Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2020, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

D&D: Help me pick a module

My D&D group is blessed with not one but two experienced DMs. But one of them is so experienced, that he's feeling sucked dry of ideas lately: He's been doing it since back in the 70s. And the other one isn't quite that dry, but he still likes a break every now and again. Clearly, it's time for someone else to take a seat behind the screen.

Well, I've DMed before. Once. Way back in 2nd edition days. And while I'm our group's resident rules lawyer, I still don't entirely get how 5e is balanced, for things like what encounters a group should be expected to handle. And besides, I don't have as much time as I has back in the 2e days.

So clearly what I need is a module. The current plan is for me to take the group from level 3ish to 5ish, and then hand off to the other DM. WotC or third party either one is fine, as long as it works with 5e D&D. And it can't be Lost Mines of Phandelver, Rise of the Dragon Queen, Curse of Strahd, Sunken Citadel, or Dungeon of the Mad Mage, because we've already done or will be doing all of those.

Suggestions?