Old 10-12-2018, 01:27 AM

Ugliest rock n roll legal battles

The just announced Lindsay Buckingham v Fleetwood Mac one seems to be a top contender especially since it involves musicians in their 70s and it's possible this iconic bands final stand could end under the cloud of brutal legal contention:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...od-mac-1151779

Off the top of my head, there are the Ozzy v Black Sabbath battles, McCarthy v the Beatles, and I can only imagine what Yes has been through. Credence Clearwater Revival is a band unable to reunite even 50 years later due to legal issues.

But what are the ugliest legal battles? Even better to me are the ones that haunt bands like Mac and I guess you could say CCR that should be making that one last tour but can't without lawyers being involved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-12-2018, 01:51 AM

Queensryche had quite the nasty breakup with Geoff Tate, so much so that they both released albums under the Queensryche name at the same time.

Tate’s band is no longer allowed to tour as Queensryche, but he retains exclusive rights to Operation:Mindcrime in its entirety while his former band mates are only allowed to play selections from the 2 albums under the condition that they are not played as part of a stage show dedicated to the albums. In other words, they can play Eyes Of A Stranger but they can’t play the entire album with the accompanying show that was developed as part of the album concept.

Lots of technicalities, animosity, and silliness. It’s quite a mess.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:05 AM

A couple that come to mind.

John Cougar made no money off his eponymous first several albums due to an exploitative deal and only saw a profit after much legal negotiation for future songs as John Melloncamp, his birth name.

Another is when Prince and Warner Records were feuding, Prince proceeded to release albums under a new label even though Warner owned the name 'Prince'. So he cleverly avoided the issue by temporarily adopting an unpronouncable symbol. That way he left it to the public to rebadge himself with variations of his original name without being in violation of his existing contract.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:14 AM

Roger Waters announced to the world that Pink Floyd was retiring. This came as a surprise to his bandmates, who continued on and produced A Momentary Lapse of Reason. Waters sued, claiming without him there can't be a Pink Floyd band. The remaining members and ultimately the courts said Waters was full of shit, and more Pink Floyd albums were produced sans Waters.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reindeer Flotilla View Post
Roger Waters announced to the world that Pink Floyd was retiring. This came as a surprise to his bandmates, who continued on and produced A Momentary Lapse of Reason. Waters sued, claiming without him there can't be a Pink Floyd band. The remaining members and ultimately the courts said Waters was full of shit, and more Pink Floyd albums were produced sans Waters.
There was a similar legal battle between David Byrne and the other members of the Talking Heads when he left that band. The case was settled out of court but Byrne won to the extent that the band had to change its name to the Heads.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:43 AM

Wasn't Steely angry at Dan for a number of years?

mmm
Old 10-12-2018, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

This one isn't really ugly*, but it's a good example of how messed up the music biz can be.

Wilco had recorded their landmark "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" album and was prepared to release it in the fall of 2001 when the head of their label (Reprise Records) was let go in a purge of executives following the AOL Time Warner merger. The label then decided to drop Wilco, and as part of the buyout negotiations they allowed Wilco to retain the rights to the album. The band spent several months shopping for a new label and eventually landed a deal with Nonesuch Records, which was another Warner subsidiary. So in a sense, Warner wound up paying for the album twice.

*Although there was some ugly stuff going on in the band at the time, but mostly just resulted in band members getting booted. Check out the documentary "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" which follows the making of the album and the subsequent legal hassles.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:52 AM

After Carl Wilson passed, Mike Love battled with Al Jardine over the use of "Beach Boys" in the names of their respective bands and their tours. As a result of this and other suits with other musicians/bands, Chris Hillman, Roger McGuinn, and David Crosby came to an agreement that the word "Byrds" could only be used in projects that included ALL THREE of them.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:54 AM

Well, there's the Deep Purple lawsuit. The band split up in the 1970s, but in 1980 a shady management company approached the original lead singer, Rod Evans, to put together a Deep Purple reunion tour. As it turned out, Evans was the only former of member to participate. When the other original bandmates caught wind of this, they sued Evans. Evans was forced to pay $670,000 (almost $2M in today's money) and to permanently waive his royalties from the band's first three albums.

Following the judgment, Evans completely disappeared from public life—he hasn't given so much as an interview since 1980, and didn't even attend his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2016. Nobody seems to know what happened to him or where he is, though there are rumours that he entered the medical profession, working as a nurse, technician, or therapist at a hospital in Los Angeles.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russian heel View Post
Credence Clearwater Revival is a band unable to reunite even 50 years later due to legal issues.

