Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 07-16-2019, 08:11 AM
Banquet Bear's Avatar
Banquet Bear is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
...AOC accused Pelosi of “explicitly singling out women of colour”. The so-clear-you-could-bet-your-life-on-it implication is that Pelosi is racist.
...why did you choose to misquote AOC?
  #152  
Old 07-16-2019, 08:39 AM
asahi's Avatar
asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 10,675
I concede. Banquet Bear, of New Zealand, is an expert on American politics and history. I yield the floor.
  #153  
Old 07-16-2019, 09:13 AM
E-DUB's Avatar
E-DUB is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacks View Post
It was long dead before that. It's what got him elected. Trump is a symptom of the disease, not the disease itself. Tribalism amplified by millions of voices and bots on social media caused this nightmare.
He is both the symptom and the disease. He is both the flame and the wind which fans it. This whole administration is like binge watching "Breaking Bad". You were OK with him when he strangled Krazy 8 in the basement, right. You were OK with it maybe when he let Jessica Jones (Q's daughter) die, right. You were OK when he told Jesse to kill Gale because, kind of self-defense, right. And now that he's ordered a bunch of killings you want to draw the line? Sorry.
  #154  
Old 07-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 27,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
I concede. Banquet Bear, of New Zealand, is an expert on American politics and history. I yield the floor.
Thank Og. Let’s see if you stick to it, at least for a little while.
  #155  
Old 07-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Unreconstructed Man is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
...why did you choose to misquote AOC?
...AOC said:

“When these comments first started, I kind of thought that she was keeping the progressive flank at more of an arm’s distance in order to protect more moderate members, which I understood,” Ocasio-Cortez told The Washington Post. “But the persistent singling out . . . it got to a point where it was just outright disrespectful . . . the explicit singling out of newly elected women of color.”

Please explain how I “misquoted” her.
  #156  
Old 07-16-2019, 09:30 AM
BobLibDem is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Home 07 NCAA HockeyChamps
Posts: 21,495
This is how the geniuses at the Facebook group Vietnam Veterans for T***p are spinning it:

Quote:
WE ARE SICK IN TIRED OF RACIST CARD ISSUE TO SILENCE US. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
IF THEY ARE UNHAPPY AND DISSATISFIED IN THE U.S.A THEN TIME FOR THEM
TO GO BACK WHATEVER NATIONALITY THEY CAME FROM NO OFFENSE. WE DID NOT
INVITE THEM TO COME TO THE U.S IT IS THEIR OWN FREE WELL
PRESIDENT TRUMP IS RIGHT.
What the everliving fuck? The 4 are Americans, and 3 of the 4 were born in the US. Even the one who wasn't has been a citizen longer than Melania. This it the depth of the racism, bigotry, and stupidity that drives the right. Of COURSE they're going to vote Republican like they always do. The question is, will this drive people in the middle toward them or away from them?
  #157  
Old 07-16-2019, 09:38 AM
Banquet Bear's Avatar
Banquet Bear is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
...AOC said:

“When these comments first started, I kind of thought that she was keeping the progressive flank at more of an arm’s distance in order to protect more moderate members, which I understood,” Ocasio-Cortez told The Washington Post. “But the persistent singling out . . . it got to a point where it was just outright disrespectful . . . the explicit singling out of newly elected women of color.”

Please explain how I “misquoted” her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Man View Post
...AOC accused Pelosi of “explicitly singling out women of colour”. The so-clear-you-could-bet-your-life-on-it implication is that Pelosi is racist.
...I've bolded what you ommitted from your original post.
  #158  
Old 07-16-2019, 09:55 AM
asahi's Avatar
asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 10,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
...I've bolded what you ommitted from your original post.
Right, emphasis on "newly-elected."

"Women of color" had no connotative meaning at all.

Okay.
  #159  
Old 07-16-2019, 09:59 AM
Banquet Bear's Avatar
Banquet Bear is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
Right, emphasis on "newly-elected."

