Old 09-30-2019, 10:38 AM

Rambo: Last Blood

Saw it.

Not impressed. It went a totally different direction from the other movies and was frankly just an excuse to show more violence and blood. Closer to a "Taken" movie than Rambo.

Anyone else?
Old 09-30-2019, 10:51 AM

The previous installment was one of the most violent movies I've ever seen, and I watch almost nothing but violent movies. But, this series went completely off the rails after just the first movie, so it's not as if they're disgracing a highly-regarded franchise. I'm certain I will enjoy it on a similar level that I've enjoyed the other films whenever I see it.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:02 AM

Get off of John Rambos' lawn...while you can!!
Old 09-30-2019, 12:44 PM

Yep. It made me never want to see a new movie from Sly ever again, and I'm a fan. It is like you said, not a true Rambo adventure. The first movie is the best. A classic that you can rewatch loads. I think his next film is gonna be a disaster. Samaritan?! Just retire, Sly.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:18 PM

I guess I am in the minority but I actually liked it. The fact that was more of a vigilante film than a "war" film like the others didn't bother me at all.

Still watching First Blood and this film is an interesting contrast.

If this is the final Rambo film it would a good send-off for the character IMHO.

Still knowing how Hollywood operates it would not surprise me to see them try to reboot the franchise at some point.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:49 AM

One thing different from this movie and the last "Creed" movie is how in Creed2 the character makes up with an "enemy" from his past "Drago". We never had that in a Rambo movie. I would have liked to have seen Rambo go back to that original town in Oregon where this time he is welcomed by a town who's gotten rid of a corrupt police department.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:19 PM

I loved the movie.

It was John Wick-level craziness and the violence was so over-the-top it was more like a cartoon than real life. It was a fantastic escape for a wonderfully short 90 min.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
One thing different from this movie and the last "Creed" movie is how in Creed2 the character makes up with an "enemy" from his past "Drago". We never had that in a Rambo movie. I would have liked to have seen Rambo go back to that original town in Oregon where this time he is welcomed by a town who's gotten rid of a corrupt police department.
Or travel to Vietnam and set up an outreach program for Viet Cong veterans.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance View Post
Or travel to Vietnam and set up an outreach program for Viet Cong veterans.
Sounds good. I wrote a story where he helps a Vietnamese immigrant family.

Last edited by Urbanredneck; 10-01-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:29 PM

It's a blue light.

What does it do?

What's the answer to that question?

It was in Rambo III.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:19 AM
BANNED

This is a joke, right? Someone funded another Rambo movie? If it's not a joke, do they finally disclose why does gravity always pull Sly's lip to the left?
Old 10-06-2019, 12:23 AM
BANNED

Oh, shit, looks like it's real all right. The cast looks diverse and inclusive, so that's good. I guess I'll have to see it now, and hope for the twist ending, with Rambo outed as the real bad guy on Twitter and Instagram for being mean to the poor Mexican illegals.
Old 11-28-2019, 11:42 PM
Charter Member

I saw it and honestly, the first 60 minutes or so were absolutely terrible. A total disaster of a movie and a crying shame, since Rambo 4 was the best one in the series. It is clear they should have stopped with that one.

The last 30 minutes delivered a bit more, since it gave us Rambo doing what Rambo does.

Still, in the end, this is a pretty bad movie.

Nowhere near as good as the amazing Rambo 4.