Old 02-12-2020, 12:17 PM

Boxer underwear w/no pee slot?

I just bought a 4 pack of Reebok brand stretchable boxer shorts and discovered that they have no hole in the front to pee through! I returned them to the store and checked the 3 or 4 other brands and they were all the same - no pee hole. The clerk wasn't aware of this until I pointed it out to her. Are these made for women? One of the perks of being a boy is to pee without getting half undressed. Why would anyone make them this way and more importantly why would anyone buy them?
Old 02-12-2020, 12:20 PM

Fashion doesn't car if you can pee. Just so long as you can highlight your package.

Last edited by Si Amigo; 02-12-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:21 PM

If I've learned one thing on the dope over the past ten years, it's that we really have no idea about how other people pee.

Some men pee sitting down. Some men don't ever use the hole in their underwear for peeing. Some men pee outside whenever possible. We have lots of threads about bathroom habits. All are very illuminating.

But, these boxers were probably designed for women.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Charter Member

Most men dont use the pee slot, actually. That factoid was on Wait Wait last week or so.

You can pull the top down a little or pull the leg hole over.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
Most men dont use the pee slot, actually. That factoid was on Wait Wait last week or so.
From threads we've had in the past, including this one with a poll, some Dopers do and some don't.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:25 PM
Charter Member

Right, you can go through the gate or you can go over the fence. Either way works.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:32 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudlow Boink View Post
From threads we've had in the past, including this one with a poll, some Dopers do and some don't.
What's interesting in that poll was that, of those who replied:
- Most who wear boxers use the fly
- Most who wear briefs or boxer briefs don't

When I answered that poll, nine years ago, my answer was "briefs/fly"; that's now changed to "briefs/over the top." I changed brands in the intervening years (from Hanes to Adidas), and most of the Adidas ones don't have a fly. However, I now prefer flyless, anyway, as I discovered that they fit better.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:47 PM

I agree, they fit better. Also it's not as thick and sweaty with one layer of fabric rather than the two with a fly.

"pee hole"?
Old 02-12-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpbass View Post
I agree, they fit better. Also it's not as thick and sweaty with one layer of fabric rather than the two with a fly.

"pee hole"?
I prefer my boxer briefs with no "wiener hole".
Old 02-12-2020, 05:05 PM

By "stretchable boxer shorts" the OP almost certainly means boxer briefs, and given the brand and description, probably ones designed with athletic support in mind. In my experience about half of this type of underwear have a flap and half don't. But I'm an "over the fence" guy so it doesn't concern me.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:14 PM

Is that what it is called? Pee slot? heh-heh I have both types of garments but I find the ones without are more comfortable.

No, I am an over-the-top man. The slot is too small for me, and pushing/pulling things thru seems like a time waster (not to mention all the additional handling/contact).
Old 02-12-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthx View Post
Is that what it is called? Pee slot? heh-heh I have both types of garments but I find the ones without are more comfortable.

No, I am an over-the-top man. The slot is too small for me, and pushing/pulling things thru seems like a time waster (not to mention all the additional handling/contact).
Nice not-so-stealth brag, big man.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:37 PM
Endowment Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthx View Post
I thought everyone just used the leg hole. It's so much easier that way.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:38 PM

Paying very little attention to fashion, and buying underwear about as often as I do a new car, I am semi-astonished by this thread. Only "semi", however, as I just talked to a friend who complained that his wife bought him new underwear "with no cock hole". I kinda thought his wife bought him factory rejects. I had no idea there is men's underwear without a fly. It goes without saying that I am not an over or around or pull down user.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:39 PM

I haven't worn underwear with a "pee slot" (I like that expression) for over 30 years. I only wear briefs or boxer briefs, and they all come without a fly. If I think of briefs with a fly, I think of something like this which is grandpa style IMHO, though I'm old enough to be a grandpa...
Old 02-12-2020, 05:54 PM

An implied (but not explicitly stated) question in the OP is: What, if any, brands DO have a pee fly? And no responding post has addressed that?

What, am I the only Doper still alive who wears underwear with a fly?

The answer is: Jockey brand underwear does. There are several styles, from low-rise to medium-rise and bikini style to choose from. (The "rise" seems to refer to how high up on your waist the waistband sits.) I'm not sure if there is a "boxer" style, but I think there is. At least several years ago I had such a style.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi 65 View Post
This just proves what I have always believed: that there is something deeply wrong with people who wear boxers.

I'm an over-the-top man myself and I honestly could not tell you whether or not my briefs have a fly.

