Old 03-18-2018, 08:40 PM

Are you people serious, or is it just Pie's Law at play here?
Old 03-18-2018, 08:43 PM

Never talk pi. It'll go on forever.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I don't understand... He was quite clear about requesting that the thread be deleted.
The crazy part is that it is now locked--at his fucking request! What happened to that honored SDMB tradition of a mod blowing off any such request with a snide "You made your bed and now everybody will laugh at you" quip?
posted by logicpunk at 10:07 AM on December 20, 2007 [3 favorites]
Old 03-18-2018, 08:48 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Never talk pi. It'll go on forever.
Nah, everyone keeps arguing in circles.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropzone View Post
The crazy part is that it is now locked--at his fucking request! What happened to that honored SDMB tradition of a mod blowing off any such request with a snide "You made your bed and now everybody will laugh at you" quip?
No, I don't believe it was at his request. ITD said it had just devolved into a joke thread and the OP was no longer being discussed. Which I must admit, I played a non-insignificant part in.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:21 PM

I certainly wish the pie talk would never, ever come up again. Some pie bites back.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:23 PM

In Soviet Union, pie slices you.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
It was making me crazy to let Lucy's shit sit there steaming, but that's the last from me. I hope.
Right, but this just prompts me to add that everyone who contributes to his vapid, rambling, useless narcissistic threads is guilty of encouraging Luciano700's continuing presence here (and I admit that on rare occasions that has included me, but only for the purpose of telling him to fuck off). All of his posts are as completely self-centered as they are stupid, and all of his sentences either begin with "I" or have the word "me" in them, and otherwise basically contain no intelligible content.

Assuming he's not a blatant troll and just a kid trying to find himself, I've found him and I can tell him exactly where he is: he's here, but he should be somewhere else, somewhere where I can't see or hear him. Let whoever is responsible for his birth deal with him. I can actually enjoy mentoring young kids, but they have to have the basic intelligence to make it worthwhile.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:53 PM
Mere Member

Lecture noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambivalid View Post
No, I don't believe it was at his request. ITD said it had just devolved into a joke thread and the OP was no longer being discussed. Which I must admit, I played a non-insignificant part in.
I read ITD's note and wondered what the heck was wrong with a joke thread? Some of the posts were pretty funny.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:05 AM

We are incredibly fortunate to have WillFarnaby in our midst, who surfaces from time to time to enlighten us on matters that have eluded the greatest thinkers, statesmen, and economists throughout history, but which WillFarnaby has figured out. He is clearly either the greatest genius who ever lived, or a potentially dangerous unhinged lunatic who should be confined to a mental hospital. Most of us have our suspicions, but it can be said objectively and without prejudice that he is definitely one or the other.

Over here, he offers just the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that defines this mysterious dichotomy of genius vs. mental patient. Economists may argue about how much public debt is healthy and manageable and what should be done about it, but not WillFarnaby. He believes that the US government should make the following announcement to all creditors of the $21 trillion in national debt: "Fuck you. We're not paying you a cent. Just fuck off."

WillFarnaby believes that this may cause a bit of disruption, but nothing too serious. Some individuals and corporations may become instantly bankrupt (well, all of them, really) along with the Federal Reserve, the social security system, and the entire economy, but at least there's no need to worry about the value of the US dollar, since it's backed by the full faith and credit of the US government, which would still be respected as a fine institution except for its tendency to never meet any of its obligations and use bad language instead.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
The lights on but no one is home. Hmmm.
Your will......is not your own. ♫
Old 03-19-2018, 10:04 AM

If a Cherry Float is a virgin on a waterbed, what is a Cherry Pie?
Old 03-19-2018, 10:08 AM

A virgin on a round bed?
Old 03-19-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpup View Post
We are incredibly fortunate to have WillFarnaby in our midst, who surfaces from time to time to enlighten us on matters that have eluded the greatest thinkers, statesmen, and economists throughout history, but which WillFarnaby has figured out. He is clearly either the greatest genius who ever lived, or a potentially dangerous unhinged lunatic who should be confined to a mental hospital. Most of us have our suspicions, but it can be said objectively and without prejudice that he is definitely one or the other.

Over here, he offers just the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that defines this mysterious dichotomy of genius vs. mental patient. Economists may argue about how much public debt is healthy and manageable and what should be done about it, but not WillFarnaby. He believes that the US government should make the following announcement to all creditors of the $21 trillion in national debt: "Fuck you. We're not paying you a cent. Just fuck off."

WillFarnaby believes that this may cause a bit of disruption, but nothing too serious. Some individuals and corporations may become instantly bankrupt (well, all of them, really) along with the Federal Reserve, the social security system, and the entire economy, but at least there's no need to worry about the value of the US dollar, since it's backed by the full faith and credit of the US government, which would still be respected as a fine institution except for its tendency to never meet any of its obligations and use bad language instead.
Congratulations, you have been Farnabied.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
He believes that the US government should make the following announcement to all creditors of the $21 trillion in national debt: "Fuck you. We're not paying you a cent. Just fuck off."

