Old 02-23-2017, 10:19 AM

Bray Wyatt has kids? Now, I'm imagining that character, combined with Heath Slater's gimmick.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:21 PM

Pic of him, his wife, kids, brother, sister and dog.

Last edited by Chimera; 02-23-2017 at 02:21 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:08 PM

I hadn't seen his wife before. She and the puppy are both very cute. Good for him.

His sister has/had a YouTube cooking channel for a while and he made one appearance.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant A. View Post
Bray Wyatt has kids? Now, I'm imagining that character, combined with Heath Slater's gimmick.
Homeschooling them in the paramilitary compound, getting ready for the Apocalypse.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:29 PM

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...ghter-wwe-star

Seriously, watch it. Alexa Bliss's story, with her parents.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:53 AM

Droo Gaelowae haes laeft Impach Wraestlingh

Will he compete with Noam Dar for the hand of Alicia Fuuuuucks?

I'd love to see him back in WWE, but he would probably languish in midcard limbo like he did before. He makes a good "Game of Thrones" type of heel, but there's too much younger talent he'd probably have to put over.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:02 AM

So how does Brock-Goldberg end? It seems to me that having Brock win would just be lame, whereas having Goldberg squash him AGAIN would be hilarious. It would be like Kane and Pete Rose.

Plus we've done all the major contenders facing Brock. It's time for Goldberg to be the new beast
Old 02-27-2017, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

They should both be squashed by Undertaker. At least UT has paid his dues. Goldberg is too friggin' old to be 'the new beast', and while I know it is going to happen, I'm going to still curse Vince for letting him beat KO.

In a perfect world, Jericho would be booked to beat Goldberg cleanly as retaliation for Goldberg not letting the far more talented and charismatic Jericho have a competitive match in WCW.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:24 AM

Yeah, that whole 'Having Goldberg beat KO for the title so he can have it in his match against Lesnar' bullshit really makes me unhappy. It doesn't make it a bigger match, it just diminishes KO and the title.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...ghter-wwe-star

Seriously, watch it. Alexa Bliss's story, with her parents.
My favorite part about that, and why I'm kind of an asshole, is when her parents talked about being poor, until her parents started their own business...then showed a big-ass house. So they went from being poor to pretty rich.

Then dad says "When I sold my business" "Ohhhh so they're REALLY rich now"...

Other than that, it was a great special. Finn Balor's is pretty good too.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:59 PM

Agreed, STC. It got too sappy with the little princess suffering from anorexia bit. Rich people problems, ptooh.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Agreed, STC. It got too sappy with the little princess suffering from anorexia bit. Rich people problems, ptooh.
I wouldn't go that far. Anorexia is no joke and it's not just "rich people's problems", so I definitely wasn't trying to belittle her situation or condition.

I was just pointing out the things I noticed that I probably wasn't supposed to notice. Something else too, for her parents marrying so young and having her so young, kudos to them for staying together. You don't normally see that....
Old 02-27-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Yeah, that whole 'Having Goldberg beat KO for the title so he can have it in his match against Lesnar' bullshit really makes me unhappy. It doesn't make it a bigger match, it just diminishes KO and the title.
From what I've been reading, the company is down on KO, so might as well shunt him to the midcard. If Goldberg doesn't beat him, Reigns will.

And like it or not, Goldberg is over and an attraction. Plus the role Goldberg has always been best suited for is as a Mike Tyson-like figure who gives extreme legitimacy to the title. WCW handled him perfectly until Kevin Nash. They could have had a top matchup at every PPV for the next two years with him at the top. WWE can do the same for a couple of years too before he retires by putting over someone new, hopefully someone who is currently in NXT.

So if I'm booking I make the Wrestlemania match a little more competitive, but still have Goldberg cleanly and decisvely beat Brock. Then you really put Goldberg on the fans good side by putting him over Reigns.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:48 PM

The anorexia thing was intentionally brought out because it is a problem, and NO, it isn't a rich white people problem. She came very close to dying, which as they said, 1 in 4 sufferers do, and she wants to raise awareness and help people get treatment.
Old 02-27-2017, 07:03 PM

So, anyone willing to bet on the crowd reaction when Goldberg wins the title from KO?

