Old 02-10-2020, 07:14 AM

the best food i never ate MMP

ok heres what happened after getting depressed because i realized today was the day mom passed and great aunt 8snt doing as great as we were led to beleive i getva phone call from grubhub saying delivery girl shes at my door im llke you have the wrong address

som we're talking and i check grubhub and theres 4 flippin orders for today for and i ndidnt order anything since thev 3rd .. so its being investigated seems to be teenagers ......

hope evrrybone has a better timr of it ?...?
Old 02-10-2020, 07:28 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Up, showered, dressed, and about to finish packing. We'll then check out, get some breakfast, and head home. I will miss the view of the ocean, but I'll be gladder to sleep in my own bed. And so reality returns.

Eons ago when I was a dumb teen, I thought it would be hilarious to order a bunch of pizzas to be sent to someone. Of course, I never did it because I'm nice, dammit. It wasn't till years later that I realized what a crappy thing that would be. It's never happened to me, but I wouldn't be amused...

Happy Moanday!!
Old 02-10-2020, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 50 Amurrkin out and clear with a predicted high of 77 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Pre-Spring is here again with a hint of pine tree orgy in the air. Today we shall spiff da cave. Majik intartoobz pizza for sup and I have Vestry meetin' tonight. I foresee a two hour meetin'. ICK!

{{{shades}}} hope you're feelin' a little better today. Also I hope Grub Hub catches up with whoever did this. A definitely not funny prank!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Moanday Y'all!
Old 02-10-2020, 07:43 AM
Charter Member

I have been remiss!

HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY TOOOOOO YOUUUUUU!!!!!!
HAAAPPPYYY BIIIRRRTTTHHHDDDAAAYYY DEEEAAARRR DDDOOOGGGIIIOOO!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2020, 07:48 AM

Happy Moanday, mumpers!

Busy weekend for me, going to see bands, dodging storms, packing up more stuff at mum's flat and generally being very busy. Most of the work at mum's is done now, I am waiting for a charity to give me a date when they can come and look at the furniture etc to see what they can take away, then I need a gas/electric person to disconnect and remove the cooker and fire, then we need to take up and dispose of the carpets, and give the place a final clean. Seems like it is going on forever though.

My brother said he was coming over to help yesterday, I was there at 10am with a family friend, apparently his idea of helping is taking his son to look at cars in the morning, stopping somewhere for lunch, sitting out a rainshower, then turning up at 2pm for a cup of tea, loading up a piece of furniture they decided they wanted (hence the need to bring both their cars), drink more tea while the son was sorting out the price of the car he wants, insurance and a loan....then disappearing off a couple of hours later without actually having contributed much at all.

shades sorry to hear about the teens and the food prank. Not fun at all, especially when you are not in the mood to even consider that there might be a funny side to it.

Happy DoggioDay!

Last edited by scareyfaerie; 02-10-2020 at 07:49 AM. Reason: It's happy DoggioDay
Old 02-10-2020, 08:09 AM

Morning all. Starting out deep in negatives...as in the old way of taking photos, I have no idea why I saved them all these years, going through maybe 100 envelopes to make sure I get all the photos out, but then the negatives positively become trash. 49F going to 60F but rain is likely.

shades, can't think of anyone playing that prank on me (if I found out who did it, they'd only do it the once). Best food I've never eaten is probably any fish dish or very spicy food, I'm sure I have had many delicious opportunities in my life, but never had a one.

boofae, sounds like brother will be the one too complain the most that "he didn't get his fair share" when all is said and done. I hope to visit Europe in 2021, if you need him hit with a mallet, let me know...

Happy Birthday doggio! How much in dog years?

FCM, safe travels home...bet Roxy will be happy to see you.

Everyone take care and hope this week will be better than the last one for all us'all MMP'ers.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 02-10-2020 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:10 AM

Happy Moonday!

Happy Birthday Doggio!

It's a rainy 41 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 50 today.

I got up earlier than I wanted to because Ripple wanted out. Or so he said. When I opened the door, he stood there.
No dog, you don't get to make me get out of bed early and then decide you don't want to go out.
The cat tried pulling some bullshit on me this morning too. Decided he doesn't want to eat his food, he wants treats. I indulged him last night, this morning it was eat your damn food or starve.
He decided to go outside.

