Old 10-26-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
Missed Bray Wyatt and company walking off with Undertaker. I switched to football too soon, I guess.
I didn't see it either, just caught the stills on the RAW intro. I don't want to see Taker wrestling again, especially with those goops.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
I don't want to see Taker wrestling again, especially with those goops.
It seems to me that they're setting up Taker vs one of the Wyatts at WrestleMania, which I will assume will be the main event as most wrestling types I know are under the impression that it will be his final match (especially as it is in Dallas and he comes from Texas).

Why it's not Taker vs. Sting in a "everybody retires" match, I don't know.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:52 PM

How subversive was that? The minute King Barrett came into the match, I was sure he was the fall guy, like every other match. Dudleys and Ryback have him down, getting the tables, and... Barrett schoolboys Bubba for the win!
Old 10-26-2015, 09:55 PM

Wait...did you say Barrett won?

I don't believe you at all
Old 10-27-2015, 07:40 AM

This week's RAW was definitely an "out with the old, in with the new" transition.

Zeb Colter is advocating Mexico and America combine into one country, Mexamerica, and his scooter brandishes the two flags joined together down the diagonal. It's weird seeing him with Alberto, but stranger things have happened. Again, WWE pretends Al did nothing after he left WWE. Byron says he has a little ring rust. What is so WRONG with saying he's also AAA champ? Doesn't that make him sound even more great?

Kane is back to being the jobber placeholder for UT. I liked his first feud with the Wyatts. Bray told him "You shouldn't go around telling everybody you're the devil's favorite demon. You never know who might be listening." I guess this means UT and Kane are passing the occult torch to Bray.

Roman can now feud with Seth with impunity, and it will rock. Those guys know each intimately, so there will be less politics and bullshit to get in the way. I don't know if Dean will be satisfied with playing third wheel for too much longer. He's just the type to turn heel for no reason and still make it work. Triple Threat match at SS maybe?

During the Susan G moment when Titus O'Neil was talking, was Sandow in the back row? It looked like him, but I couldn't be sure. He's been absent for so long, I about forgot what he looked like.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
During the Susan G moment when Titus O'Neil was talking, was Sandow in the back row?
I never heard Titus playing it straight before. They could have made a decent character out of him. What a waste.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:49 AM

I started watching when titles meant something and were more than props so when they announced the #1 contender thing I thought it would be Del Rio vs Owens. Back in the day the US title holder was the #1 contender. I don't know if it was the same with the IC title. What's the point of those titles of the holder isn't a contender for the world title? If you need a midcard title bring back the TV or European titles. Damn these guys piss me off.

Now pardon me, I have to yell at some clouds.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:22 AM

Times change, Cell Guy. I've caught myself saying "back in my day..." so many times.

I used to live in Arkansas, which was part of the NWA mid-south territory run by Leroy McGirk and Bill Watts. That particular branch had the North American Heavyweight title, which was supposed to be a step down from the World Title. I think Harley Race was World champ then. He'd show up maybe once a year, as he was touring all the territories: Florida, Georgia, Mid-Atlantic, Mid-South, Mid-West, Mid-Whatever. I'm sure the top titles in those territories were considered one step down from the World Title as well.

Now that everything's under one umbrella, those regional titles are taking up space in storage somewhere. The US title is just a carryover from WCW, and WWE already had the Intercontinental Title. Dean Ambrose had the US title for nearly a year and hardly defended it, because The Shield was too hot for him to break away from at the time. Cena at least made the US title mean something. It was really just a way to keep him from hogging the World Title and letting somebody else appear on the talk show circuit. "Number One Contender" just means "whoever we're pushing at the moment" these days. They don't give a shit about rankings and point systems anymore.

Last edited by Knowed Out; 10-27-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:38 AM

The Young Bucks just tweeted something to the effect of "Finally the deal's been done and we're excited"

Probably with WWE
Old 10-27-2015, 02:00 PM
Charter Member

Those in the know are saying they're likely going to Lucha Underground. They're currently holding the PWG tag titles, so the Temple is probably within driving distance of where they're working most of the time anyway.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:02 PM

RoH is also a possibility. I thought they already had contracts, but maybe that was just a per appearance deal.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:11 PM

Well, they just announced 19 more signings for the Performance Center.

