Old 07-01-2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okrahoma View Post
See, it's so much fun to see idiots like you grabbing at straws in your hatred of Trump. Seriously, how many times have you read stories that insisted that THIS time it's the end of Trump. Indictments are coming. Just wait 24 business hours. He is doomed!!!11!!!

Hilarious. This story will die just like a few dozen stories before it. But as I said, it is good that the media keeps feeding you guys this crap. It keeps your little brains busy instead of getting some weird ideas like James Hodgkinson.
Why did you quote me in the above post? I've made no claims whatever regarding Trump's future. You certainly seem to have a hard time comprehending junior high-level English, don't you?

Actually, if it wasn't for the whole "policies that seem bound and determined to result in vast numbers of innocents dead and/or in poverty" thing, I'd be perfectly fine with President Tangletongue in power for the full two terms. For low comedy, he's the gift that never stops giving.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 07-01-2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
You still think I'm a leftist. How amusing (sad) is that, Teeming Millions?
You don't fellate the big Cheeto on a regular basis. That makes you a leftist to ol' whistling ears.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:06 AM
Elephant Whisperer

I still say you're just letting the banned handsomeharry play you guys like a violin.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:18 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siam Sam View Post
I still say you're just letting the banned handsomeharry play you guys like a violin.
Dang, that's got to be who/what it is.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywatcher View Post
You don't fellate the big Cheeto on a regular basis.
This little baby can detect trace amounts of Cheetos dust.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okrahoma View Post
Ah the hatred from leftists I wear it as a badge of honor.
Right next to the note pinned to your shirt that says, "If found wandering alone and confused, please contact....".
Old 07-02-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
Right next to the note pinned to your shirt that says, "If found wandering alone and confused, please contact....".
"... no one, we don't want him back."
Old 07-02-2017, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Presumably it has somebody else's address, and works like one of the standard responses to crackpot letters described by Arthur C. Clarke in one of his essays ("I admit that I am not qualified to comment on your scientific discovery. I suggest you contact Dr. Isaac Asimov, whose address is....")
Old 07-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Less than seven months into Traitor Trump's "accomplishments." Look at his rapid descent into excessive juvenileness with his tweets, and the descent is only gaining speed, as witnessed by his tweets of the past week including the video this mornig. The record disapproval ratings this soon into his presidency. And there are people who thinks this shitbag could be reelected? That he could magically somehow turn himself around -- which he shows no signs of being interested in doing -- and make a success of his presidency? No way.

Has Traitor Trump made any statement about the Arkansas shooting yet, or has he been too busy making childish videos for his Twitter feed.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:05 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Less than seven months into Traitor Trump's "accomplishments." Look at his rapid descent into excessive juvenileness with his tweets, and the descent is only gaining speed, as witnessed by his tweets of the past week including the video this mornig. The record disapproval ratings this soon into his presidency. And there are people who thinks this shitbag could be reelected? That he could magically somehow turn himself around -- which he shows no signs of being interested in doing -- and make a success of his presidency? No way.

Has Traitor Trump made any statement about the Arkansas shooting yet, or has he been too busy making childish videos for his Twitter feed.
Golf and rallies.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:07 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Just now saw that Traitor Trump veered off of honoring veterans at an event last night to take still more jabs at the press. He's just a whiny little baby who is shocked the press is not throwing roses and kisses at him.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." -- Harry Truman <---(great President)
Old 07-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Just now saw that Traitor Trump veered off of honoring veterans at an event last night to take still more jabs at the press. He's just a whiny little baby who is shocked the press is not throwing roses and kisses at him.

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." -- Harry Truman <---(great President)
His closing words to the press were: "I'm President, you're not." I guess he was channeling Chevy Chase in the old SNL.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
His closing words to the press were: "I'm President, you're not." I guess he was channeling Chevy Chase in the old SNL.
Did he trip and fall down the stairs?
Old 07-02-2017, 02:24 PM
Elephant Whisperer

We can only hope!
Old 07-02-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Pig View Post
'I'm president and they're not'. Trump slams media in speech honoring veterans. ...
I foresee a coming revision to the First Amendment:

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances, but the press shall recall that He is the president and they are not.
The joint resolution Congress will approve and send to the states will append a Nyaah Nyaah Nyaah, but when fourteen states make clear they won't ratify as-is, it will come back and go through the process again with the Nyaah Nyaah Nyaah excised.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:27 PM

One of the Department of Justice's chief prosecutors for enforcing corporate crime has resigned, claiming she can't enforce corruption laws while working for a corrupt administration.
http://www.ibtimes.com/political-cap...trump-makes-it
Old 07-02-2017, 11:43 PM

Trump plans to end subsidies for heating fuel for poor people, claiming that utilities won't cut off their heat in the winter.
http://www.wcvb.com/article/trump-pr...icans/10251853
Old 07-02-2017, 11:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Trump plans to end subsidies for heating fuel for poor people, claiming that utilities won't cut off their heat in the winter.
When they freeze to death (or perhaps they can be euthanised), their bodies can be burned to provide heat for the better off. Has Dolt 45 suggested that yet?
Old 07-03-2017, 01:01 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
"Health and Human Services Secretary Thomas Price, who contends the LIHEAP program ( Low-Income Energy Assistance Program) doesn't demonstrate 'strong performance outcomes,' said difficult decisions are necessary to streamline the government to focus on the administration's goals of defense and public safety".