Why oh why did I sign my son up for History of Jazz? Jazz is not my favorite genre, but I can enjoy some of it and take the rest in small doses. Last night he had to listen to the same ragtime piece over and over and over and over again to analyze it.
Scott Joplin - Solace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLNORRrRyMQ

He needs to analyze faster.

I talked to the neighbor yesterday. The one on the other side. I was being nosy about all the comings and goings. The landlord is fixing up the upstairs to rent it out again. I told the guy here is my list of qualifications for the renter, like what I think matters. He laughed and said he agreed with my list and had a few more of his own. I kind of figured the landlord wasn't going to sell the house and only told the other tenants that to force them out.
It was only after I went outside that I realized I wasn't dressed to be in public.

I don't know if my park friend is coming over today or not.
I kind of hope she comes tomorrow, not today, but if she wants to come today, that is cool.

Only things on the agenda for today are irk and houseirk. And finding something to make for dinner.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 02-10-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:10 AM

Good mornin' troops!

Gotta get out before it gets hot here. Projecting 80F today.

On Mondays the pharmacy has 20% off everything. Then off to the super. Critters are out of toppings for the kibble. And they may be planning a revolution. Grab some cup-a-soup. Seems to be a staple. No grubhub service here. Then maybe a shave at the barbershop.

At home, out of the heat, I will take roll call on the 1099's for the taxman. Hopefully they have all been received.

Leftover paella for lunch. Then siesta.

Happy moanday to everyone!
Old 02-10-2020, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. I need to run the the Likker Sto today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Happy Birthday doggio! How much in dog years?
Dead.

That sucks about the food thing, shades.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:25 PM

Happy Birthday Doggio!
Old 02-10-2020, 12:46 PM

I think my cat is cheating on me.
He came home and he reeked of fish.
I think the only reason he let me pick him up today is so he could rub my nose in it - literally.
Somebody else must be feeding him.

We have another damn mouse. Ripple went after it, but it escaped behind the dishwasher.
Instead of out galavanting around looking for a better meal, the damn cat needs to stay home and earn his keep.

Didn't hear from park friend so I assume she is not coming over today. I know she has been super busy at irk.

My son just let me know that he is out of food, so I guess ordering groceries to pick up tomorrow is on the agenda for today. Joy.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:09 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Home at last! Actually, the drive back wasn't bad, tho it was not the route I was expecting. And luckily, we got home in time for SIL to go to work - I thought he was off today - I misread the schedule. oops! He bugged out as we walked in.

FCD is napping and I need to eat some vegetable or fruit matter. I realized that over the whole weekend, my non-bread-or-protein intake consisted of one small salad, a small serving of fruit, and a bowl of onion soup. No wonder my gut is protesting!!! I plan to make veggie soup for supper, too.

Oh, yeah:
HAPPY DOGGIO DAY!!!
Old 02-10-2020, 01:12 PM

Called Habitat for Humanity about the ceiling fans and (1) Yess, they'll take them and (2) No, they won't pick them up, that's my job. So guess I'll haul them over there 2-by-2, haven't got anything else planned. Still raining and from the looks of the weather map, it'll be raining for awhile yet.

Sari, hope the brat cat starts to earn his keep.

Off I go.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
I need to run the the Likker Sto today.

[/b].
You have your priorities in order.

Felicidades! and cheers!
Old 02-10-2020, 02:16 PM

Happy birthday Doggio!

Evenin' rest of ye. Still windy, not blown away yet though. I hope the weather improves before Friday; I'm off to the Peak District for the weekend, and I'd rather not be stuck inside the whole time. I'm trying to get totally up to date with everything before I go (hah) so I can relax for a couple of days. It might work.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:42 PM

Happy B'day! doggio.

I never got to eat chocolate dipt strawberries ☹️
Old 02-10-2020, 02:54 PM

My son tells me he's not shaving before school today. I say I don't care and ask is there nobody there you want to impress. He says no, I say no cute girls in your class, he says no, I think DAMN!
I was hoping he'd meet somebody nice.

Then my mother calls and says she doesn't know if she should thank me or cuss me. I got her a scale for her birthday, a fairly nice but not so expensive one. It tells you your height, your weight, how much of you is fat, water, and muscle. It also tells you what age your body is. She just turned 84, the scale says she is 87. I have no idea how the scale knows all that stuff.

