Old 03-12-2018, 01:48 AM

How is that that as soon as the dishwasher's running, more dishes magically appear in the sink?
Old 03-12-2018, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I get invites to sign up for AARP and flyers to pre-plan my funeral weekly. I think someone may be trying to tell me something.
I've been getting those with clockwork ever since my 50th birthday. I could've probably wallpapered a room with them by now if I'd saved them.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:03 AM

ANOTHER NOR'EASTER?!?!? REALLY?!? UP TO, AND POSSIBLY MORE THAN A FOOT OF HEAVY WET SNOW?!?

What about the people who are just emerging from the damage wrought by the last nor'easter?!?!? Some communities didn't get their power back on until YESTERDAY and they're probably going to lose it again.

I guess one good thing is that the tides aren't supposed to be as dramatic as they were during the last two nor'easters so the people on the coast can breathe a little easier.

Last edited by kiz; 03-12-2018 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:11 AM

Am I the only person on the planet who can injure themselves while sleeping?? I have this spot under my left shoulder blade that gets tweaked some times, and it sends shooting pain up my neck and all the way down my arm. (No, it's not really a heart attack.) I somehow manage to move it in juuuuuuust the wrong way in my sleep about every other month. Last month, it was so bad I couldn't stand up. I work in veterinary medicine so I NEED both arms to be fully functional to work.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz View Post
I've been getting those with clockwork ever since my 50th birthday. I could've probably wallpapered a room with them by now if I'd saved them.
Yeah, I started getting AARP stuff recently.

I'm 36.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
ANOTHER NOR'EASTER?!?!? REALLY?!? UP TO, AND POSSIBLY MORE THAN A FOOT OF HEAVY WET SNOW?!?

What about the people who are just emerging from the damage wrought by the last nor'easter?!?!? Some communities didn't get their power back on until YESTERDAY and they're probably going to lose it again.

I guess one good thing is that the tides aren't supposed to be as dramatic as they were during the last two nor'easters so the people on the coast can breathe a little easier.
Sooner or later, we are going to run out of trees to fall over. Meanwhile, I have my bread, milk and eggs for emergency french toast/
Old 03-12-2018, 10:18 AM

All I can say is Thank God for gas stoves.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:51 AM

My body decided it hates me on Friday night. I'd been eating incredibly healthy all week long last week, so Friday night, after my husband and I had had a pretty shitty week, we decided to indulge in a glass of wine and a bowl of ice cream. I didn't really think anything of it.

Then 45 minutes later, my nose was so clogged up I couldn't breathe through it, I started sneezing uncontrollably and my chest began to tighten. I also had stomach issues so bad my poor husband slept in a different room. I waited, it didn't get worse and eventually I was able to fall asleep. When I woke up in the morning, I was incredibly congested, still had stomach problems and my throat was slightly swollen. All of which cleared up throughout the day.

So I called my doc and she's thinking I probably developed an allergy to alcohol, sugar, preservatives or dairy or some combination. All of which she's recommended I avoid for at least a week or two before slowly introducing bits into my diet to see what happens. What the fuck? I swear to god, I hit my 40s and my fucking body has begun to fall apart unless I actually take care of it, and it sucks.

On the bright side, when I'm diligent about eating well, I feel amazing and more clear-headed than I have in months. And I've eaten a shit-load more vegetables than I have in previous years because otherwise my body will apparently attack me. On the not-so-bright side, I really, really, really miss queso.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
ANOTHER NOR'EASTER?!?!? REALLY?!? UP TO, AND POSSIBLY MORE THAN A FOOT OF HEAVY WET SNOW?!?\
There you have it. Global warming is a hoax!

Seriously though, hope you make it through with no damage.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim314 View Post
Yeah, I started getting AARP stuff recently.

I'm 36.
My daughter has received 3 mailings so far. She's 15.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Projammer View Post
Why did I have a package of cookie dough in the fridge that expired in 2016?
I didn't know refrigerators had expiration dates.

You should've gotten a Samsung.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:51 PM

My SUV is new bought it in July '17. It is the shop again (4th) for what's shaping to be a minor issue with the electronics. If you turn on the heater the volume on the radio goes low and won't turn up. So it's freeze or not hear tunes. Stupid Ford. I saw the dealer who sold me the car and he came running up and asking, "How's your Escape doing, dontcha love it??". So I let loose on him, I expressed every issue I have had since buying it, he started to try and back away and I followed him into the show room with my list of grievances. I almost felt sorry for him, but he asked, after all. One good thing, the service manager over heard some of this and walked up and asked me several pointed questions, he thinks part of the computerized something-or-another doo-hickey may be defective. He is gonna run a diagnostic on it. See it pays to be a squeaky wheel sometimes. Yay, for my big mouth!!