"Women of color" had no connotative meaning at all.

Okay.
...didn't you yield the floor?
  #160  
Old 07-16-2019, 10:04 AM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 27,137
Wow! An hour and 16 minutes; is that a new record?
  #161  
Old 07-16-2019, 10:11 AM
CaptMurdock's Avatar
CaptMurdock is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Evildrome Boozerama
Posts: 2,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Anconia View Post
What exactly have those four accomplished since being elected?
Besides getting rightwing Dopers to defend the Racist-in-Chief?
__________________
____________________________
Coin-operated self-destruct...not one of my better ideas.
-- Planckton (Spongebob Squarepants)
  #162  
Old 07-16-2019, 10:40 AM
k9bfriender is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 11,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bijou Drains View Post
I think Trump essentially got lucky when it turned out that many people don't care about the racist things he says. And for some people it's a positive for him to say that stuff.
I am concerned that chalking it up to luck is underestimating Trump and overestimating his supporters.

He's not smart, we know that. He does not have the capacity to govern a fish tank, much less a country.

But riling up the masses and putting out a populist message, we've already seen him succeed in that, we shouldn't be so complacent to believe that it was just a fluke.
  #163  
Old 07-16-2019, 11:06 AM
Snowboarder Bo's Avatar
Snowboarder Bo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 27,137
Trump: I am boneless.
  #164  
Old 07-16-2019, 11:08 AM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 8,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post
Besides getting rightwing Dopers to defend the Racist-in-Chief?
In terms of what they've accomplished, I know this: It took AOC all of five minutes to elicit testimony from Michael Cohen that congress had a good damn reason to look at Trump's personal finances.
  #165  
Old 07-16-2019, 11:13 AM
Unreconstructed Man is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
...I've bolded what you ommitted from your original post.
...You’re right. What I omitted completely changed the meaning of the accusation. Cortez wasn’t implying that Pelosi was racist. She was implying that she was racist and patronising.
  #166  
Old 07-16-2019, 12:39 PM
Fiveyearlurker is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,613
I find it incredible that the people most opposed to immigrants are the ones who don't live near many. The more immigrants around, the more likely a person is to favor immigration.
  #167  
Old 07-16-2019, 12:44 PM
Vinyl Turnip is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 20,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMurdock View Post
Besides getting rightwing Dopers to defend the Racist-in-Chief?
He's right; that's hardly an accomplishment.
  #168  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:01 PM
Les Wizerables is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 17
It obviously anywhere near the most egregious or hypocritical things about Trump's new "if you don't like it go back where you came from" rhetoric, but it's absurd to hear it from someone whose campaign slogan was "Make America Great Again" in 2016 and will be "Keep America Great" in 2020.

If America wasn't great prior to January 2017, why didn't Trump and his supporters leave? If it will no longer be great if Trump loses in 2020, will they leave then?
  #169  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:03 PM
asahi's Avatar
asahi is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: On your computer screen
Posts: 10,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wizerables View Post
If America wasn't great prior to January 2017, why didn't Trump and his supporters leave? If it will no longer be great if Trump loses in 2020, will they leave then?
So much this ^^^

All I saw on my Fakebook feed from Republishits on election night 2012 was "I'm leavin' the country!"

If only they woulda!
  #170  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:32 PM
Biffster's Avatar
Biffster is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wizerables View Post
It obviously anywhere near the most egregious or hypocritical things about Trump's new "if you don't like it go back where you came from" rhetoric, but it's absurd to hear it from someone whose campaign slogan was "Make America Great Again" in 2016 and will be "Keep America Great" in 2020.

If America wasn't great prior to January 2017, why didn't Trump and his supporters leave? If it will no longer be great if Trump loses in 2020, will they leave then?


