Old 08-15-2013, 05:00 PM

Oh boy! New quest and new characters -- Eddie and Lou!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

My Tapped Out crashes every time on load up now. The few times it doesn't, it goes immediately to a Scratchy Scratch and Win card, then crashes while I try to scratch it.

Is it safe to uninstall this game completely and reinstall it? I have an Origin account, so will it keep my Springfield for when I download and install it?
Old 08-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
My Tapped Out crashes every time on load up now. The few times it doesn't, it goes immediately to a Scratchy Scratch and Win card, then crashes while I try to scratch it.

Is it safe to uninstall this game completely and reinstall it? I have an Origin account, so will it keep my Springfield for when I download and install it?
Yup, you'll be fine, your account is on the Origin servers, nothing is stored locally (other then "Confirm Donut Spending" and "Audible Notifications"). You can even have the game on multiple devices so you can play on tablet at home and your phone at work.

Last edited by Joey P; 08-18-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Charter Member

Anyone finish Krustyland yet? I'm down to the final 5-6 quests(I've checked online). I hope they continue to expand it as the game goes.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:35 PM

I'm in the middle of building the Tooth Chipper -- that's the last one right? It takes three days to build.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Anyone finish Krustyland yet? I'm down to the final 5-6 quests(I've checked online). I hope they continue to expand it as the game goes.
I'm focused on Springfield for now. I'll get around to finishing Krustyland eventually, but right now I'm content with what I've got (stopped working at it after the Food Needle). I need to build Springfield High next, and with the buildings costing so much now, I need all my characters hard at work on Springfield quests.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

I skipped Springfield High for a while to build the Sunsphere. I love that you can get the boys to celebrate the "WOD FIR" and that they're all wearing the wigs from the episode.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterion View Post
I skipped Springfield High for a while to build the Sunsphere. I love that you can get the boys to celebrate the "WOD FIR" and that they're all wearing the wigs from the episode.
That item has actual events? I had no idea.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

There is at least one scripted event and Bart, Milhouse, Nelson, and Martin all get 16-hour jobs.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I don't have that particular problem, but quality control seems to be an issue. Even on a "normal" play session, it often takes literally minutes of looking at the spinning donuts before it actually shows you the town. Interrupt that spinning at your peril: when you come back, it'll work about a third of the time, make you log in again about a third of the time, and spin forever about a third of the time (at which point only rebooting my device will fix it). For such a simple game, it's got by far the longest load times of anything on my iPad-vastly more complex things with 3D worlds and the like load in a second or two.

Several times it's just lost it's mind and forced me to "start over" -- you have to go through a whole bunch of tutorial quests before you get the chance to try the login again. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Charter Member

I just won $200,000 on the Springfield Downs.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I just won $200,000 on the Springfield Downs.
Nice. Does the First National Bank of Mahaloth allow withdrawals?
Old 09-20-2013, 08:09 AM
Charter Member

I have twice won $200,000, and I certainly have not bet 200 times (the stated odds are 100:1).
Old 09-20-2013, 03:38 PM

Cool. I've been generally avoiding Springfield Downs.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
Cool. I've been generally avoiding Springfield Downs.
I am at the point where Can throw $2000 at it every day. It took about 15 tries to win.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Charter Member

Halloween event starts October 1, everyone.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I'm really glad I didn't stop Lisa from what she was doing to find that out. I feel bad for all the people that spent donuts to speed up the quest that she was on just to put her on the new quest.
IMHO that was kind of a shitty move on their part knowing full well a lot of people would spend real money to get started.

Personally I won't spend donuts to speed up tasks but you can break someone out of a task, if they're in a building, by putting the building into storage (usually, some buildings can't be put into storage).
Old 09-26-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
There is at least one scripted event and Bart, Milhouse, Nelson, and Martin all get 16-hour jobs.
And what the hell is "Wod Fir"???
Old 09-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
And what the hell is "Wod Fir"???
The 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville, Tennessee. Except they were 14 years too late and the sign had partially fallen down, so it was the "WO--D F-IR".
Old 09-26-2013, 01:35 PM

So, I have been combing through this thread and adding everyone I come across in anticipation for Halloween (origin id djoelie84693). Any preparation tips for those who haven't experienced the social events in Tapped Out?

Also any of you get any donuts from the pop a balloon stand in Krustyland? Up until yesterday the best I got was like 85 tickets, then yesterday, 5 donuts (& some tickets)!!! So now I finally am up to 59, should I just get Bumblebee man when I have 60? Or are there likely going to be nice premium characters for Halloween?

Last edited by djoelie; 09-26-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:45 PM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
I did like the digs Lisa got in on the message board peeps.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoelie View Post
So, I have been combing through this thread and adding everyone I come across in anticipation for Halloween (origin id djoelie84693). Any preparation tips for those who haven't experienced the social events in Tapped Out?