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 03-12-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dung Beetle View Post
Oh purplehorseshoe! Sorry to hear that!

We've been seeing a lot of wolf spiders in the house lately. 1. Dead in the living room. 2. Alive in the living room. 3. Alive in the bathroom! 4. Dead by the nightstand. I'm seeing a pattern here and I don't like it.
We used to get a lot of wolf spiders in our old house. I guess that's to be expected when your back yard butts up against a big field. I remember my stepdaughter coming down the stairs one morning and yelling at the top of her lungs "Oh my God that's the biggest spider I've ever seen in my life!" And yeah, it was pretty big. I opened the front door and ushered him out. I'd rather have spiders than roaches any day!
Old 03-12-2018, 01:10 PM

Thanks all confirming that my (former) doctors office does indeed suck. I spend so much time wondering if its me with the unrealistic expectations. I do have good insurance and can go somewhere else and a good friend recommended his doctors who he says are awesome. I just have to ovary up (heh) and call them. I might need to borrow a few because mine are somewhere in the vicinity of my rib cage just thinking about. Stooopid anxiety.

My rant for today is why my above friend continues to scare the living bejeebus out of his wife and us. His wife had to rush home from work to take him to the hospital last night because he had a head ache so bad he was having blurred vision. My friend has many health problems so every one scares us more. He is only 44 and has been dealt a bad case of genetics and circumstances. My husband and I are super close to this couple so we went to the ER to support them and didn't get home until 1230 am and had to get up at the crack of ass (aka 0430). I have absolutely no regrets for going and would do it again in a heart beat. I dont even mind the sleep deprivation. I just hate watching them go through this. He can't maintain either steady schooling or a job because of health crisis after health crisis. He would if he could. His wife works retail as much as possible but can only get in so many hours per company policy. He was discharged after a couple of hours and diagnosed with migraines after a myriad of tests including a lumbar puncture (shudder). I actually got to watch that with hiswife and I will NOT be signing up for that any time soon. Glad he is home and safe and feeling much better today, but yeah that sucked for them.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
How is that that as soon as the dishwasher's running, more dishes magically appear in the sink?
That's an easy one. Loading and starting a dishwasher is such tedious drudgery that, having accomplished it, you are entitled to a nice snack. Maybe a freshly cut slice of that sharp cheddar cheese you've been saving since Christmas (thanks for having that delivered, MIL!). On second thought, that cheese would make a superb grilled cheese sandwich, so, out come the butter knife to butter the bread, and a skillet onto the stovetop. And what's a grilled cheese sandwich without a nice hot bowl of tomato soup? Let me just get this saucepan out, and dump in a can of Campbell's tomato soup. I'll need a wooden spoon to stir in the milk, and a bowl and soup spoon to eat it with, plus a ladle to serve it.

HEY, HONEY? I'M MAKING A SNACK! YOU WANT A GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH AND A BOWL OF TOMATO SOUP? NO, IT'S NOT TROUBLE AT ALL! YOU WANT A GLASS OF MILK WITH THAT? OKAY, IT'LL BE READY IN ABOUT TEN MINUTES, I'LL GIVE YOU A HOLLER!

Thirty minutes later, the dishwasher is on its first rinse cycle, and the kitchen sink is occupied by: a saucepan, a butter knife, two soup bowls, two salad plates, two soup spoons, two glasses, a cheese wire, a ladle, and a wooden spoon. If the skillet is properly seasoned, it doesn't go into the sink; just wipe it out with a paper towel, and put it away.

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 03-12-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 01:31 PM

That was eerily accurate.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post

HEY, HONEY? I'M MAKING A SNACK! YOU WANT A GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH AND A BOWL OF TOMATO SOUP? NO, IT'S NOT TROUBLE AT ALL! YOU WANT A GLASS OF MILK WITH THAT? OKAY, IT'LL BE READY IN ABOUT TEN MINUTES, I'LL GIVE YOU A HOLLER!
oh, you watch "Old People Agree with Arnold Palmer" too?
Old 03-12-2018, 02:54 PM

actually I've been on senior care/groups lists since I was 15 because the state of ca and social security decided that anyone who was getting ssi/ssa/retirement due to disability can get Medicare

I've spent hours on the phone telling them I don't qualify for their stuff/programs because of my age ..