Substitute “white” for “great” and the meaning becomes much clearer. Keep America white!
  #171  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:43 PM
D'Anconia is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
In terms of what they've accomplished, I know this: It took AOC all of five minutes to elicit testimony from Michael Cohen that congress had a good damn reason to look at Trump's personal finances.
What legislation (their primary job) have they passed?
  #172  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:46 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 8,714
Hey, that's a cool question!
  #173  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:50 PM
Czarcasm's Avatar
Czarcasm is online now
Charter Member
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 62,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Anconia View Post
What legislation (their primary job) have they passed?
What has that got to do with a racist president and those that support him?
  #174  
Old 07-16-2019, 01:55 PM
Defensive Indifference is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 7,166
Today a reporter asked Kellyanne Conway about the President's racist tweets. She responded by asking the reporter his ethnicity.

In a separate press conference, Mitch McConnell was asked twice if he'd consider ot racist if someone told his immigrant wife to go back where she came from. He ignored the question both times.
  #175  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:22 PM
Bijou Drains is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
Today a reporter asked Kellyanne Conway about the President's racist tweets. She responded by asking the reporter his ethnicity.

In a separate press conference, Mitch McConnell was asked twice if he'd consider ot racist if someone told his immigrant wife to go back where she came from. He ignored the question both times.
That's because McConnell's wife is not from a shithole country like Detroit or the Bronx.
  #176  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:27 PM
aldiboronti is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Troynovant
Posts: 8,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
I find it incredible that the people most opposed to immigrants are the ones who don't live near many. The more immigrants around, the more likely a person is to favor immigration.
I don't think most people are opposed to immigrants, just illegal immigrants. There's a difference.
  #177  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:28 PM
elucidator is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Further
Posts: 60,067
Quote:
That's because McConnell's wife is not from a shithole country like Detroit or the Bronx.
She is a citizen of the country of Rich. They don't have a lot of requirements, just the one.

Last edited by elucidator; 07-16-2019 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Malform follows malfunction
  #178  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:38 PM
Airbeck is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Chicago - South Side
Posts: 2,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Anconia View Post
What legislation (their primary job) have they passed?
Here you go:

https://www.vox.com/2019/5/24/186371...bills-congress

Were you aware that McConnell won't let the Senate vote on any of this and that's why they are telling you that the congress hasn't passed anything?
__________________
"Sometimes I think that the surest sign of intelligent life in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin and Hobbes
  #179  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:39 PM
DrDeth is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: San Jose
Posts: 41,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
Absolutely. "how can Trump get so many votes when he's an obvious and unrepentant racist?"

Because many, many voters are unrepentant racists. (Sorry in advance for insulting any members of this board who feel that this targets them personally. It is not intended as such. And sorry if I am posting too many times for this thread. )
Well, you see the first time he got elected (and hopefully the last and only time), he out and out lied to a bunch of desperate people in the Rust belt. Hillary didn't lie to them. They desperately wanted to believe the lie that their factory jobs were coming back to them. Those people werent racist, they were desperate. And in Nov 2016 trump wasnt such a obvious racist.

Then there's the rich. They arent racists, but they dont care that trump is one as long as he delivers those tax cuts- which he did.
  #180  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:47 PM
Skywatcher's Avatar
Skywatcher is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Somewhere in the Potomac
Posts: 34,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
And in Nov 2016 trump wasnt such a obvious racist.
Not to those away from the East Coast, no. The conservative owner of a predominately black Midwestern newspaper endorsed Trump, believing Trump couldn't be as bad as people were claiming. Only to realize that Trump is actually worse.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 07-16-2019 at 02:47 PM.
  #181  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:48 PM
Fiveyearlurker is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldiboronti View Post
I don't think most people are opposed to immigrants, just illegal immigrants. There's a difference.