My understanding is that the problem with a reunion is that John Fogerty is an asshole.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:44 AM

The Band. Robbie Robertson was roundly hated by the other members. Seems like there was a legal fight over the royalties (?) between Levon Helm and Robertson.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Isaiah 1:15 Screw the NRA.
Charter Member

Hell, this isn't even close to the ugliest legal battle Fleetwood Mac has had. Back in 1974 their manager sent out a fake band under their name. Mick Fleetwood and John McVie had to sue (and spend a year sidelined) just to win back the rights to their own names!
Old 10-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GESancMan View Post

My understanding is that the problem with a reunion is that John Fogerty is an asshole.
Perhaps, but Fogarty also faced a lawsuit where the record company sued him because he sounded too much like himself.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:07 AM

Not as well known as any of those artists, but in the late 90's/early 2000's there was a rising artist named Poe, who had a string of minor hits across two albums, then suddenly disappeared. The disappearance was apparently due to the following series of events, almost none of which had anything to do with her personally:

Quote:
  • Poe's three album deal is lost in Atlantic/AOL Time Warner merger. In November 2000, Atlantic/AOL Time Warner first chose to drop the Modern/FEI, and as a result were contractually obligated to pay Modern/FEI an undisclosed amount of money, and effectively release themselves from any further fiduciary responsibilities to Modern/ FEI and/or Poe.

• Modern/FEI's agreed to give Atlantic a two-year grace period during which Modern/FEI agreed not to do anything commercially with any of Poe's master recordings, enabling Atlantic to sell off their stock of already produced copies of "Haunted." As a result, "Haunted" received no further promotional support and the album faded from the market place.

• In 2004, Modern/ FEI sold the Poe Masters for "Hello" and "Haunted" to Sheridan Square Music who merged in 2005 with V2 Records, which cataloged the Poe masters under a sub-label called Indie Blue. Indie Blue and Sheridan Square Music were acquired by E-One Music in 2009.

• Though Modern/ FEI kept ownership of Poe’s masters until 2004, in 2001 as “Haunted” was climbing the charts, the label sold its interest in Poe as an artist and in Poe’s future recordings, in a questionable deal to wealthy oil executive and author Robert M. Edsel who bought her contract and kept Poe tied up in court, unable to release new music or perform professionally for nearly a decade. What music Poe did release during that time was generally done under the pseudonym “Jane.”
Old 10-12-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityChuck View Post
Perhaps, but Fogarty also faced a lawsuit where the record company sued him because he sounded too much like himself.
That reminds me of George Harrison's legal troubles. Harrison got sued because his hit "My Sweet Lord" sounded too much like the Chiffons' hit "He's So Fine". The judge found that Harrison had not intentionally plagiarized the song, but ordered him to pay damages anyway. The experience was reportedly very traumatic for Harrison. But eventually at least he was able to poke some fun at the fiasco with the song and music video "This Song".
Old 10-12-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCnDC View Post
Not as well known as any of those artists, but in the late 90's/early 2000's there was a rising artist named Poe, who had a string of minor hits across two albums, then suddenly disappeared. The disappearance was apparently due to the following series of events, almost none of which had anything to do with her personally:
Oh, is that what happened to her? I liked her single "Angry Johnny" and always wondered why I never heard anything after her first album.

By the way, you quoted an awful lot of text there without attribution, which isn't really fair to the original authors. It looks like most or all of it comes from an old version of her Wikipedia article.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:46 AM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Right; the primary legal issue around CCR had been that Saul Zaentz (who owned Fantasy Records, which held the rights to CCR's music) was as much of an asshole as John Fogerty was / is, leading to many years of legal wrangling between Zaentz and CCR. Zaentz no longer is involved with the CCR rights, and the new owners of Fantasy turned rights back over to Fogerty, so it sounds like that end of the saga is finally over.

However, it also sounds like there've been lawsuits between John Fogerty and the other two surviving members of the band (Stu Cook and Doug Clifford; Tom Fogerty died in 1990), especially when the two of them began to tour under the "Credence Clearwater Revisited" name. There's been, literally, decades of bad blood between John Fogerty and Cook / Clifford, and if anything's preventing a CCR reunion, I suspect that that'd be the primary reason.

Last edited by kenobi 65; 10-12-2018 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Isaiah 1:15 Screw the NRA.
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi 65 View Post
There's been, literally, decades of bad blood between John Fogerty and Cook / Clifford, and if anything's preventing a CCR reunion, I suspect that that'd be the primary reason.
Well, that and the fact that John hasn't the slightest interest in any sort of reunion in the first place.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:15 AM

As far as "ugly" goes, it's kinda hard to beat the CCR feud. Some real petty, personal grudge shit there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GESancMan View Post

He refuses to ever play with Doug and Stu ever again, for any reason.