Last edited by nightshadea; 03-12-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I get invites to sign up for AARP and flyers to pre-plan my funeral weekly. I think someone may be trying to tell me something.

Now that AARP has noticed you, you will never get away.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
actually I've been on senior care/groups lists since I was 15 because the state of ca and social security decided that anyone who was getting ssi/ssa/retirement due to disability can get Medicare

I've spent hours on the phone telling them I don't qualify for their stuff/programs because of my age ..
Ditto. I get calls every day, letting me know of all the free stuff I can get, like hoverounds, hearing aids, etc. I get Medicare by virtue of being on dialysis. I quit trying to tell them I don't need their stuff, but still the calls come. Now I either don't answer, or just hang up.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:07 PM
Mere Member

How are you doing these days, MissTake?
Old 03-12-2018, 10:36 PM

My ex has decided she's got the religion, and is having my 8 year-old son baptised against my wishes.

Which is fucking infuriating, because while he has no idea what he's doing, she knows exactly what fuck she's doing.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicks Ate View Post
she knows exactly what fuck she's doing.
Typo still correct.
Old 03-12-2018, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Typo still correct.
I had to read that about 9 times in order to see it!
Old 03-12-2018, 11:08 PM

I cut an onion up in a small dice for a recipe. I started weeping immediately. I put the onion in a ziplock. In the fridge. Cleaned up the board and knife. I washed my hands several times. I have a stainless steel bar that purportedly gets smells off your hands. Doesn't work. This is the most pungent onion I've encountered lately. I had to take the half full trash bag outside. I sprayed febreeze and lit a candle. I am still weeping several hours later. I went out with the dogs for an hour or so, it got better. I came back in the smell nearly knocked me over. Sprayed febreeze again, wash the sink out again.i decided it's better so I opened the fridge to get a water. Holy Hell it smelt like onion city. Took the baggie of onion out to an old fridge we have in the carport and came back in. So guess what, it's 10pm and I am cleaning the fridge with baking soda. I am thinking about breaking out the vinegar. And, oh, I am still weeping. Why do I have to live?
Old 03-12-2018, 11:18 PM

Are you sure it isn't just the smell stuck in your nose?
Old 03-13-2018, 12:01 AM

I don't know. But this shit is killing me. I think the fridge is cured of the offense. I just took a shower and held my face in warm water. I am even scrubbed my hands with deorderant soap. I think I have killed the smell on me.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
My ex has decided she's got the religion, and is having my 8 year-old son baptised against my wishes.

Which is fucking infuriating, because while he has no idea what he's doing, she knows exactly what fuck she's doing.
Oh, shit. I really hope you can come to a place* where you say "Hey, it's not like anything magical is going to happen, so if I don't believe in it, then it's harmless, and I'm going to spend the time thanking all the gods that she's an ex."

*like a friend of mine in a similar situation... but she's the mom and they're actually happily married (with a few major differences, but they're talking them out... like this one). She's rolling her eyes and muttering "No harm, no foul. No harm, no foul..."
Old 03-13-2018, 07:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I cut an onion up in a small dice for a recipe. I started weeping immediately. I put the onion in a ziplock. In the fridge. Cleaned up the board and knife. I washed my hands several times. I have a stainless steel bar that purportedly gets smells off your hands. Doesn't work. This is the most pungent onion I've encountered lately. I had to take the half full trash bag outside. I sprayed febreeze and lit a candle. I am still weeping several hours later. I went out with the dogs for an hour or so, it got better. I came back in the smell nearly knocked me over. Sprayed febreeze again, wash the sink out again.i decided it's better so I opened the fridge to get a water. Holy Hell it smelt like onion city. Took the baggie of onion out to an old fridge we have in the carport and came back in. So guess what, it's 10pm and I am cleaning the fridge with baking soda. I am thinking about breaking out the vinegar. And, oh, I am still weeping. Why do I have to live?
Is it possible that you were an onion in a past life, an through an incredibly implausible series of events and coincidences, the onion you were chopping was descended directly from a seed you produced?

You gotta admit, the notion lends a new and poignant dimension to the term “an old family recipe”...

