Old 01-15-2010, 04:31 PM

Fuck Rush Limbaugh

All you conservatives on this board, Shodan, Starving Artist, you know who you are, come in here and defend this pompous sack of shit. Come on I dare you. Go ahead and stand up for this fat bastard.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/201...politico/31539
I guess someone made it through the show's screening process and managed to tell him off about the Haiti stuff he said the other day. Of course that didn't stop the heartless son of a bitch from getting on his high horse:

Quote:
"What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a blockhead,” Limbaugh shot back. “What I’m illustrating here is that you’re a close-minded bigot who is ill-informed.”

“If you had listened to this program for a modicum of time, you would know it,” he said. “But instead, you’re a blockhead. Your mind is totally closed. You have tampons in your ears. Nothing is getting through other than the biased crap that you read.”
How this waste of space that passes for a human being can get away with calling anyone close-minded or biased is beyond me. What's even more puzzling is how any sensible person can stand to listen to the excrement that emanates from his piehole.

Last edited by joebuck20; 01-15-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Charter Member

Come now, anyone who donates to the Haitian aid is a total blockhead.

Somehow I dare think that no non-driveby arguments will be forthcoming. If Limbaugh continues putting his foot in his mouth I think he will finally jump the shark amongst the republican base just like he already has with rational people. There's only so much idiocy the medium-right can take after all.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:39 PM

His modus operandi is to say something totally outrageous, and then when called on it, deny, deny, obfuscate, and lie. Then he blames the "left-leaning media", and accuses them of trying to smear him, and plays the "pity me" card. And his audience laps it up and repeats his lies.

This is how he drives ratings. As long as we're talking about him, even to call him a fucking asshole, he's happy and counting his money.

He's a media troll.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Charter Member

Despite the common misperception, radio shows derive income from ratings, not notoriety.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Shouting Grasshopper

Roger Ebert expressed a similar opinion yesterday: A Letter to Rush Limbaugh

Quote:
You should be horse-whipped for the insult you have paid to the highest office of our nation.

Having followed President Obama's suggestion and donated money to the Red Cross for relief in Haiti, I was offended to hear you suggest the President might be a thief capable of stealing money intended for the earthquake victims.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:47 PM

It would be so wonderful if there was a way to imprison Rush and Pat Robertson together - kinda like in the Superman movie with that plate of glass rotating through space forever.

Or in 1984 "boot stamping on the face of humanity forever" - if it was my boot and either of their faces, it would be a grape stomping festival!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

Senile dementia must be settling in for the old Rush. Does he think that any president would behave differently with the Haiti crisis? Wouldn't McCain have done exactly the same? Wouldn't George W. Bush have done exactly the same? That's just what leaders of first-world countries do as a matter of course for their third-world neighbours following natural disasters. It's not something peculiar to Obama.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giles View Post
Senile dementia must be settling in for the old Rush. Does he think that any president would behave differently with the Haiti crisis? Wouldn't McCain have done exactly the same? Wouldn't George W. Bush have done exactly the same? That's just what leaders of first-world countries do as a matter of course for their third-world neighbours following natural disasters. It's not something peculiar to Obama.
Rush would no doubt say that McCain or Bush would have quickly stepped up to help because they are good Christian men who know what the right thing to do is. Rush knows, however that the reason that Obama quickly helped is that he simply wants to look good, and is trying to secure the black vote.

See? It's all so simple if you're Rush or his followers.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
Despite the common misperception, radio shows derive income from ratings, not notoriety.
Which is why I specified that he uses his antics to drive ratings.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebuck20 View Post
All you conservatives on this board, Shodan, Starving Artist, you know who you are, come in here and defend this pompous sack of shit.
[left-leaning tv/radio personality] said GWB's motive was [cynical reason] when he [superficially nice action].

So there.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bup View Post
[left-leaning tv/radio personality] said GWB's motive was [cynical reason] when he [superficially nice action].

So there.
Oh, you mean like when he put Michael "Arabian Horse" Brown in charge of FEMA?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Charter Member

Let's wait for our crackpot apologists to speak for themselves.

.....[chirp]...........
Old 01-15-2010, 05:15 PM

How about let's move this to Mundane Pointless Stuff I Want Everyone to Agree With and move on?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:17 PM
BANNED

I'd rather let someone else do the fucking, if that's okay?
Old 01-15-2010, 05:19 PM

Even in this Economy, I would pay good money to see Roger Ebert horsewhip Rush Limbaugh.

All money collected would be donated to the relief effort. A one-two against Rush.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

I don't imagine the fact that nobody is defending what Rush said means anything, does it?

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-15-2010, 05:22 PM
BANNED

No, but the fact that a "pubby" would need to point it out and feel it deserved merit, does.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodan View Post
I don't imagine the fact that nobody is defending what Rush said means anything, does it?
Well, it means something to me: there are some sane right wingers for whom Rush sometimes goes off into the indefensible regions where those sane right wingers won't go.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 PM
Charter Member

Who said it deserved merit?