Also any of you get any donuts from the pop a balloon stand in Krustyland? Up until yesterday the best I got was like 85 tickets, then yesterday, 5 donuts (& some tickets)!!! So now I finally am up to 59, should I just get Bumblebee man when I have 60? Or are there likely going to be nice premium characters for Halloween?
I got a couple of donuts once, but the best I ever did was a 100 tickets right when I first got the stand. Normally I'm in the 20-50 range.

As for preparing, I just stopped buying stuff. For the past few weeks I picked a dollar amount and anytime I went over that amount I had been buying land and water, not for any reason, just to buy it. Now that something's been announced, I'm not buying anything and just saving my money. Of course, they also just made me buy the DMV, but I have more then enough in reserve to buy anything they throw at me, plus I'll need to buy some more land (and build some roads and rearrange some stuff and make it look nice).

But yeah, save your money since you'll likely be forced to buy some buildings and want to buy some decorations. Today is the wrong day to build your house farm or buy something for $400,000 that's going to take you three weeks to recover from.

ETA, I should mention that I'm still buying boardwalk sections since they take so long to build. They're now up to 2.5 days each. I don't want them to release a bunch of new water stuff and find out I'm stuck because I have to build those first. Though I currently have at least 25 in storage. I can't believe they're already done with that. I have to assume they're going to do more on the water at some point.

Last edited by Joey P; 09-26-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:13 PM

There is also a quick quest where Homer is preparing to go to a convention -- it looks like this ties in with Sunday's season premiere. This update includes a premium nuclear waste barrel and a sushi restaurant.

What's the deal with Springfield and sushi restaurants?
Old 09-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

They've gotta do something with all those Blinkys.
Old 09-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Charter Member

Dammit. After not playing this game for a few months, I logged in today to check on my corn. Whoever said up thread there's limited time to harvest was right. Screw that.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:39 AM

phew, I still have to build the DMV & knowledgeum, maybe I should wait with building them until after Halloween. In SP I'm up to Crypto Barn, but haven't built it yet either. Was totally happy I could trade tickets for money though, so I do have Selma & Patty now

So when visiting other Springfields, should I tap Cletus Farm if it is ready? Because of the limited time to harvest? I didn't know that.

Also, there must be something amazingly delicious about 3-eyed fish? Especially when eaten raw xD
Old 09-27-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
Dammit. After not playing this game for a few months, I logged in today to check on my corn. Whoever said up thread there's limited time to harvest was right. Screw that.
Come back, pulykamell! All is forgiven!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:02 AM

Anyone else having trouble logging in?
Old 09-28-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
The 1982 World's Fair in Knoxville, Tennessee. Except they were 14 years too late and the sign had partially fallen down, so it was the "WO--D F-IR".
Ah-ha! Thanks. I was going nuts trying to figure that out and I kept thinking "Druid holiday"?

But then...what's with the '60s girl-group wigs?

PS--I deleted a bunch of people who hadn't logged in in 6+ months. If anyone wants to add me, it's Fenris9999

Last edited by Fenris; 09-28-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Charter Member

Does anyone know if winning the dog race is affected by whatever percentage everything else gets adjusted by?
That is, right now right now I'm at 44%, so if I click on the Gulp N Blow for $100, I get $144.
If I win the $200,000 pot on the dog track, will I collect $288,000 or just $200,000?
Old 09-29-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
But yeah, save your money since you'll likely be forced to buy some buildings and want to buy some decorations. Today is the wrong day to build your house farm or buy something for $400,000 that's going to take you three weeks to recover from.
Thanks for the tip. I'm saving up. I may even treat myself to a bunch of donuts this month so I can get my Springfield something nice.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigen View Post
Thanks for the tip. I'm saving up. I may even treat myself to a bunch of donuts this month so I can get my Springfield something nice.
I've had friends (that are into video games) that were really struggling trying to get anywhere in this game and were thinking about buying some donuts to get a jump start. To help them justify it I suggested to them that if it were a 'normal' game they probably would have spent $30 or $40 on it so they shouldn't feel bad if they dump some real cash into it. They certainly got plenty of enjoyment out of it.

But just to reiterate what's been said a hundred times already, don't use your donuts to speed anything up. Buy things that will multiply your XP and $ or get a new character, those are much more worthwhile then just making Homer do a 24 hour task in 15 seconds.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
I've had friends (that are into video games) that were really struggling trying to get anywhere in this game and were thinking about buying some donuts to get a jump start. To help them justify it I suggested to them that if it were a 'normal' game they probably would have spent $30 or $40 on it so they shouldn't feel bad if they dump some real cash into it. They certainly got plenty of enjoyment out of it.