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 03-13-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:56 AM

Beckdawrek, I've had "overly smelly onion" issues before. In my experience the older the onion, the more pungent it is. Ditto garlic. The aroma doesn't bother me but it bothers me knowing other people and my dogs will probably recoil from it. There's really nothing you can do about it AFAIK except wash yourself.

The other thing you could try the next time was recommended to me by a hypersensitive-to-odor friend: Peel the onion and briefly run it under cold water before cutting it. The water supposedly suppresses the odor. I can't verify this myself because I've never tried it, but it couldn't hurt.

THIRD NOR'EASTER OF THE YEAR HAS STARTED IN EARNEST. We're now in the "blizzard warning" area. 16-20" by the time it's over late tonight. It rained for a bit before the snow started so the snow's the wet and heavy type. If the temperature drops the world will be an ice skating rink underneath it all and we didn't realize we ran out of ice melt until late last night :headdesk:
Old 03-13-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena330 View Post
How are you doing these days, MissTake?
Meh. Just "celebrated" my 6th anniversary of being on the transplant list. My daughter is (finally) moving out, but is moving 3 hours away. I'm already simultaneously anxious for her to go and missing her like mad. Overall, I'm just tired.
Thank you for asking - I'm used to being pretty invisible
Old 03-13-2018, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylasdad99 View Post
Is it possible that you were an onion in a past life, an through an incredibly implausible series of events and coincidences, the onion you were chopping was descended directly from a seed you produced?

You gotta admit, the notion lends a new and poignant dimension to the term “an old family recipe”...
Yea, I pretty sure that was it. I will keep that in mind. As *kiz* said it was probably an elderly onion. This time of year before new crops are in, it is a real thing.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:48 PM
Mere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTake View Post
Meh. Just "celebrated" my 6th anniversary of being on the transplant list. My daughter is (finally) moving out, but is moving 3 hours away. I'm already simultaneously anxious for her to go and missing her like mad. Overall, I'm just tired.
Thank you for asking - I'm used to being pretty invisible
I think we're all invisible to some extent. It's sometimes difficult for me to remember people when the only distinguishing features are words on a screen that look just like everyone else's! We don't even have avatars. Anyway, the status quo isn't always a bad thing, although I hope you get that transplant soon. It's certainly been long enough.

ETA: I hate raw onions! I've really tried to get over it. I have a juicer and drink a lot of vegetable juice because I have trouble digesting insoluble fiber (thanks, cancer), and I got a very small onion in a dollar bag of vegetables I bought at the fruit stand. I decided to give it a try because some vegetables have surprised me with their wonderful flavor (cabbage!). That one small onion has stankified a couple QUARTS of mixed fruit/vegetable juice. My gosh. I've tried to bury it in carrot juice, apple juice, celery juice. Nothing works. I'm not going to toss the juice but NO MORE ONIONS.

Last edited by Helena330; 03-13-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:23 PM

I like raw onions fine.

There was however the time I decided to brew up a homemade bug spray in the blender using garlic and hot peppers. Gassed me and Mrs. J. right out of the kitchen.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
I like raw onions fine.

There was however the time I decided to brew up a homemade bug spray in the blender using garlic and hot peppers. Gassed me and Mrs. J. right out of the kitchen.
I grew a bumper crop of hot cayenne peppers once, and the late Other Shoe wanted to oven-toast and then grind them. We ... basically pepper sprayed ourselves right outta the house.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:42 PM

On the 26th, I get to have a CT Scan to determine if my bladder pain and sporadic blood is just kidney or bladder stones, or if it's something worse. Luckily for me, the scan won't show everything, so I also get to have a cystoscopy. Awwww yeah.
On the bright side, I'm getting married on the 23rd to my SO of 5 1/2 years, who's smart, funny, interesting, fun, beautiful and 23 years my junior.

So yeah, fuck March, but with a clean dildo. Not the February dildo, which is rusty and misshapen
Old 03-13-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digs View Post
Oh, shit. I really hope you can come to a place* where you say "Hey, it's not like anything magical is going to happen, so if I don't believe in it, then it's harmless, and I'm going to spend the time thanking all the gods that she's an ex."

*like a friend of mine in a similar situation... but she's the mom and they're actually happily married (with a few major differences, but they're talking them out... like this one). She's rolling her eyes and muttering "No harm, no foul. No harm, no foul..."
The act of doing it doesn't bother me, and even though I'd have it differently I guess even her taking him to church isn't horrible (though I am not going to have to step up my religions-of-the-world education game). But this is an entire step further, and it's being and will continue to be used against me.

