Old 02-04-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pool View Post
Talked about it? No he actually did it, I'd wager he's committed more to philanthropy than anyone on this board combined and counting, so if you are going to say something bad about someone you have to bring up the good as well. Most people are not fully good or bad, Rush Limbaugh did some good in this world as well, you have to look at the whole picture.
Most people live middle-of-the-road lives and neither do great good or great harm.

Limbaugh has done massive harm. A few donations won't get him off the hook and, if he is a religious man, won't fool God. Indulgences don't work anymore (never did but we don't even pretend they do anymore).

The man is a toxic shit stain on humanity. I do not wish cancer on anyone. Not at all. Not even a little bit. If I could wave a magic wand and cure him I would (he might be last in line but I would). Beyond that I cannot generate much sympathy for the man. I do not want him to suffer but I won't shed a tear for him either.
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill
Old 02-04-2020, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Talked about it? No he actually did it, I'd wager he's committed more to philanthropy than anyone on this board combined and counting, so if you are going to say something bad about someone you have to bring up the good as well-
Nah, thatís what the other thread is for...
Old 02-04-2020, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Well the guy raised/gave millions of dollars to charity among them for cancer so he has done some good things, now maybe it's not that much considering his massive net worth, but maybe he'll donate some more of his fortune to worthy causes before he dies.
But the Medal of Freedom isn't earned by donating to charity. It's earned by making a meritorious contribution to US national security, which Limbaugh hasn't done, or to world peace (ditto) or to American culture. Limbaugh hasn't done any of those. Compare Limbaugh to past winners during any presidency, and you can easily see how sadly he's lacking. Shame on him for the damage he's caused this country, and shame on the president who's so ignorant and arrogant that he's corrupted what was, up until now, an honor.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:31 PM
Charter Member

Do you realize there hasn't been a Medal of Freedom awarded in the field of philosophy since 1985, when it was awarded to.....shit, forgot already.

Last edited by elucidator; 02-04-2020 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelliebly View Post
But the Medal of Freedom isn't earned by donating to charity. It's earned by making a meritorious contribution to US national security, which Limbaugh hasn't done, or to world peace (ditto) or to American culture. Limbaugh hasn't done any of those. Compare Limbaugh to past winners during any presidency, and you can easily see how sadly he's lacking. Shame on him for the damage he's caused this country, and shame on the president who's so ignorant and arrogant that he's corrupted what was, up until now, an honor.
I never mentioned the Medal of Freedom and in fact didn't know he had been awarded it when I made my post, the only point I was making is that few human beings are fully good or bad and if you are going to trash the man it's important to mention his philanthropy and charity as well before you condemn the man, life is very rarely so black and white.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:33 PM

DP

Diet Pepsi

Last edited by pool; 02-04-2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I never mentioned the Medal of Freedom and in fact didn't know he had been awarded it when I made my post, the only point I was making is that few human beings are fully good or bad and if you are going to trash the man it's important to mention his philanthropy and charity as well before you condemn the man, life is very rarely so black and white.
Quote:
You argue your point eloquently, but I donít think itís THAT good...
Old 02-04-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
If person-X is a pedophile and raped 100 children during his life would you be telling us to consider that the man donated $1 million to a charity so he really is not so bad?

I am not saying Limbaugh is a pedophile. I am saying that is the kind of argument you are trying to make.
"I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid; I meant, that stupid persons are generally Conservative. I believe that to be so obvious and undeniable a fact that I hardly think any hon. Gentleman will question it." ~John Stuart Mill
Old 02-04-2020, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whack-a-Mole View Post
If person-X is a pedophile and raped 100 children during his life would you be telling us to consider that the man donated $1 million to a charity so he really is not so bad?