She wants to know if I am having a graduation party for my son. I said I guess I could, but he won't come. She is also disappointed that he is not going to the graduation ceremony. Sure, we can all drive out to Frostburg. He wouldn't graduate on stage from HS, not even when she offered him $1000 to do so, what makes her thing he would do it now?
He just doesn't care about 'stuff'.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 02-10-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Morning all. Starting out deep in negatives...as in the old way of taking photos, I have no idea why I saved them all these years, going through maybe 100 envelopes to make sure I get all the photos out, but then the negatives positively become trash. 49F going to 60F but rain is likely.
I have negatives kept with pics, but only some of them are in albums, the rest are in a paper box or two & it's not the easiest to find something because you gotta remember the date of it...& all that stuff was a long time ago as I went digital many years ago. Much easier to find stuff now.

Since you is an old Doggio are you learning any new tricks???

I shall have a drink bottle with for you. Hic.

Quote:
Called Habitat for Humanity about the ceiling fans and (1) Yess, they'll take them and (2) No, they won't pick them up, that's my job. So guess I'll haul them over there 2-by-2, haven't got anything else planned.
♫ Bung, bung, bung, bung, bung
Bung, bung, bung, bung, bung
Mr. Fanman, bring me a Fan
Make it the coolest that I've ever felt
Give it four blades turning over & over
Then tell me that my hot nights are over. ♪♫

Went to the groc yesterday to get ginger for dinner; they didn't have it but they did have a huuugge bottle (32oz) of minced garlic on sale. It even has a 4 yr use by date on it. The bottle that I bought is going to the gf's & I'll buy another one for me. Vampires wilst be scarce around these parts.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:45 PM

Spidey, actually they were 5-bladers with 3 lights hanging below the fan. Managed to get them all into the back of the Durango and get them down to the place, they took them without any questions. So now I can park in my garage again.

And I just tossed the negatives out, I have so many pictures that are not in albums that they'll probably never get completely organized.

Still raining here but it looks like the worse stuff is going south of here (if you're in Birmingham or Atlanta, batten down). Only got to 53F today.

Sari, not to surprised son won't do the ceremony; strikes me that getting him to do anything in public (like going to class) is a victory of sorts. And if I had a scale, it certainly wouldn't be telling me anything but my weight....
Old 02-10-2020, 04:00 PM
Charter Member

Happy Birthday Doggio! EAt lots of cqk4!
Old 02-10-2020, 04:01 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

There's a pot of veggie-beef-rice soup simmering on the stove. Roxy is wearing her Baby Shark t-shirt. It's raining. Daughter will leave for class shortly.

Yep, we're home!
Old 02-10-2020, 04:33 PM

My electric is off. I should kick the generator on but I keep thinking it's a fluke. No weather really. Light rain. There was a hailstorm last night. Maybe something happened there. Mr.Wrekker needs to come see about this. I texted him.
Cat's do not like this, one little bit.
I lit candles and they are sitting and staring at them. I can't leave the room. I'm afraid they'll burn their whiskers off. Dummies.
No supper plans til I can see. I have leftovers. We'll do that, I guess.
I need to grocery shop. I may send the Big Wrek if he ever gets home.
Good evening, y'all!
()
Old 02-10-2020, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

That definition of eternity is with me today = waiting for my EP's office to call with the appointment time for my cardiac reboot that's supposed to be happening tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:23 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Veggie beef soup was good - Roxy had 2 servings. Her current favorite snack is apple slices. It's supplanted bananas.

I's tahred. I won't need Mel tonight. Daughter just got home, so she's got the kid now. I'll knit a little till I'm ready to crash. Thus endeth my day.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckdawrek View Post
My electric is off. I should kick the generator on but I keep thinking it's a fluke. No weather really. Light rain. There was a hailstorm last night. Maybe something happened there. Mr.Wrekker needs to come see about this. I texted him.
Cat's do not like this, one little bit.
I lit candles and they are sitting and staring at them. I can't leave the room. I'm afraid they'll burn their whiskers off. Dummies.
No supper plans til I can see. I have leftovers. We'll do that, I guess.
I need to grocery shop. I may send the Big Wrek if he ever gets home.
Good evening, y'all!
()
The siameezers are more apt to knock the candles over and burn down your house than burn their own whiskers off.

Happy birthday doggio!

metal mouse, I've digitized almost all of my old negatives, but I inherited some from the first half of the twentieth century that I've kept the originals as well.

