Old 08-09-2014, 09:19 PM

I think my bonus is 54%. The only think I can think of that I have spent donuts on that gives a multiplier is the UFO/ray gun combo from halloween. Everything else was won free through the game (Easter shit, white fences in my mystery boxes, etc).
Old 08-11-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post
My corn and second Spuckler are due this week!
Yesterday Cletus and Brandine welcomed baby Birthday into the brood.
Brandine immediately announced that she's preggers again.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:28 PM

My corn came up today. I was going to defriend anyone who tapped on it besides me

I am going to wait until Brandine's ready to be knocked up again before I start corn again so they come on the same day.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

The latest Gil deal is Otto+bus and some playground equipment for 70. The Otto+bus combo is usually 120, so that's a 50 donut savings even without the equipment (I had the other items but not the tether ball, which gives a 0.5% bonus).
Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 PM

...bump for the new update! GRUNT! GRUNT! GRUNT!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:40 AM

Man this looks like a bit of an odd one. It's a riff on Clash of the Clans, evidently. We'll get to destroy each other's buildings now for jars of goop or something.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:35 AM

You know, there are so many classic Simpsons moments they can tap for content, yet they'd rather go for mediocre meta humor on something topical. Man, do I ever hate EA.

I did kinda like the Bender reference, though. KINDA.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:00 PM

I imagine it might have some references in it that I'll miss, since I don't know anything about Clash of the Clans beyond the omnipresent commercials.

Still, I'm ready for any sorta "quest" now, it's been too long.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:06 PM

I'm fairly confused, but I like it and I know I'll get the hang of it.

I do like the meta jokes, which I won't spoil for those of you who are just starting it. I'm not that far in, but I know some people are still waiting on building their castles.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:49 AM

Ok so apparently once you use some of your nerds in an attack they're used up and you don't get them back? If someone I attacks fights off my attack I don't get any rewards or I just don't get as much?
I'm for this update. the game is pure collectville with no real interaction. So this is nice to see and I hope they do more things like this in the future.

If you are below level 20 and don't have a Krustyland yet, you still keep the tickets you aquired from friends parks when you were below 20, right? I'm 15 now, have been collecting tickets from 60 friends every day and I'd hate to find out that the tickets I've collected don't count because I was below 20 or something.

Looking at other people's level 43 towns and parks, how long does it take (roughly) to get that high? 6 months? A year? more? The amount of stuff you get by level 43 is pretty impressive but the limited interaction has me wondering how long I can sustain it. I've played games like this before and I tend to go maybe 3-4 months at most before it starts to feel too much like work.

I liked the Family Guy game better, it seemed more interesting, had better animations, and I liked the costumes and other things you could work towards. But I couldn't get the damn game to work on my pod so it's deleted.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypso View Post
Looking at other people's level 43 towns and parks, how long does it take (roughly) to get that high? 6 months? A year? more? The amount of stuff you get by level 43 is pretty impressive but the limited interaction has me wondering how long I can sustain it. I've played games like this before and I tend to go maybe 3-4 months at most before it starts to feel too much like work..
I caught up to the game about last Christmas, so it took me about nine months - though I could have gone faster with donuts of course. I don't play nearly as much if there isn't an update event going on, because there is only so much to do. For example, I had about $5 million before I just bought a bunch of land for castles, so it is nice that I can buy anything new that pops up, but I have little incentive to grind for an extra $5,000 a day for example. I have bought a few of the multimillion dollar buildings, but since they don't do anything, I only do so when I literally have more money than I know what to do with.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:12 PM

Who am I attacking with the button in the upper righthand corner. It just says 'invader'. Is it a player, just not one of my friends?
Old 08-21-2014, 12:23 PM

That's what it appears to be. I thought it was taking me to a friend's Springfield but I didn't recognize the town at all. I assume it's random or something, but it does add an interesting aspect to the quest.

What seems odd to me if I'm seeing this right is that saving your building from being razed is 40 jars of goo but rebuilding is 100. Is that right? It would seem like you would get more from saving it.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:44 PM
Charter Member

It looks like when you're visiting your friends, the higher their defense level, the fewer elixers you get for successfully attacking. It might be advantageous as a group to say we're going to only put 1 nerd on each building to allow the player plenty of time to collect for defending and hope for reciprocation.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Just Lovely and Delicious
Charter Member

I'm down with that, as a group. Pretty sure 100% of my friends are from this thread.

8 hours isn't too bad a wait, either. And you can then use 10 nerds on 10 buildings.

I'm still totally confused, tho. But I am gonna work it!
Old 08-21-2014, 02:21 PM

My raiders are finishing far faster than any timer that was set, so I assume that means the building was successfully defended.

