Old 10-24-2016, 05:48 PM
Charter Member

1998 Honda Valkyrie (Atlanta area)

For you adventurous folks in north Georgia: up for sale is my 1998 Honda Valkyrie 1500 F6 Tourer. For those unfamiliar, this is a six-cylinder large cruiser motorcycle based on the Goldwing, but with more carbs and less fat.

It has 48xxx miles and is in very good condition. Original factory paint and hard saddlebags and windshield.

It's a heavy bike, but very quick (0-60 under 4 seconds), incredibly comfortable for two and smoooooooth.

PM me for further info and pics.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:51 PM

Damn that's a fantastic bike. If I still rode, I'd be making you an offer.

Seriously I'd take that over my old R1200.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

Funny you should say that, MikeG; I was actually recommended the R1200 (or some similar BMW variant - the touring type) by an old friend.

No doubt, the Valkyrie is a smooth, comfortable, powerful, quick bike, and surprisingly good handling considering its size and weight. The main reason I'm selling it is purely personal: I just don't feel it is a hop-on-ride-to-the-store sort of thing. Because of its size and weight, it takes a bit of maneuvering to get out of the garage, and I often feel that it is a bit of a hassle to bring it out and hit the road. That's my issue, not the bike's.

The other part is Atlanta traffic: my commute has a lot of stop and go, and a lot of slow-speed (like, 5mph) turns. It's rather cumbersome at that speed; but at 20+ it feels surprisingly light.

It's going to make someone very happy.