Old 02-11-2020, 02:21 PM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=The Stainless Steel Rat;22132923]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. There's a gas leak in the apartment. I am not signing the lease renewal till I know I won't explode.

Well, I'm willing to consider having an exploded doggio on the MMP...

Sari, is Echo to young to be fixed? Or are you thinking about breeding her?

flytrap, I'll bring something besides garlic with me--a lawyer, whom vampires will leave alone (professional courtesy).

Bought an "8-cube" piece of furniture at Wal-Mart, heavy as he..heck, one of the clerks went back and got me a flat cart, and I have a hand truck at home, so not a big problem. And since I got a new computer and new speakers, I also grabbed a 32" monitor (up from 27") because it was on sale at Staples and because I could. Now need to put them together and be ready for the 3-6pm furniture delivery (Furniture Row and I have had a few bumps, but they've always delivered when they promised).

Rain is crossing the Mississippi River, may be around my area this evening. Be happy once the monsoons end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Why don't you put that Zippo to good use & help the gas co find the source of the leak.
[Susan Ivanova]No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.[/Susan Ivanova]
Old 02-11-2020, 04:01 PM

No exploding doggio's, please. They're a health hazard. I hope the gas leak gets fixed soon. Would it help if you called maintenance every ten minutes and shouted "Boom!" into the phone?

Beck, with all due respect, if Mr. Wrekker wakes his unwell wife to make his breakfast, he really is a...Wrekhole, whatever his redeeming qualities are. Meezers, on the other hand, get a pass because they're Meezers. You can't teach an old Meezer new tricks, or a young Meezer, I guess.

Moooom, I find travel tends to make me retain water, especially if I've eaten a lot of starchy carbs. Hopefully you and your scale will be friends again soon.

I need to call my cousin today. He called twice yesterday. I dread talking to him because he's a paranoid bigot (which I call him on every time), but aside from one sibling (who also dreads his calls), I'm the only family member he wants to talk to. Lots of tragedy in that branch of the tree, so I feel guilty if I dodge him. I also need to call back another difficult relative--not a bigot, just very difficult and who also has only one other family member to talk to--but one a day is all I can handle. I'd have 'em talk to each other if they knew each other (different branches).

Heading to the gym first and then walking to the pharmacy to pick up prescriptions.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:22 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post

flytrap, I'll bring something besides garlic with me--a lawyer, whom vampires will leave alone (professional courtesy).
A good plan.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:45 PM

Nellie, I'm doomed, no teaching none of these 2 legged or 4 legged animals new tricks (or manners).
It's my own fault. I never could say 'No'
Big Wrek knows I don't like him cooking on my stove. If I said anything he woulda went to the diner.
On the way home now from the clinic. The IV went in easy enough. My CGM alarmed while I was in the chair. I knew I was pushing it too long for food. They brought me a snack and we went to eat as soon as we left there.
It's a dreary rainy day. I think most of the USA is in a dreary phase.
I wanna tuck in with a good mystery book or 2 and never leave the house til the sun shines again.
I'll be happy to get home. I'm sleepy.

Good evening y'all.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:15 PM

I hope everything goes well next week gotti.

With all of the trouble in your apartment in the past couple of weeks, maybe it's time to consider moving doggio. A gas leak should render your apartment uninhabitable per codes in most locales. It surely isn't healthy for you, Gordie and Allie to breath.

With all of the health woes in the MMP, I'm beginning to think that if one of us won the lottery, we'd be better off opening a nursing home rather than luxury estates. All of you sickos sickies (and your better halves) need to get better soon!

Today at irk, one of the leads in a department I'm trying to help with their inventory woes got word that I was doing a training session with leads in another department and requested a class for the same training for members of his. I'm good with that, as it has the potential to make my job easier in the long run.
Old 02-11-2020, 07:47 PM

Red, hope the training goes well.

Becks, February makes me shiver...but I agree, it is a dreary month. March can't get here fast enough.

The modular item I bought at Wal-Mart was a *&*%^%$ that used wooden dowels to hold most of it together and then you were supposed to put them together (no glue) and then attach the (very) heavy sides with those oddball screws that you have a cog you use to lock them in place. Managed to break several parts and scrapped the rest (it wasn't that expensive). It wasn't that important anyway, I'll go looking, maybe at some of those thrift shops I've been giving stuff too. At least the real furniture showed up, so everything has been delivered that I've ordered and bought, so now only putting stuff back is left.