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-15-2010, 05:33 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Who said it deserved merit?

Regards,
Shodan
Good point.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well, it means something to me: there are some sane right wingers for whom Rush sometimes goes off into the indefensible regions where those sane right wingers won't go.
Anybody who talks for a living eventually says something stupid. Rush said something stupid. It isn't the first time; it won't be the last.

Rush Limbaugh doesn't speak for me, even when I agree with him. I don't agree with him this time, but that doesn't matter either.

People say stupid shit sometimes. I do it, Rush does it, certainly the other side is not exempt. It happens. I don't care to defend anyone unless I think they're right.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-15-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:

Regards,
Shodan
Give it time.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:36 PM

Fuck him? I wouldn't even kiss him.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Anybody who talks for a living eventually says something stupid. Rush said something stupid. It isn't the first time; it won't be the last.

Rush Limbaugh doesn't speak for me, even when I agree with him. I don't agree with him this time, but that doesn't matter either.

People say stupid shit sometimes. I do it, Rush does it, certainly the other side is not exempt. It happens. I don't care to defend anyone unless I think they're right.

Regards,
Shodan
Eventually?

Sometimes?

You're on the right track with this Shodan. Don't spoil if for me! Rush says stuff like this frequently. As I said earlier - it's what he does. He says shocking things in order to drive ratings.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivn1188 View Post
How about let's move this to Mundane Pointless Stuff I Want Everyone to Agree With and move on?

You go ahead. We'll catch up later.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:41 PM

Rsuh refuses to think that those he disagrees with philosophically can possibly do anything praise worthy, which is why he cynically believed that Obama would only do anything for Haiti for political gain.

Rush is wrong on this one, and it makes him look very silly.

Rush is up to his eyeballs, daily, in the "game" of political PR, "gotcha", and subterfuge. I think, because of that, he has forgotten how to detach his mind from this "game" playing and double-think.

I didn't like his Michael J. Fox comments, either.

Last edited by mlees; 01-15-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

I believe the pattern is, ignore it and say nothing when he says something offensive and/or stupid, and quote him when you agree with him. Using this plan conservatives won't ever have to dump him, no matter what he says or does.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Rush says stuff like this frequently. As I said earlier - it's what he does. He says shocking things in order to drive ratings.
I think you are partially right, and partially wrong. Rush certainly wants high ratings, but I think he meant what he said this about not trusting the White House with Red Cross donations and trying to collect names to solicit for contributions.

Perhaps he was using hyperbole, but that doesn't affect it - it was stupid.

It's sort of like the Pat Robertson quote about the contract with the Devil, which I thought Pat made up but turns out to be based on a sort of urban legend/Haitian creation myth. Again, it doesn't matter - it was still stupid. At least Pat Robertson went on to solicit donations for Haiti. Rush should do the same, but I doubt he will.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-15-2010, 05:51 PM

I am in 100% agreement with you, OP, and I admire you for your courage in pitting Rush Limbaugh at the Straight Dope Message Board, of all places. Do not back down against the legion defenders that are sure to arrive any moment, I beg of you!

Now, if only someone around here had the courage to take a stand against SUVs, racism, Glen Beck, cruelty to animals, needless carbon emissions, AGW skepticism, George W. Bush, the healthcare, banking and pharmaceutical industries, and the other ills that plague these formerly great United States!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
I believe the pattern is, ignore it and say nothing when he says something offensive and/or stupid, and quote him when you agree with him. Using this plan conservatives won't ever have to dump him, no matter what he says or does.
Or I could call it stupid two or three times, and you can ignore that. Just like I do when liberals do the same for stupid things liberals say.

But like I say, I don't need to dump him - he doesn't speak for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesperson
I am in 100% agreement with you, OP, and I admire you for your courage in pitting Rush Limbaugh at the Straight Dope Message Board, of all places. Do not back down against the legion defenders that are sure to arrive any moment, I beg of you!

Now, if only someone around here had the courage to take a stand against SUVs, racism, Glen Beck, cruelty to animals, needless carbon emissions, AGW skepticism, George W. Bush, the healthcare, banking and pharmaceutical industries, and the other ills that plague these formerly great United States!
It takes nerve to go against the tide.

Regards,
Shodan
Old 01-15-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
I honestly can't recall the last time around here tried to quote Rush Limbaugh for truth. Am I just missing that part of the pattern you describe?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:02 PM

Do any of you listen to Rush, or do you just read news reports about the show? He specifically said not to try to donate to the White House relief effort. The conversation was based on Obama's desire to eliminate the tax deduction for charitable giving, and Rush's theory is that it is simply a way to discourage people from giving to private & religious charities. This would make the Federal Government a more palatable option for providing all kinds of aid, both at home and abroad. He emphatically encourages donations to go to the Red Cross in these times.

