Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16901  
Old 09-22-2014, 11:18 PM
MacCat's Avatar
MacCat is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGlutton View Post
Rap. Can't pin that on him, it goes too far back.
Well sure, if you want to bring up facts and stuff.
  #16902  
Old 09-22-2014, 11:45 PM
elucidator is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 60,334
Some guy was trying to tell me that Obama was responsible for the brown acid at Woodstock! I told the dumbass that was fucking impossible because he was born August 4, 1961.

He's a Leo, so no way!

Last edited by elucidator; 09-22-2014 at 11:47 PM.
  #16903  
Old 09-22-2014, 11:57 PM
Robot Arm is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 23,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Some guy was trying to tell me that Obama was responsible for the brown acid at Woodstock! I told the dumbass that was fucking impossible because he was born August 4, 1961.

He's a Leo, so no way!
Yes, that should put an end to it. Not even Republicans would question the circumstances of Obama's birth.
  #16904  
Old 09-23-2014, 10:15 AM
yanceylebeef is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Denver City Denver
Posts: 1,847
Hey, you guys remember the GOP's lawsuit against the President?


Yeah, it's not going so well.

Last edited by yanceylebeef; 09-23-2014 at 10:16 AM.
  #16905  
Old 09-23-2014, 12:07 PM
elucidator is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 60,334
Wasn't anyway, Republicans always set aside political advantage to rally around the Commander in Chief in times of military crisis. Patriots, you know.
  #16906  
Old 09-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 19,311
Stay classy, Wisconsin

TL;DR version : a bunch of self-styled militia guys are planning on showing up armed at polling places in heavy Democrat districts on the day of the upcoming gubernatorial election; also on harassing "obviously Democrats voters" - I'm sorry, "uneducated people" who have "a look about them". You know. That look. The errr...skin condition. Theeere you go - and even more specifically the people who signed the petition to have Walker recalled back in 2012.

They further warn that members of their group are not to be approached aggressively, as they plan on being trigger happy. I'm sure this will all end well.
  #16907  
Old 09-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,761
"Terrorists ... are not attacking us ... because they are so pleased with the way things are going under President Obama.”
  #16908  
Old 09-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 16,548
You'd think that they'd refrain from attacking us if they were happy with how things are going under Obama.
  #16909  
Old 09-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,761
This is the same guy who was just saying last week that Obama wants ISIS to attack the US so he can impose martial law and take over the country. He apparently can't make up his mind.

Hercules: "the National Football League (NFL) could not be expected to hold anyone accountable for mistakes in handling domestic violence scandals as longs as the White House was not held responsible for the terrorist attacks in Benghazi."
  #16910  
Old 09-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,761
Michele Bachmann: "Phyllis Schlalfly is the most influential woman of the last fifty years. She caused the end of the Cold War."
  #16911  
Old 09-23-2014, 03:05 PM
BigAppleBucky's Avatar
BigAppleBucky is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
This is the same guy who was just saying last week that Obama wants ISIS to attack the US so he can impose martial law and take over the country. He apparently can't make up his mind.
On the ninth he said Obama was hoping for an attack and on the 23rd, apparently after no attack for two weeks, he was disappointed and said the reason must be the terrorists like the way Obama is running things.

Both propositions fit this stupidity thread perfectly, but they're not contradictory.
  #16912  
Old 09-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Ann Hedonia's Avatar
Ann Hedonia is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
FOX commentator thinks the US should start profiling Muslims, praises the use of internment camps against the Japanese during World War II.

I wonder if he wants the US to start interning Arab Christians, too?
I find the prat where he advocates nuking city centers even more disturbing than his advocacy of interment camps.
  #16913  
Old 09-23-2014, 03:23 PM
Smapti is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 16,548
Wait, I thought it was Reagan what did that.
  #16914  
Old 09-23-2014, 03:27 PM
Acsenray is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 36,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
Stay classy, Wisconsin

TL;DR version : a bunch of self-styled militia guys are planning on showing up armed at polling places in heavy Democrat districts on the day of the upcoming gubernatorial election; also on harassing "obviously Democrats voters" - I'm sorry, "uneducated people" who have "a look about them". You know. That look. The errr...skin condition. Theeere you go - and even more specifically the people who signed the petition to have Walker recalled back in 2012.

They further warn that members of their group are not to be approached aggressively, as they plan on being trigger happy. I'm sure this will all end well.