I'm thinking it will be a bit mixed. I could be wrong.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:36 PM
Charter Member

Broken Matt has also announced his departure from TNA. No word on if Jeff is leaving too, but his contract is up this week, theyve been telling promoters they're not taking Indy bookings after May, and Melted seems to think a WWE comeback is possible for them.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:21 AM
Charter Member

Alright, time for Smapti's Official Fastlane Predictions.

* Kevin Owens vs. Bill Goldberg for the Spicy Nacho Championship. The writing is pretty much on the wall that Goldberg is winning this one. IMO, it shouldn't be a pure squash like the Lesnar match - this is Goldberg's big chance to show he's capable at his age of working a full-length match, and it would be beneficial to both of them if Kevin is able to hold his own before finally being defeated. This leads naturally to Owens vs. Jericho at 'Mania (since Kevin will blame Chris for the fact that he lost the title) and to Goldberg vs. Brock. I'll go out on a limb too and say Goldberg is winning at 'Mania. Brock's 2-year contract, which he signed just before 'Mania 31, runs out 'Mania week. They've used Brock in dark segments three weeks in a row, which seems to imply they're trying to run through the number of guaranteed dates he's got. And honestly, I don't think Brock has anything more to offer WWE at this point - there aren't really any dream matches left for him, he's been phoning it in for over a year now, he's been exposed as a juicer, and he clearly has no fucks to give about anything other than his paycheck. If Goldberg has another year or two in him, I say it's time for him to take Brock's place as the special attraction - he's over as hell right now and he's probably a bigger draw for casual fans than Brock is.

*Charlotte vs. Bayley for the women's title. Bayley is definitely losing here, unfortunately, for the sake of Charlotte's streak. Hopefully it leads to a rematch at 'Mania where Bayley breaks the streak and we end the stranglehold Charlotte's had on the belt for the last year and a half.

* Jack Gallagher vs. Adrian Neville for the cruiserweight title. Gallagher is the most over babyface in the cruiserweight division right now, but he feels mismatched against Neville. I'm going to predict Neville wins in some sort of dirty finish that protects Jack so he can challenge for and eventually win the title another day.

* Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs. Bullet Club for the tag titles. Enzo & Cass won the non-title match on Raw, so standard WWE logic dictates that they lose on Sunday. This is a mistake, IMO - Enzo & Cass are over because of their promo skill, but it's honestly starting to get a little old, and with as many title matches as they've had, there's only so many times Lucy can pull the football away before you stop believing that Charlie Brown's ever gonna kick that field goal. I'd love to see them win here, but I doubt it's gonna happen, and that's a shame.

* BROWN STRONGMAN vs. Roman Reigns. Braun might be the biggest babyface on the Raw roster right now, and it's kinda funny - without even trying, WWE have put him in the position that they've been trying and failing to put Roman into for three years now. He's been consistently booked since the brand split as a badass motherfucker who crushes everything in front of him and looks cool doing it, and that's the kind of thing fans these days pop for. It'd be a downright disgrace if they sacrificed that all on the altar of Making Roman Look Strong, which is what my inner cynic suspects is going to happen. I'm gonna say Braun wins here in a sort of quasi double turn. WWE seems to have gotten smart to the notion that the fans aren't going to start loving Roman no matter how strong they make him look, so this is a golden opportunity to establish Braun as a future babyface champion and to cement a heel turn for Roman.

* Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks. Sasha wins, but Nia then debilitates her in a post-match beatdown to the point that she's unable to be in Bayley's corner for the title match.

* Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn. Joe wins - this is his main roster PPV debut, Sami is pretty much in jobber-to-the-stars status right now, and this is the perfect opportunity to build Joe as a future world champion.

* Noam Dar & The Brian Kendrick vs. Akira Tozawa & Rich Swann. This is the pre-show match. The face team wins here.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:59 AM

I don't have a link to it offhand. But a supposed "leak" of the 'Mania Card has KO going into it as Champion, and the Lesnar/Goldberg match is a retirement match.

I don't have a whole lot of credence to it, but it's a thing.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
I don't have a link to it offhand. But a supposed "leak" of the 'Mania Card has KO going into it as Champion, and the Lesnar/Goldberg match is a retirement match.
Might it be this one?

The consensus on the wrestling board I post on seems to be that it's BS, seeing as how "Ascension" is misspelled, there are multiple typographical and punctuation errors, it seems to assume Chris Jericho will drop the US title before 'Mania, and that putting 15 matches on the card would probably mean the show would run at least an hour or so longer than the interminable slog that was last year's show.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:56 AM

Enzo & Cass. Did you catch the total NON-reaction they got last night? Even the chants along with their catch phrases were fairly quiet. If they're going to pull the trigger on these guys, they need to do it at Fast Lane and probably turn them heel in the process.

