Old 02-16-2020, 01:32 AM

I'd been sober for six years.

I am drunk.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:50 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 50 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 54 and rain for the day. Rah. The big plan of the day is to deheathenate, I have ush duty, followed by N.O.L. either out somewhere or comin' back to da cave to make sammiches. If'n it's rainy I think comin' back to da cave shall win out. Other than that, I foresee much sloth. We're a thrill a minute 'round here!

{{{Midget}}} don't let this setback get you down. If you want to be sober, then you can start over today. Relapses do happen but that does not mean you failed. Hang in there!

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then purtification for deheathenization must commence.

Happy Sunday Y'all!
Old 02-16-2020, 06:51 AM

It's Sunday!

A cloudy 32 degrees outside, supposed to stay cloudy and get up to 40.

Echo is being a brat this morning, that taste of the park yesterday has her wanting to go again today. Ripple is clinging to me, afraid I might leave without him.
As though that would happen.
They can run around the yard, but I know it's not the same as running with their friends.

They almost caught a squirrel yesterday. Dumb thing jumped into the neighbor's bush and the bush was not quite strong enough to support the squirrels weight.

{{{WetOne}}} How horrible for everybody. I'm glad Ariel is okay.

{{{Midget}}}
Old 02-16-2020, 07:09 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Did you feel a disturbance in The Force this morning? When I was putting the furniture back in the dining room, I dusted! Before I shampoo the living room floor, I'll finish dusting! No, it's really me. I haven't been abducted by aliens and implanted with some weird dusting fetish. Really!!!

The dining room temporarily looks nice - we'll see how long that lasts. This room, also, is less of a disarray, but who knows how long it'll stay arrayed?

Also on my mission impossible list is getting FCD to sort thru his closet and t-shirt drawers to cull the articles he no longer wears. I shall do the same with mine, tho I have about half the clothing he does. The thrift store should get a few nice bags of goodies this week. And that should mean I'll have to shove less to fit his shirts in the closet.

Not sure what else is on the agenda, but I'll figure it out.

Happy Sunday!!

ETA: {{{Midget}}} Hang in there!!

Last edited by FairyChatMom; 02-16-2020 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Midget hugs
Old 02-16-2020, 07:44 AM

Morning all. Sunday paper retrieved, which may be the most active I'll be all day. Have an aching back, not sure if it's a muscle pull or just adjusting to the new bed and furnishings. Sleeping fine so nothing too major.

Everyone have a good Sunday.

{{{Midget}}}. It's not the bad things that happen to us; it's if we let them define us. You're stronger than the drink. Be well.

Last edited by The Stainless Steel Rat; 02-16-2020 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:20 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Afternoon tailgate before hockey.

{{{{Midget}}}} Starting over is OK. We're here for you regardlesss.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:52 AM

[[[[[Midget]]]]] [[[[[WetOne]]]]]

My hubby got up and went to his breakfast club for the first time in a couple months. He is way better. Still working on regaining stamina. He tires easily. Today is my day. I ain’t doing anything I don’t want to do. I have nowhere to go and shan’t leave the house I hope.

Happy Sunday to everyone!
Old 02-16-2020, 10:23 AM

Mooooooom, when my dad remodeled his bathroom ~25 years ago, I told him that a tall potty would be a good thing, given that he and Mom weren't getting younger and he was a tall guy. He did and never looked back. For dusting, you could enlist Roxy's help. Mom used to put a pair of old socks on our hands when we were kids and turn us loose to dust.

I'm glad Ariel is OK wet one. It was great of you all to pitch in to give Carlos and Gabriel a hand.

metal mouse, if you do decide to change carriers, you should be able to forward all of your emails for your current addy to another email address. I have several email addresses (irk, business and social) and that tells me immediately where the connection to someone is. As for the phone number, you may consider a cell and have both for a transition (living alone, this would give you more flexibility) before phasing the landline out.

{{{Emily}}} Today is a new day. You can start over.

butters, yay for hubby feeling well enough to go to the breakfast bunch.

The party last night was awesome. It was slated to end at 11, but when I left at 12, it was still swinging. The spiced nuts that I took were a hit (they go well with beer and people with the munchies). Today, I'll go to Kroger and likely Tar-jay, take Nelson to the dog park, prep for the breakfasts/lunches, and fix supper (Asian stuffed Napa cabbage and stir fried bok choy with garlic).

I have AT&T for internet and mobile (no cable or landline). I get TV over the air or streaming and it suits my needs. The Roku stick has a bunch of free stuff and the Prime and Netflix accounts are funneled through it. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but for ~$135 a month, I have internet, TV and phone.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:59 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Whew! Break time! I have dusted, including the fluff on top of the ceiling fans. I swept the kitchen floor - it'll get mopped tomorrow, I think. I've cleaned the living room and hall carpets, and fans are going now to help dry them. Dishwasher is loaded, towels in the wash, and I sorted FCD's t-shirts (OMG, that man loves Carhartt) and pulled out a few of mine to toss. His are arranged on the bed for him to decide what stays and what goes. There are several graphic t's and some Land's End mock turtlenecks, too. Whatever he doesn't want will go to the thrift store. Then I need him to go thru his hanging shirts and pants - some haven't been touched in years except to shove them out of the way.

So, yeah, time for a break. Roxy is on her way to her grandmother's for the afternoon. After my towels are done, I think I have enough for one more load of shirts. We shall see.