Quote:
Not as well known as any of those artists, but in the late 90's/early 2000's there was a rising artist named Poe, who had a string of minor hits across two albums, then suddenly disappeared.
So that's what happened to her. I've got Hello, and think its a pretty good album. She did seem kinda weird and dependent on her brother for stage fright. I figured that's why she vanished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenobi 65 View Post
There's been, literally, decades of bad blood between John Fogerty and Cook / Clifford, and if anything's preventing a CCR reunion, I suspect that that'd be the primary reason.
Most of it seems to be on Fogerty's end. I've met Clifford, and he doesn't seem to have an unkind word to say against anybody. I could be wrong, however.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonaut View Post
Oh, is that what happened to her? I liked her single "Angry Johnny" and always wondered why I never heard anything after her first album.

By the way, you quoted an awful lot of text there without attribution, which isn't really fair to the original authors. It looks like most or all of it comes from an old version of her Wikipedia article.
"Hey Pretty" from her second album (the one involved in the mergers and non-promotion as it being released) was an alternative hit and broke into the Adult Top 40.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:32 AM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenus View Post
Well, that and the fact that John hasn't the slightest interest in any sort of reunion in the first place.
FWIW, the CCR article on Wikipedia contains several quotes from Fogerty, from the past few years, in which he's suggested that he might be open to a reunion (though it sounds like it's been couched as "yeah, I might be open to it," not "I'd like to do a reunion"). It also quotes interviews with Cook and Clifford from recent years stating that they'd have no interest in it anymore, and their opinion that Fogerty's recent, mellower statements are just an attempt to improve his image.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
So that's what happened to her. I've got Hello, and think its a pretty good album. She did seem kinda weird and dependent on her brother for stage fright. I figured that's why she vanished.
Her second album, Haunted, is a bit strange but great. It's at least one of my top 10 favorite albums all-time.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:02 AM

Bob Daisley is going to have to keep suing Ozzy Osbourne to get the money that he's owed.
Quote:
May 5, 2017

There will be no more tears or anything else regarding a lawsuit against Ozzy Osbourne by his former bassist.

The case over unpaid royalties by Bob Daisley, who played in Osbourne's original Blizzard of Ozz band, has been dismissed by a U.S. District Court Judge Christina Snyder and directed to arbitration.

Daisley sued Osbourne last August for $2 million in royalties he said he was owed for his songwriting and playing on Osbourne's first two solo albums, Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman; Daisley further claimed that Osbourne and his wife/manager Sharon Osbourne set up a bogus company that allowed them to not report some revenues from the album.

Osbourne's representatives called Daisley's suit "harassment" since the bassist had made other attempts to sue the singer before -- including a suit with drummer Lee Kerslake that was dismissed during 2002.

There's no word yet on when, or whether, arbitration will take place.
Https://wror.com/2017/05/05/ozzy-osb...uit-dismissed/
Old 10-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

You can't get much more ugly than a family feud, and that's what happened to the Cowsills. The kids were managed by their father, and when he discovered that eldest son and lead singer Bill was smoking pot, he fired Bill from the group. The next oldest, Bob, took over as lead singer, but at various points the other members of the family quit, and even Bill's return a few years later couldn't get the whole band back together.

Susan Cowsill took family unity the other way. At one point in the 1990s she was in a band with both her current and future husbands.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:

Off the top of my head, there are the Ozzy v Black Sabbath battles, McCarthy v the Beatles, and I can only imagine what Yes has been through. Credence Clearwater Revival is a band unable to reunite even 50 years later due to legal issues.
"I have here in my hand lyrics that prove these four are communists".
Old 10-12-2018, 02:34 PM

I think the grandaddy of all these types of legal issues has to be by UK band called Badfinger - you will likely know them by the Nilsson cover of Without You.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/badfi...you-were-here/
Old 10-12-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunilou View Post
You can't get much more ugly than a family feud, and that's what happened to the Cowsills. The kids were managed by their father ...
Papa Cowsill also stole the kids' money but didn't pay the IRS. So the kids were stuck paying taxes on money they never got! Their debt to the IRS lasted quite a long time.