She asked last night if I would like to attend or invite my parents. Well hell no on both counts. I can bet you 12 dollars right now when I pick my son up tomorrow, or maybe in the near future, he'll ask and be upset that we're not coming. Because she will tell him that I won't let us go.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:40 PM

Some background for my rant: I work in scheduling for a bunch of different doctor's offices.

Mothers of small children, please put yourself on your child's HIPAA form at his/her/its pediatrician's office. I don't care if you're the one who always brings him/her/it to appointments. If you don't have yourself listed on that HIPAA I cannot speak to you about your child's appointments or or change them on your say-so. Why? Well, first of all it's the law and second of all I don't know what's going on in your family. I don't know if you have custody, if you're just calling to rearrange appointments to screw with your ex, or if you're a full-out psycho bitch like the mothers of several people I know. I'm sure you're a very nice person but you forgot to put your own name on the HIPAA so you're SOL.

Likewise if you're married and there's ever a chance your spouse is going to have to call the doctor's office for you, list them on your HIPAA. It makes your life and mine much easier.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
I grew a bumper crop of hot cayenne peppers once, and the late Other Shoe wanted to oven-toast and then grind them. We ... basically pepper sprayed ourselves right outta the house.
Try growing horseradish roots and rending them down into sauce. Better yet, don't try that. Once I was able to go back inside I had to wash every single blanket, sheet, comforter, pillow etc. in the place. It took weeks of work to get the couch to stop stinking.

MissTake, I am also glad that you are on status quo. When [Helena330B][/B] posted that message, I also suddenly started wondering what was happening. I suer hope you get off the transplant list soon. (by getting a transplant!)
Old 03-13-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlined View Post
Try growing horseradish roots and rending them down into sauce. Better yet, don't try that. Once I was able to go back inside I had to wash every single blanket, sheet, comforter, pillow etc. in the place. It took weeks of work to get the couch to stop stinking.

MissTake, I am also glad that you are on status quo. When [Helena330B][/B] posted that message, I also suddenly started wondering what was happening. I suer hope you get off the transplant list soon. (by getting a transplant!)
I'm do glad you brought this up, because it sounds like something I would try.

How was the sauce?
Old 03-13-2018, 10:37 PM

I've successfully avoided helping friends with their smelly hobbies... especially the ones that I might end up getting hooked on. I have a friend whose wife has to leave the house for a weekend when he brews beer (not sure why his is so pungent).

MY wife should be grateful that my hobbies are relatively cheap and smell-free (other than the haunting notes of vanillin and new-mown grass that a vintage comic book offers up when it's opened... and savored).
Old 03-13-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dung Beetle View Post
Okay, you guys got it worse than me, but...

I cannot get my glasses adjusted properly! I've developed a sore spot behind my right ear where the earpiece is pressing. I took it back to the shop so they could put my glasses in their fancy-schmancy little heater doohickey and do a professional reshaping, but the guy just took them in his hands and twisted them around. Well, hell, I can do that at home!

So I have been bending the damn things around but my ear is so tender now I near about yelp when I touch it. I need to take some time off from wearing these glasses, but gee, I can't seem to find a week when I don't need to freakin' SEE.
I can pretty safely guess what's going on. There's cartilage on the back of the ear that will become painfully pretty quickly if the temple touches it at all. Even if you were an experienced optician, it's nearly impossible to fix the problem for yourself, because you need to be able to actually see where the temple sits behind the ear to fix the problem.

The "fancy-schmancy little heater doohickey's" purpose is to soften plastics enough so they can bend without breaking. It's only necessary on thicker, more brittle plastics, and has nothing to do with a professional reshaping. In fact, if used with a frame that doesn't need it it can damage the frame pretty badly. That's all on the skills of the optician. If you even had a real optician. Most states have no kind of credentialing or licensure to ensure that the person adjusting your specs actually knows how to adjust them. There is a voluntary national certification, ABO (American Board of Opticianry), and I always recommend making sure the optician is certified before trusting them with your eyewear. (I was a certified optician for 15 years.)
Old 03-13-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
I'm do glad you brought this up, because it sounds like something I would try.

How was the sauce?
I don't know how the sauce was because while I was frantically to do something, anything to stop the mustard gas, it got pitched. It still in the pan ended up getting double bagged and taken to a store dumpster because I didn't want my garbage picker up guys to go on strike.