(my bold) I have read serious people suggesting that, as a one off, there is no reason that the Fed couldn't just forgive the US debt it holds. I don't have much of an economics background, but apparently it really is just bookkeeping entries (it's not like the Fed invests the money it gets back into some other asset - the dollars just disappear?). And of course it's a different thing for the Fed to forgive the debt as opposed to the government saying 'fuck off'.

But as for the rest of it, yeah, that's crazy town.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:08 AM

Tell China we just forgave our debt to them. How does that work?
Old 03-19-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
Tell China we just forgave our debt to them. How does that work?
It's simple, really. All we need to do is take a page from Rosalie Goes Shopping: If you owe the credit company $10,000 and you can't pay it, you have a problem. If you owe creditors $21T and can't pay them, the creditors have a problem.

I'm pretty sure that's where WF learned all he'll ever need to know about world economics.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:38 AM

Ah, I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a pie today. That'll work.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
(my bold) I have read serious people suggesting that, as a one off, there is no reason that the Fed couldn't just forgive the US debt it holds. I don't have much of an economics background, but apparently it really is just bookkeeping entries ...
I'm the furthest thing from an economist, but it's surely a lot more than that. The Fed has trillions in assets that it uses to manage monetary policy by buying and selling Treasury securities. Its liabilities include all the Federal Reserve notes in circulation (almost all paper money) and about a fifth of all bank accounts. Its hard to believe it could all just disappear without impact. But in any case, most other public debt is indisputably real and affects every sector of the financial system, public and private, and most intragovernmental debt represents social security and other trust funds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folacin View Post
But as for the rest of it, yeah, that's crazy town.
Yeah, mostly this. Without trust and credibility the government couldn't function and for all practical purposes would cease to exist, which is what anarcho-libertarian lunatics like WF actually want. All the civilization they need consists of canned beans, water, moonshine, and a cave stocked with guns'n'ammo.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
Hanson's razor - "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
Still, we need a counter-aphorism to explain a lot of what we see on this board:

"Never discount malice just because the stupidity is palpable and patently obvious."
Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:

Yeah, mostly this. Without trust and credibility the government couldn't function and for all practical purposes would cease to exist, which is what anarcho-libertarian lunatics like WF actually want. All the civilization they need consists of canned beans, water, moonshine, and a cave stocked with guns'n'ammo.
What's the water for?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
What's the water for?
Baptisms.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:27 PM

I've no one to blame but myself for trying to reason, yet again, with that annoying twerp, L7.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Ah, I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a pie today. That'll work.
No pie today. Only green jello with fruit cocktail added.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I've no one to blame but myself for trying to reason, yet again, with that annoying twerp, L7.
We'll see what he says (if he says) anything about why the hell he started the thread and didn't actually read any of it.

He is a fuckbucket extraordinaire. Citing IGN. Why do we have no smilies for this?
Old 03-19-2018, 06:33 PM

Ditka comes awfully close to admitting to trolling here.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:48 PM

Quote:
We'll see what he says (if he says) anything about why the hell he started the thread and didn't actually read any of it.
Because he's a troll. That's the reason. There is no other explanation, he's just a troll. He's one of the most blatant trolls I can remember encountering on the SDMB, and the only mystery here is why this wasn't immediately obvious to everyone else.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
Ditka comes awfully close to admitting to trolling here.
I don't know what you are reading but it is nothing close to trolling. Septimus comes much closer to trolling using cherrypicked facts.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
Because he's a troll. That's the reason. There is no other explanation, he's just a troll. He's one of the most blatant trolls I can remember encountering on the SDMB, and the only mystery here is why this wasn't immediately obvious to everyone else.
There was the whining about non-native English speaker, autistic, blah, blah, blah, and the complaining about how OTRU is a pit (heh) of negative judgmental poopy-heads. I decided to try cutting him some slack. All done. Troll. Bridge-dweller. He craves goats. Shit-stirrer. Troglodyte. May the sun strike him to stone.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:19 PM

At this point, I assume anyone who pops in and uses 4chan language and says they have autism is a troll.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:28 PM

He just plagiarized another source and said it was his. I found the original and posted it. Not sure what happens after that. Mockery?
Old 03-20-2018, 12:19 AM

Nice going there, Sunny!
Old 03-20-2018, 12:31 AM

Quote:
He just plagiarized another source and said it was his. I found the original and posted it. Not sure what happens after that. Mockery?
Link please?

Also, wow. The long time trolls around here know usually better than to commit blatant no-no's like that.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Mockery always. And in this case, prompt thread closury!

Last edited by digs; 03-20-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Historically, a warning*, if it gets reported.

Did it?

*Maybe a roundtable discussion of the offenderís posting privileges in Mod Central.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT View Post
At this point, I assume anyone who pops in and uses 4chan language and says they have autism is a troll.
Everyone on 4chan has autism, I think -- isn't it a requirement for signing up nowadays?
Old 03-20-2018, 12:42 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Except I never used "Revolvy" (Is that what is called?) And didn't even claim it was mine, I used whatever I could think off.