Do have to visit my bank, my checking account does not show one check number as cashed, but the folks who got it show it being cashed back on 20 January. Just want their account to balance with mine...

All y'all take care, raining again in Ali-bama. Dreary.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Laundry got laundered and the ham pot pie got made and et. Well, not all of it got et. There's enough for us to have it for N.O.L. tomorrow. We had a little rain around sixish but didn't last long. That was pretty much the day here at da cave.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:31 PM
Charter Member

After playing Doctor Tag today, I need a good stiff drink.

We went from hoping to do the procedure today to well, guess not today since they didn't get back to me, to nothing sooner than two weeks out because next Monday is a holiday. My doc did not appreciate the notion of leaving me untreated for two weeks, so if he didn't rain toads, he rained newts on someone because I got a call from the scheduler saying Thursday had magically opened up.

The fun part is PWAISDN has a full calendar on Thursday with people wanting to be bee-you-tee-ful! for Valentine's Day, so he can't just take the day off. Looks like I'll drive there, then afterward, he'll pick me up, we get dinner, then most likely, I'll be un-sedated sufficiently to get home.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:18 PM

Becks, what's so terrible about him going to the diner? For that matter, what's so terrible about having cold cereal and/or toast for breakfast, since neither uses your stove? I'm trying to put myself in his shoes, and I still can't see waking you up to cook me some breakfast, not when you've been struggling physically. You can't see me, but I have my hands on my hips and am giving him this look:

gotti, glad the doc got you in. I hate the medical waiting. It's the worst. I'll be cheering you on from here.

swampy, I want ham pot pie. I've never had it, and is sounds wonderful.

OK, I'm about to woman up and call my cousin.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:33 PM

Weather here was more like April. Not bad, except for the heating being on in the building. Even women in their 20s were thinking maybe they were having hot flashes. I'm taking a desktop thermometer to irk tomorrow to try to make the point to management. Then we can address how there is no way the POS computer I'm currently sitting at can pull up all needed software in the allotted time between when I'm allowed to clock in and when I'm supposed to be taking calls. We're also going to be talking about how one piece of software isn't working right and that damn blurry monitor hurting my eyes.
Old 02-11-2020, 11:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missred View Post
I hope everything goes well next week gotti.

With all of the trouble in your apartment in the past couple of weeks, maybe it's time to consider moving doggio. A gas leak should render your apartment uninhabitable per codes in most locales. It surely isn't healthy for you, Gordie and Allie to breath.

With all of the health woes in the MMP, I'm beginning to think that if one of us won the lottery, we'd be better off opening a nursing home rather than luxury estates. All of you sickos sickies (and your better halves) need to get better soon!

Today at irk, one of the leads in a department I'm trying to help with their inventory woes got word that I was doing a training session with leads in another department and requested a class for the same training for members of his. I'm good with that, as it has the potential to make my job easier in the long run.
Moving isn't in the cards at the moment, red. But I am getting a new oven.
Also, there is a Margaritaville themed chain of retirement villages.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:06 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 62 Amurrkin out and waaaaaay foggy, with a predicted high of 79 and cloudy for the day. It appears rain will move in tonight and visit all day tomorrow. The big item on today's agenda is to procure provisions for da cave. This will entail a visit to the Pubic Sto' and Sam's. I think we shall divide and conquer, as I see no need for both of us to go both places. Shrimpies 'n grits is on the menu for sup. YUM!

Nellie ham pot pie is like chikin pot pie except with ham. We like both but both of us are a little more partial to the ham version.

gotti good on the doc for gettin' you in this week!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, alas, alack, and bother of bothers, I suppose I must needs purtify and don appropriate bein' about the public attire. Life can be so difficult!

Happy Hump Day Y'all!
Old 02-12-2020, 07:24 AM

I still say grocery delivery is a good thing. I'm pretty sure I save enough by staying out of the actual store, thus not buying impulse stuff, to cover delivery fees .

Insomnia is a very bad thing.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:13 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

There may be a bit of TMI to follow, but I'll try to keep it classy. I believe yesterday I mentioned the poundage that I'd amassed over the weekend, and I believed it was due to lack of vegetative matter in my diet. So yesterday, I ate veggies, and some fruit, and some nuts. And shortly before midnight, my system went "OOOOOO - fiber!!!!"