It's rained almost all day. It was pouring down buckets when I took Nelson out this morning, it alternated between regular rain and buckets on the way to irk, sprinkles on the way home and a few drops when I walked the dog when I got home. We have flood warnings, as they're calling for more rain this week.

When I stopped at the post office to mail a package after irk, I came out to a lady who had fallen and couldn't get herself up. She was trying, with the help of a couple of bystanders to pull herself up on her car with no success. She was a large enough woman that those of us who stopped to help couldn't really lift her (we were all AARP age), so one woman called the paramedics. They got her to her feet pretty quickly. I asked her if she could make it home by herself and if someone was there when she got there and she said yes. She was only ten years older than me.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:34 PM

Doggio, is you glad you is single today?
Old 02-10-2020, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone! I feel truly blessed* Had a birthday martini or 3, and dinner is baked salmon, wild rice blend, and sauteed green beans and mushrooms with garlic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Since you is an old Doggio are you learning any new tricks???
I can't turn tricks till my parole ends.

Quote:
♫ Bung, bung, bung, bung, bung
Bung, bung, bung, bung, bung
Mr. Fanman, bring me a Fan
Make it the coolest that I've ever felt
Give it four blades turning over & over
Then tell me that my hot nights are over. ♪♫
: holds up Zippo :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
Happy Birthday Doggio! EAt lots of cqk4!
Rum cake, apparently.

Quote:
Doggio, is you glad you is single today?

I prefer the butt, penetration, and swinging.

*It would have killed God to bless me with $500mil and an auxiliary liver, though?
Old 02-10-2020, 08:19 PM

Red, getting your good deed for the year out of the way early, huh?

gotti, hope all goes well tomorrow with the reboot.

Becks, you still in the dark?

Cupcakes, I'd love to have your recipe for cqk4...

Hung up my brag wall (retirement stuff including a flag flown over the Capitol--not sure there is much to brag about there). Need to decide and hang about 2-3 more large items, then the rest are pretty easy.

All y'all take care.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:40 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Home from a loooooooooooong Vestry meetin'. Personally I think we could have shaved forty-five minutes off the meetin' easy. The bidness of the Parish is our concern, but really, an hour and a half at most is all it should take. March 7th we have a retreat day which will be about six hours, but it will be some plannin' stuff which I don't mind and also will include N.O.L. so there's that at least.

I's hongry so off to find some snackage.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:44 PM
Charter Member

I dragged my way through work today, but I still feel awful. I'm turning in now.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:09 PM

I let Wendys cook dinner tonight. I've had the grumpies all day.

My son said all of us need to go to the park. I think we are getting on his nerves.
I cussed at a rude ass driver, but I think he didn't hear me.
Traffic was heavy so I stopped at the light so I wouldn't be blocking the intersection if the light turned red. The car in front of me was pulling forward, so I started to go across the intersection and the guy next to me took off, cut me off and took that spot, so now I'm in the middle of the intersection. Fortunately, the cars in front of me started moving before the light changed.

It's been getting really crazy up here, a lot more crime, a lot more rude and stupid people. Rumor has it that Baltimore had been exporting the riff raff up here.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:20 PM

Let there be light! Yea, verily!
Electric is back on. Still raining.
TeeVee quit acting stoopid!

Cat's are on their dryer beds. I'm officially out of dirty duds. I hope they enjoy this load.

Good evening you guys!
Old 02-10-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Red, getting your good deed for the year out of the way early, huh?

gotti, hope all goes well tomorrow with the reboot.

Becks, you still in the dark?

Cupcakes, I'd love to have your recipe for cqk4...

Hung up my brag wall (retirement stuff including a flag flown over the Capitol--not sure there is much to brag about there). Need to decide and hang about 2-3 more large items, then the rest are pretty easy.

All y'all take care.
I took the girl scout thing to heart.

I have an American flag that flew over the capitol and a Tennessee state flag that flew over the state capitol, courtesy of placing the winning bid at a silent auction for the local Democratic party. They're in the closet in boxes with their certificate.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:21 PM
Charter Member

I am not happy. There will be no rebooting, but my EP's office needs a boot to the head. Someone at the EP's office was late putting in the request, then the scheduler person had a question so they called the EP's office, which apparently didn't respond in time. Now I have to wait another week because the person who would have taken me home from the procedure is only available on Mondays or Tuesdays.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:18 AM

gotti, I feel you. Man, health care is just is just one big laughfest!
My favorite tactic when they get jerky with me: I put on my most solemn face and with a slight quiver in my voice say "Hey, I'm just trying not to die, here" Works everytime.
Good-luck.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:06 AM

Sorry to hear you have medical woes, gotti, healthcare is no fun at all.

