Old 04-11-2019, 09:06 AM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
But yeah since the bubbles and faye decided to hook up theres been no real significant universe changing story unless you count basilisk getting crushed and getting a more feminine body (which is some sort of parable about body modification) oh and Emily her mom and tai getting stoned ….
Basilisk’s issue with her new chassis is an analogy for body dismorphia, not modification.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Slightly off topic, but how do you get “Roko” as a nickname for “Basilisk?” This has been bugging me. Is it like a “Margaret/Peg” thing?
Old 04-11-2019, 09:23 AM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukulele Ike View Post
Slightly off topic, but how do you get “Roko” as a nickname for “Basilisk?” This has been bugging me. Is it like a “Margaret/Peg” thing?
It’s her first name. Roko Basilisk. It’s also an AI joke.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:24 PM

as someone said in the QC form tomorrows gonna be the start of melon being a goofball for a week and we might see what dora says the Tuesday or so after.....
Old 04-12-2019, 06:57 AM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

Looking at today's comic it's just clear that Marten is a genuinely good man. He's got his own things but he's great at not letting his own issues get in the way of his friends.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:06 PM

That, or Marten's a giant pushover, as many people in the comic have pointed out. (Including Dora, Tai, and one-night-stand chick.)
Old 05-22-2019, 07:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Golly!

....I wonder whether May smokes after sex? (Her chassis might not be able to take this sort of friction)
Old 05-22-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Golly!

....I wonder whether May smokes after sex? (Her chassis might not be able to take this sort of friction)
Yeah, everyone's fucking robots these days. At least this prediction didn't come to pass.

And you've got to wonder if Momo will be jealous when she finds out.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muldoonthief View Post
Yeah, everyone's fucking robots these days. At least this prediction didn't come to pass.
A couple strips further, May makes it sound as though her chassis isn't particularly prepared for sexy fun-times (although she makes the same mouth/lube joke). I get the impression that she's not especially soft or supple either given the exposed joints and pinchy bits. Which makes her post-sex robo-nudity seem a bit odd but I suppose I'm just as happy not dwelling on it.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
A couple strips further, May makes it sound as though her chassis isn't particularly prepared for sexy fun-times (although she makes the same mouth/lube joke). I get the impression that she's not especially soft or supple either given the exposed joints and pinchy bits. Which makes her post-sex robo-nudity seem a bit odd but I suppose I'm just as happy not dwelling on it.
Maybe the black bars are covering Sven's pinched, bloody hog, and the fleshlight taped to May's crotch.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muldoonthief View Post
Maybe the black bars are covering Sven's pinched, bloody hog, and the fleshlight taped to May's crotch.
This isn't sweetening the pot to contribute to that Patreon.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:44 PM

He still has the other half of the melon over his dick. And May is a Barbie doll, as always. The censor bars actually help it look raunchier.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I got five bucks says Sven had sex with May all over again while she was de-powered.

He is kind of a dick, after all...
Old 05-25-2019, 01:52 PM

a lot of people are complaining about Google starting to censor stuff in various ways ....

you know something i figured out how Dora sells the coffee shop but it stays in the family:

Hannelore comes back for the wedding meets the new characters realizes she misses everyone and she's tired of wandering around and buys it
Old 05-25-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Golly!

Nah, looks like they used plenty of lube.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethilrist View Post
Nah, looks like they used plenty of lube.
Yep...I noticed not only the bottle of lotion, but the can of WB-40.

And while I understand that Sven is a mighty man, that amount of goosh over them couldn’t possibly all be semen.

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 05-25-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I got five bucks says Sven had sex with May all over again while she was de-powered.

He is kind of a dick, after all...
He is, but he's also been on a (long paused) story arc of improving himself. Also, unless her mouth was left open, she has nothing for him to do that with.

She is a barbie doll. That is why they used a melon. (The one with the smiley face from an earlier comic.)

Plus, no matter how big a dick he was, Sven never came across as a rapist. Not even at his worst. Remember how he didn't even put a move on Hannelore since she didn't want him to.]

If he were a rapist, Jeph would not be trying to make people feel sorry for him at all.

Last edited by BigT; 05-25-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:20 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, the idea that Sven is a rapist is pretty far out there.
Old 06-14-2019, 11:12 AM

In case anyone else couldn't remember who the heck Beepatrice was..

https://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=3883
Old 06-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Roko may not like her new body yet, but I think it’s just fine. ‘Specially the way it fills out those shorts. Rowr.

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 06-14-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:59 PM
Charter Member

A few months back we saw Basilisk quitting the police force over moral qualms. She wasn't doing anything immoral personally but she decided that the police in general were so immoral that she was tainted by being in the profession. So she quit and became a social worker (which presumably is a "moral" profession).

And what do we see her doing now as a social worker? She's bullying some guy she doesn't know with threats. It's over a trivial cause; she just doesn't want the inconvenience of waiting until May has a day off. And it isn't based on any actual knowledge; she just assumes that somebody in a certain job must be a criminal on the side, which is blatant profiling. If a police officer did this, it would be a prime example of the kind of immorality that Basilisk was supposedly opposed to. But now she's doing it herself.

Is this intentional? Or is it just one of Jacques' blindspots?
Old 06-14-2019, 09:09 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

He’s just subscribing to a typical prejudice of lovable cuddly old anarchists like myself. All bosses are evil, all workers are exploited saints.