For the next THREE HOURS, I beat a path from my bed to the bathroom and back again - I honestly lost track of how many trips I made. And this morning, my scale tells me it's all gone! I'd be ecstatic, except I'm exhausted, and today, I'm wrangling Roxy.

Moral of the story - eat your veggies, dammit!!

On a less... icky... note, I found a recipe for moist and chewy banana oatmeal cookies. I've got 'nanners that are very ripe since no one ate any while we were gone. While I have a wonderful 'nanner bread recipe, I wanted something different, and I found this one yesterday. But I need to get some parchment paper, so after Wiggle Giggle, we'll make a quick stop for that. And to keep us from gorging on all of them, I'll freeze several packs for future consumption, assuming we like them.

There you have my plans for the day. So far. I'm still trying to wake up.

Happy Wednesday!!
Old 02-12-2020, 08:42 AM

Good morning troops!

With a projected high of 91F, I will mostly shade up today. But, if I don't buy some meat toppings for the critters, I might face another revolution from them.

Rosalee is off to the studio, recording an audio version of her best selling book. And yesterday started a pre-sale of her next book due out in April. She has an exciting life.

I like the idea of grocery delivery. They might even have it here. But I am such a picky shopper, comparing cost and package sizes, I don't think it would work for me.

Off for the second cup of Joe/Kahlua.

Happy humpping.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:43 AM

Happy Hump Day!

According to my phone app, the sun is shining and it's 30 feels like 27 degrees outside.
According to my back door, it is wet, gloomy, and not so cold. Cold enough that I'd want slippers on my feet to take the recycling out, not so cold as to want to bundle up to go anywhere.

No to puppies MetalMouse
Echo will get spayed shortly. I had planned to do it in February, now it will be sometime before her second heat should occur. There is so much conflicting info out there. Some vets say four months, some say let then have one heat cycle, some say let them have two.
I don't want any litters though. I'd have a hard time letting them go.

Glad you are getting a new oven Doggio
Old 02-12-2020, 09:18 AM

Morning all. Still some rain in the air, but the NWS radar shows most of it to the west of me and moving north, so if I still lived in St. Louis I'd be worried. Going to get close to 70F today they say, but start dropping back to the 50's tomorrow.

Need to visit bank and mail bill and do a little shopping, but mostly It'll be hang around the house and hopefully hang stuff up around the house...

All y'all take care.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:04 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Regarding spaying - once upon a time, we were told to let a dog have one heat, but since then, we've been told to have it before then. In fact, I just looked it up and it said after 8 weeks but before first heat. That's what we did with Higgs. Our other dogs were adoptees and they were spayed when we got them. However, Higgs has shown nothing I'd consider an ill effect. I'm sure her insanity has nothing to do with lack of ovaries!

Roxy finally woke a bit after 9:30. When she's done eating, I'll dress her for Wiggle Giggle time, then we'll go to Food Lion. I'm hoping against hope she'll take a long nap, but that's doubtful. Ah well...
Old 02-12-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyChatMom View Post
Higgs has shown nothing I'd consider an ill effect. I'm sure her insanity has nothing to do with lack of ovaries!
I'd agree & give you another data point.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:04 AM

Sweet, sweet Kitty cats let Mommy sleep awhile longer this morning.
Doggies have been walked and fed.

I'm feeling rather perky this morning. Man the painful stab in the butt is some good meds (B12)
Nellie, Big Wrek never knows how I feel unless I file it in triplicate. He's not the most observant and I'm not good at expressing myself. He's not blameless but neither am I. He went to the diner THIS morning.

Boy oh boy, I have plans today!! ()
More later...
Happy Humpday all!!
Old 02-12-2020, 11:30 AM

There are pros and cons to early spaying

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/he...your-dog-faqs/

https://dogsfirst.ie/health-issues/dog-neutering/

I think I'll get Echo spayed right before her first birthday, hopefully before her second heat.

The sun is shining now, but is not so cold. I had to run out in my bare feet to rescue the cat from Echo. It was cold, but not unbearable.

Not only did I get groceries yesterday, but I got a box of stuff from amazon prime pantry. My son put part of it away but the rest of it is sitting here in the living room. I have another box coming tomorrow, my son forgot to tell me he was out of cereal.
We should be able to go a month without buying more food.