I went to the gym last night, so I am all achy today. It snowed while I was at the station waiting for my train, not happy about that. Now it's sunny so happier about that...but it's cold and windy, and I have two meetings in different bits of campus today which means I have to venture out later.

Managed to book a charity house-clearing visit next Wednesday for mum's flat so hopefully they will be able to take the bulk of the remaining furniture and we'll have to deal with whatever's left. My brother says he's coming over for that, if it's like his idea of coming to help this past weekend, he'll turn up after everything's done.

metalmouse if you are visiting Europe, Budapest is lovely and well worth a trip although I would say that Prague, Tallinn and Sibiu are much nicer to look at! Also, please stalk my brother and beat him about the head with a frozen fish.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:04 AM

We are still hanging in there.

Happy Birthday Dooggiooo. I hope it was a good one.

I am still off irk to stay with my patient.He is getting better but slowly. I plan to clean and do laundry today plus a quick run to the store for items I forgot the other day.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 02-11-2020 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:53 AM

well sad thing about the food order is i didnt get any theyvwere about 200 miles away .... i mean if you know if its gonna get wrote off ya could of sent me some my way for the inconvience ......

happy bday to our favorite mutt
Old 02-11-2020, 07:35 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

sari - you could always move to my area... except I think the average home price has crept to the middle $300k and I suspect you don't want to get that deep in debt. It blows my mind to see developer signs with "New homes from the low $400s" as if that's some great deal! Not to mention the HOA fees on top of that, because every new development has an HOA. No thanks!

It's raining, and it will continue thru Thurs, when the temp is supposed to climb into the 60s. Then Firday's high is forecast in the 30s. This is easily the weirdest winter I've experienced! I'll brave the rain a little later and take Roxy to the grocery store. Then I'll turn her over to her father because FCD wants me to do some work for him. That should be my day.

I did not like what the scale told me this morning, but I shouldn't be surprised, since there was a serious lack of veggies and an overload of starches and sugars over our long weekend. Time to get back to healthy eating. I'm not concerned about our cruise, tho - they offer a good variety of healthy options and avoiding fried stuff and greasy stuff is pretty easy. Anyway, I'll procure fresh produce at Food Lion and straighten things out.

Happy Tuesday!!
Old 02-11-2020, 08:42 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* We were slugs abed until eight this mornin'. 'Tis 67 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 77 and maybe rain/tstorms/apocalypse this afternoon/evenin'. Or not. TWPTB are in willy-nilly mode. Today laundry shall be accomplished and I shall make a ham pot pie for sup. That is the entire extent of plans today.

gotti that well and truly sucks!

CupCakes get plenty of rest. Drink liquids. Whatever else one is supposed to do for a cold.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Tuesday Y'all!
Old 02-11-2020, 08:58 AM

Been up awhile. Cat's are a**holes! They actually thought I was about to open stinky Kitty pate at 5am. Well...
Yeah, you're right I opened it. Gagged. Drank a protein thingy and tried to go back to sleep.
About the time I was dozing off Mr.Wrekker thought it was time for his breakfast. I wanted to give Kitty pate. He, too is an a**hole. I fried his stinky venison sausage and ran upstairs gagging.
Not feeling great. I took a shower to get sausage scent off me. Going for my IV at the diabetic clinic this morning. Crossed fingers this will bump me up. Just a few more of these and then the Big surgery. I'll be so happy when this ordeal is over.
Must walk doggies now. In a light rain.

Good morning all!

Last edited by Beckdawrek; 02-11-2020 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:19 AM

gotti, hope they get it right next week--stay on them about it!

Becks, Mr. Wrek can't fry his own sausage?? And hope the IV helps.

FCM, we're not as high priced down here, but yeah, $200's and $300-thousands in new developments made to look like a bargain--glad I bought my place in 1997.

boo fae, you wrote:
Quote:
metalmouse if you are visiting Europe, Budapest is lovely and well worth a trip although I would say that Prague, Tallinn and Sibiu are much nicer to look at! Also, please stalk my brother and beat him about the head with a frozen fish.
Budapest is definitely on my list, as is Vienna. Will look at the others as possiblities. And on the other part, instead of a mallet you'd rather I hit him with a mullet??