Huh?

Sick Fuck.

Last edited by Little_Pig; 07-03-2017 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:29 AM

Cosmic Shitstain Scott "Um, this......peer review, thing" Pruitt wants to get a little healthy red team/blue team competitiveness going in the WH.
Quote:
His latest move would challenge scientific consensus on climate change through a “red team-blue team” exercise designed for crafting defense and intelligence strategies.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:41 PM

Loser Trump loses again. Scott "I Never Met A River I Didn't Want To Light On Fire" Pruitt wanted to delay an EPA rule on methane and drilling using the excuse that the "stakeholders" weren't allowed to comment on the regulation despite, as the court points out, "the administrative record thus makes clear that industry groups had ample opportunity to comment on all four issues on which EPA granted reconsideration, and indeed, that in several instances the agency incorporated those comments directly into the final rule."

The EPA is considering its options, they say. What options? Stick your fingers in your ears and pretend the court ruling doesn't exist? It'll probably be something shitty like putting up a few radon detectors on a few pipeline couplings and calling it good.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:17 PM

Last night on TV news, I saw one of Trump's flacks trying to defend the asinine tweets, especially the infamous CNN takedown one. Watching the defense of the cretin was more painful than actually watching the cretin.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:30 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...51e7070e22.jpg
Old 07-04-2017, 02:17 AM
Elephant Whisperer

Someone, I think Jeffrey Lord, was trying to compare Trump's use of Twitter with FDR's use of radio. Use of new technology to reach the masses and all that. Really pathetic.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:00 AM

Twitter is new technology? I guess some people consider 2006 to be recent.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:30 AM

I'd say that's a fair comparison. However, FDR didn't get on the radio and make fart noises and personally attack people who disagreed with him.

So, a president making use of new(ish) technology to reach and calm the masses = good thing. A president making use of new(ish) technology to reach and rile up the masses, with a dose of "embarrass" and a pinch of "endanger" = a horrible, horrible thing.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
Last night on TV news, I saw one of Trump's flacks trying to defend the asinine tweets, especially the infamous CNN takedown one. Watching the defense of the cretin was more painful than actually watching the cretin.
It's been like this for a year now. The Yam says something stupid, and the Yam supporters all tall us what it means. The covfefe definition got Spicer laughed at by the press corps, and thereafter, Spicer got a new "off camera" assignment. Same happened to Kellyanne. The Yam's cronies have to try and make sense of his rambling incoherent Twitter rants and then they lose their heads if they get it wrong, which is inevitable because his rants have little or no meaning.

Being the Yam's spokesman is a death sentence.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
Being the Yam's spokesman is a death sentence.
And yet, not a single one of the lying bottom feeders has developed the spine and self-respect to quit.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
And yet, not a single one of the lying bottom feeders has developed the spine and self-respect to quit.
Their collecting stories to really cash in on the screenplay.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Well, I'd take 200g a year to park on Trump's oval office couch in a miniskirt and act like a dipshit, time has come and gone, blonde. Why quit, you can handle that for 4 years.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
I'd say that's a fair comparison. However, FDR didn't get on the radio and make fart noises and personally attack people who disagreed with him.

So, a president making use of new(ish) technology to reach and calm the masses = good thing. A president making use of new(ish) technology to reach and rile up the masses, with a dose of "embarrass" and a pinch of "endanger" = a horrible, horrible thing.
Yes, that's what makes Lord's comparison so pathetic. FDR used radio to inspire and assure. Apples and oranges. Comparing Trump and FDR really is like comparing Hitler and George Washington -- both pairs united people behind them, but look at the lowlifes behind one of those in each pair. (Hint: It's not FDR and Washington.)

Last edited by Siam Sam; 07-04-2017 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:12 PM
Charter Jays Fan

Quote:
Yes, that's what makes Lord's comparison so pathetic. FDR used radio to inspire and assure. Apples and oranges. Comparing Trump and FDR really is like comparing Hitler and George Washington -- both pairs united people behind them, but look at the lowlifes behind one of those in each pair. (Hint: It's not FDR and Washington.)
Charles Manson had followers, too, and he didn't even own a smartphone.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
Well, I'd take 200g a year to park on Trump's oval office couch in a miniskirt and act like a dipshit, time has come and gone, blonde. Why quit, you can handle that for 4 years.
Not me. My self-respect doesn't have a $$ price on it.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Charles Manson had followers, too, and he didn't even own a smartphone.
Charles Manson called and he said: "Jabba-jabba-jooba-jooba-jabba-jabba-jeebe. How dare you use me in a comparison to Donald Trump? Jeebe-jeebe-jabba-jeebee-jeebe!"
Old 07-04-2017, 03:38 PM
BANNED

HA HA! 44 States have now refused Trump Commission's demand for personal info on voters.