The store gave us a free sample of some kind of bean chips, Harvest Snaps.
https://harvestsnaps.com/products/
Last time it was Black Beans, Southern Barbeque Style. They were good This time it was Green Pea with White Cheddar, YUK!
The dogs liked them.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:57 AM

Well, I can skip the bank, the check that was cashed on 20 January finally showed up against my account, they must have heard me grumbling.

Just finished the morning meal, and need to make myself presentable for polite society her in a bit.

Off to the afternoon!
Old 02-12-2020, 12:53 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Back from Wiggle Giggle and Food Lion. Roxy ate some apple slices, and she's now begging for my soup. Shortly, I'll make her a bottle and put her down for a nap. I may put me down for a nap, too. We shall see.
Old 02-12-2020, 03:34 PM

Eight hour trip for a 20 minute appointment. Insanity. But we are back and the house is clean and neighbors are cooking dinner. Could be worse I guess.

Doc appt went well enough. Took away one med. Now to build up stamina and strength. Hubs is still in AFib too and super puny. We did stop and eat at the Cracker Barrel. Always a treat. He had catfish and I had chicken fried chicken with lots of veggies but no turnip greens.

Tahred. I guess I shall try to go to irk tomorrow for a half day or something or maybe not. All willy nilly right now about irk. Could get used to not going to irk.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Provisions have been procured. I went to the Pubic Sto' and OYKW went to Sam's. Gotta say havin' him around all day is a good thing especially for stuff like this when both of us can go deal with stuff instead of it bein' all me. OK, I kinda like lookin' at him so I am glad he's around. We have supped and all is well.

Butters yay for hubs bein' down one med and for neighbors who bring food!
Old 02-12-2020, 07:23 PM

Good luck tomorrow gotti!

doggiowhile Margaritaville retirement may be fun, I'm hoping for a VanWinkle retirement home to open.

sari, I occasionally buy black or white bean chips at Aldi. The black bean ones have a nice, earthy flavor.

Yay for progress butters!

Today, after lunch, I made a trip to powder my nose and while washing up after, I noticed something pink peeking out of my shirt. As I was wearing nothing pink, I gave it a pull. Yep, static cling magic left a pair of drawers in the shoulder of my fleece shirt (a static magnet on a good day). I put them into my jeans pocket for the duration. I'm going to have to start shaking my clothes before getting dressed.

Last edited by missred; 02-12-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:25 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Daughter got home early, so huzzah! Roxy was really crabby this evening, so I'm glad for the break. I'll be crashing early - I'm dragging... Hope I can sleep thru the night.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:48 PM

Evening all. More stuff donated to the Rescue Mission or recycled with Best Buy and more stuff hung on the wall, so slowly the house is coming around. Need to get the hand truck in the house and start moving the library boxes back down to the bookcases so I can start putting books away. Rain has started and looks like it'll be around most of the evening (Red, looks like you're catching it too.

And Red, I still have the occasional sock show up where it is not wanted, all thanks to static cling...

Butters, glad you made the trip OK, hope things keep progressing (slowly perhaps, but progressing).

All y'all take care.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Today, after lunch, I made a trip to powder my nose and while washing up after, I noticed something pink peeking out of my shirt. As I was wearing nothing pink, I gave it a pull. Yep, static cling magic left a pair of drawers in the shoulder of my fleece shirt (a static magnet on a good day). I put them into my jeans pocket for the duration. I'm going to have to start shaking my clothes before getting dressed.
If I saw something pink peeking out of my shirt, I think I'd try to identify it before pulling on it. Jest ayin'.

Glad Hubs is down one med Butters, but why in the Hell haven't the docs zapped his heart back into proper rhythm yet?
Sheesh!

I don't know about a Margaritaville retirement home. I love margaritas and I like Jimmy Buffett, but I don't think I'd want to live with him. I like Moscow Mules too, but I don't want to live in a Putinville retirement home either.

We are in central Orygun again where it isn't raining, and only slightly colder. I did some more cleanup in the basement. There are now a large number of bugs trying to figure out how to get out of a shop vac full of spiderwebs.
Speaking of: I spied a large jumping spider on the window sill this morning. I helped him outside, after a few miscues. They are, after all, called jumping spiders.

We have some ham thawing. It may become split pea soup, or maybe sammichs, depending on how ambitious we get later.