Unfortunately, the way Cass was reacting to him, I think they're building to splitting them apart so Cass can go on a singles run, which would be a huge mistake. Cass can't give a promo to save his life.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
Broken Matt has also announced his departure from TNA. No word on if Jeff is leaving too, but his contract is up this week, theyve been telling promoters they're not taking Indy bookings after May, and Melted seems to think a WWE comeback is possible for them.
Could this happen?

Brother Nero, I have a premoneeeetion! The seven deities have decided we must venture forth to the Land of Mack ma Hon and DELETE DELETE DELETE! Let us embrace Vanguard and teleport to our new destination!

BAMF!

They find themselves in the middle of the Andre the Giant Battle Royal in progress. The audience massively pops and chants DELETE DELETE DELETE and the Broken Hardys clean out all participants and co-win the battle royal.

However, there is that not till after May thing...
Old 02-28-2017, 09:10 AM

They should save their debut until a PPV and have it as 'mystery team' facing one of the tag teams. Throw out some rumors that it will be The Revival, or Authors of Pain. The place would erupt when they were introduced.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:20 AM

Well, both Hardys are going to be in town that weekend because they're wrestling the Bucks of Youth for their title (or one of their titles? I never know how these inter-promotional teams go). It's not outside the realm of possibility that they could show up on Sunday.

And yes, that was the "leak", I didn't believe it too much either, but I figure it was at least worth mentioning.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
So, anyone willing to bet on the crowd reaction when Goldberg wins the title from KO?

I'm thinking it will be a bit mixed. I could be wrong.
I think a lot depends on the quailty of the match. I hope Goldberg has been working hard on relearning how to work a match, because Owens deserves better than a squash.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:

I don't have a whole lot of credence to it, but it's a thing.
If that's the plan, it better be to have Owens shock the world and legit beat Goldberg. I don't think the fans will tolerate a screwjob in that match.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:20 PM

There's always the possibility that Jericho shows up during Goldberg/KO, teases revenge on KO, and punks out Oldberg instead. Goldie loses but doesn't lose heat because he lost to cheating, and JeriKO gloats about everybody falling for their master plan.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:31 PM

There's been some reports that Impact is claiming some ownership of the Broken gimmick (Jeremy Borash was supposedly heavily involved with it). That can torpedo a lot of things (including fan goodwill towards the ongoing TNA reorg)

A lot of people seemed relieved that Jeff Jarrett is back in control of things there, but while "Better than Dixie" may not be that high of a bar to clear, things weren't all puppies and rainbows when JJ was in charge the first time.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzeiger View Post
There's been some reports that Impact is claiming some ownership of the Broken gimmick (Jeremy Borash was supposedly heavily involved with it). That can torpedo a lot of things (including fan goodwill towards the ongoing TNA reorg)

A lot of people seemed relieved that Jeff Jarrett is back in control of things there, but while "Better than Dixie" may not be that high of a bar to clear, things weren't all puppies and rainbows when JJ was in charge the first time.
That whoooooole situation is all kinds of messed up, and it's going to doom TNA (if that's even possible).
Old 02-28-2017, 01:44 PM

Beth Phoenix has been added to the Hall of Fame Class of 2017.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekedolphin View Post
Beth Phoenix has been added to the Hall of Fame Class of 2017.
Pre-Nattie Nattie
Old 02-28-2017, 10:26 PM

Well, it's good to see that AJ Styles defeated Luke Harper for the #1 contendership for the WWE Championship, as Harper has no business beating Styles, or being in the main event of WrestleMania. But "curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!" With Randy Orton burning down the Wyatt Family Compound (and the resting place of Sister Abigail), are we looking at a triple threat between Wyatt, Orton, and Styles? I'd watch it, but from a storyline perspective Styles looks like the odd man out. So I'm torn.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:19 AM

AJ: Yew mean ah gotta rassle against these mental patients? Daniel Bryan, yew are the worst general manager ever!