I am not saying Limbaugh is a pedophile. I am saying that is the kind of argument you are trying to make.
Who are we talking about Michael Jackson? Wow you are just being silly now.
Old 02-04-2020, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Any chance of getting Weezer to perform at the ceremony?
I don't LOVE you love you, but....
Old 02-05-2020, 12:38 AM

Remember when Rush was about the worst the right had to offer?
Old 02-05-2020, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
I believe the pattern is, ignore it and say nothing when he says something offensive and/or stupid, and quote him when you agree with him. Using this plan conservatives won't ever have to dump him, no matter what he says or does.
This pattern is not unique to one side or the other.

Liberals don't call out liberal assholes, and conservatives don't call out conservative assholes. Been that way for a while.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:48 AM

First, there is no liberal equivalent to Limbaugh. There is no one on the left with his reach and his decades of spewing obviously dishonest, factually incorrect bullshit. Second, liberals call out liberal assholes all the time. That's why you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone around here defending Bill Maher. It's also why you'd be hard pressed to find Al Franken in the Senate.
Old 02-05-2020, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damuri Ajashi View Post
Liberals don't call out liberal assholes
What liberal assholes are out there that you don't feel are getting called out?
Old 02-05-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Any chance of getting Weezer to perform at the ceremony?
Almost. Almost. He sure didn't look like he was feeling very good at the SOTU last night.

Okay, as I wrote in the other thread: He's got his Medal now. Now he can drop dead already.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:22 AM
Charter Member

Comedy + Time = Tragedy

"God. Can you imagine if Donald Trump actually did win? He'd probably give Rush Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom."

"Heh, yeah... probably during the State of the Union!"

"Man, why do you always have to push things too far?"
Old 02-05-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:

Liberals don't call out liberal assholes, and conservatives don't call out conservative assholes. Been that way for a while.
Who is the liberal equivalent of Limbaugh and what medal did he get?
Old 02-05-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:

There's plenty of liberal assholes. They're just not as heinous as conservative assholes.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
I am not saying Limbaugh is a pedophile.
I'm pretty sure he's said that about others though.
Old 02-05-2020, 08:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Liberals don't call out liberal assholes
Yeah, we lefties would never go into 'circular firing squad' mode. Just doesn't happen!
Old 02-05-2020, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
There's plenty of liberal assholes. They're just not as heinous as conservative assholes.
For some reason, liberals canít pull off the highly partisan fear-mongering talk radio show format. And conservatives canít pull off the humorous political talk show format. Go figure.
Old 02-05-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
For some reason, liberals canít pull off the highly partisan fear-mongering talk radio show format. And conservatives canít pull off the humorous political talk show format. Go figure.
I don't know, Colbert gave it a pretty good run.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatterdemalion View Post
I don't know, Colbert gave it a pretty good run.
I'm not sure you understood the joke.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:35 PM

To hell with Rush Limbaugh. He's spent decades peddling bigotry, hate, and lies. Fuck him. And as far as talking about him now, or after he is FINALLY dead:

ďPeople donít become better when theyíre dead; you just talk about them as if they are. But itís not true! People are still assholes, theyíre just dead assholes!Ē - Lemmy

ALSO, what the fuck was up with the SOTU? A scumbag piece of shit like Limbaugh gets a fucking medal, while the last of the Tuskeegee Airmen - a REAL patriot and hero - gets jack shit???? Fuck Limbaugh.

Last edited by SteveG1; 02-05-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:

How about some examples?
Old 02-05-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
ALSO, what the fuck was up with the SOTU? A scumbag piece of shit like Limbaugh gets a fucking medal, while the last of the Tuskeegee Airmen - a REAL patriot and hero - gets jack shit???? Fuck Limbaugh.
Well, he did get promoted Brigadier General (if I heard correctly, wasn't listening closely), and probably preferred that.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:08 PM

For a second, I thought Trump made Limbaugh a general. The times we live in.
Old 02-05-2020, 03:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmonk28 View Post
For a second, I thought Trump made Limbaugh a general. The times we live in.
Napoleon Boneyspurs and General Boilbutt.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:13 AM
Charter Member

Gen. Jubilation T. Cornhole.