But just to reiterate what's been said a hundred times already, don't use your donuts to speed anything up. Buy things that will multiply your XP and $ or get a new character, those are much more worthwhile then just making Homer do a 24 hour task in 15 seconds.
I've only used them to speed things up in the very beginning, when the tutorial made me do it. And once by accident, which pissed me off. So far I've only used donuts for Bumblebee Man and Squeaky Teen, and a premium item or two with a big XP bonus. Not sure what I want next, but characters definitely seem like the way to go.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Ah-ha! Thanks. I was going nuts trying to figure that out and I kept thinking "Druid holiday"?

But then...what's with the '60s girl-group wigs?

PS--I deleted a bunch of people who hadn't logged in in 6+ months. If anyone wants to add me, it's Fenris9999
Well, the Sunsphere became the Wigsphere (for inventory of the wig shop). Why the 60's girl-group wigs, you'd have to ask the writers.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Was thinking about doing this myself. I read somewhere that in the past someone came to Springfield & offered donuts at a discount, can anyone here confirm that? If it's true I might wait to see if he makes an appearance in the (nearby) future...
Old 09-29-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Was thinking about doing this myself. I read somewhere that in the past someone came to Springfield & offered donuts at a discount, can anyone here confirm that? If it's true I might wait to see if he makes an appearance in the (nearby) future...
Gil came through a few months ago with donut discounts. I'm not sure when, if ever, he'll appear again.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I've only used them to speed things up in the very beginning, when the tutorial made me do it. And once by accident, which pissed me off. So far I've only used donuts for Bumblebee Man and Squeaky Teen, and a premium item or two with a big XP bonus. Not sure what I want next, but characters definitely seem like the way to go.
There's a setting for 'confirm donut spending'. If you haven't' checked that, do it. It's far too easy to click the donut button by accident otherwise.
Quote:
Yes, Gil comes around a few times a year (I've seen him once since I've been playing) and offers a discount. I think it's 25% off. If you're not in any hurry and you're planning on spending a good chunk of money, say, more then $30, it's probably worth waiting for him to show up. Last time he was there he hung out for about a week and was a royal PITA because because he looked like a regular character, but if you clicked on him he had to go through his whole spiel every time.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:11 AM

Thanks guys, I hope this Gil character comes around before next year
Don't mind spending money on a game I enjoy, but donuts are pretty expensive imho, especially considering how many you need to buy some nice stuff. until then, I'm almost up to 60 donuts now, so I'm considering getting squeeky voice teen & an item with a nice bonus or bumblebee man. That should keep me happy for a while
Old 09-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks guys, I hope this Gil character comes around before next year
Don't mind spending money on a game I enjoy, but donuts are pretty expensive imho, especially considering how many you need to buy some nice stuff. until then, I'm almost up to 60 donuts now, so I'm considering getting squeeky voice teen & an item with a nice bonus or bumblebee man. That should keep me happy for a while
Squeeky Voiced Teen was already a good deal but what makes him even better is that he works in KrustyLand as well.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Charter Member

I have won the $200,000 twice more in the last 3 days. That is 3 wins out of ~30 tries, I'd say, perhaps less.

Anyway, the Halloween event begins tomorrow!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I have won the $200,000 twice more in the last 3 days. That is 3 wins out of ~30 tries, I'd say, perhaps less.

Anyway, the Halloween event begins tomorrow!
I just hit it this morning after trying probably 10 or 15 times. I'm kind of disappointed I'd been avoiding the track up until a few days ago.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:27 PM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

I bought Squeaky Voiced Teen a while ago with donuts. I just had a new Mystery Box awarded for consecutive game play. The box gave me a Homer Buddha which gave me another Squeaky Voiced Teen. So I've got the one in Springfield and one stuck in my inventory. Is there anything I can do with the inventory one?
Old 10-01-2013, 03:29 AM

I have the same issue. Squeaky Voice Teen was in Krustyland when I opened the box and now I have two of them. In reading the forums it is a common issue but nothing you can do about it yourself. Just wait patiently for an update to resolve it.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:53 AM

2 squeaky voiced teens? may I say 1st world problems? I wish I had 1 squeaky voiced teen lol
Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 PM

Halloween is here people!
Old 10-01-2013, 01:41 PM

yes just downloaded the update.. loving my springfield right now! yay
Old 10-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Charter Member

I hate it when they start something new with a 24 hour construction item.

I'm not rushing it, so everything(except the cool mood) really starts tomorrow.

It will all end November 7, folks.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I hate it when they start something new with a 24 hour construction item.
I don't have the update yet but I wanted to add on to that. I hate waiting 24 hours to build something just to have it then lock up a handful of your characters for another 24 hours.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

I haven't gotten the update for Android yet. Anyone else?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I haven't gotten the update for Android yet. Anyone else?
I just got it about 2 minutes ago.