Old 01-14-2020, 05:59 PM

Anyone know if I can I get the debate through YouTube or the CNN app?

I ditched cable.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boycott View Post
Looks pretty clear that if Warren gets the nomination then Castro will be her running mate. He's campaigning with her already.
Opponents are not often running mates.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
Opponents are not often running mates.
Obama picked an opponent, and so did Kerry. ISTM that it's pretty frequent.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:17 PM

So did Reagan.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Obama picked an opponent, and so did Kerry. ISTM that it's pretty frequent.
Biden dropped out so fast that he was hardly a opponent. I dont think he even debated Obama, but I could be wrong. Joe withdrew right after the first caucus.

But yeah Kerry did.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFootsZZZ View Post
Anyone know if I can I get the debate through YouTube or the CNN app?

I ditched cable.
Per CNN's website:

The debate will air exclusively on CNN, CNN en Español, CNN International and CNN Airport Network and will stream live in its entirety, without requiring log-in to a cable provider, exclusively to CNN.com's homepage, across mobile devices via CNN's apps for iOS and Android, and via CNNgo apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast and Android TV. The debate will also air live at DesMoinesRegister.com and Democrats.org, and can be heard on CNN's SiriusXM XChannels and the Westwood One Radio Network.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
Per CNN's website:

The debate will air exclusively on CNN, CNN en Español, CNN International and CNN Airport Network and will stream live in its entirety, without requiring log-in to a cable provider, exclusively to CNN.com's homepage, across mobile devices via CNN's apps for iOS and Android, and via CNNgo apps for Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, Chromecast and Android TV. The debate will also air live at DesMoinesRegister.com and Democrats.org, and can be heard on CNN's SiriusXM XChannels and the Westwood One Radio Network.
Thank you
Old 01-14-2020, 08:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Oh, please. Biden is supposedly the enemy of the financially-struggling----that's "who he is"----but he couldn't think of a single thing to do, in eight years, that would stick it to them?
No, he's the friend of the banks and the credit card companies. He merely doesn't give a shit about the people on the other end.

Were the credit card companies spending the Obama years pressuring lawmakers for even more onerous provisions to be put into the law? Not to my knowledge. "Who he is" is the guy who's sticking up for the credit card companies, taking their side against the rest of us. But if they feel they've already won the war, then that's where he is too.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:15 AM

Quote:
It appears the Sanders campaign is going full tilt. His surrogates are blasting Biden and Warren together now. The debate will be fun!
I got it wrong.

The debate was boring. Doesn't change the dynamics before Iowa.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:26 AM

Warren refused to shake Bernies hand.

CNN is being criticized for favoring Warren and the others and putting down Sanders.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanredneck View Post
Audio picked up from the mics

Quote:
Warren:"I think you called me a liar on national TV,"
Sanders: "What?"
Warren: "I think you called me a liar on national TV,"
Sanders: "You know, let's not do it right now. If you want to have that discussion, we'll have that discussion,"
Warren: Anytime."
Sanders: "You called me a liar. You told me -- all right, let's not do it now."
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/15/p...dio/index.html
Old 01-15-2020, 10:38 PM

I have mixed feeling about Bloomberg but so think he’s going to be, as they say, a game changer.

First, he’s REALLY rich, almost 20 times richer than Trump claims to be and over 30 times richer than Steyer. And he seems really determined to defeat Trump at any cost. That is a very good thing. Vanity Fair did a short piece call “Inside Mike Bloomberg’s Plan to Drive Trump Insane”.
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020...s-donald-trump
Frankly, I think the Democrats need something big if they are going to beat Trump, and that something just might be Bloomberg’s money. And Judge Judy. Now, THATS playing to the Trump base.

I wasn’t a big fan of Bloomberg when he was mayor although I warmed to him a bit when I found out he was pretty much keeping the New York City Public Library solvent via anonymous donations ( it’s mentioned in the Atlantic article I’m about to link to but I knew previously through friends that work for the Library - they weren’t supposed to know but everyone knew.

The Atlantic did an insightful article on Bloomberg and how he not only used his wealth to get elected but he used his wealth to fund and drive public policy while in office with tactics including funding new policy initiatives out of his own pocket and founding and funding nonprofits to promote his policy initiatives.

Link
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...paigns/604390/

It may be paywalled for some, here’s an excerpt.

“Part of Bloomberg’s sales pitch is that his personal wealth (he’s worth an estimated 56 billion ) makes him incorruptible. Not only is he unbribeable; being rich enough not to take political contributions he can assume office unbeholden to donors. But Bloomberg is so rich he shifts the direction of political influence. Donors may not be able to buy influence but he can use his wealth to push things in the direction he wants.