I really don't think you would do it because you are a pretty smart person who might look recipes up online, or if using the recipe from an 1861 farmers wife's cookbook would notice that those folks always rendered their horse radish OUTSIDE! If you do a little more research, you will learn that the horseradish factory workers wear hazmat suits for a very good reason.

I'm not sure why your friend's beer is so pungent, my BB is a brewer and unless you get right up to the bottles there is no odor at all. BB brews DARK beer, maybe your friend brews light beer and puts things like peppers and spices in them?

Now, speaking of my BB...he is a suicidal idiot. He thinks its funny to do such things as look in the window while I am taking a shower to scare me. It always works, but seeing as how I am alone most of the times, and know that when seconds matter, the police are only minutes away, the first thing I go for is a gun. Last time he did this, he came home unexpectedly, knocked on the bedroom window waking me up from a dead sleep and got a shotgun pointed at his face.

This time, I was in the clear glass shower and he scratched at the clear glass window over the tub. Cue me screaming while I hopped out of the shower and covered the bathroom with water while running to the closet to grab the shotgun. By the time I got back to the window, he was on the ground laughing like a loon.

When the bitching commenced, he said he knew he was safe because I was awake and had time to think about what I was doing before I made it back to the window. He knows that I wouldn't shoot without a clear target and an obvious and immediate threat which also means I would have time to have recognized him.

He's going to get shot some day and it will be all his fault. Is it OK for me to have some of you guys dispositioned by my defense attorney?

Last edited by flatlined; 03-13-2018 at 11:43 PM. Reason: because the kittens keep running over the keyboard to play with my fingers
Old 03-13-2018, 11:58 PM

Crap.
Stephen Hawking has died.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:04 AM
Charter Member

Speaking for myself, I'm generally of a disposition to do anything you ask (and I think the word you were seeking is depositioned [or deposed]).

ETA: Normally, I'd be inclined to snap at you for interrupting me, but Stephen Hawking?

Fuck.

Last edited by kaylasdad99; 03-14-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:11 AM

I really, really hate people who go around being snotty and hateful for no reason, other than they think they are so smart. You can always Google for answers you need quickly, so why do you insist on asking dumb questions and getting pissed when you get answers. Stupid, stupid.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:12 AM

Quote:
I really, really hate people who go around being snotty and hateful for no reason, other than they think they are so smart. You can always Google for answers you need quickly, so why do you insist on asking dumb questions and getting pissed when you get answers. Stupid, stupid.
Not feeling the hate here. There are no dumb questions and being snotty and hateful is tripling and quadrupling down when your answer doesn't really address the question appropriately. This is why you get pushback from some people.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:21 AM

Stench. Hooboy. When my dad's stepmother died, we all gathered at the house. My dad and one uncle went into the basement, just to see what all was down there. It had a dirt floor that she had buried crocks into. Filled with sauerkraut. That she had made at least 10 years prior. My dad opened one.
Cleared the house in NO time flat. My dad had to take multiple showers to rid himself of the stank.
It was very difficult to sell the house, suffice it to say.
A few years ago, my mom asked me to make sauerkraut pieroghis. I opened the just bought at the deli sauerkraut and...nope. I still cannot handle the smell at all.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Thanks, Doug K. This past weekend my glasses pained me so much I decided to take the earpiece off and replace it with the one from my old pair of comfortable glasses (same frame). Well, that was a huge mistake. I worked on those glasses for about an hour, then my husband took a turn, but we could not get that wee screw back in the wee hole. Eventually we had to go to Lenscrafters. The customer service lady (probably not a real optician) put the glasses back together in about two minutes. By then they looked like they'd been run over by a car, so she had to stick them in the heater and wrestle them into submission. They still hurt a bit, but I think there's been improvement, and anyway, I'm just so grateful to have them back in one piece, I'll try to cope better!
Old 03-14-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochrane View Post
Not feeling the hate here. There are no dumb questions and being snotty and hateful is tripling and quadrupling down when your answer doesn't really address the question appropriately. This is why you get pushback from some people.
I left the thread, it's all over. I won't bother that OP again. I was making a kind suggestion. I bowed down when he suggested he didn't want that song. Other people became snotty. I defended my choice in a friendly way.
I came to the pit and ranted.
If you Google 'American Pie' it comes up as a patriotic song. My suggestion is valid. But to each his own. I don't care what songs the OP uses.