Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2019, 09:28 PM

Is there a programmable thermostat that allows a totally custom program?

I am buying my first house soon, and thus will, for the first time in my life, be able to install whatever fixtures and appliances I want. One of the things I'm thinking about getting is a wifi thermostat.

I am wondering if there are any models which allow customization of the program beyond going by day of the week. Based on the reviews I've read so far, while many allow more customization than the one in my current apartment (which allows you to define four periods of the day "morning," "day," "evening," and "night," each by weekday and weekend,) they still are all limited to day-of-the-week schedules. But what if not every week is the same for me? For example, let's say I'm going to be alternating being in town for 4 days and being out of town for 4 days for a while. Or that I'm going to be at home for a week, then at work for a week, then at home for a week, then at work for a week, etc. Are there any thermostats that allow you to create schedules with that level of complexity?