Bloomberg spent extensively as mayor of New York. He gave massive sums to nonprofit organizations and arts groups. (Snip for brevity)...His company, Bloomberg LP, made many corporate contributions that lined up with his political interests. The money kept coming and coming and coming. It broke logjams and wore down institutional resistance. His money allowed him to drown out the opposition - and often made political rivals hold their tongue.
The timely and balanced budgets Bloomberg touted each year in PowerPoint presentations were enabled on part by spending cuts to groups that were then made whole again by the most transparent of donations.”

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 01-15-2020 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Jonathan Turley is a big Sanders supporter.
Old 01-16-2020, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
Part of Bloomberg’s sales pitch is that his personal wealth (he’s worth an estimated 56 billion ) makes him incorruptible. Not only is he unbribeable; being rich enough not to take political contributions he can assume office unbeholden to donors.
The flip side of this is that the rich float way above the things that trouble the rest of us, often to the point of being oblivious to their very existence. You aren't going to try to solve problems that you are unaware of.
Quote:
Bloomberg spent extensively as mayor of New York. He gave massive sums to nonprofit organizations and arts groups. (Snip for brevity)...His company, Bloomberg LP, made many corporate contributions that lined up with his political interests.
I won't go so far as to say that every billionaire is a policy failure, but to far too great a degree, we've abandoned solutions of public problems to the philanthropic whims of exceedingly rich people. This is what happens when we let a relative handful of people and corporations suck a good chunk of the money out of our economy.
Quote:
The timely and balanced budgets Bloomberg touted each year in PowerPoint presentations were enabled on part by spending cuts to groups that were then made whole again by the most transparent of donations.”
This won't work at a national level, needless to say.
Old 01-16-2020, 03:29 PM

I think in general, the media have been treating Bernie more fairly this time around. But that's just extraordinarily biased moderating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des Moines Register debate transcript
PHILLIP: Let's now turn to — let's now turn to an issue that's come up in the last 48 hours. Sen. Sanders, CNN reported yesterday that — and Sen. Sanders, Sen. Warren confirmed in a statement, that in 2018 you told her that you did not believe that a woman could win the election. Why did you say that?

SANDERS: Well, as a matter of fact, I didn't say it. And I don't want to waste a whole lot of time on this, because this is what Donald Trump and maybe some of the media want. Anybody knows me knows that it's incomprehensible that I would think that a woman cannot be president of the United States.

Go to YouTube today. There's a video of me 30 years ago talking about how a woman could become president of the United States. In 2015, I deferred, in fact, to Sen. Warren. There was a movement to draft Sen. Warren to run for president. And you know what, I said — stayed back. Sen. Warren decided not to run, and I then — I did run afterwards.

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million votes. How could anybody in a million years not believe that a woman could become president of the United States? And let me be very clear. If any of the women on this stage or any of the men on this stage win the nomination, I hope that's not the case, I hope it's me.

(LAUGHTER)

But if they do, I will do everything in my power to make sure that they are elected in order to defeat the most dangerous president in the history of our country.

(APPLAUSE)

PHILLIP: So Sen. Sanders — Sen. Sanders, I do want to be clear here, you're saying that you never told Sen. Warren that a woman could not win the election?

SANDERS: That is correct.

PHILLIP: Sen. Warren, what did you think when Sen. Sanders told you a woman could not win the election?

(LAUGHTER)
Old 01-18-2020, 12:51 AM

Bernie Bros are now threatening to sit out the election if Biden is the nominee.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ate-a-centrist
Old 01-18-2020, 01:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
Bernie Bros are now threatening to sit out the election if Biden is the nominee.

This is exactly why we need to get rid of Sanders.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:

This linked article is basically right wing concern trolling. Chances are that with a little effort a reporter could find a few supporters of every candidate who has similar feelings.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Jackelen, an IT professional from Ames, said Biden’s refusal to call billionaires “the enemy” was one reason his potential nomination in 2020 could suppress the left-wing vote.
Two comments:
(1) Being an "IT professional" does not imply political intelligence. My experience has been that many of the most virulent and ignorant political opinions come from electronic techs, or IT professionals.
(2) In what perverted universe are "billionaires" the "enemy"?? IIRC, Gates, Buffett, Soros (and Bloomberg? Steyer?) are all on record as agreeing with Sanders/Warren in thinking taxes on the rich should be higher.