The conversation quoted in the OP was about the caller's mis-quoting of the statements Rush originally made. Maybe he was too harsh with the caller, but the premise is entirely out of context.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe Hollister View Post
Do any of you listen to Rush, or do you just read news reports about the show? He specifically said not to try to donate to the White House relief effort.
The White House relief effort appears to be a link from whitehouse.gov to the Red Cross sebsite. How Mr. Limbuagh thinks the president will extract money or a list of potential contributors from that remains a mystery to me.
Quote:
The conversation quoted in the OP was about the caller's mis-quoting of the statements Rush originally made. Maybe he was too harsh with the caller, but the premise is entirely out of context.
Oh, do please explain the context of the original statements.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:36 PM

Stupid is referring to the president as a "light-skinned negro"; Rush is being a complete and utter asshole, and he knows it; he just doesn't give a shit, because he is, again, an asshole of the highest order.

Pat Robertson? He's practically mentally retarded. Who gives a shit what he says?
Old 01-15-2010, 06:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovic View Post
Come now, anyone who donates to the Haitian aid is a total blockhead.

Somehow I dare think that no non-driveby arguments will be forthcoming. If Limbaugh continues putting his foot in his mouth I think he will finally jump the shark amongst the republican base just like he already has with rational people. There's only so much idiocy the medium-right can take after all.
But there is no limit to how much idiocy the far-right can take; and, so far, the rest show no signs of drumming them out of the GOP.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:33 PM

I hate to disappoint you joebuck20 but many conservatives consider Rush to be an asshole of the highest order. We neither condone nor apologize for what he says. He is an embarrassment to the entire human race, not just conservatives. He is not our leader. He does not speak for us. He is pompous, loud and on the radio. That is all.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainGlutton View Post
But there is no limit to how much idiocy the far-right can take; and, so far, the rest show no signs of drumming them out of the GOP.
How would we go about drumming them out? There are no membership requirements that I'm aware of.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
In 2004 when Haiti got hit by 4 hurricanes in 1 season, Bush sent hospital ships to help the people. Sure, any president would help. Rush and his children are just lying about it . they are like the Repub politicians. Anything the Dems do must be protested and wrong. Just say NO.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
All you conservatives on this board, Shodan, Starving Artist, you know who you are, come in here and defend this pompous sack of shit.
How unfortunate.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Fuck Rush Limbaugh
Not with GWB's zombified dick.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Una Persson View Post
How unfortunate.
Hey, there's a first time for everything.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:54 PM

Fuck him? Not even with Ann Coulter's dick.

CMC fnord!
However, I would be willing to beat him about the head and neck with a 18"DHIBJD .
Old 01-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Agnatheist
Charter Member

Yeah...he's really not my type...

-XT
Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 PM

Oh, c'mon, Shodan, can't you at least mention that... somebody...got a... something?

This has been a disappointing thread so far, and it'd mean a lot to us all.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:34 PM

It just seems especially obnoxious for a multi-millionaire to openly mock those who have donated money to try to save the lives of people who live on about $2 a day.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:42 PM

While I have no doubt Obama is saddened by the tragedy in Haiti, and will do everything in his power to provide comfort and relief, in the long run, he will use the tragedy to score political points just like every politician, dem or pub.

Any tragedy brings out politicos of every stripe looking to be the first to say "By golly, we will do everything in our power to help the citizens of X to recover from Y.

They MUST say that. What the hell else would they say?

The dems damn sure used Bush's lame-assed response to Katrina for political points.
And deservedly so. It goes both ways.

What is interesting about the OP is the line..

"All you conservatives on this board, Shodan, Starving Artist, you know who you are, come in here and defend this pompous sack of shit. Come on I dare you. Go ahead and stand up for this fat bastard."

Got your panties in a knot? Good. Just don't equate all conservatives on the board with Rush. Sounds like you are scared and pissed.

Well then, call all your friends in Mass and tell them to vote for Coakley.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:02 PM

He wouldn't try to score points, he would just get them by default. Just like Bush did with the hospital ships in 04. It comes with being compassionate. What's the alternative? No aid whatsoever to the truly needy in order to avoid the appearance of a conflict of interest?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post

Got your panties in a knot? Good. Just don't equate all conservatives on the board with Rush. Sounds like you are scared and pissed.

Well then, call all your friends in Mass and tell them to vote for Coakley.
Well, you're right that I'm pissed. The only thing that scares me however, is that there are people who take this motherfucker seriously. Not because I'm intimidated by them, but because they're yet another sign that we're on the road to Idiocracy.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:18 PM

The good news is that fatasses as big as him generally don't live much past his current age.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Well, you're right that I'm pissed. The only thing that scares me however, is that there are people who take this motherfucker seriously. Not because I'm intimidated by them, but because they're yet another sign that we're on the road to Idiocracy.
We have been on the road to idiocracy for a long time, and will continue to tread that road. But we will survive.

Check out The Marching Morons by Cyril M. Kornbluth, 1951.