Quote:
Originally Posted by catflea12 View Post
he's still alive?
Huh?
Old 11-19-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
We need lots more of this.
That's pretty much all you get from conservatives. They don't care about the plight of others until those plights land in their laps.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catflea12 View Post
he's still alive?
Based on the Chris Wallace interview, it’s hard to tell. He might be brain dead.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
That's pretty much all you get from conservatives. They don't care about the plight of others until those plights land in their laps.
True. As long as they ditch thump.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Godot View Post
Do they really need 15,000 troops to handle logistics for 3,000 refugees?
And if they do need all 15,000 troops, wouldn't it make sense to put them in the right state?
According to the Anti-Defamation League, "In 2018, domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the US, a sharp increase from the 37 extremist-related murders documented in 2017....every single extremist killing — from Pittsburgh to Parkland — had a link to right-wing extremism."
Old 11-19-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Economist View Post
And if they do need all 15,000 troops, wouldn't it make sense to put them in the right state?
A state of confusion? That seems like Trump's normal mental state.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:23 PM

He put them in the right state to stir up Cruz voters.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:34 PM

Mission Accomplished!
Quote:
The Pentagon is set to begin a drawdown of its 5,800 troops from the Southwest border as early as this week, the Army commander overseeing the mission told POLITICO today — even as the approaching caravan of refugees prompted U.S. customs officers to close a port of entry near Tijuana, Mexico.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...e-home-1005510
Old 11-19-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
I hope they get home by Thursday.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Would like to note that it's not Texans who freak about Hispanics as the state is 40% Hispanic, 42% Caucasian. Now Knoxville... now that is a place which fears the Great Hispanic Threat to Destroy America and Rape Our
Wimmen.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:13 PM
SDSAB

Ivanka used a personal email account for government business. Let the GOP spinning as to how this is nothing at all, no, not even a teensy little bit like what Crooked Hillary did, begin!: https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/19/polit...unt/index.html
Old 11-19-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil's Heir View Post
Ivanka used a personal email account for government business. Let the GOP spinning as to how this is nothing at all, no, not even a teensy little bit like what Crooked Hillary did, begin!: https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/19/polit...unt/index.html
My prediction is: "Ivanka Trump is not a cabinet official and in fact doesn't even have a security clearance, so this is no big deal, unlike when that poopy head Hillary did it."

Or, "Who cares? We won."

Or, "Squirrel!!"
Old 11-20-2018, 09:15 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
We have a bunch here in Arizona, too. They're in Tucson, about 90 miles from the border.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:

Well, to be fair, where Hillary was “extremely careless”, Ivanka was merely “feckless”.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9bfriender View Post
Excellent work in proving that you do not use hateful and dismissive language.
Hey, liar. Your ploy above is called moving the goal posts. I never claimed I do not use hateful and dismissive language. That is simply a lie. I'm perfectly happy to use it when engaging with rock-dumb dishonest dolts like yourself. I hope that helps clear things up.

If you'd like to now try to find quotes of mine that support your original claims, go ahead. I'll wait. And if you do decide to put on your big boy pants, you can address Post #199 in the Tucker Carlson thread. You know the thing you will not go near as if it's your kryptonite.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blistering Barnacle View Post
Well, to be fair, where Hillary was “extremely careless”, Ivanka was merely “feckless”.
As in she does not give a feck?
Old 11-20-2018, 10:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I can already hear the chants from Trump Country:

"So what, her EMAILS!"

"Make AOLMail Government Approved!"

"TALK HER UP! TALK HER UP!"
Old 11-20-2018, 10:59 AM

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...igrants-arrive

The troops are already starting to be sent home, well before the caravan arrives. As if there was ever any doubt that this was entirely a political exercise in manipulating fear.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan01 View Post
Hey, liar. Your ploy above is called moving the goal posts. I never claimed I do not use hateful and dismissive language. That is simply a lie. I'm perfectly happy to use it when engaging with rock-dumb dishonest dolts like yourself. I hope that helps clear things up.

If you'd like to now try to find quotes of mine that support your original claims, go ahead. I'll wait. And if you do decide to put on your big boy pants, you can address Post #199 in the Tucker Carlson thread. You know the thing you will not go near as if it's your kryptonite.
You seem to be completely hung up on a trivial 'You said it. No I did not' argument. Meanwhile, you've been asked a couple of times to provide solid evidence to back up your claim regarding the caravan being funded by George Soros. Perhaps you can do that rather than pursue this pointless debate?
Old 11-20-2018, 11:26 AM

Hey guys, I hear there is a post made by magellan01 in a Tucker Carlson thread around post 199 that he is particularly proud of.

In case y'all missed it earlier...
Old 11-20-2018, 11:44 AM

I've heard about that post. Stupendous, from what I hear. I haven't read it myself. I don't want to be let down.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I've heard about that post. Stupendous, from what I hear. I haven't read it myself. I don't want to be let down.
The. Best. Post.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greathouse View Post
Hey guys, I hear there is a post made by magellan01 in a Tucker Carlson thread around post 199 that he is particularly proud of.