I think the Beach Boys have had the longest span of various spats. Starting with the troubles with the father Wilson and still having disputes as to who is or is not in the group for touring and other purposes.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channing Idaho Banks View Post
Bob Daisley is going to have to keep suing Ozzy Osbourne to get the money that he's owed.
Speaking of Ozzy, what about bands/artists that get sued for alleged controversial lyrical content that "inspires" bad behavior in listeners, like the kid that killed himself and his parents sued over the lyrics to the song "Suicide Solution", a song about the slow death involved with alcohol, not "Hey, I want you to kill yourself!". Good grief.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoieGrasIsEvil View Post
Speaking of Ozzy, what about bands/artists that get sued for alleged controversial lyrical content that "inspires" bad behavior in listeners, like the kid that killed himself and his parents sued over the lyrics to the song "Suicide Solution", a song about the slow death involved with alcohol, not "Hey, I want you to kill yourself!". Good grief.
Judas Priest were involved in a similar lawsuit many years ago. Turned out the two young men who shot themselves (one died immediately, the other years later after being horribly disfigured) both came from incredibly dysfunctional backgrounds.

Boston has been a moveable lawsuit, most of it associated with Tom Scholz, since at least the late 1970s.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:14 PM

The Jefferson Starship were locked in some very ugly legal battles. According to the book "Gotta Revolution", the band had legal wrangles going all the way back to the early days of the Jefferson Airplane, but things got very nasty just prior to turning into Starship.

Around about '84, Paul Kantner, the last remaining original member and supposed band leader, told the rest of the band he couldn't stand what the band turned into, he was quitting the band, and that he wanted the band to disband. When the rest of the band disagreed, he sued claiming ownership of the name "Jefferson Starship" and demanded they change their name. THEN things got ugly. Kantner apparently had something of a nervous breakdown and went completely off the deep end. At one point, he phoned lead singer Mickey Thomas's mother and told her he'd been killed in a car crash.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:36 AM

Also for your consideration, Hogdson vs Davies which broke up Supertramp. Similar to CCR, it was essentially Hodgson wanting nothing anymore to do with the band and the feuding commenced. Somewhat recently, Hodgson mentioned that he was finally open to a reunion but Davies, author of Goodbye Stranger, said thanks but no thanks.
Old 10-13-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Her second album, Haunted, is a bit strange but great. It's at least one of my top 10 favorite albums all-time.
I pulled Hello out of the vault yesterday and gave it a listen. Still sounds pretty good. I'll look for Haunted.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunilou View Post
You can't get much more ugly than a family feud, and that's what happened to the Cowsills. The kids were managed by their father, and when he discovered that eldest son and lead singer Bill was smoking pot, he fired Bill from the group. The next oldest, Bob, took over as lead singer, but at various points the other members of the family quit, and even Bill's return a few years later couldn't get the whole band back together.

Susan Cowsill took family unity the other way. At one point in the 1990s she was in a band with both her current and future husbands.
Anyone who has heard of the Cowsills probably already knows this but they were the inspiration for The Partridge Family.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:34 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman Doors, USAF View Post
Queensryche had quite the nasty breakup with Geoff Tate, so much so that they both released albums under the Queensryche name at the same time.

Tate’s band is no longer allowed to tour as Queensryche, but he retains exclusive rights to Operation:Mindcrime in its entirety while his former band mates are only allowed to play selections from the 2 albums under the condition that they are not played as part of a stage show dedicated to the albums. In other words, they can play Eyes Of A Stranger but they can’t play the entire album with the accompanying show that was developed as part of the album concept.

Lots of technicalities, animosity, and silliness. It’s quite a mess.
It was uglier than that. The band got together in a meeting and fired their manager and the head of the fan club. Tate was not at the meeting. The two that were fired were his wife and step-daughter. That lead to a physical fight before a show in Brazil. It was rumored that Tate pulled a knife but he denies that. Soon after he was kicked out of the band.

When Tate put out his album under the Queensr˙che name it featured remakes of all their biggest songs with the new band. The album was called Frequency Unknown but the most prominent letters on the cover artwork were “F” and “U”.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:34 PM

The ugly feud that immediately came to mind was the one between Bruce Springsteen and producer Mike Appel, which led to Springsteen not recording new music for a year (just when he'd reached a peak of national fame) and festered in court for a long time.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...ness-edge-town
Old 10-13-2018, 03:37 PM

Motley Crue and Elektra records.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Clark View Post
Motley Crue and Elektra records.
Didn't Vince Neil kill someone drunk driving?
Old 10-13-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
It was uglier than that. The band got together in a meeting and fired their manager and the head of the fan club. Tate was not at the meeting. The two that were fired were his wife and step-daughter. That lead to a physical fight before a show in Brazil. It was rumored that Tate pulled a knife but he denies that. Soon after he was kicked out of the band.