Keep on humping along, y'all
Old 02-12-2020, 07:56 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

I took my watch to the fancy jewelry store down the street to have the battery replaced.
Lady: "I went ahead and cleaned it for you."
Me: "Why, thanks!"
Lady: "I had to. The band was filthy."
Me: "Why, thanks, bitch."
Old 02-12-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
I still say grocery delivery is a good thing. I'm pretty sure I save enough by staying out of the actual store, thus not buying impulse stuff, to cover delivery fees .

I've discovered that if I do any grocery ordering at night, I end up with things I should not be buying. Last night, for example, I ordered 6 pints of ice cream. I found it a new home in the clear light of day.

Butters I hope things keep improving. You've had a lot on your plate. *hugs*

Gotti good luck tomorrow. I'm glad they got your appointment sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbazine View Post
We are in central Orygun again where it isn't raining, and only slightly colder. I did some more cleanup in the basement. There are now a large number of bugs trying to figure out how to get out of a shop vac full of spiderwebs.
Where 'bouts in Central Orygun? Did I miss a memo? I thought y'all bought a place on the coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
I took my watch to the fancy jewelry store down the street to have the battery replaced.
Lady: "I went ahead and cleaned it for you."
Me: "Why, thanks!"
Lady: "I had to. The band was filthy."
Me: "Why, thanks, bitch."

I feel like utter hell today. Just because haid. Stoopid haid.

Yoshi-pup is awesome. He's not perfect in the house, as far as housebreaking, but he's making rapid progress. He sleeps in our room at night, and we've got a slider straight into the yard. We've been leaving it open, and he's been taking himself out. He and Akiko keep each other very entertained, which is a good thing.

Last edited by Sunny Daze; 02-12-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:38 PM
Charter Member

Did my taxes, walked Gordie a bit. Made chicken and rice with cheese sauce, since I can't use the stove till they replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
I'd agree & give you another data point.
Hey! The reason I don't have ovaries is bacause the DA confiscated them. Alon with the sacrifice altar.

Quote:
Good luck tomorrow gotti!

doggiowhile Margaritaville retirement may be fun, I'm hoping for a VanWinkle retirement home to open.
I'd be down with that

{{{{Butters}}}}

Sunny, glad Yoshi is fitting in.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:42 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 70 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 74 and rain/tstorms/apocalypse predicted later this mornin' and into the afternoon. TWPTB are callin' it THUNDERSHOWERS. No big items on today's agenda. I foresee much sloth for both of us. Nowhere we need to be, so a stay in da cave day it shall be. I do have a bunch of readin' for CDI that I need to do, so I could do at least some of that I reckon. Sup shall be bacon cheeseburgers with fixin's 'n fries, just cause.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
Old 02-13-2020, 07:56 AM

Happy Thorsday!

It's wet outside again today, 43 and cloudy, supposed to get up to 50.

I thought about going to the park this morning, I think Echo is out of heat. However, my bladder woke me at 4 and it took forever to get back to sleep.
I'm tired, but tomorrow I am setting the alarm and we will get up and go.

I don't know what to do today, the list is long, but the donwannas are strong.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:22 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

My good buddy Mel knocked me out pretty good last night - I think I got better'n 10 hours of sleep - HUZZAH!! And this morning, I discovered that the issues on our company website are resolved, so double HUZZAH! And it's raining again, but I don't really have to go anywhere. My new glasses are ready for pickup and I was worried about taking Roxy when I went for them, but daughter gets off work early tomorrow, so when she gets home, I'll run out for my specs - problem solved!!

I bought a nice ham yesterday, and that will be tonight's supper, and many leftovers for future meals. My only other major chore will be finding the closing documents from our HELOC for our accountant. I know we didn't pay any closing costs, but she'd like to see the paperwork anyway. Now, where did I put that stuff?

Daughter's bestest friend since kindergarten is in a bad situation - she and her husband are living with his folks till they can get on their feet. Apparently his father is verbally abusive and controlling. Would the people who deal with domestic violence be the ones they could contact for help? They're halfway across the country from us, so we can't do much to help.

And on that happy note, I need to find those closing documents.

Happy Thursday!
Old 02-13-2020, 09:04 AM

Morning all. The garbage can has been transported to the curb and that is the only major duty that I needed to accomplish today. Rest will be hanging and moving stuff when the urge strikes me (or perhaps I should say if). The rain yesterday brought cold air in, it's 45F now and that's as high as it is going to get, will get down to near freezing tonight (oh joy).