While obviously we don't tend to hear a lot about releases there, or they're done individually, I'm still rather surprised that we have not seen any large scale releases by WWE yet this year.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
RoH is also a possibility. I thought they already had contracts, but maybe that was just a per appearance deal.
ROH has now confirmed that they've been signed.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Well, they just announced 19 more signings for the Performance Center.

While obviously we don't tend to hear a lot about releases there, or they're done individually, I'm still rather surprised that we have not seen any large scale releases by WWE yet this year.

And most of those 19, from what I heard, were the people who appeared on, but didn't win, Tough Enough.

Anyone know if the black guy was one of them? I'm godawful with names and barely watched the show, but I remember a fit, strong black guy who was voted of controversially.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:29 PM

Holy crap was that a fun match. Jordan Bagels /Gargano Chiampa was a really good match.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:47 PM

Did anyone else's feed cut in and skip forward a lot?

We are just watching now and having a hell of a time watching because it skips forwards every 45 seconds
Old 10-29-2015, 07:54 AM

Yes, my feed was problematic too, but that's nothing new.

The Jordan/Bagles vs Ciampa/Gargano was fun as all get-out. Can that be the main event for the next 100 or so tapings?

Corey really needs to stop being JBL Jr and quit commenting about someone's looks. His choice of hair style and swamp neck tattoos don't exactly make him Gentlemen's Quarterly cover material either.

The new Diva jobbers looked really talented. The girl who faced Naia practically danced with a broomstick.

I'm hoping the Alexa Bliss & Super Happy Fun Group vs Bailey and co. match next week will entail Bailey taking on Blake and/or Murphy. I really think they can make it work. B & M are great sellers, and they've developed into "mama's boys" personalities enough to make a chick kicking their asses look credible.
Old 10-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Charter Member

It's been announced that Lucha Underground starts taping season 2 two weeks from Saturday, for a premiere in January.

Right now it looks like they're only taping 24 episodes for this season, but it's also being reported that 2016 is going to see them do a live tour and a feature-length movie.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I'm hoping the Alexa Bliss & Super Happy Fun Group vs Bailey and co. match next week will entail Bailey taking on Blake and/or Murphy. I really think they can make it work. B & M are great sellers, and they've developed into "mama's boys" personalities enough to make a chick kicking their asses look credible.
And them taking a couple of shots at Bayley (on the Network, so no TV-PG "Oh my GOD, BEATING A WOMAN!!!" complaints, of fewer anyway) would give them nuclear heat.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:20 PM

They've been doing these mixed tags with them for a couple months now during house shows, and they've been a hoot every time, so I expect good things out of them.

Also who is Bayley teaming with? The Vaudes? The feed for this weeks show is SO BAD for us we can't even watch it
Old 10-29-2015, 06:38 PM

They didn't say. Maybe it'll be Jordan and Bagles.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:58 PM

Ruru apparently got a torn bicep during Smackdown and will be out a month (give or take).

At this rate the internet will explode because KO and Cesaro are going to get pushed cuz they're just not gonna have anyone left lol
Old 10-30-2015, 10:11 AM

Well no, Cesaro in Vince's eyes is nothing more than an upper midcard jobber.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

William Regal had some pretty brutal neck surgery this week (pictures of his scar here), which sadly means that his jobbing to Cesaro two years ago will in all likelihood have been the final match in his wrestling career. He was pretty much the last guy in the business to have started his career as a legit fighter in the pre-MMA days (as a teen, he was a "hooker" on the British carnival circuit, where his job was to tap out anyone stupid enough to pay ten quid for a shot at the jackpot if they could pin him), so his officially retiring is more or less the end of an era.

Nice to see how humble he is about it - "don't tell me best wishes and don't bother praying for me, just thank you for being a fan". Hopefully he's got plenty more years ahead of him helping to scout and teach new talent and build the future of the business.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:37 AM

Since when has WWE forgotten about comebacks for their current stars?

They freak out every time Jericho feels like coming back on TV, but with the Usos coming back inconspicuously (they weren't even the last people announced) last night, and with Rowan just showing up the week before, WWE has forgotten how to market
Old 11-03-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
Since when has WWE forgotten about comebacks for their current stars?