This seems to be a hoax.
__________________
*I'm experimenting with E, em, and es and emself as pronouns that do not indicate any specific gender nor exclude any specific gender.
  #16915  
Old 09-23-2014, 03:33 PM
yanceylebeef is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Denver City Denver
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acsenray View Post
This seems to be a hoax.
How So?
  #16916  
Old 09-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Rick Kitchen's Avatar
Rick Kitchen is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Citrus Heights, CA, USA
Posts: 17,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
Wait, I thought it was Reagan what did that.
According to Bachmann, it's because of Schlafly that Reagan was elected, and therefore it's because of Schlalfly that the Cold War ended.
  #16917  
Old 09-23-2014, 03:50 PM
BrainGlutton is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 78,508
Rachel Maddow did a story on MSNBC showing how the Koch brothers funded the movement to drug-test welfare recipients in Florida. Their lawyers (without denying the charges) sent her a script with instructions to read it on the air. As if.
  #16918  
Old 09-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Acsenray is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 36,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanceylebeef View Post
How So?

Doing a quick search, I didn't find any actual group of that name. Just a site that occasionally pops up on Facebook, possibly just to troll liberals and Democrats. I could be wrong.
__________________
*I'm experimenting with E, em, and es and emself as pronouns that do not indicate any specific gender nor exclude any specific gender.
  #16919  
Old 09-23-2014, 05:36 PM
elucidator is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 60,334
Maybe a hoax, maybe not, but these guys are going to strap on and go intimidate black folks when they are outnumbered? And I am the Queen of Romania....
  #16920  
Old 09-23-2014, 06:11 PM
kaylasdad99 is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 32,620
Hahahahaha!

Oh, Michele, you're the savior who's going to keep America's comedy lamp burning, now that Joan Rivers has left us!

Now do Erzsébet Báthory!
  #16921  
Old 09-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 19,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Maybe a hoax, maybe not, but these guys are going to strap on and go intimidate black folks when they are outnumbered? And I am the Queen of Romania....
Never underestimate the stupid. As Lino Ventua quipped, "Dumbasses will dare anything. That's how you know they're dumbasses, even".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascenray
Doing a quick search, I didn't find any actual group of that name. Just a site that occasionally pops up on Facebook, possibly just to troll liberals and Democrats. I could be wrong.
The article says Rush plugged their petition signatories database site thingy on air, I guess that'd be one place to look ? Can't be arsed myself of course.

Nevermind, hoax indeed.

Last edited by Kobal2; 09-23-2014 at 06:32 PM.
  #16922  
Old 09-23-2014, 06:48 PM
elucidator is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 60,334
Good!
  #16923  
Old 09-23-2014, 07:56 PM
zoid's Avatar
zoid is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Chicago Il
Posts: 10,338
And I was SO looking forward to addressing elucidator as "Her Majesty"
  #16924  
Old 09-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 19,311
Ain't no rule sez you can't do that anyway.
  #16925  
Old 09-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Morgyn is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In the time stream
Posts: 5,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoid View Post
And I was SO looking forward to addressing elucidator as "Her Majesty"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post
Ain't no rule sez you can't do that anyway.
Except elucidator might prefer "His Majesty". Being male and all.

<sotto voce> That is what the dangly bits mean, right? </sv>
  #16926  
Old 09-23-2014, 08:37 PM
elucidator is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 60,334
You could do worse than an absolute ruler of benign and generous depravity. Point of fact, you have....
  #16927  
Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Muffin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Great White North
Posts: 20,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
Wait, I thought it was Reagan what did that.
Reagan did Schlafly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
According to Bachmann, it's because of Schlafly that Reagan was elected, and therefore it's because of Schlalfly that the Cold War ended.
It's because of Schlafly that Reagan was erected?