Gonna start claiming my other long ass sentences are from somewhere else too?

But fuck it, will try to practice self control on the urge of discussing social and political issues

I will remain an anti-feminist, already do I classify myself as a level one MGTOW. Fuck the collective guilt I keep on having to hear of

My opinion, I will still keep trying to research my issues profoundly.

And remember you all accepted that I am hear to challenge my beliefs and thoughts so show it then. After all challenging and battling our thoughts with others is how we develop the belief systems inside of us. Hell call me a troll, an alt-righter or whatever other shit. I don't care and the name calling perhaps just empowers me

Instead will try to discuss more niche topics such as automotive, sports, gaming or whatever other trendy shit.

Last edited by Luciano700; 03-20-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:45 AM

Also, I'd love to know what Possum Pie is. Maybe more of a So. Ark thing? I grew up on the opposite end of the state (NE Ark) and never heard of this.

ETA: Luciano700 - FFS, learn English and write in it, please.

Last edited by Great Antibob; 03-20-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:47 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinastasia View Post
Everyone on 4chan has autism, I think -- isn't it a requirement for signing up nowadays?
Thanks, at least those neckbeards are not Mickey D's whales

Ok, ditching off the satire sentence, look I tend to poorly research my things, why? Because the internet is huge and sometimes you can't just find everything right away. So, I will try to resist posting political and social issues, but I will keep researching. After all is only 2 more years before I can legally vote anyways. But will try to not discuss them for awhile, as is already damaging my reputation big time. Like most forums for me.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:48 AM
Charter Member

What do you mean by “I never claimed it was mine?” ‘Cos the first response to it was “You didn’t write that,” to which you replied “Yes I did, sir.”
Old 03-20-2018, 12:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Antibob View Post
Also, I'd love to know what Possum Pie is. Maybe more of a So. Ark thing? I grew up on the opposite end of the state (NE Ark) and never heard of this.

I was actually writing that in a rush, sorry.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:51 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
What do you mean by “I never claimed it was mine?” ‘Cos the first response to it was “You didn’t write that,” to which you replied “Yes I did, sir.”
I wrote it, doesn't mean everything that I always type is originally mine. Always try to even research my stuff sometimes before posting and even copy-type some sentences from a page, try to at least edit some off, and I do this mostly for things I can vaguely remember anyways.

But I literally typed that myself. You even admitted into seeing some edits.

Last edited by Luciano700; 03-20-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Thanks, at least those neckbeards are not Mickey D's whales

Ok, ditching off the satire sentence, look I tend to poorly research my things, why? Because the internet is huge and sometimes you can't just find everything right away. So, I will try to resist posting political and social issues, but I will keep researching. After all is only 2 more years before I can legally vote anyways. But will try to not discuss them for awhile, as is already damaging my reputation big time. Like most forums for me.
Please keep doing it here. Sending you elsewhere would potentially be spreading your idiocy to people less equipped to recognize and resist it. Here, we at least get something to point and laugh at.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:55 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Please keep doing it here. Sending you elsewhere would potentially be spreading your idiocy to people less equipped to recognize and resist it. Here, we at least get something to point and laugh at.
Nah thank you, I rather let haters be haters

As much as I am trying to pull off a "badass" vibe with this post, who's really to say where I can and can't post?
Old 03-20-2018, 12:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I wrote it, doesn't mean everything that I always type is originally mine.
Around here, it DOES. And if (despite my strong doubts), this is the first time youíve been given an inkling of that, consider this an invitation to get with the program.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:58 AM

Quote:

Possum pie is a cream pie with a layer of chocolate hiding between a layer of vanilla cream and a cream cheese layer topped with meringue. Very good.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:58 AM

Wow, already a warning to read the board rules and then basically admits not doing just that.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and read the board rules. Then, maybe lurk for a while to get a lay of the land.

Or don't. I could use a laugh as much as the next person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
Possum pie is a cream pie with a layer of chocolate hiding between a layer of vanilla cream and a cream cheese layer topped with meringue. Very good.
That does sounds good. We did more Mississippi Mud where we were.

Last edited by Great Antibob; 03-20-2018 at 12:59 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:59 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Around here, it DOES. And if (despite my strong doubts), this is the first time youíve been given an inkling of that, consider this an invitation to get with the program.
Well, until then promise I will resist posting topics regarding political, social and world issues. I will keep conducting my research and know what I am posting.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Nah thank you, I rather let haters be haters

As much as I am trying to pull off a "badass" vibe with this post, who's really to say where I can and can't post?
Not me, thatís for sure. I wouldnít be a mod here if I lost a bet where the loser had to be a mod here.

And, not to be a junior mod about it, but the moderators/admins are really to say where you can and canít post (at least wrt this message board).
Old 03-20-2018, 01:01 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Wow, already a warning to read the board rules and then basically admits not doing just that.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and read the board rules. Then, maybe lurk for a while to get a lay of the land.

Or don't. I could use a laugh as much as the next person.

That does sounds good. We did more Mississippi Mud where we were.
Great have a laugh, what else do you want? A dollar? A cookie? A Tesla?