They freak out every time Jericho feels like coming back on TV, but with the Usos coming back inconspicuously (they weren't even the last people announced) last night, and with Rowan just showing up the week before, WWE has forgotten how to market
The key word is "stars". Jericho is a WWE A-lister and has some mainstream celebrity status as well; this is far more than you can say for the Usos or Rowan.

Not making a big deal about a comeback is the normal WWE modus operandi; usually, when a wrestler returns, they'll just say, "(wrestler) making his return to the WWE" and leave it at that.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:03 AM

"Oh hey, the Usos are back, but our Tag Team division is now so full we have no idea what to do with them. Are they still popular? Doesn't matter, we're pushing these other teams."
Old 11-03-2015, 11:29 AM

Bray Wyatt: Ah have CONSUMED the SOULS of the UNDERTAKER and KANE hahahahaha
(Which would actually kill them)
JBL: That's disrespectful! You can't do that to two established legends! That just makes me sick!
(Normally, when people react to somebody getting killed, they don't say that's disrespectful)

Bray's new superpower is the ability to control lights? But he already has that.

I AM PART OF THE MOVEMENT! I wore my Wyatt Family shirt to Tool in Phoenix this past Halloween. A handful of concertgoers recognized them. THE MOVEMENT'S GROWING MAGGLE!
Old 11-03-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
William Regal had some pretty brutal neck surgery this week (pictures of his scar here), which sadly means that his jobbing to Cesaro two years ago will in all likelihood have been the final match in his wrestling career. He was pretty much the last guy in the business to have started his career as a legit fighter in the pre-MMA days (as a teen, he was a "hooker" on the British carnival circuit, where his job was to tap out anyone stupid enough to pay ten quid for a shot at the jackpot if they could pin him), so his officially retiring is more or less the end of an era.

Nice to see how humble he is about it - "don't tell me best wishes and don't bother praying for me, just thank you for being a fan". Hopefully he's got plenty more years ahead of him helping to scout and teach new talent and build the future of the business.
Regal was a great wrestler, all around. And yeah, one of the last classically trained grapplers in the business. As good as he was in the ring he was even better on the microphone in WWE. Hopefully he'll get some time behind the announce table.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:47 AM

He's chief talent scout for WWE, so he's a very busy man, along with the "NXT GM" duties.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Regal was part of the announce team on FCW/NXT for several years up until he took the GM role last year. I love him in both roles, especially since as GM he actually plays the part like a professional who's concerned about fairness and the reputation of the business, a welcome change from the merry-go-round heel authority figures WWE has been rolling with for 20 years now. He kind of reminds me of Jack Tunney in his role as WWF President back in the day.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:48 PM

Sadly, Vince is utterly incapable of writing such a competent character on the main stage. Within a week, he'd be a blundering buffoon who was regularly being tricked by the heels, followed by his own heel turn within a month (AKA Heel GM #9,781,472).
Old 11-03-2015, 02:22 PM

Regal bit the biggest bullet ever when he kissed Vince's ass on TV. Thankfully he recovered from that demeaning experience with class.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:37 PM

They certainly made him look good in this week's Breaking Ground.

Trying to teach everyone how to roll and got super pissed when people weren't getting it.

Made him really seem like he wanted the best for This Busniess (copyright HHH)
Old 11-03-2015, 08:32 PM

This is cute.

Kevin Owens tells Vince to fire Paige.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:07 PM

Quote:
One of the few things I like about the end of kayfabe is the chance to see the people behind the characters. Back in the day, they stayed in character ALL the time.
Related to the video though..Noelle Foley - Dayum! I feel kind of dirty. I remember her as the little girl watching her dad taking multiple chair shots from The Rock. I am officially old.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.E.S.K.Top668 View Post
One of the few things I like about the end of kayfabe is the chance to see the people behind the characters. Back in the day, they stayed in character ALL the time.
Related to the video though..Noelle Foley - Dayum! I feel kind of dirty. I remember her as the little girl watching her dad taking multiple chair shots from The Rock. I am officially old.
Hard to believe his little boy Dewey is now a grown man. When Daddy Mick turned heel in ECW, he blamed the fans for wanting everything hard core, especially the guy who held up a sign that read "Cane Dewey." Dewey's only three you sick bastards!
Old 11-04-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Regal bit the biggest bullet ever when he kissed Vince's ass on TV. Thankfully he recovered from that demeaning experience with class.
That sort of thing always amazed me.

Can you imagine the lawsuit?