When Tate put out his album under the Queensr˙che name it featured remakes of all their biggest songs with the new band. The album was called Frequency Unknown but the most prominent letters on the cover artwork were “F” and “U”.
Oh, I know. But I didn’t want to give away the juiciest parts of the story. The best part was when Tate spent a lot of time at the last show spitting on the rest of them.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Didn't Vince Neil kill someone drunk driving?
Oh yeah.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razzle_(musician)

Last edited by cgg419; 10-13-2018 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:09 PM
Horrified Onlooker

The warfare between Frank Zappa's children is pretty sad. Perhaps not that surprising considering how emotionally ugly both parents were.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channing Idaho Banks View Post

In reissues of "The Blizzard of Oz" and "Diary of a Madman" Sharon Osbourne replaced Daisely and Kerslakes bass and drum tracks in order to avoid paying them royalties. If you want to hear the original you'll have to do some digging.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman Doors, USAF View Post
Oh, I know. But I didn’t want to give away the juiciest parts of the story. The best part was when Tate spent a lot of time at the last show spitting on the rest of them.

This is interesting. About 12 years ago in our college alumni bulletin the "where are they now" section a college buddy of mine submitted that he played drums for Queensryche. We were amazed since we never knew he played drums and then became skeptical when we could find nothing on the Internet of the sort.

Now, this story makes me want to re-investigate.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:27 AM

Ugliest rock n roll legal battles

Quote:
Also for your consideration, Hogdson vs Davies which broke up Supertramp. Similar to CCR, it was essentially Hodgson wanting nothing anymore to do with the band and the feuding commenced. Somewhat recently, Hodgson mentioned that he was finally open to a reunion but Davies, author of Goodbye Stranger, said thanks but no thanks.

I'm not aware of any legal action. The story I hear is when Hodgson left Tramp there was a verbal agreement with in band rival Rick Davies that Davies could keep the band name but not play Hodgson's songs and Hodgson would not play his.

Several years ago Davies hired a Hodgson lookalike-soundalike who played keyboards just like Hodgson and started performing his songs, and Hodgson griped about it to the press. But I'm. To aware of any legal action over it.

Last edited by russian heel; 10-15-2018 at 01:29 AM.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casdave View Post
I think the grandaddy of all these types of legal issues has to be by UK band called Badfinger - you will likely know them by the Nilsson cover of Without You.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/badfi...you-were-here/
Nah, we'd know them by "Day After Day" and "Baby Blue." Good songs.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:33 AM

Quote:
I'm not aware of any legal action. The story I hear is when Hodgson left Tramp there was a verbal agreement with in band rival Rick Davies that Davies could keep the band name but not play Hodgson's songs and Hodgson would not play his.

Several years ago Davies hired a Hodgson lookalike-soundalike who played keyboards just like Hodgson and started performing his songs, and Hodgson griped about it to the press. But I'm. To aware of any legal action over it.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Never insinuated there was any legal action. But again, when Hodgson put out feelers he might be interested in a reunion, Davies was quick to say (politely), go fuck yourself.

But if you Youtube any solo Hodgson, you won't be hearing any Googbye Stranger though Give a Little Bit is a wonderful 12-string guitar number.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Intentionally Left Blank View Post
Nah, we'd know them by "Day After Day" and "Baby Blue." Good songs.
Also No Matter What and Come and Get It. For modern listeners, how could we have the finale to Breaking Bad without Badfinger?
Old 10-15-2018, 10:28 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreacherousCretin View Post
The warfare between Frank Zappa's children is pretty sad. Perhaps not that surprising considering how emotionally ugly both parents were.
From everything I’ve read and heard I’m with Dweezil on this. I believe that Moon is in that camp. Gail was an awful businessperson. She protected the brand to the point that it was impossible to find his music. It seems that her resentment of Frank fueled her decisions more than good business. Ahmet is worse.

If you can find Dweezil talking on Marc Maron’s show about it he goes into details.

Quote:
Also No Matter What and Come and Get It. For modern listeners, how could we have the finale to Breaking Bad without Badfinger?
I always remember them because they were the first band the Beatles signed to Apple Records. The collapse of Apple started their legal woes.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Jeff View Post
After Carl Wilson passed, Mike Love battled with Al Jardine over the use of "Beach Boys" in the names of their respective bands and their tours.
Wasn't there some sort of restraining order in place at one time during the seventies, that when the band members were onstage they could be no less than five feet from each other?

Quote:
Give a listen to Fogerty's "The Old Man Down The Road" and then spin CCR's "Run Through the Jungle." Damn if it ain't the same tune.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:58 PM

How about Dennis DeYoung vs Styx.
Old 10-15-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Sounds similar to Mary's Danish in the early 90s. Their label supposedly deliberately tanked them and locked them up in an unfulfilled contract. Great band, I was lucky enough to see them a couple of times.