The four women who are the topic of this conversation who were told to go back to their countries are all legal. Three aren’t even immigrants. Seems like you are mistaken.
  #182  
Old 07-16-2019, 02:53 PM
ElvisL1ves is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: The land of the mouse
Posts: 50,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
And in Nov 2016 trump wasnt such a obvious racist.
True, we were much more aware of his misogyny (both general and specific) and his mocking of the disabled than of his racism, although that was hardly a secret (the Mexico-paid wall and the Muslim ban were campaign promises, remember?).

Does that excuse anything?
  #183  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:01 PM
Ravenman is online now
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 26,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Anconia View Post
What legislation (their primary job) have they passed?
They got the 9/11 first responders bill passed, way faster than McConnell could.
  #184  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Happy Lendervedder's Avatar
Happy Lendervedder is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,122
Donald Trump: I don't have a racist bone in my body.
Milo Yiannopoulos: Would you like one?

Last edited by Happy Lendervedder; 07-16-2019 at 03:33 PM.
  #185  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:44 PM
TimfromNapa is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
How is this going to polarize the Democrats? Are some Democrats going to say "you know, Trump has a point. These bad women SHOULD go back!"
Really. If anything, Trump is inadvertently helping to close the divide among Democrats that opened up last week when Pelosi admonished the newbies. If he was really playing strategically, I think he would be better off either giving Pelosi some backhanded praise for slamming the commies or praising the newbies for standing up to the old lady.
  #186  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:48 PM
JKellyMap's Avatar
JKellyMap is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDeth View Post
And in Nov 2016 trump wasnt such a obvious racist.
What? WHAT???! He launched his modern political career by serving as the poster child for “birtherism,” as blatantly racist as it’s possible to be!!!

This week has simply been coming full circle to his white nationalist core.
  #187  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:49 PM
QuickSilver is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 18,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimfromNapa View Post
Really. If anything, Trump is inadvertently helping to close the divide among Democrats that opened up last week when Pelosi admonished the newbies. If he was really playing strategically, I think he would be better off either giving Pelosi some backhanded praise for slamming the commies or praising the newbies for standing up to the old lady.
Here, let me fix the spelling for you:

"If he was really playing with a full deck..."
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #188  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:53 PM
That Don Guy's Avatar
That Don Guy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,604
Meanwhile, over in the House, debate on a resolution condemning Trump for his "racist remarks" has been put on hold for something like two hours while they discuss whether or not Pelosi violated the rules of the House when, when speaking in favor of the resolution, she called the remarks "racist." Note that she didn't call Trump a racist (nor does the resolution) - just the remarks.
  #189  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:55 PM
QuickSilver is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 18,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKellyMap View Post
What? WHAT???! He launched his modern political career by serving as the poster child for “birtherism,” as blatantly racist as it’s possible to be!!!

This week has simply been coming full circle to his white nationalist core.
Yep. In 1973 he was found guilty of discrimination against black people trying to rent his apartments. He's old school OR (Original Racist).
__________________
St. QuickSilver: Patron Saint of Thermometers.
  #190  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:56 PM
JKellyMap's Avatar
JKellyMap is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,527
Out of curiosity, what House rule might this refer to?

(Sounds rather like the SDMB — “attack the post, not the poster”?)
  #191  
Old 07-16-2019, 03:57 PM
JKellyMap's Avatar
JKellyMap is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Yep. In 1973 he was found guilty of discrimination against black people trying to rent his apartments. He's old school OR (Original Racist).
With the Central Park Five debacle in between.
  #192  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:13 PM
Fiveyearlurker is online now
Guest
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
Meanwhile, over in the House, debate on a resolution condemning Trump for his "racist remarks" has been put on hold for something like two hours while they discuss whether or not Pelosi violated the rules of the House when, when speaking in favor of the resolution, she called the remarks "racist." Note that she didn't call Trump a racist (nor does the resolution) - just the remarks.
If you need any evidence that institutional racism still exists in this country, the fact that racists are not allowed to be called "racist" in Congress should provide that for you.
  #193  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:19 PM
Skywatcher's Avatar
Skywatcher is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Somewhere in the Potomac
Posts: 34,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKellyMap View Post
What? WHAT???! He launched his modern political career by serving as the poster child for “birtherism,” as blatantly racist as it’s possible to be!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Yep. In 1973 he was found guilty of discrimination against black people trying to rent his apartments. He's old school OR (Original Racist).
See post 180.