Most billionaires are successful entrepreneurs. Are successful artists also the "enemy"? How about successful athletes?

Sure, some billionaires are assholes. But some laid-off coal-miners are assholes too. It's garbage nonsense from The Left like "billionaires are the enemy" that helps motivate confused right-wing thinking.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:10 PM

Iowa and Nevada using mobile apps to collect caucus results

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/iowa-...b674e44b98f477
Old 01-18-2020, 03:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
Sure, some billionaires are assholes. But some laid-off coal-miners are assholes too. It's garbage nonsense from The Left like "billionaires are the enemy" that helps motivate confused right-wing thinking.
To the (pretty significant, AFAICT) extent that billionaires want to preserve the incredibly imbalanced atate of wealth in this country and use their influence to do so, yes, billionaires are the enemy.

Laid-off coal miners might be assholes too, but their assholism doesn't have consequences beyond their circle of friends.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:40 PM

If it matters many billionaires have pledged to give away all their money to charity, or at least half of it. List here:

Gates and Buffet are going to essentially give everything to charity.

I've met John Sall on the list at a party at his house. His house is 10,000 square feet but nothing fancy about it it's the same as my place, just way bigger. He's a big donor to Dems. He had a picture with his daughter and Obama which is a perk for big donors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Giving_Pledge
Old 01-18-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
Laid-off coal miners might be assholes too, but their assholism doesn't have consequences beyond their circle of friends.
And helping elect Trump. That is a consequence. Billionaires only have a fraction of the voting block bitter Trumpster coal miners have.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
If it matters many billionaires have pledged to give away all their money to charity, or at least half of it.
That's better than the Koch family or the Walton family or quite a few others, but even if it's a significant fraction of U.S. billionaires, it's still their choices rather than ours. The money should be paying workers better right now, making college and health care and retirement affordable for everyone right now, rather than being donated to charity at some unknown point in the future.
Quote:
I've met John Sall on the list at a party at his house. His house is 10,000 square feet but nothing fancy about it it's the same as my place, just way bigger. He's a big donor to Dems. He had a picture with his daughter and Obama which is a perk for big donors.
Again, that's nice, but again, the influence of big donors, and the necessity of raising money by spending most afternoons on the phone with them and a lot of evenings at fundraising events with them, skews the priorities of Democratic politicians towards the priorities of the rich.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly View Post
... the influence of big donors, and the necessity of raising money by spending most afternoons on the phone with them and a lot of evenings at fundraising events with them, skews the priorities of Democratic politicians towards the priorities of the rich.
A reasonable if potentially debatable observation regarding process and quite a bit of a different position than your previous brushstroke demonization of a "them" categorically -
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFirefly
...billionaires are the enemy ...
Billionaires get a much much louder voice on a per capita basis. No question.

The level of wealth and thus power inequality in this country is an increasingly larger and larger problem. 100% agreed. Including by some billionaires.

But sorry I cannot consider Warren Buffet an enemy of the people. Even Steyer and Bloomberg do not get thrown into the enemy camp based on billionaire = enemy. They may not be great candidates in my mind, and there is something wrong with the fact that being that wealthy alone gets you in a consideration tier by virtue of how money amplifies your voice, but ... enemy? No.
Old 01-18-2020, 07:41 PM

...and so it begins.

Minnesota early in-person voting started yesterday. We just won't get the results till Super Tuesday. Minnesota tends toward high turnout overall and high early voting rates, though. Voters are allowed to go back and change their votes if something changes their mind.

IA may be the first in the nation to report results. Minnesota is kind of giving the notion that they go first the finger while staying just inside what is allowed by the DNC.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeid View Post
...The level of wealth and thus power inequality in this country is an increasingly larger and larger problem. 100% agreed. Including by some billionaires.

But sorry I cannot consider Warren Buffet an enemy of the people. Even Steyer and Bloomberg do not get thrown into the enemy camp based on billionaire = enemy. They may not be great candidates in my mind, and there is something wrong with the fact that being that wealthy alone gets you in a consideration tier by virtue of how money amplifies your voice, but ... enemy? No.
The entire "us versus them," politics-of-resentment approach that has characterized Sanders' 2016 and 2020 campaigns (in my opinion) is foolish. Granted, it does generate votes from a certain percentage of the electorate, because many humans respond enthusiastically to that sort of tribalism. As is often observed, Sanders voters have a lot in common with Trump voters. Rah, rah, Us! Down with Them! Lock Them Up! (etc)

I prefer an approach that acknowledges that humans respond to incentives, rather than one that claims that some humans (poor ones) are inherently virtuous, while other humans (rich ones) are inherently evil.