I mean I could but I don't want to check right here in the middle of the office.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:00 PM

Warning! If your underwear does not have a pee slot, whether you would use it or not, then you are wearing panties!
Old 02-12-2020, 06:02 PM

Bill, is that you?

A coworker brought up this same subject in the men's room at work yesterday. He was irritated because his new undies have no pee slot/hole.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnad View Post
Warning! If your underwear does not have a pee slot, whether you would use it or not, then you are wearing panties!
That's exactly my thinking, as well. I even told my buddy who complained about his wife buying him underwear without a cock hole that she must have wanted to see him in panties.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrustus View Post
If I've learned one thing on the dope over the past ten years, it's that we really have no idea about how other people pee.
Yeah, like I didn't realize until reading here that guys pee through the hole in the boxers and even the pants. I wear boxers, but I've always been an over-the-top guy. That said, the added information I've learned here has come in handy and I have gone through the fly on the boxers and the pants, which I didn't even know was an option before.

Last edited by pulykamell; 02-12-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:19 PM

I wear boxer briefs with a pee slot but they have the brief style slot with overlapping fabric. I've only ever gone over the top. The brief style slot is terrible, you can't get your hand in to grab yourself and once you do good luck getting out.
I've only worn boxers once and my nuts hurt for two days after.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
Yeah, like I didn't realize until reading here that guys pee through the hole in the boxers and even the pants. I wear boxers, but I've always been an over-the-top guy. That said, the added information I've learned here has come in handy and I have gone through the fly on the boxers and the pants, which I didn't even know was an option before.
Operative word there is "handy".
Old 02-12-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Nenno View Post
I thought everyone just used the leg hole. It's so much easier that way.
It’s never even occurred to me that that’s an option. I’ve always taken the Somme approach (go over the top like a real man). Using the flap in the front just seems weird too. I never understood why the manufacturers bothered making the holes.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:42 PM

I have some 'made for women' boy briefs. (I didn't name them) They have a fly that opens. I thought it was so funny I showed them to lots of people.
As a woman, I'm not likely to need that opening.
I think the OP might have noticed if he was in the ladies underwear dept.
My understanding is that and one other aisle in the dept. Store are where men will NOT be going, on purpose.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:45 PM

I've been wearing boxers for over 30 years and have never had a pair with no weiner slot.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:54 PM

I bought some Calvin Klein one time that didn't even have a place to put the penis/scrotum. They weren't advertised as sliding shorts or anything. I need the pee slot and a pouch. I bought a brand once that had some styles without the slot, but at least they had a pouch. If I go over the top it seems to cut off the flow and make it difficult and uncomfortable.

Last edited by actualliberalnotoneofthose; 02-12-2020 at 09:55 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:15 PM

I wear jockey shorts and go over the top. But this thread just gave me a new insight. That is that the fly is made for right handed men. Try using your left hand to get your business out and you'll have one hell of a difficult time doing it.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:31 PM

Does no-one else call them Y-fronts.

I gave up on y-fronts many years ago then I started wearing a tanga-style brief, which were just way more comfortable and supportive.
I have now moved on to a boxer-style brief, still with no y-front.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:32 AM

Last year I bought some online and didn't notice until after I had washed them that they didn't have a hole.

For me, it's annoying enough that I tossed them and bought some replacements.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:14 AM

I've always been over the top. Being a "grower not a show-er" type it's too complicated to fish through the gate. But with jockey shorts and then boxer briefs, I've always had a pee hole double flap. Everyone knows what that flap is for - it's doubled up to avoid a tell-tale wet spot on the trousers, to catch that post-urinal drip cause there's always one more damn drop after you finish shaking it off and you can't shake it for half an hour (at least, not in a public washroom). The other thing is I have real boxers for sleeping in, and they always have very litle overlap and buttons or something on the flap so it doesn't hang open when you wander the house - again, too complicated to actually use - over the top works.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:00 AM

I already regret adding to this conversation, but in my experience the underwear-hole isn't for urination but for furtive romantic encounters. It makes one harder and the other easier.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtypeJag View Post
...! I returned them to the store.... ...
I thought there was a law against this?
Old 02-13-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALOHA HATER View Post
I already regret adding to this conversation, but in my experience the underwear-hole isn't for urination but for furtive romantic encounters. It makes one harder and the other easier.
Are you Mormon?
Old 02-13-2020, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
I have some 'made for women' boy briefs. (I didn't name them) They have a fly that opens. I thought it was so funny I showed them to lots of people.
While wearing them?