FCM, every once in a while, you need one of those 10-hour sleep-ins, haven't had one in awhile. And looking at the NWS radar, I'd say it's a good day to stay inside--looks like rain most of the day.

Sunny, hope head is feeling better. And what's wrong with 6 pints of ice cream, anyway?

flytrap, always knew you were a dirty old man...

Bumba, you are a much nicer person that I. That jumping spider would have been a steamroller spider in my presence, as in 'looking like it was run over by a steamroller".

Now need to decide what to have for the morning meal, then on to the day. All y'all take care.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:23 AM

Morning. Hubby announced he is feeling much better today so tomorrow I shall go to irk. Just in time for a three day weekend

Bumba they did zap him but this was right before the poisoning was recognized and they couldn’t give him any meds so it didn’t hold. Once he is strong enough and his labs are all normal I think they are going to do another ablation. Right now is just a wait and see.

My last day of sloth. I think I shall binge some Netflix. I also have to bathe Hellion and he is not crazy about baths. Happy almost weekend all.

Last edited by Buttercup Smith; 02-13-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:57 PM

Mooom yes, have them contact a domestic abuse hotline. At a minimum, they should be able to provide them with information on additional resources for their situation.

Bleah - I have things to do today, but I feel yucky.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:58 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Daughter suggested I try finger painting with Roxy. I found a simple recipe on line made with cornstarch, so I made up half a dozen little cups.

Turns out Roxy doesn't like messy hands. She preferred when I gave her a spoon to mush around the gel-goop. (It wasn't a thick liquid like I expected.) So we'll see about getting paint and brushes for her to mess with. Meanwhile, she's down for a nap, so I have a few moments of peace.

It's so dreary out - kinda hard to feel cheery today. Stoopit weather.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:02 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Sunny - I looked up the services in their area. I'll have my daughter pass along the info and hope they take some action. What's really maddening is that her friend is dealing with a lot of issues, medical and emotional, and she doesn't need this abuse, not that anyone does. Unfortunately, they weren't able to stay with her folks because her brother and his 3 kids are living there.

Sometimes it feels like that generation is half a step from homelessness...
Old 02-13-2020, 01:25 PM

The sun camd out for a little bit, but it is dreary again.

Supposed to be 16 degrees tomorrow morning.
Delightful.

I'm trying to get motivated to do something.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:42 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The credit union where we got our HELOC came thru with flying colors. I needed a copy of our closing documents, and they were able to send them electronically within hours of my request! So all our stuff is together for the accountant. FCD will drop it off tomorrow after his MRI, and we'll await the bad news. His business did well, but he also had a lot of expenses, what with building the shop. I don't understand taxes well enough to know how much will be written off this year, how much will be amortized or depreciated, and how it will affect what we owe. Guess we'll find out.

IMHO, taxes should not be this difficult. Why can't we just have a flat tax on amounts after a given personal deduction? Except that it means rich people will pay lots more... or something. I don't know, I never understood the whole thing. I don't mind paying my share, but it shouldn't cost me money to pay my share, dammit!
Old 02-13-2020, 02:20 PM

Well, the garbage has been picked up. Will go out in a couple of hours to reclaim the can and also check for mail. Did hang one thing on the wall, an abacus I've had for years but never quite figured out what to do with. It actually looks pretty good.

Temperature is still 43F.

FCM, glad you took Sunny's advice, I concur with it and you done what you could. It's up to the abused couple now to make their own decision (they could always come live with you...)

And the kid doesn't like to be messy? What's wrong with her??

Butters, enjoy you one-day work week.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:47 PM

I've been sluggish all morning and dealing with the ol' lupus arthritis. I think I was overtired or something because I could NOT get to sleep last night. I'd try for awhile, then get up, then try for awhile. I finally drifted off around 4 a.m.. It's so odd how most nights you lie there confident sleep will carry you off, and then one night there you are, confidence turning to concern and then a sort of dismayed determination: I WILL TOO get carried off. Carry me off, dagnab it!

I'm doing laundry, which will need folding in a bit, and the fridge needs cleaning out. That's probably as far as I'll get today.

Thinking of gotti today and hoping for good news--ditto rubles.