In case y'all missed it earlier...
Sounds like an urban legend, like Warehouse 13 or Area 51.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:05 PM
SDSAB

Or Deep Space 9.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:18 PM

Please no spoilers on Post #199 in the Tucker Carlson thread. I want to read the first 198 posts first and so far I am only on Post #70. So far it is mostly just development of the emotional arc but with all the buzz I am really looking forward to the rest.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...igrants-arrive

The troops are already starting to be sent home, well before the caravan arrives. As if there was ever any doubt that this was entirely a political exercise in manipulating fear.
I'm no military historian, but when a force withdraws from their position when the adversary arrives...isn't that called retreat?
Old 11-20-2018, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borborygmi View Post
Please no spoilers on Post #199 in the Tucker Carlson thread. I want to read the first 198 posts first and so far I am only on Post #70. So far it is mostly just development of the emotional arc but with all the buzz I am really looking forward to the rest.
You won't believe what happens next!
Old 11-20-2018, 12:45 PM

Trump released a statement just now in which he lies about the CIA conclusion over the Kashoggi murder and then says it doesn't matter anyway because he was an enemy of the people (a phrase he uses all the time about the press).

If the Trump administration ends up in its worst case possibility, everyone will look back and wonder why we didn't see the warning signs.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railer13 View Post
You seem to be completely hung up on a trivial 'You said it. No I did not' argument. Meanwhile, you've been asked a couple of times to provide solid evidence to back up your claim regarding the caravan being funded by George Soros. Perhaps you can do that rather than pursue this pointless debate?
I'll look further into it and report back.

As far as the pointless debate. That imbecile keeps putting forth lies. He is completely ignorant of the most rudimentary debate basics—like what a claim is, how to support a claim, the difference between a poster and a poster's particular position, moving goal posts, etc.—yet he goes on with his lies and dumbistry, compounding them as he goes.

Anyway, not a lot of time lately, but I will provide what you asked for. To be clear, my claim was that his money was making it's way to the groups that ultimately provided the aid. And I am not of the mind that that they were funded by his money alone. But I will get back to you.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:

As far as the pointless debate. That imbecile keeps putting forth lies. He is completely ignorant of the most rudimentary debate basics—like what a claim is, how to support a claim, the difference between a poster and a poster's particular position, moving goal posts, etc.—yet he goes on with his lies and dumbistry, compounding them as he goes.

Anyway, not a lot of time lately, but I will provide what you asked for. To be clear, my claim was that his money was making it's way to the groups that ultimately provided the aid. And I am not of the mind that that they were funded by his money alone. But I will get back to you.
Do I a Google search for ZOG or Holocaust denial and you'll probably find plenty of links about Soros's evil plans.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:28 PM

Germany has banned 18 Saudis and stopped all arms sales to Saudi Arabia in the wake of the Khashogghi murder.
https://www.ft.com/content/a816dda8-...0-9cf212677a57

Donald Trump, on the other hand, defends his personal involvement with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and criticizes Iran (and Democrats) in the same fell swoop.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...djSbn9xrlyQ5yo
Old 11-20-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky_Kong View Post
Trump released a statement just now in which he lies about the CIA conclusion over the Kashoggi murder and then says it doesn't matter anyway because he was an enemy of the people (a phrase he uses all the time about the press).
Wait, what? It sounds like Trump is declaring open season on journalists- go ahead and kill 'em, cut 'em up with a bone saw! Do you have a link?

This might be a good time to stress that I did not form my conclusions about global warming or supply side economics because of CNN or WaPo. I am able to follow the argument and come to my own conclusion. Because, facts and reasoning. Does anyone remember those?
Old 11-20-2018, 01:32 PM

Trump can't help himself but criticize Democrats during the turkey pardon.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...es-bts-vpx.cnn
Old 11-20-2018, 01:32 PM

To be fair, the quote is 'Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an “enemy of the state”'
Old 11-20-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try2B Comprehensive View Post
Wait, what? It sounds like Trump is declaring open season on journalists- go ahead and kill 'em, cut 'em up with a bone saw! Do you have a link?
Link to the story

Link to the statement

First sentence: "The world is a very dangerous place!" Thanks for the enlightening revelation, Mr. President.

More sentences:
Quote:
Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an “enemy of the state” and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, but my decision is in no way based on that – this is an unacceptable and horrible crime. King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder of Mr. Khashoggi. Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!

That being said, we may never know all of the facts surrounding the murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi. In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They have been a great ally in our very important fight against Iran. The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region. [...]