As alluded to above, I refer to flyless briefs as male panties, but don't use the fly, if any. It's over the top or around the side, depending on which is easier for that particular brand; they vary.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Sometimes a guy just likes to feel pretty.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:56 PM

I had to explain the purpose of the pee slot to a 40-something French man living near Tahiti. He had never encountered anything like that in France or Polynesia until he got his first set of Mormon temple underwear, so he figured it must have some sort of symbolic religious significance.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:03 PM
SD Curator of Critters

Since this is mostly about personal preferences, let's move it to IMHO.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator
Old 02-13-2020, 07:33 PM

I was curious, so I looked at that old thread/poll. I was amazed to learn that most guys don't use the fly in their underwear. I'm a briefs/fly guy, but I'm always willing to try something new, so... In order to pee over the top, I have to unzip my pants, unbuckle my belt, undo the little snap at the top of my pants, undo the button on the little inside flap, and then pull down the waistband on my briefs to get the equipment out. It's a LOT easier to just unzip my pants and pull the equipment out through the fly in my briefs. But, apparently, I'm the minority. What am I misunderstanding?
Old 02-13-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeysBrother View Post
I was curious, so I looked at that old thread/poll. I was amazed to learn that most guys don't use the fly in their underwear. I'm a briefs/fly guy, but I'm always willing to try something new, so... In order to pee over the top, I have to unzip my pants, unbuckle my belt, undo the little snap at the top of my pants, undo the button on the little inside flap, and then pull down the waistband on my briefs to get the equipment out. It's a LOT easier to just unzip my pants and pull the equipment out through the fly in my briefs. But, apparently, I'm the minority. What am I misunderstanding?
I'm in the same bewildered camp as you. I occasionally see a guy at a urinal undo his belt, pants waste and pull down his pants a bit, which I always find odd. But it seems to me most just unzip their fly. It never occurred to me that some (many most?) are then NOT using the fly opening in their underwear. Using the leg opening or pulling down the wasteband of the underwear seems weird, and would surely stretch out the elastic.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:51 PM
Endowment Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orwell View Post
I'm in the same bewildered camp as you. I occasionally see a guy at a urinal undo his belt, pants waste and pull down his pants a bit, which I always find odd. But it seems to me most just unzip their fly. It never occurred to me that some (many most?) are then NOT using the fly opening in their underwear. Using the leg opening ...
I was referring to the leg hole of the pants.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
I can't speak for others, but I don't have to unbuckle my belt or anything. I open the fly of my jeans, drag down the briefs a bit with my left thumb, get out my schlong with my right hand and pee. As natural as breathing.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:14 PM
Charter Member

On the rare times when I wear boxers I alternate between both. With briefs I pull it over, otherwise the hose too often is folded or too low to reach or I can only open half the briefs opening, leaving my fingers fishing for the other half or, even worse, losing half of the opening while drawing the pipe through

On the rare times when I wear a belt and must urinate standing up, I use the pants fly and pull down my briefs through the fly hole.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALOHA HATER View Post
... but for furtive romantic encounters. It makes one harder and the other easier.
Is this supposed to be some kind of double entendre?
Old 02-13-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
.... In order to pee over the top, I have to unzip my pants, unbuckle my belt, undo the little snap at the top of my pants, undo the button on the little inside flap, and then pull down the waistband on my briefs to get the equipment out. ...
No you don't. I just unzip my fly and reach up through it with my left thumb. The left thumb slips inside the boxer brief waistband and pulls it down so my right hand can take over the important duty.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Nenno View Post
I was referring to the leg hole of the pants.
Pants in the British or American sense?
Old 02-13-2020, 10:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Door View Post
Sometimes a guy just likes to feel pretty.
No, in this case the word is pronounced and spelled "purdy".

"Yew shure look purdy in those man panties."
Old 02-16-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi 65 View Post
That makes perfect sense to me. Not only because the boxers hole is easier to use, but because it doesn't have to be stretched out. With briefs or boxer briefs, using the hole stretches them out.

I learned that as a young kid when I was trying to "be like daddy" and use my "fly." Dad always wore jeans except when he wore slacks, while toddler/preschool me didn't.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by si_blakely View Post
Does no-one else call them Y-fronts.
Yes, if I want to make the point that they have a fly.

Quote:
And?
Old 02-17-2020, 02:14 PM

I have some with and some without. I guess I'm secure enough in my masculinity to not really care one way or the other.