It was easy to have conservatives not really paying attention and think "he couldn't possibly be all that bad".

Last edited by Skywatcher; 07-16-2019 at 04:22 PM.
  #194  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:30 PM
ThelmaLou's Avatar
ThelmaLou is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 16,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
Meanwhile, over in the House, debate on a resolution condemning Trump for his "racist remarks" has been put on hold for something like two hours while they discuss whether or not Pelosi violated the rules of the House when, when speaking in favor of the resolution, she called the remarks "racist." Note that she didn't call Trump a racist (nor does the resolution) - just the remarks.
Like I said elsewhere:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
...I fear the Dems will chew themselves up with infighting and hand thump the 2020 election.
__________________
"If we're not supposed to dance, why all this music?" Gregory Orr
  #195  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:44 PM
Defensive Indifference is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 7,166
I've noticed some news outlets finally giving up the euphemisms and calling Trump's remarks "racist". NPR did so in a tweet and in the most recent hourly news roundup I heard, and the St. Louis Post Dispatch did today as well. I'm glad some news operations are done with "racially charged" and other similar nonsense. I hope more follow suit soon.

Last edited by Defensive Indifference; 07-16-2019 at 04:45 PM.
  #196  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:46 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 8,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
Meanwhile, over in the House, debate on a resolution condemning Trump for his "racist remarks" has been put on hold for something like two hours while they discuss whether or not Pelosi violated the rules of the House when, when speaking in favor of the resolution, she called the remarks "racist." Note that she didn't call Trump a racist (nor does the resolution) - just the remarks.
Cool to say racist shit, uncool to call it racist.
That's fucked up. That's really fucked up.
  #197  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:47 PM
That Don Guy's Avatar
That Don Guy is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKellyMap View Post
Out of curiosity, what House rule might this refer to?

(Sounds rather like the SDMB — “attack the post, not the poster”?)
Rule XVII.1(b) says, "Remarks in debate (which may include references to the Senate or its Members) shall be confined to the question under debate, avoiding personality." Apparently, the acting Speaker cited a similar situation against Speaker Tip O'Neill in 1984 in sanctioning the comment.

Note that the House then voted to keep Pelosi's comment in the record.

If you ask me, the comment should stand - she didn't call Trump racist; she just said that he made "racist remarks." Yes, there's a difference.
  #198  
Old 07-16-2019, 04:58 PM
betonbill is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 44
You'll notice that the people who said that Trump's remarks were not racist were all white and a lot of them were from the South. When asked, any person of color or recent immigrant emphatically states the remark was racist. Hell, even the Mooch said that the remark was racist and completely reprehensible.
  #199  
Old 07-16-2019, 05:02 PM
Defensive Indifference is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 7,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensive Indifference View Post
I've noticed some news outlets finally giving up the euphemisms and calling Trump's remarks "racist". NPR did so in a tweet and in the most recent hourly news roundup I heard, and the St. Louis Post Dispatch did today as well. I'm glad some news operations are done with "racially charged" and other similar nonsense. I hope more follow suit soon.
AP is also calling the tweets racist.

Now if they can all just start calling the President racist, we'll be getting somewhere.
  #200  
Old 07-16-2019, 05:13 PM
bobot's Avatar
bobot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 8,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by betonbill View Post
You'll notice that the people who said that Trump's remarks were not racist were all white and a lot of them were from the South. ...
Oh, and Republican. Can't forget that part. Even those Repubs who didn't like it (Mitt) just couldn't bring themselves to speak the truth.
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: cecil@straightdope.com

Send comments about this website to: webmaster@straightdope.com

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

 
Copyright © 2017