"My employer ordered me to quite literally kiss his naked ass on international TV, in front of millions."

No way WWE ever wins that one.

But of course, the people in the biz are so intent on staying there that refusing, then suing the ever living fuck out of WWE would never occur to them.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
That sort of thing always amazed me.

Can you imagine the lawsuit?

"My employer ordered me to quite literally kiss his naked ass on international TV, in front of millions."

No way WWE ever wins that one.
Shoot, more than half the stuff that happens on any given episode of Raw would be fodder for lawsuits, criminal charges, and Congressional investigations if it were real. Imagine Rob Manfred running onto the field during the World Series and hitting the Royals' pitcher over the head with a chair because the league sells more merch when a New York team is winning.

Last edited by Smapti; 11-04-2015 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Neither you, nor that article, could have written a more misleading headline
Old 11-04-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
The new Diva jobbers looked really talented. The girl who faced Naia practically danced with a broomstick.
I'm not surprised: KC Cassidy (Peyton Royce), Jessie McKay (Billie Kay), Evie and Shazza McKenzie are all SHIMMER alums of some consequence, with Peyton Royce being the least distinguished. Billie Kay and Asuka had a match on NXT that was barely a shade of the match they had at SHIMMER Vol. 54, and it was still better than most of the divas matches they've shown on RAW in the last four months.

Quote:
Ruru apparently got a torn bicep during Smackdown and will be out a month (give or take).
That may, inadvertently, be the best thing that could happen for Rusev: he can recuperate while out of the spotlight, and let some of the heat that management has on him die down, and he and Lana can quietly get married.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Neither you, nor that article, could have written a more misleading headline
I imagine the scene went something like this:

KO: Hey Paige. Toss me a sharpie.
Paige: Take 'em all, ya wanker. (Toss)
KO: That does it. I'm telling Vince on you.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.E.S.K.Top668 View Post
I remember seeing her on the Wifeswap her dad did with... uh... I forget. Some celeb. Anyway, yes, fortunately she doesn't take after her dad in the looks department.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Charter Member

My, Izzy certainly is growing up fast, isn't she?
Old 11-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Charter Member

Breaking news

Seth Rollins has officially been stripped of the world championship after suffering a serious knee injury last night which will leave him out of action for 6-9 months.

A tournament to pick the new champion is now booked for Survivor Series.

Holy shit. An anticlimactic end to Rollins' reign to say the least (and just when he was starting to gain momentum and look like a credible champion), but if he's legit injured, at least they're not going to string it out for months like they did with Bryan.

So, where do we go now? Does Reigns finally get his brass ring? Does Sheamus just cash in on the winner anyway? Is Brock Lesnar willing to work three matches in one night and take back what he never really lost?

Let the wild speculation commence.

Last edited by Smapti; 11-05-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:07 PM

At a WWE Live Event in Dublin, Seth Rollins tore his right ACL, MCL and medial meniscus. He will not be able to defend the WWE World Heavyweight Championship against Roman Reigns at Survivor Series, and the event will instead feature a tournament for the vacant belt.

Well, damn!

ETA: Ninja'd!

Last edited by ekedolphin; 11-05-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: ninja'd
Old 11-05-2015, 02:23 PM

Wow. Sorry to hear it. Rollins has been doing an excellent job.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:56 PM

Shit shit shit

I was looking forward to Seth vs Roman.

Seamus has been relegated to teaming with Bad King Barrett. He's not really been primed to be a potential champ. It's going to be no surprise if Roman wins. Maybe this is Daniel Bryan's opportunity to return, noggin willing. They've got a reason for him to want revenge on Roman. WWE could write him as having been converted to the Authority's good graces. He's good at portraying the whiny privileged heel. He could essentially be the new Seth Rollins.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:26 PM

This is insane, WWEs big players are dropping like flies.

I don't think they wanted to, but I think this is the time for WWE to bring Bryan back...they have to. I don't think they want to title up reigns yet, and I think the fans would revolt if Sheamus wins. Fingers crossed for Ambrose I guess.

That picture of Izzy is funny because Ms. Cups saw that happen live and made a comment about it...though we still hate her midget privilaged ass
Old 11-05-2015, 10:06 PM

https://38.media.tumblr.com/a3d48a0d...zhteo1_400.gif

This match was the best use of Cameron, ever.