The good-poor-versus-evil-rich approach also leads to some absurdities, such as Sanders' need to change his well-known "millionaires and billionaires" references, once his own millionaire-status became known. Now it's just "billionaires." To those of us who have listened to Sanders for years, the change is obvious---and doesn't redound to Sanders' credit.

A particular billionaire may be the enemy of democracy and human rights. And another billionaire may spend hugely to promote democracy and human rights. You can't predict which is which solely on the basis of their net worth.

I agree fully with the Sanders camp that the current level of income and asset inequality, and the system that ensures that those gaps will increase, is extremely bad for this nation (as well as being bad for the world in general). I'm fully on board with policies that will change that untenable situation. It needs changing and it must change--but that can happen only if we acknowledge actual human psychology, rather than clinging to foolish ideas such as 'poor = virtuous and rich = evil.'

Vilifying people based on their bank account totals is stupid. It's not a winning electoral strategy for the general election.
Old 01-18-2020, 08:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSeid View Post
A reasonable if potentially debatable observation regarding process and quite a bit of a different position than your previous brushstroke demonization of a "them" categorically -
It rather changes what I said if you elide out all the "to the extent that" stuff.

I can pick stuff from your posts out of context too, and make it look like you said something very different from what you really said.

But I have no intention of playing that game. This is the Dope.
Old 01-18-2020, 09:20 PM

Some of the billionaires who have pledged to donate 50% or more of their wealth have already made large donations before they die. For example Gates foundation has donated $50 billion already. And they still have $50 bil left.

Here is what they donated to:

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/Who-...tion-Factsheet
Old 01-18-2020, 10:25 PM

Wow.

Stay classy, Bernie. (Reuters)

Quote:
Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden accused rival Bernie Sanders’s campaign on Saturday of disseminating a “doctored” video edited to falsely appear to show the former vice president supporting cutting Social Security, and called on the Sanders campaign to disown it.

<snip>

PolitiFact, an independent fact-checker, rated the Sanders newsletter as false.
It's necessary to read the full article to understand what is happening. But I say again: Wow.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:32 PM

Guess the gloves are off now if they were not already
Old 01-18-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Guess the gloves are off now if they were not already
But this isn't "the gloves are off." This is engaging in the same sort of lying bullshit that TrumpCo does. To deliberately twist Biden's words to a meaning that's the exact opposite of what he was actually saying is garbage propaganda at its finest.

He did the same thing in 2016. I'm not surprised. Only sad and disappointed.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
Wow.

It's necessary to read the full article to understand what is happening. But I say again: Wow.
Sanders is clearly in the pay of the GOP and the kremlin. There is no other explanation. he is going to make trump president again. Bernie has gone bonkers.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:11 AM

You know, I never cared if Bernie won in a fair fight. Not in 2016, not in 2020. I'd have voted for him if that had been the case.

But employing these low rent, nasty tactics is beneath any Democratic candidate. It should be beneath any Republican candidate too, but my expectations for that side of the aisle are so low that the gutter would be a step up.

I was on the fence over who was responsible for the dust-up between Warren and Sanders, but not anymore. Bernie's leopard spots haven't changed since 2016.

I just sent Biden another $50.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:12 AM

There is nothing to be gained from backing down. This doesn't just apply to Sanders. It applies to everyone.

He's trying to play the game. Don't know if he can win or not, but I can't fault him for playing to win.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamoral View Post
There is nothing to be gained from backing down. This doesn't just apply to Sanders. It applies to everyone.

He's trying to play the game. Don't know if he can win or not, but I can't fault him for playing to win.
By lying? The end justifies the means? May as well be a Trump Republican, then.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:25 AM

He shouldn't have lied. But if he's going to lie, it's better to not back down than to admit to it. In two days, NOBODY IS GOING TO BE TALKING ABOUT THIS. He can either have it ON THE RECORD that he admitted to lying - or not, and wait for everyone to move on to another subject. Nothing to be gained from backing down!!
Old 01-19-2020, 01:28 AM

Oh, I'm going to be talking about it. I'm going to make sure everyone in my sphere is aware of it.

I hope Bernie pays a price for stooping this low.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:50 AM

Meh. I dislike Biden enough that a misleading video about him doesn't really bother me.

Especially when it appears to me that Biden really has been all over the place on spending for SS and other social programs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidsiro...03343230410754

Biden's not quite my least favorite of the Democrats, but he's almost there. I'd vastly prefer Bernie to him.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspenglow View Post
Wow.