Last edited by elucidator; 02-06-2020 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-06-2020, 02:57 AM

My BIL is your typical angry white man who hates liberals and Democrats with a passion. He would repeat Rush's talking points endlessly.

The hate which Rush helped ignite cannot easily be undone.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:

Yeah, dipshit, that explains why YOU assholes elected the pussygrabber, while Al Franken's out of a job and Anthony Weiner's in jail.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin View Post
Yeah, dipshit, that explains why YOU assholes elected the pussygrabber, while Al Franken's out of a job and Anthony Weiner's in jail.
Yup.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:10 PM

My parents listened to Rush religiously when I was growing up. I still have that stupid Do do do do do song stuck in my head from time to time. His bullshit is part of the reason I was shaped into a pretty awful fucking person for awhile before I came to my senses. I have a special hatred for him.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
Because the audiences that liberal talk shows would appeal to aren't driven by fear.
Old 02-06-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
... I still have that stupid Do do do do do song stuck in my head from time to time... .
It's actually a pretty good song. I have no idea if The Pretenders ever tried to stop him from using it, or if they tried and failed. (Or if they welcomed it, which I doubt.)
Old 02-06-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
It's actually a pretty good song. I have no idea if The Pretenders ever tried to stop him from using it, or if they tried and failed. (Or if they welcomed it, which I doubt.)
She donates the royalties to PETA, apparently:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_City_Was_Gone
Old 02-06-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin View Post
Weiner's out. I saw him on the subway a few weeks ago.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintly Loser View Post
Weiner's out. I saw him on the subway a few weeks ago.
If this is a joke, I appreciate it.

If not, then, well, carry on.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:29 PM

Quote:
She donates the royalties to PETA, apparently:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_City_Was_Gone
Most excellent solution, thanks for the info.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
If this is a joke, I appreciate it.

If not, then, well, carry on.
Not a joke. margin said he was in jail. He's not. He got out last year, and I did in fact see him on the subway recently.

Not a big deal, just correcting a trivial misstatement of fact.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Not a joke. margin said he was in jail. He's not. He got out last year, and I did in fact see him on the subway recently.

Not a big deal, just correcting a trivial misstatement of fact.
It was the way that you said it that made it sound like a joke. I was going to compliment you on it.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needscoffee View Post
It was the way that you said it that made it sound like a joke. I was going to compliment you on it.
OK. Yes, it would have been funny if I were making a joke about some subway pervert. And believe me, I've seen plenty.

But it was just a bit of triva.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
OK. Yes, it would have been funny if I were making a joke about some subway pervert. And believe me, I've seen plenty.

But it was just a bit of triva.
Ah, pity. I mean, good news for Wiener I guess. But pity it wasn't a joke about subway pervs.

To be fair, when I lived in New York, I really didn't see many oddballs on the subway, and I don't think I ever saw anyone flashing their danglies.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
I'm not sure you understood the joke.

( Shhhh...! Don't tell him... )
Old 02-07-2020, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
I have a special hatred for him.

You'll have to act fast. He's available for a limited time only...
Old 02-07-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:

David Chappelle makes a decent argument that Bill Cosby the rapist had redeeming qualities. Sure, he's still a rapist but he did some good when he wasn't raping people.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
Yup.
I voted for Hillary. I said so at the time.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
Limbaughís 69. With modern treatments, thereís a good chance heíll hang on another year or two.
Just so long as his last year or two are spent in horrible mind breaking scream at the heavens agony. Fuck that rancid lousy son of a bitch.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
Limbaughís 69. With modern treatments, thereís a good chance heíll hang on another year or two. If you make it to 70 you canít really complain too much, IMO.
Well, at least his life will not be pointless..

.. adding his name for the 2021 death pool. Points are points.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:39 PM
Elephant Whisperer

I'm a little late to the party, but I just wanted to pop in to say: Fuck you, Rush Limbaugh, you worthless piece of shit! I look forward to dancing and pissing on your gave simultaneously.