Once again, Trump and his lackeys piss all over themselves.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:44 PM

A very distinguished Fuck You to that fraud Trump and his voter commission.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Pig View Post
HA HA! 44 States have now refused Trump Commission's demand for personal info on voters.

Once again, Trump and his lackeys piss all over themselves.
Including the Secretary of State of Maine, who's on the commission.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
Charles Manson called and he said: "Jabba-jabba-jooba-jooba-jabba-jabba-jeebe. How dare you use me in a comparison to Donald Trump? Jeebe-jeebe-jabba-jeebee-jeebe!"
Indeed, an apology to Charles Manson is in order.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Silver Alert* in the making.

Note: The video in the article did not play for me in Safari, but did in Firefox.

*Silver Alert: A public notification system in the U.S. to broadcast information about senior citizens with Alzheimer's disease, dementia or other mental disabilities, in order to aid in locating them. [Paraphrased from Wikipedia]
Old 07-04-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny L.A. View Post
Silver Alert* in the making.

Note: The video in the article did not play for me in Safari, but did in Firefox.

*Silver Alert: A public notification system in the U.S. to broadcast information about senior citizens with Alzheimer's disease, dementia or other mental disabilities, in order to aid in locating them. [Paraphrased from Wikipedia]
Aw, c'mon. Those Presidential limos all look pretty much the same.
Old 07-04-2017, 07:47 PM

"Presidenting is hard! I'm going to make a break for it and see if they notice..."
Old 07-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raventhief View Post
"Presidenting is hard! I'm going to make a break for it and see if they notice..."
Too bad they brought him back. I'm curious how far he would have gone.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:00 PM

...this is Nikki Haley, the US Ambassador to the United Nations, speaking on behalf of the people of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Haley
Spending my 4th in meetings all day. #ThanksNorthKorea
https://twitter.com/nikkihaley/statu...44158232539138

What the fuck have you done America? The morons are running your fucking country. Nikki Haley isn't a patriot. She is spitting in the face of all the men and women in your country who are serving in your military, the few that are left in the State Department, the people who are trying to hold it all together. It isn't just Trump. This is a collection of the worst people in the world. Lazy, incompetent, indifferent, intellectually dishonest, liars. She's treating an international dispute that could result in the loss of thousands of lives as a minor inconvenience. She doesn't get a fucking holiday. Boo fucking hoo. America: sort your shit out before you get the rest of us killed.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Charter Member

The military has spent every July 4th since 1953 at the DMZ. And the other days as well. F you, Nikki.
Old 07-04-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banquet Bear View Post
...this is Nikki Haley, the US Ambassador to the United Nations, speaking on behalf of the people of America.
Too bad; after a few of her earlier statements that seemed like she was actually working for the American people rather than kissing Trump's ass, I had hopes for her. But it seems she's that guy in the office who does as little as possible, but cc's everybody whenever he does that little bit, to make sure everybody knows how hard he's working.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
The military has spent every July 4th since 1953 at the DMZ. And the other days as well. F you, Nikki.
There's a long list of people who had to work today, and didn't whine about it on Twitter.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:09 AM

...I just watched this Obama video from 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsSFbc4X0g

"The American people are pretty sensible. And I think they will make a sensible choice in the end."

Its disturbing to watch Obama methodically dissect the Republican candidates, making the point that while Trump was the loudest, the rest were just as bad. He explained the consequences of electing a person like Trump. He talked about the burdens of the office of the presidency. And he expressed faith that the people of the United States would make the right decisions at the polling booth.

Its so goddamn depressing to watch.
Old 07-05-2017, 02:21 AM

Quote:
And the only reason she's in that job (or any administration job) is that the Lieutenant Governor of South Carolina was a very early Trump-backer, and giving her a job gave him a big promotion.

So she's in a job that she's not known (AFAIK) to have wanted, in a job where she wasn't (AFAIK) really wanted, because it would give even better spoils to some random Trump dude in her state.

Last edited by Lord Feldon; 07-05-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
My daughter's fiance got called out of bed and had to be "battle ready". He just got to South Korea last week.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:19 AM

Quote:
...I just watched this Obama video from 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAsSFbc4X0g

"The American people are pretty sensible. And I think they will make a sensible choice in the end."

Its disturbing to watch Obama methodically dissect the Republican candidates, making the point that while Trump was the loudest, the rest were just as bad. He explained the consequences of electing a person like Trump. He talked about the burdens of the office of the presidency. And he expressed faith that the people of the United States would make the right decisions at the polling booth.

Its so goddamn depressing to watch.
Well, the people did make the right choice, if you just count popular vote.