Jeez, Team Bernie, wasn't there enough material to attack Biden on the merits, that you had to make up shit like this?

Besides being totally dishonest, it's incredibly stupid and unnecessary.

I was getting to a point where I was thinking that if Warren can't come back and win this thing, then Bernie would be my second choice. Fuck that shit. I'd still rather have him than Buttigieg, Gabbard, or the billionaires, but that's about as much as I can say for him right now.

It almost physically hurts me to say this, but Biden's now my second choice. I say this still gritting my teeth and knowing the Democratic Party would probably be walking into a trap with Joe, but even still.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Some of the billionaires who have pledged to donate 50% or more of their wealth have already made large donations before they die. For example Gates foundation has donated $50 billion already. And they still have $50 bil left.

Here is what they donated to:

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/Who-...tion-Factsheet
The point is, they're arrogating to themselves the right to make choices personally that we ought to be making as a democracy.

Like I said, to the extent that they want to keep it that way, they're the enemy. It's one thing if they're saying, "we're giving away our money and we're also lobbying for laws that would redistribute wealth downward," but if they're fine with how things are, it doesn't matter how much they're giving away. They're still in favor of our being a society where an overclass makes all the big decisions. If they're against small-d democracy itself, they're the enemy.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:58 AM

I agree it's bad these guys have so much wealth but it makes me feel a slight bit better when they donate it to charities.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamoral View Post
He shouldn't have lied. But if he's going to lie, it's better to not back down than to admit to it. In two days, NOBODY IS GOING TO BE TALKING ABOUT THIS. He can either have it ON THE RECORD that he admitted to lying - or not, and wait for everyone to move on to another subject. Nothing to be gained from backing down!!
He doesn't have to "go on the record" for anything. All he has to do is blame some staffer for "making a mistake" about posting the video and move on. Doubling down on a proven lie just makes him a damn liar. Isn't that what we're trying to get out of the WH?
Old 01-19-2020, 11:35 AM

Sleepy Joe has called for social security cuts as recently as 2018

https://theintercept.com/2020/01/13/...cial-security/
Old 01-19-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:

What do you think is the most damning part in that article?
Old 01-19-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiandyiiii View Post
Meh. I dislike Biden enough that a misleading video about him doesn't really bother me.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Another Sanders supporter lying again. A "Freeze' on increasing all of the Federal budget, which includes SocSec, and Military and Congress pay and Foreign aid and everything else- is not a 'cut" to anything.

A freeze is not a cut, never has been never will be.

Joe has never advocated cutting SocSec.

This attack on Biden by Sanders and his Berniebros is scurrilous.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:

And can we assume by your use of Trump's chosen "nickname" for Joe Biden that you're on Team Trump if it comes down to Biden vs. Trump? I mean, you're doing Trump's work for him by misrepresenting Biden's record after all.

And seriously, the only people who use "Sleepy Joe" are Trump and the mooks who blindly follow him. Way to carry out Trump's messaging.

Last edited by Happy Lendervedder; 01-19-2020 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:17 PM

The only thing I'm taking away from this is that these candidates are really shitty candidates if TRUMP'S derisive nicknames for them are sticking with DEMOCRATIC voters. No, this guy is obviously not on Team Trump. But Biden is so unlikable that even Democrats want to call him names.

I personally wouldn't call him "sleepy Joe" because he doesn't seem sleepy to me; he seems like a combination of senile and manic.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
He doesn't have to "go on the record" for anything. All he has to do is blame some staffer for "making a mistake" about posting the video and move on. Doubling down on a proven lie just makes him a damn liar. Isn't that what we're trying to get out of the WH?
If anything the failure to do that is a lost opportunity for Sanders to reinforce his brand, the same brand that couldn't give a damn about Clinton's e-mails.

The timing of it also couldn't be worse for him, while he and Warren are on hot mics each complaining about how the other is calling them a liar.

The one consistent strength Sanders has always had is how people perceive him as someone who is honest, who speaks truth to power. His strength as a primary candidate has included that he didn't try to claim that his M4A would not mean more taxes (but did mean less net overall costs for most). Playing loose with the truth in a dirty pool way, even allowing your staff to do so without your repudiation, is off brand at a time when that brand is already under attack as some are already concluding that you are lying about what you said to Warren in private.

It is also a really bad look to be wearing as the impeachment trial starts ... really don't need to have it pointed out how D senators lie for political gain and deny it right now.