta fold laundry and get the enchiladas ready for the oven. Nelson got a quick dog park trip this afternoon. There was nobody on the small dog side, so we went to play with the big dog. We switched sides when he snapped at a dog big enough to kick his butt. I think we're going to stay with small dogs from here on out.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:54 PM

You done ruint me Beck! I had to go to the store and so I got a box of Foster Farms Chicken Corndogs. I just ate one, and I liked it.

Wifey had to go show a house, so She's gonna stop at KFC and get us a couple of chicken pot pies. I don't cre about their chicken all that much, it isn't as good as it used to be, but I lurves their chickie pot pies.

I need to fix my e-mail again. My phone decided the other day that all three of the mail accounts I had on there were inactive and marked them so. Well, I finally figured out what it had done and made them active again, and now my phone is downloading everything on the mail server all over again. Right now I've got about 2000 e-mails on my phone and I've deleted around another 1000 already. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate this phone.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:57 PM
Charter Member

Aspara nikumaki, Spring greens salad, dipping sauce/salad dressing, and rice for dinner.

There's lots, if anyone wants to come over in the next five minutes.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:03 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Post, because it's there.
I am so proud of you. You have done well Grasshopper but we wish for you to remain at our temple a while longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Today's episode of the MMP is brought to you by the number 50.
Part of my problem; they were long after I had aged past that type of show even if I watched television much. What little SeSt I know from the younger siblings of girls I dated and since a lot of that was weekends ------ have I ever mentioned that I know the Super-Chicken theme by heart?

Quote:
Our hobby is making sure no-one writes in our dust; if they do they have to clean the entire item thus defaced.

In other news we went to an antique show and scored nothing. It was more 1950s pop stuff and that just isn't our thing. But we did hit a place making the start of its closing for good clearance and I scored three way vintage cleaning rods (rifle, pistol and shotgun), a heavy steel hook for dragging heavy things across a shop floor (things like pallets or dead bodies), several scope mounts I have yet to identify ( LA - 1942 Molnars are for Lee's right?) and a weighted four-prong hook you could use to fish for ---- stuff in the water. And all that for $25! I may have to revisit the place some more over the month.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:37 PM

My nephew didn’t talk clearly till he was 4. He called me Peedin instead of Paula. He also called Kentucky Fried (this was in the 70s) Fucky Fried.

SEVEN DAYS SMOBER......
Old 11-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Mr.Wrekker texted and said not to eat supper he was bringing me something good, from the deer camp. Oh, god. I'm very afraid.
G-d help you.

Rely on the cats!
Old 11-09-2019, 09:05 PM

Evening all. Teams are still in the mix, all we have to do is beat the best teams in the divison tomorrow while the other teams do exactly what I need them to do...in other words, long odds. And I've also promised to let the boys shave my beard off after the games since they qualified... That'll be fun...

Had my Sunday eatin' out dinner on Saturday (Lone Star tonight), so will nosh on sammiches tomorrow prior to soccer.

Too far behind to post responses, so everybody have a good night and see you Sunday.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedin View Post
My nephew didnít talk clearly till he was 4. He called me Peedin instead of Paula. He also called Kentucky Fried (this was in the 70s) Fucky Fried.

SEVEN DAYS SMOBER......
One of the lil'wrekkers first words was firetruck except she said rather loudly "Fire-fuck" every time she saw one.
Old 11-09-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peedin View Post
My nephew didnít talk clearly till he was 4. He called me Peedin instead of Paula. He also called Kentucky Fried (this was in the 70s) Fucky Fried.

SEVEN DAYS SMOBER......
Yay!
Old 11-09-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
G-d help you.

Rely on the cats!
Someone () brought a Caribou roast. They spit roasted it.
I have to say it was damn good. I tried real hard not to think about their cooking cleanliness down at the camp.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:08 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I tried real hard not to think about their cooking cleanliness down at the camp.
Hey, it's cooked. Fire kills germs.

(I wish I had some caribou roast.)
Old 11-09-2019, 11:08 PM

It was sweet of him to bring you the good stuff.

Congrats WetOne!
Old 11-10-2019, 12:06 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Doggio does Gordie ever find his skittles after he loses them?
Nope.. He is completely un Skittled at this point.

Congrats WetOne!!!
Old 11-10-2019, 02:16 AM

ive always wanted to try caribou.. ive watched those Alaska tv shows for years .........tried deer and elk and liked em,,,, was it as rich as they say?

And no offense even though ive always liked the comedy aspects of sesame street, they need to let it go its nothing like it used to be since Jim Henson passed ....... that and my favorite non-muppet character isn't on it anymore .....
Old 11-10-2019, 02:35 AM

Yes, Caribou was like a very good beef roast. Very Tasty. Big Wreck made the remark, it tasted like beefalo, to him.