DBD: You look upset, AJ. Here, try some chard juice. It'll calm your nerves.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:06 AM

If we're still going with Styles vs. Shane at WrestleMania (which is a godawful waste of Styles' talents), the easiest way there from here would be for Orton to defeat Styles next week on SmackDown, or for Shane to simply make him the #1 contender because he won the Royal Rumble. Styles gets pissed about that, since he earned the #1 contendership, and that, coupled with the fact he never got a one-on-one rematch for the WWE Title, makes him inclined to take it out on Shane.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekedolphin View Post
If we're still going with Styles vs. Shane at WrestleMania (which is a godawful waste of Styles' talents), the easiest way there from here would be for Orton to defeat Styles next week on SmackDown, or for Shane to simply make him the #1 contender because he won the Royal Rumble. Styles gets pissed about that, since he earned the #1 contendership, and that, coupled with the fact he never got a one-on-one rematch for the WWE Title, makes him inclined to take it out on Shane.
AJ: Blah blah something I'm wrestling for the belt at 'Mania!

Shane: Actually, you aren't. As GM (or whatever the hell is "title" is) of Smackdown I make the matches, Randy won the Rumble fair and square, so he has fair right to the match.

AJ: That's not fair! I'm mad! I have to fight someone....what if I fight you!

Camera does the classic WWE Zoom in as AJ gets within an inch of Shane's face. AJ turns around and walks away as Shane eyeballs him in the distance (As per WWE post-promo law).

Boom. There's the match. Not a big fan of it, but oh well...
Old 03-01-2017, 11:32 AM

Or;

Next week Shane announces AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton for the right to face Wyatt at WM.

The match goes to double count-out. Shane comes out and says 'No, we're not ending like this again' and restarts the match. Orton leaps back in the ring, but AJ gets pissed, launches himself at Shane and gets counted out. Orton wins by count-out, AJ destroys Shane at ringside until security pulls him off.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:01 PM

Jade, Miracle Mike Bennett and Maria are all out of TNA.

Yikes!
Old 03-01-2017, 02:27 PM

I remember the Bennetts were hinting at leaving a few months ago because Maria's going to grad school. I liked Mike's drunken henpecked husband angle in Impact. I guess the wedding thing is the onset of their sendoff.

Erick Rowan's cleared to come back to WWE. A promo for a SD show in my area showed him following Bray Wyatt in mysterio vision, complete with sheep mask.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:42 PM

theres a a rumor that jarrets going import people in from his fed he attempted to start that didn't take off
Old 03-01-2017, 02:56 PM

Honestly, it might be better if Impact just started this week with a complete clean restart. I would prefer not to see Jarrett as a regular authority figure or anything, but just having him come out with "New owners, new administration, titles all reset, we're no longer using the TNA name" may be better than trying to explain in storyline why the Hardys went away, why Jade is no longer feuding with Rosemary, where Maria went, etc.

That would also give them a chance to restructure things that aren't working (like the DCC) cleanly.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:19 PM

From what I've gathered, most of the reason for the cuts is the insane contracts Dixie was giving out to the wrestlers. Mike, for example, was making 250 a year for, what, a week's worth of work a month? I can't imagine what the Hardys were being paid...

I think this is going to basically be like a sports team (NFL, MLB...pick your poison) that was run into the ground by a previous owner, and the new owner is basically saying "look, we are going to suck for a couple years, but this has to happen".

Cutting out all the old contracts, releasing the veterans and (eventually I'm guessing) bringing in young, cheap no-name free agents that they hope pan out to something in the long run. I don't know what TNAs scouting department is like, but here's to hoping they're closer to the Patriots and not the Redskins...

I went from "Can't wait for the tapings this weekend!" to "Screw the tapings this weekend" and now I'm inching closer to "shit, just out of curiosity..." So I don't exactly know what I'm doing this weekend.

What should I do on Saturday: Go to Universal to see whatever this weird-ass TNA is? Or go to Seaworld for a Styx concert?
Old 03-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzeiger View Post
Honestly, it might be better if Impact just started this week with a complete clean restart. I would prefer not to see Jarrett as a regular authority figure or anything, but just having him come out with "New owners, new administration, titles all reset, we're no longer using the TNA name" may be better than trying to explain in storyline why the Hardys went away, why Jade is no longer feuding with Rosemary, where Maria went, etc.
Apparently, Dutch Mantell (Zeb Colter) and Bruce Prichard (Brother Love) have been rehired to run the booking team. It's possible that without Dixie's ego, Russo's stupidity, and Jim Cornette's old-fashioned-ness combining to form a perfect storm of crap, that they just might be able to get something done.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
From what I've gathered, most of the reason for the cuts is the insane contracts Dixie was giving out to the wrestlers. Mike, for example, was making 250 a year for, what, a week's worth of work a month? I can't imagine what the Hardys were being paid...