Moooom, I hope your daughter's friends find the help they need. Knowing first-hand how impossible it is to change the abuser, I'm really hoping they can somehow find another place to live. Having to shoulder all those difficulties and an abusive parent must be awful.

I think Roxie's onto something: spoon art!
Old 02-13-2020, 02:52 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Just finished hacking up the ham I bought yesterday. There's one nice chunk for tonight's supper, another in the freezer for a future supper, and the bone and a baggie of cut up pieces for a future bean soup. Plus Higgs and Cozmo got bits to nosh on while I was playing butcher. Even Taz came up to beg!

Supper will be the ham, and I think I'll dump a can of pineapple over it before I throw it in the oven, plus cabbage-n-onions, and I'm not sure what else. I'll figure it out.

Meanwhile, I think I hear a wakened toddler.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Where 'bouts in Central Orygun? Did I miss a memo? I thought y'all bought a place on the coast.
Maupin. In case you don't remember it, it's a little town (<500 people) on the Deschutes river about 40 miles south of The Dalles.
We used to have a little cabin on the coast up in Washington, but we had to sell it after the economy went into the dumpster in 07-08.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Bumba, you are a much nicer person that I. That jumping spider would have been a steamroller spider in my presence, as in 'looking like it was run over by a steamroller".
What can I say? I like spiders. It's not always true that 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend', but in this case I think it applies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
Bumba they did zap him but this was right before the poisoning was recognized and they couldn’t give him any meds so it didn’t hold. Once he is strong enough and his labs are all normal I think they are going to do another ablation. Right now is just a wait and see.
I'm sorry. I must have missed that, and it's none of my business anyway. I hope it goes well for him next time.

I was pretty sick last night. Vomiting and diarrhea for about 90 minutes. I feel better today though. Maybe food poisoning.

Got a couple of chores done today. Put up a thermometer on the front porch that we can see out the window, and put up some nicer house numbers in a more visible location. Still want to go down to the basement and assemble a storage rack and organize several boxes of screws and nails with just a few items in each box that the previous owner left. I've got a feeling that the basement is going to become my 'area' and I don't want it to get away from me right away like the garage did in the valley.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:44 PM

Took a nap and feel somewhat better.

I wanted another spiral ham with this grocery order, but they were sold out. I guess because they were on sale for 99 cents a poumd. They had spiral ham pieces for 69 cents a pound, also sold out.

I feel for your daughter's friend FCM
Was there once.

Not getting anything on the list done.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:04 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

sari - we talked this evening. Her friend's MIL claims she's going to kick FIL out. Daughter doesn't believe that will happen, nor do I. I told her they need to get on the record with... someone... in case the guy turns violent. I hope they seek some help somewhere.

Supper was good. Dishes are washing. I'm about to dig out some yarn and assume the knit position. Chillage shall ensue.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:08 PM

Good luck bathing Buddy, butters. Nelson doesn't mind baths too much, but absolutely doesn't like to have his nails trimmed.

Moooooooooom, I've had a lot of luck with paintbrushes by Crayola for the little heathens. https://www.michaels.com/default/104...m_content=Kids . They fit little hands well and don't shed. Shoot, they even survive toddlers and small dogs chewing on the handles.

They gave out packages of four assorted Lindt truffles to us today at irk. The training session scheduled today went well enough that I've been asked to give it to evening and weekend shifts next week. I should see some results in their accuracy metrics if it took.

Once KP is done, it's chill in the studio time.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:38 PM

I survived Buddy’s bath. He fought it tooth and nail then got the zoomies after and was all happy. He loves clothes I had bought him a couple shirts and put one on him the other day. Today after he was dry I put a different one on him and he doesn’t mind at all. It is rainbow striped so he has his gay pride shirt on. It is very appropriate for the KW area. Somehow, it seems to make him better behaved. I also bought him a smaller crate for his compound and he wouldn’t use it until tonight. He is in it all clean with his rainbow shirt on.

For some reason I am actually nervous about going back to irk. I know at least one of my employees is giving me the cold shoulder. I shall have to check that shit immediately. I know she did a few things extra for me but hey- learning experience, she is still on probation and her PD says “other duties as assigned”. I really think they think I have been laid back eating bonbons. When did everything in the world become a damn contest? A pissing match? The only person that matters about the amount of time I was out is the acting director who pays me and he is good with it. Babies really should not have adult jobs.

Happy almost Valentine’s Day.