I guess they tried to warm things up and thereby ended the cold war.
  #16928  
Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 PM
eschereal's Avatar
eschereal is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Frogstar World B
Posts: 16,844
Well, you did use "...strap on..." and "...I am the queen..." very close together in one post, what are we supposed to think?
  #16929  
Old 09-24-2014, 06:30 AM
Muffin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Great White North
Posts: 20,726
Probably not the best idea to play fast and loose with campaign finance laws. The nutter who went after Obama through "The Roots of Obama's Rage" and "2016: Obama's America" has been convicted.
  #16930  
Old 09-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Muffin is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Great White North
Posts: 20,726
GOP white supremacist and anti-medicaid nutter Russell Pearce has a new plan to revitalize his career following his being recalled as Arizona Senate President: “You put me in charge of Medicaid, the first thing I’d do is get Norplant, birth-control implants, or tubal ligations. Then we’ll test recipients for drugs and alcohol, and if you want to [reproduce] or use drugs or alcohol, then get a job.” His first step in moving the GOP forward with his plan was to then resign as its first vice-chair due to plagiarism, claiming the words he said on air were not his: “I shared comments written by someone else and failed to attribute them to the author."
  #16931  
Old 09-24-2014, 09:12 AM
Abe Babe is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Afore a glowing screen
Posts: 1,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Reagan did Schlafly?

It's because of Schlafly that Reagan was erected?

I guess they tried to warm things up and thereby ended the cold war.
You do know, right, that when Reagan said he liked Jelly Bellies, he was referring to Schlafly?

Or was that Thatcher?
  #16932  
Old 09-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Morgyn is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: In the time stream
Posts: 5,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Probably not the best idea to play fast and loose with campaign finance laws. The nutter who went after Obama through "The Roots of Obama's Rage" and "2016: Obama's America" has been convicted.
And for those of us who read English but not French, link.

Also, good. Too bad the lying little weasel isn't getting actual jail time.
  #16933  
Old 09-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Boyo Jim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 36,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
GOP white supremacist and anti-medicaid nutter Russell Pearce has a new plan to revitalize his career following his being recalled as Arizona Senate President: “You put me in charge of Medicaid, the first thing I’d do is get Norplant, birth-control implants, or tubal ligations. Then we’ll test recipients for drugs and alcohol, and if you want to [reproduce] or use drugs or alcohol, then get a job.” ...
I prefer to interpret his comment as, "Get a job, and you can use any drugs you want." That is a long stride toward drug legalization.
  #16934  
Old 09-24-2014, 09:56 AM
BrainGlutton is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 78,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
GOP white supremacist and anti-medicaid nutter Russell Pearce has a new plan to revitalize his career following his being recalled as Arizona Senate President: “You put me in charge of Medicaid, the first thing I’d do is get Norplant, birth-control implants, or tubal ligations. Then we’ll test recipients for drugs and alcohol, and if you want to [reproduce] or use drugs or alcohol, then get a job.” His first step in moving the GOP forward with his plan was to then resign as its first vice-chair due to plagiarism, claiming the words he said on air were not his: “I shared comments written by someone else and failed to attribute them to the author."
I thought the GOP was against birth control these days. It's so hard to keep up . . .
  #16935  
Old 09-24-2014, 09:58 AM
running coach's Avatar
running coach is online now
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Riding my handcycle
Posts: 37,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGlutton View Post
I thought the GOP was against birth control these days. It's so hard to keep up . . .
They're not sure what they're against as long as America!

  #16936  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:01 AM
silenus's Avatar
silenus is offline
Isaiah 1:15/Screw the NRA
Charter Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 51,903
Pro birth control for the poor, indigent and differently-hued.

Anti birth control for single women in general.
  #16937  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Wolf333 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,208
Conservative school boards keep trying to rewrite history...

Quote:
School board member Julie Williams, who sponsored the proposal, said people have misinterpreted what she’s trying to do. She said she’s not trying to eliminate the facts of U.S. history but shares the concerns conservatives nationally have outlined – that AP History casts some parts of history in a negative light, such as the bombing of Hiroshima and slavery.

Heaven forbid we cast slavery in a negative light.

http://www.cpr.org/news/story/jeffco...istory-classes
  #16938  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:04 AM
Boyo Jim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 36,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGlutton View Post
I thought the GOP was against birth control these days. It's so hard to keep up . . .
Not after they were told the Norplant was named after Grover Norquist. Now it's ok!
  #16939  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Wolf333 is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGlutton View Post
I thought the GOP was against birth control these days. It's so hard to keep up . . .

Only when it's voluntary. It's okay as long as it's forced on poor people.
  #16940  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:37 AM
Truman Burbank is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: California
Posts: 2,618

Everybody warmed up, and ready for "Salutegate?"