I think this is going to basically be like a sports team (NFL, MLB...pick your poison) that was run into the ground by a previous owner, and the new owner is basically saying "look, we are going to suck for a couple years, but this has to happen".

Cutting out all the old contracts, releasing the veterans and (eventually I'm guessing) bringing in young, cheap no-name free agents that they hope pan out to something in the long run. I don't know what TNAs scouting department is like, but here's to hoping they're closer to the Patriots and not the Redskins...

I went from "Can't wait for the tapings this weekend!" to "Screw the tapings this weekend" and now I'm inching closer to "shit, just out of curiosity..." So I don't exactly know what I'm doing this weekend.

What should I do on Saturday: Go to Universal to see whatever this weird-ass TNA is? Or go to Seaworld for a Styx concert?
Oh, to be sure, Dixie got to a point where she was constantly having to bring in new investors just to fund a round of taping, they had to do a lot of cutbacks. Still, reports are that the new contracts are paid per day instead of per show--previously if they filmed three days of episodes in one day they'd get paid for three episodes, now they'll only get paid for one. Plus I've heard they're also asking for 10% of the money for any indy bookings the talent takes while under Impact contract.

Wouldn't Saturday be the third day of taping? I thought they were taping Thursday starting with Thursday night's episode. If so, we should know by tomorrow night what the landscape will look like.

Matt Morgan apparently tweeted this week that he'll be back to weekly wrestling shows very soon, so I assume he'll be there. Magnus spent time with GFW, so he might show up (assuming being married to Mickie James doesn't prevent him from locking into a contract due to NXT hopes)
Old 03-02-2017, 07:50 AM

Quote:
You're our Orlando resident and on-the-spot reporter for all things Impact and NXT. You even keep us abreast of what rides Izzy takes at Universal. :-) Half of Styx is dead and you can turn on any classic rock station and hear Come Sail Away.

Do what's best for us and report the progress of the TNA trainwreck!
Old 03-02-2017, 08:26 AM

Besides, half of the Styx song catalog is just moaning about how horrible and depressing life is and how our future is totally fucked because of technology.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

Besides2, isn't it more like a Styx tribute band featuring maybe one original member at this point?
Old 03-02-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Besides2, isn't it more like a Styx tribute band featuring maybe one original member at this point?
I don't know actually. Because they're just billed as "Styx" at Seaworld.

Ironically enough, because of the Flower and Garden Show is also happening right now at Disney, in a month or two or whatever there's a concert of "Dennis DeYoung and the Music of Styx". So I don't know who's more Styx-y, Styx or DDeY and the Music of.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I don't know actually. Because they're just billed as "Styx" at Seaworld.

Ironically enough, because of the Flower and Garden Show is also happening right now at Disney, in a month or two or whatever there's a concert of "Dennis DeYoung and the Music of Styx". So I don't know who's more Styx-y, Styx or DDeY and the Music of.
Guess DDeY didn't get the rights to use the name, but can use the music. Maybe you get the drummer.
Old 03-02-2017, 11:44 AM

It would probably include Den DeY's solo material when he went all adult contemporary and provided background music for dentist offices everywhere.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:51 PM

Minor correction to my post above: Impact is apparently taping today, but not for tonight's episode, tonight is the last one from the previous set of tapings, so at least a couple of storylines for departing people could be resolved.

But still, there should end up being some spoilers out there before the weekend if you want to see just how train-wrecky it will be before deciding between Impact and kind-of-Styx this weekend (or not-quite-Styx at Epcot's Land of Perpetual Festivals later on)
Old 03-02-2017, 05:23 PM

I believe Tommy Shaw and James Young are still touring with Styx, along with Canadian musician Lawrence Gowan and whomever they have for a drummer (John Panozzo died years ago). Chuck Panozzo might sometimes accompany them as bassist, but Dennis DeYoung is definitely not with the group.

Anyway, they're halfway decent, but Styx isn't quite the same without Dennis.

Last edited by ekedolphin; 03-02-2017 at 05:23 PM.