Morning all. The last bit of delivered furniture (ottoman and chest of drawers) arrives this afternoon. Need to stop at Kroger and Wal-Mart this morning and continue my (slow) process of putting stuff up on the walls. Rain has stopped overnight, but more is expected later today. Creeks and ponds are high but not out of their banks...yet. Supposed to get near 70F tomorrow, however.

All y'all have a good 2day.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:35 AM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:

Budapest is definitely on my list,
Watch out for vampires.
Place is crawling with them.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:26 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Roxy and I have returned from Food Lion with most of what I wanted to get. Shoulda had a list, dammit.

She's now watching her favorite video full of awful earworms. We've already played catch with a balloon and read a couple of books, so it's not like I park her in front of TV - I'm not that grandmother! And she doesn't just sit there in zombie mode - she's dancing with the police car video right now. Kid cracks me up!

I slept pretty well last night, and I needed it. I've pulled out a meatloaf for supper. The dishwasher is loaded. I need to vacuum and the cat box needs scooping. Always something. I want a self-cleaning house, dammit!
Old 02-11-2020, 11:22 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. There's a gas leak in the apartment. I am not signing the lease renewal till I know I won't explode.

gotti, that sucks.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:30 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

doggio - I agree with a no-explode clause. I like you in your unexploded state.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:36 PM

Happy Toosday!

It's a gloomy rainy foggy 46 degrees outside.
I'm hoping it stops raining long enough for us to pick up the groceries.

The brats let me sleep in today, lots of weird dreams.
They are driving me crazy though, in and out all day long, they are bored.

The board doesn't want to let me post today.

FCM - are you sure you'd want my crazy in your area?
I don't want to go that deeply into debt at my age.

I guess somebody did say something to the asshole across the street, the old man doesn't lay on the horn anymore when he comes to pick up whoever it is he picks up. Glad somebody else did it before I did. I'm sure they were a lot more diplomatic than I would have been. I mentioned it to the guy next door and he said is that who was doing that? So I know I am not the only person who was annoyed with it.

The auction up the street is today, at 7:34 pm. Why 7:34, not 7:30 or 7:35?
We will be home long before then and so won't have to deal with all the bs.

Poor Echo has something on the end of her muzzle, I think it may be a wart. I'll get the vet to look at it after she is out of heat. I thought she was, but then it started up again. All of us, including my son, will be glad when we can go back to the park.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:00 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
FCM - are you sure you'd want my crazy in your area?
I don't want to go that deeply into debt at my age.
Yeah, like your crazy would be any crazier than the local crazy...

There was a house listed recently for just over $60K - 6BR/4BA - from the looks of the photos, there was a massive attic fire and parts of the roof have fallen in, so it was a fixer-upper! its original selling price a few years back was in the $800K range. It's no longer listed - maybe someone bought it for the land?

Back to trying to straighten out my company email. It's not working and I don't know why. I emailed the guy who handles our website - he should be able to help me out. I hope.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=dogbutler;22132600]Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. There's a gas leak in the apartment. I am not signing the lease renewal till I know I won't explode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
doggio - I agree with a no-explode clause. I like you in your unexploded state.
Well, I'm willing to consider having an exploded doggio on the MMP...

Sari, is Echo to young to be fixed? Or are you thinking about breeding her?

flytrap, I'll bring something besides garlic with me--a lawyer, whom vampires will leave alone (professional courtesy).

Bought an "8-cube" piece of furniture at Wal-Mart, heavy as he..heck, one of the clerks went back and got me a flat cart, and I have a hand truck at home, so not a big problem. And since I got a new computer and new speakers, I also grabbed a 32" monitor (up from 27") because it was on sale at Staples and because I could. Now need to put them together and be ready for the 3-6pm furniture delivery (Furniture Row and I have had a few bumps, but they've always delivered when they promised).

Rain is crossing the Mississippi River, may be around my area this evening. Be happy once the monsoons end.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
: holds up Zippo :
Quote:
There's a gas leak in the apartment. I am not signing the lease renewal till I know I won't explode.
Why don't you put that Zippo to good use & help the gas co find the source of the leak.