After the United States, Saudi Arabia is the largest oil producing nation in the world. They have worked closely with us and have been very responsive to my requests to keeping oil prices at reasonable levels – so important for the world.
Translation.
Quote:
But the U.S. president — facing pressure after Republican losses in the midterm elections — is eager to tamp down threats to the economy, including higher gas prices. In a series of tweets, Trump blamed a stock market sell-off on the Democratic victory while pressing the Saudis and OPEC to keep oil production at current levels.

“Hopefully, Saudi Arabia and OPEC will not be cutting oil production. Oil prices should be much lower based on supply!” Trump said on Twitter.

Trump posted the message hours after Saudi Arabia’s energy minister said that OPEC and its allies should reverse about half the increase in oil output they made earlier this year. Oil futures had gained as much as 2.4 percent in London and 1.8 percent in New York after the Saudi announcement.

Oil futures in New York fell 0.4 percent Monday, extending a record 11th day of declines, to end the session at $59.93 a barrel.

Trump risks testing Saudi patience — or even provoking the kingdom’s ire — at a particularly vulnerable moment, with the U.S. decision to reimpose sanctions on Iran threatening to increase prices. The administration had been counting on Saudi Arabia to ensure oil supply to prevent a run-up in prices.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I bet you don't.
According to the Anti-Defamation League, "In 2018, domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the US, a sharp increase from the 37 extremist-related murders documented in 2017....every single extremist killing — from Pittsburgh to Parkland — had a link to right-wing extremism."
Old 11-20-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
I'm no military historian, but when a force withdraws from their position when the adversary arrives...isn't that called retreat?
That would be true, you know, if the troops weren't in Texas while the caravan headed for Tijuana.

Trump built a mini-Maginot Line, and shockingly, the "opponent" simply went around it. Whodathunk?
Old 11-20-2018, 02:13 PM

Quote:

What's Soros's money buying? They're walking, driving junk vehicles, and carrying all their possessions on their backs. They don't seem that well-funded.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
What's Soros's money buying? They're walking, driving junk vehicles, and carrying all their possessions on their backs. They don't seem that well-funded.
No, you see, those are just actors (paid for by Soros). The actual migrants are on a cruise ship in the Gulf of Mexico (paid for by Soros) getting ready to disembark in Miami and vote (yes, I know it's way too late, but their votes will be "found" (by Soros) and Al Gore will be declared the winner (or something???))
Old 11-20-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimstu View Post
Link to the story

Link to the statement

First sentence: "The world is a very dangerous place!"
It's worse than that. The first sentence is actually "America First!". It makes me wonder if all official proclamations are now going to begin with that exclamation. Maybe next it will start being used as a salutation. Maybe then it will start becoming obligatory.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:26 PM
SDSAB

I wonder if some kind of arm gesture will become part of it, too...?
Old 11-20-2018, 03:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Link to the story

Link to the statement

First sentence: "The world is a very dangerous place!" Thanks for the enlightening revelation, Mr. President.

More sentences:

Translation.
Which makes me propose that all journalists at White House press conferences be armed. Just in case, of course.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
First sentence: "The world is a very dangerous place!" Thanks for the enlightening revelation, Mr. President. Translation.
"Much more so than under Obama! No president in history has made the world more dangerous than I have! MAGA!"
Old 11-20-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson1972 View Post
To be fair, the quote is 'Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an “enemy of the state”'
And a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. Which is followed by "but my decision is in no way based on that." So why mention it, then? To let your fans know you think they had good reasons to kill him but maybe shouldn't have been so obvious about it and made this whole thing so difficult for you?
Old 11-20-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
It's worse than that. The first sentence is actually "America First!". It makes me wonder if all official proclamations are now going to begin with that exclamation. Maybe next it will start being used as a salutation. Maybe then it will start becoming obligatory.
To paraphrase V for Vendetta: America Prevails!

Last edited by dasmoocher; 11-20-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:29 PM

Your move Lindsay

Quote:
Graham said he doesn’t want to let the individuals who carried out the killing to become “the fall guy,” but instead, “I am going to do whatever I can to place blame where I believe it lies: I am going to put it at the feet of the crown prince who has been a destructive force in the Mideast.”
He just said that yesterday so we'll see if will actually stand up to Trump instead of backtracking like the sycophant little shit he is.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora maire View Post
Your move Lindsay

He just said that yesterday so we'll see if will actually stand up to Trump instead of backtracking like the sycophant little shit he is.
Graham is just miffed that he wasn't immediately installed as AG. He had his little heart set on that position, and now he's just all bothered that it remains out of his reach.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Apparently some of them have been receiving payment from the Trump Administration:

Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security is gathering intelligence from paid undercover informants inside the migrant caravan that is now reaching the California-Mexico border as well as monitoring the text messages of migrants, according to two DHS officials. ... It is not known how much money DHS is spending on the intelligence gathering inside the caravan. ...
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...aravan-n938416
Old 11-20-2018, 06:04 PM
Charter Member

... and therefore, the Trump Administration ends up financing the caravan...