Old 07-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Charter Member

Android app beta testers needed (free)

I'm working with a programmer to get an app working in conjunction with my virtual bubble wrap website. I've wanted to do this since forever, but only recently found someone who could do the programming. Anyway, we need beta testers. Please go here if you're interested (be sure to sign up for the email updates so that you can be alerted when there is a new version)

http://virtual-bubblewrap.com/appbeta.shtml

Thanks! Feel free to use this thread to post feedback.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:48 AM

Enjoyable time waster, had no issues (other than having to download twice because I didn't have "non market" apps enabled and it wouldn't install the first time). I'd add a best score for the 3 bubble sizes (without maniac mode on), but that's just my competitive nature.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Charter Member

Yeah high scores is in the plans. Eventually I want to have it synced up with the website so that people's scores can be posted there, but we're worried about database security.

Nitpick: it's manic mode, not maniac mode. Common mistake though.
Old 07-08-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpalCat View Post
Nitpick: it's manic mode, not maniac mode. Common mistake though.
Oops! Sorry!
Old 07-10-2011, 07:30 PM

Impressive -- it worked with no problems on my T-Mobile G2 with Android 2.3 at 800x480 AND on my Motorola Xoom with Android 3.1 at 1280x800. Lots of apps still have trouble with Honeycomb tablets, but yours worked great. I was going to complain that it wouldn't pop more than one bubble per screen-touch until I found out what "Manic Mode" meant!

It seems to max at 3 simultaneous multi-touches on my Xoom, which isn't really a big deal because it's more fun to be running your finger along and popping them
Old 08-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Charter Member

There is an update that keeps track of your high scores! Please test it out and let me know if it is working or if it is giving your problems. I'm also interested in thoughts about the layout both in general and specifically in the high scores area. is it confusing?

http://virtual-bubblewrap.com/appbeta.shtml