I just can barely take it any more...

http://wonkette.com/561390/traitor-b...ain-with-a-cup

When does 'Wingnut Season' open? It's gotta be time to thin the herd...
  #16941  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:40 AM
iiandyiiii's Avatar
iiandyiiii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 36,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
I just can barely take it any more...

http://wonkette.com/561390/traitor-b...ain-with-a-cup

When does 'Wingnut Season' open? It's gotta be time to thin the herd...
With this one, I think Obama is just trolling the wingnuts.
  #16942  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:24 AM
purplehorseshoe is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 10,267
Oh, the final pic on that article just makes the whole thing complete. Beautiful.

Now, let's all re-cast the Hiroshima bombings in a positive light!
  #16943  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:40 AM
wonky's Avatar
wonky is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: DC area
Posts: 30,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
I find the prat where he advocates nuking city centers even more disturbing than his advocacy of interment camps.
Great, and fitting, typo.
  #16944  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:41 AM
YogSothoth is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 14,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf333 View Post
Conservative school boards keep trying to rewrite history...

Heaven forbid we cast slavery in a negative light.

http://www.cpr.org/news/story/jeffco...istory-classes
The time of slavery was a great time, especially for African-Americans! Employment was at an all-time high, kids had families to take care of them, no one was in jail! Sure there were beatings and rape, but at least they had jobs!
  #16945  
Old 09-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Precambrianmollusc's Avatar
Precambrianmollusc is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplehorseshoe View Post
Oh, the final pic on that article just makes the whole thing complete. Beautiful.

Now, let's all re-cast the Hiroshima bombings in a positive light!
Hmm well it made a very bright light, and bright is good, must be something in the bible about that. Plus Jobs! 130,000 jobs created in the US , coupled with about 90,000 (or more) job losses in the Hiroshima area , so really it moved a lot of manufacturing jobs back to the US.
  #16946  
Old 09-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Lightray's Avatar
Lightray is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 6,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precambrianmollusc View Post
Hmm well it made a very bright light, and bright is good, must be something in the bible about that. Plus Jobs! 130,000 jobs created in the US , coupled with about 90,000 (or more) job losses in the Hiroshima area , so really it moved a lot of manufacturing jobs back to the US.
And free tans for everyone in the city! Think of how much they saved on bronzer and tanning bed sessions; that stuff can get expensive.
  #16947  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Boyo Jim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 36,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightray View Post
And free tans for everyone in the city! Think of how much they saved on bronzer and tanning bed sessions; that stuff can get expensive.
When I think about it, the Hiroshima bombing is EXACTLY like 250,000 tanning beds going berzerk at once, stuck in the on position with people unable to squirm out of them. Too bad it didn't happen in the US, where lawyers could have made the survivors huge fortunes in class-action product liability cases.
  #16948  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Uncle Jocko is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: THE Eastern IA Metropolis
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobal2 View Post

Nevermind, hoax indeed.
Oh my good Lord, I could feel the brains leaking out of my ears just visiting that page. Such visceral angry stupidity there. Not to mention, when you put something fake out on the internet, and that fake thing is picked up and reported by others, it's not the reporters who are trolling. It's you, numb nuts.

Yes, the reporters were lazy and gullible (and looking for easy page clicks, of course), but not actually trollish.

Besides, shouldn't it say something about the Tea Party/gun rights crowd that this even sounded a little plausible? Still ... check your sources, "liberal media." You're making us look bad.

Last edited by Uncle Jocko; 09-24-2014 at 01:37 PM.
  #16949  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:42 PM
Evil Captor is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lair
Posts: 20,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
Well, you did use "...strap on..." and "...I am the queen..." very close together in one post, what are we supposed to think?
I can already imagine elucidator's coronation speech:

"Under my rein, we will usher in a new era of depravity and degradation in Bathoria. Especially depravity!"

Last edited by Evil Captor; 09-24-2014 at 01:43 PM.
  #16950  
Old 09-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Kobal2's Avatar
Kobal2 is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 19,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogSosoth View Post
The time of slavery was a great time, especially for African-Americans! Employment was at an all-time high, kids had families to take care of them, no one was in jail! Sure there were beatings and rape, but at least they had jobs!
Nonsense ! Poppycock ! Balderdash ! Slavery was a dark time, maybe the darkest time in the history of America. Free transportation ! Free community housing ! Food stamps for everyone of colour, not matter how deserving ! Negro women spermjacking their masters ! All of this paid with my constituents' wealth, the sweat of their brow stolen from them along with their jobs. And by whom ? Immigrants, of course. And not just any immigrants, but negroes exclusively - a known Democrat voting block. Racist much ?
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2019 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017