Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-05-2014, 05:18 PM
DooWahDiddy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,480

Original solo piano CD


Hi guys! As you (probably) don't know, I make my living as a music director/pianist in the world of NYC theatre. I play for musicals, auditions, that sort of thing. But I recently dipped my toe in the water of composing my own material, and I'm proud to say that my CD, Light of a New Day, is now available! It's all original stuff, solo piano; no vocals, no strings, nothing else. Just melodic piano pieces that work as both background music and (hopefully) something to intently sit and listen to.

If you'd like to take a listen, you'll find samples on iTunes. You can, of course, download the mp3s there as well.

If you like the samples and prefer a physical CD to be shipped to you, you can do that at CDBaby.

And finally, if you play piano yourself, you'll find the sheet music for sale (as well as the mp3s, if you'd rather download them from me directly) at my own personal website, www.brandonsturiale.com, in the Store section.

Thank you so much for listening, and I hope you enjoy my music!
  #2  
Old 11-07-2014, 08:24 PM
BoBettie is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 7,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooWahDiddy View Post
Hi guys! As you (probably) don't know, I make my living as a music director/pianist in the world of NYC theatre. I play for musicals, auditions, that sort of thing. But I recently dipped my toe in the water of composing my own material, and I'm proud to say that my CD, Light of a New Day, is now available! It's all original stuff, solo piano; no vocals, no strings, nothing else. Just melodic piano pieces that work as both background music and (hopefully) something to intently sit and listen to.

If you'd like to take a listen, you'll find samples on iTunes. You can, of course, download the mp3s there as well.

If you like the samples and prefer a physical CD to be shipped to you, you can do that at CDBaby.

And finally, if you play piano yourself, you'll find the sheet music for sale (as well as the mp3s, if you'd rather download them from me directly) at my own personal website, www.brandonsturiale.com, in the Store section.

Thank you so much for listening, and I hope you enjoy my music!
May I just say that I own this (actually I've owned it twice because I lost my first copy and bought it again) and it's an absolutely enchanting, beautiful collection of music. You can feel confident buying it that it's very well done and enjoyable, a great present for a music lover.
  #3  
Old 12-22-2014, 09:48 AM
WordMan is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 22,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBettie View Post
May I just say that I own this (actually I've owned it twice because I lost my first copy and bought it again) and it's an absolutely enchanting, beautiful collection of music. You can feel confident buying it that it's very well done and enjoyable, a great present for a music lover.
That's hilarious; Brandon/DooWahDiddy have been offline discussing the Stuck CD kerfuffle. I got a copy and loaded it into my car - and it was somehow stuck to the point of my needing to get my warranty-covered radio swapped out. Silliness. I got a second copy, too

Really good stuff - I applaud your playing! As I said to you - really lyrical. I enjoy how you use your melodic line and phrasing to occupy the vocal space in the song. Earthshine stands our particularly. Great job.
  #4  
Old 12-22-2014, 10:20 PM
DooWahDiddy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordMan View Post
That's hilarious; Brandon/DooWahDiddy have been offline discussing the Stuck CD kerfuffle. I got a copy and loaded it into my car - and it was somehow stuck to the point of my needing to get my warranty-covered radio swapped out. Silliness. I got a second copy, too
Maybe it should be clarified that it wasn't the actual CD that caused it to get stuck in the car radio, which might put a damper on future sales!

On the other hand, maybe I've hit upon a brilliant new marketing strategy; sell a CD, say a curse or two before CD Baby ships it out, then wait as the same person has to order another copy!

Ha, thanks for your support, guys!
  #5  
Old 12-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Misnomer's Avatar
Misnomer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,092
Just downloaded the MP3s (no stuck CDs!) from CDBaby: new age isn't my bag, but solo piano can be and this definitely is. Nice work.
  #6  
Old 12-23-2014, 01:59 PM
DooWahDiddy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,480
Thanks so much! I know; if I'm being honest, I hate the term "New Age", too. I feel like my music falls into that category by default, though, because it isn't quite classical but it's definitely not jazz, either. "Solo Piano" is enough of a descriptor for me, but CD Baby (and other websites) require a broader description of the genre. So into the potpourri it goes!

ETA: If you guys want to follow me on Facebook, I'll be starting a musical web series soon, as well as announcing upcoming concert dates and releasing a video for one of my songs. Exciting stuff!

Last edited by DooWahDiddy; 12-23-2014 at 02:02 PM.
  #7  
Old 12-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Misnomer's Avatar
Misnomer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooWahDiddy View Post
"Solo Piano" is enough of a descriptor for me, but CD Baby (and other websites) require a broader description of the genre. So into the potpourri it goes!
I get that: I fronted a band in the late '90s that played a mix of covers and originals, and I always hated having to categorize our music. I usually wound up picking "rock/folk" and hoping that worked. I've been a jazz singer for the past five years and it's much easier now.

Quote:
ETA: If you guys want to follow me on Facebook, I'll be starting a musical web series soon, as well as announcing upcoming concert dates and releasing a video for one of my songs. Exciting stuff!
Done. (Which means if you look at who "liked" your page right about now you'll know my name: if you're feeling so inclined, do a search on my name and "music" to see my artist page. )
  #8  
Old 12-23-2014, 03:04 PM
DooWahDiddy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
Done. (Which means if you look at who "liked" your page right about now you'll know my name: if you're feeling so inclined, do a search on my name and "music" to see my artist page. )
Weird, Facebook isn't showing any new likes within the last hour or so. Maybe it'll pop up soon, and then I'll check out your page!
  #9  
Old 12-23-2014, 08:10 PM
DooWahDiddy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,480
I dug around the Googles a little bit and discovered that if people have their privacy settings a certain way, it won't show me their names even if they like my page. So if you'd like, PM me your name and I'll be happy to check out your music!
  #10  
Old 12-24-2014, 09:22 AM
Misnomer's Avatar
Misnomer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 8,092
I wasn't aware of that setting! Did your number of "likes" increase, at least?
  #11  
Old 12-28-2014, 09:32 PM
DooWahDiddy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,480
Yes, Facebook straightened it all out, thanks!
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017