Butters - good news about your sweetie! I can empathize with you - FCD is frustrated because his back limits what he can do, and he worries that if he has another surgery and is out of the loop too long, his customers will go elsewhere. I think he's worrying over nothing, but I let him vent to me. Heck, I can drive him to his meetings if necessary.

Red - I think Roxy is still a wee bit young to dust, but she's shown interest in the swiffer wand, so I may start to teach her. My mom never took the sock approach - she just told us to grab a rag and dust. I was in charge of the dining room and my sister did the living room, and we both did our room. Funny, my bro never had to dust...
Old 02-16-2020, 12:51 PM

{{{Midget}}} Swampy said it well. Be kind to yourself.

Mooomm - when my kids were young, they liked playing "Cinderella" where they were being "forced to clean" by their wicked stepmother. I was never quite sure how I felt about the game. Helpers versus being the wicked stepmother? Plus, they always ended up fighting about who had which rag or spray bottle. Of course, now I'd love to have them fighting over helping out. *sigh*
Old 02-16-2020, 02:08 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! We deheathenated, came back to da cave, made sammiches for N.O.L., and achieved nappage. Quite a lot for a dreary, rainy day I say. The biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash needs to be hauled all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow, but that may not happen today if'n it keeps rainin'. It could be done early tomorrow mornin' if need be. I took steaks outta da freezer to thaw as tomorrow is men's night over to the church house. I also took out some chikin' noodle soup for tonight's sup. 'Tis a good day for soup.

Butters glad hubs felt like goin' to his breakfast club. I have a mental image of him in detention all day.
Old 02-16-2020, 02:42 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

We have purged FCD's closet at last! Boy, howdy, do we have empty hangers now! The thrift store will do very well by us. I need to check a few more things in my closet, some that I'll offer to my daughter first, then we should be done for now. Yay!

Productive day hereabouts.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:08 PM

Well, contrary to my opinion this morning, I have done a load of dishes(albeit the dishwasher did most of the work, but I loaded and unloaded it) and unpacked 6 boxes of books and put them back on the shelves (only 38 more to go...). Tried to get interested in the Daytona 500, but just couldn't get excited about a bunch of guys making left turns in single-file for three hours...

Probably do a few more book boxes this evening and call it a day well spent.

All y'all take care and catch you on the next MMP.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:36 PM

Feeling poorly today. Havn't done much. The lil'wrekker is on her way back to college.

Sunny girl, hope your testing goes well and provides answers.
FCM, girl slow down. You're scaring me.

emilyg, go forward and forget what you can't change. I have faith in you.

I'm so upset about ruble. So sad.

I go to the clinic tomorrow. Y'all think positive thoughts, the Big Wrek is driving
Old 02-16-2020, 06:50 PM

Toiletries and OtC drugs have been procured and gas in the car. Nelson got to play with a whole herd of little dogs, many of whom were little tan/red/brown chihuahua mixes like him. Supper was stuffed Napa cabbage and garlic ginger bok choy. The stuffed cabbage was a kind of Asian spin on galumpki and it was good.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:25 PM

Going to see Willie tomorrow night and starting to get excited. We will meet at my former clerks house for drinks and get a cab to the venue. Of course hubby can’t drink but I can. It will be so nice to do something besides what has been the norm.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:37 PM

I love it when there are a whole herd of dogs to play with.
We love it when there are 7-8 or more of them running together. Tires them out quickly and there is less likely to be a scuffle.
The big dog side of the park is close to an acre, so they can really run.
Ripple isn't much of a runner, but Echo runs her little heart out trying to keep up with the big dogs. She's all leg, so I think as she gets bigger she'll be able to keep up with them.

She's about 2 inches taller than Ripple now, and she is a lot taller than he is when they stand on their hind legs to wrestle. Hard to believe that 4 months ago she could walk under him.

I emptied out the filing cabinet today and got rid of a bunch more papers. How many copies do I need of my car insurance policy? I kept putting the newest one in on top of the old ones.

I used to be a lot more organized.

Have a good time Butters!

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 02-16-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:44 PM

Yay! Butters!!
Tell Willie we said "Hey"
Old 02-16-2020, 08:04 PM
Charter Member

'Tis a dark, dreary, and rainy night in Jawja. Good to be inside and dry. The rain stopped long enough for me to haul the biiiiiiiiiiiiiig trash can all the way down to the road for pickup tomorrow, so there's that. The soup along with grilled cheese sammiches hit the spot for sup as well as satisfyin' our inner seven year old boys.

Butters yay for goin' to see Willie! I saw him in concert many years ago in Columbus, Jawja. Have a great time!

Nitey Nite Y'all!
Old 02-16-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahirrnee View Post
I love it when there are a whole herd of dogs to play with.
We love it when there are 7-8 or more of them running together. Tires them out quickly and there is less likely to be a scuffle.
The big dog side of the park is close to an acre, so they can really run.
Ripple isn't much of a runner, but Echo runs her little heart out trying to keep up with the big dogs. She's all leg, so I think as she gets bigger she'll be able to keep up with them.

She's about 2 inches taller than Ripple now, and she is a lot taller than he is when they stand on their hind legs to wrestle. Hard to believe that 4 months ago she could walk under him.

I emptied out the filing cabinet today and got rid of a bunch more papers. How many copies do I need of my car insurance policy? I kept putting the newest one in on top of the old ones.

I used to be a lot more organized.

Have a good time Butters!
I like it when he has a bunch of little playmates too. He was tired when we got home, so he's napped off and on.

swampy, as long as the lights don't go out in Jawja...