Feel free to walk off the job even if it leaves your employer in the lurch. He’s probably off somewhere up to no good, grinding widows and orphans under his heels.

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 06-14-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:37 PM
Sith Mod

Quote:
He’s just subscribing to a typical prejudice of lovable cuddly old anarchists like myself. All bosses are evil, all workers are exploited saints.

Feel free to walk off the job even if it leaves your employer in the lurch. He’s probably off somewhere up to no good, grinding widows and orphans under his heels.
When has Jeph ever used the "mean boss" trope before? Dora has always been portrayed as a cool boss. Tai was always cool with Martin. I seem to recall that Martins boss before he got the library gig was pretty cool, although the job itself kind of sucked. Who am I forgetting?
Old 06-14-2019, 09:47 PM

Jim (Sam's dad, Marten's mom's boyfriend, owner of the bakery) is cool, too. Don't think we've ever met the owner of the Horrible Revelation, but Will, Elliot, and Brun seem OK with them.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I’m not saying Jeph did it from the outset...I can’t remember an asshole boss in the strip. But who else has had a gig as shitty as May’s?

He’s just doing it in the present case. May’s job makes her miserable; clearly her boss is a dick.

Last edited by Ukulele Ike; 06-14-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Observation: Tai spends most of her workday stoned and watching th’ cartoons.

It’s a testament to her employees love and respect for her that they actually do their jobs, instead of getting stoned and watching th’ cartoons right along with her.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Observation: Tai spends most of her workday stoned and watching th’ cartoons.

It’s a testament to her employees love and respect for her that they actually do their jobs, instead of getting stoned and watching th’ cartoons right along with her.
Tai also asked one of her employees to come with her while she got a clitoral piercing. Imagine how that would play out if a male supervisor did it.

(I'm not being an MRA here. I'm saying it's wrong either way. But Jacques, along with many other people, can see the same situation as being either outrageous harassment or quirky humor depending on who's doing it.)

Last edited by Little Nemo; 06-14-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:31 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Jaysus...THAT’S reaching back into pre-history. I didn’t think Tai went BACK that far.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
When has Jeph ever used the "mean boss" trope before? Dora has always been portrayed as a cool boss. Tai was always cool with Martin. I seem to recall that Martins boss before he got the library gig was pretty cool, although the job itself kind of sucked. Who am I forgetting?
Corpse Witch. Which sort of serves Roko's point.

I wonder if this is the character arc that files down another character's rough edges and makes them one of the gang.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamino Neko View Post
Jim (Sam's dad, Marten's mom's boyfriend, owner of the bakery) is cool, too. Don't think we've ever met the owner of the Horrible Revelation, but Will, Elliot, and Brun seem OK with them.
When Brun applied for a bartending job at the Revelation, the manager gave her a very evil beer on the house, so he's cool.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:18 PM
Charter Member

That's not what a hypocorism is.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:33 AM
Sith Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
That's not what a hypocorism is.
It's not? I've never heard the term before, but wikipedia seems to back up the omnipresent hive AI.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Tai also asked one of her employees to come with her while she got a clitoral piercing. Imagine how that would play out if a male supervisor did it.

(I'm not being an MRA here. I'm saying it's wrong either way. But Jacques, along with many other people, can see the same situation as being either outrageous harassment or quirky humor depending on who's doing it.)
Except Jacques has never done anything similar. There is no instance in the comic where a boss does something similar and it is decried as sexual harassment.

Plus, while I see your point, that isn't how it is presented in the comic. Tai and Marten are also friends, and it is as friends that Tai invites Marten to go with her. And neither she nor he treat it like a sexual thing.

And, well, you're bringing up a comic from nearly 11 years ago. The comic has changed a lot since then, as has the author. This predates his change to becoming more progressive and more aware of social justice issues. He likely wasn't aware of the power dynamics issues at the time, especially given he was writing them as friends more than boss/underling.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDibble View Post
I like Brun.

Don't much care for a Bubbles-Faye relationship, though. Not that I'm not down with robots or bisexuality - it's just that I don't particularly care to see how this match of two badly broken people is going to play out - seems like it's going to end up as cringe theatre to me.

Also, I'm a Hanners groupie, sending her away pissed me off, so I'm punishing Jeph by not getting on board his latest manipulative 'ship voyage.
She's baaaaaaaaaack....

https://questionablecontent.net/
Old 07-16-2019, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller View Post
It's not? I've never heard the term before, but wikipedia seems to back up the omnipresent hive AI.
No, she says that Yay is a hypocorism for Yaaaaaaaay and that a hypocorism is a shortening of a longer name to a shorter one. Like Mike is a shortened version of Michael or Jess is a shortened version of Jessica.

But she's wrong. A hypocorism is supposed to be a nickname that suggest some emotional attachment; it's like a pet name. It doesn't have to be a shortening. Changing Jim or Scott to Jimbo or Scotty is a hypocorism. It doesn't even have to be a version of the original name; calling your loved one Babe or Honey or Snooki Bear are all hypocorisms.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hypocorism
Old 07-16-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
No, she says that Yay is a hypocorism for Yaaaaaaaay and that a hypocorism is a shortening of a longer name to a shorter one.
That is not what she says. She says that it is a hypocorism, and that it is shortened from her full name, as most hypocorisms are.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:08 PM

I wanna know why Dora's carrying a kris. And where.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethilrist View Post
I wanna know why Dora's carrying a kris. And where.
She keeps it for eldritch purposes.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:02 PM

Well, all right, then. The more you know!