I'll go with one raider per building and using them on friend's buildings rather than random springfields unless and until someone figures out a better strategy.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:15 PM

When attacking a friend, a defended attack gets the defender an extra 10 elixer and 5 gold, but the attacker gets 13 less elixer and 7 less gold, so theoretically from a cooperative standpoint, we should attack each other and no one defend. There are a ton of flaws to this, so I'd say just play the game (If you don't defend, you'll quickly run out of buildings for attackers to attack, you don't get free dice, and you have to not defend non-reciprocating strangers since you don't know if the attack came from one of us for a stranger)

My strategy is: Other Springfield doesn't defend, so always attack them, and always with 1 nerd per building. Random towns (compared to friend towns) give you an extra 40 g for castles and 17 for houses on a win (and extra elixer), but same on a loss, so if you are spending extra nerds to speed it up, do it in a random town, but if you are just spending 1, may as well give some gold/elixer to a friend by attacking them. On houses, anything more than 5 nerds per is a waste, but castles are almost always worth extra nerds ( assuming you succeed, and assuming the extra nerds are the difference between success and failure, both of which are big ifs)

The ideal strategy is everyone attacks random with 1 nerd, and no one defends, but that is pretty unworkable

Last edited by Taber; 08-21-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:35 PM

Reminder the FXX marathon started today and runs till sept 1.

Also, 15 free donuts today in TSTO.

You have a limit to how many nerds you can have at a time, so don't forget to use them before you reach the limit (50?)

I only use my dice when attacking a random town's castle, as that maximizes my return.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

I like the update and am again impressed how some folks get ahead. Some folks have 11,000+ gold and I only have 1,500. I'm playing pretty often and using all my nerds, upgrading the castles, and completing quests.

Still, it's a very long event and I think I can get everything.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:08 AM

Ok, is there a trick to using the Cheater 20 to defend your town? I've tried 3 times but the task is still In my task bar. Help!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:47 PM

Tap the cheater 20, then tap anywhere in the town. It will auto-tap your buildings under attack.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lurk View Post
Ok, is there a trick to using the Cheater 20 to defend your town? I've tried 3 times but the task is still In my task bar. Help!
Nope, it's a glitch.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOIDALIZE View Post
Tap the cheater 20, then tap anywhere in the town. It will auto-tap your buildings under attack.
I've wasted at least 5 Cheater 20s trying to clear out that stupid task. It is a known glitch for some folks. I contacted EA support, haven't heard back yet. I hope they will credit me back some Cheaters (and maybe some donuts for my trouble).
Old 08-25-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver View Post
I've wasted at least 5 Cheater 20s trying to clear out that stupid task. It is a known glitch for some folks. I contacted EA support, haven't heard back yet. I hope they will credit me back some Cheaters (and maybe some donuts for my trouble).
Have you heard back from EA yet? And where do you go to report stuff like this anyway?
Old 08-25-2014, 09:08 PM

FYI, as you collect your gold, one of the prizes is a truckload of elixir. It's not working for everyone, so as you get close to the right number of gold pieces, check your elixir numbers often and if you don't get 4000 elixir when given the prize pop up, contact EA.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:22 PM
Charter Member

Help me with strategy. Should I be spreading my nerds among as many attacks as possible, in hopes that some succeed? Or concentrating them to try cut down the time as much as possible? Should I attack castles for the higher return, or avoid them because they're more likely to be defended?
Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lurk View Post
Have you heard back from EA yet? And where do you go to report stuff like this anyway?
I went to the EA support site and opened an online chat. I got a followup email today acknowledging that many people are having this probably and they are trying to fix it but no estimate on a time frame. They gave me 10 donuts as a consolation.
Apparently the issue arises for folks who randomly got a Cheater 20 and used it before the quest was activated.

Quote:
FYI, as you collect your gold, one of the prizes is a truckload of elixir. It's not working for everyone, so as you get close to the right number of gold pieces, check your elixir numbers often and if you don't get 4000 elixir when given the prize pop up, contact EA.
I can't even figure out where to find the prize list in game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tildrum View Post
Help me with strategy. Should I be spreading my nerds among as many attacks as possible, in hopes that some succeed? Or concentrating them to try cut down the time as much as possible? Should I attack castles for the higher return, or avoid them because they're more likely to be defended?
I put one nerd on as many castles and/or houses as possible. I figure that the length of time for most buildings is long enough that any reasonably active player is going to defend a majority unless I max out nerds which doesn't seem like a good use of resources.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCDiver
I can't even figure out where to find the prize list in game!
Ditto for me; I saw it when it first automatically appeared, but can't find the right menus/buttons to recall it.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tildrum View Post
I have no idea if this is a good strategy or not, but I've been going to all my friends and attacking their stuff with 1 nerd each, 5 times per friend, until I run out of nerds. Some times I run out of friends (I get 35 nerds every 2 hours) so then I go blow them all on Other Springfield. And then the random/unknown invaders.

Just trying to spread the wealth.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:42 PM

The way I got to 15000 gold (so far) is to play often and to attack random towns. I put one nerd down for (A) attackable castles or (B) any available building in towns that have castles/buildings that are destroyed/almost destroyed (which makes it more likely that they are infrequent players). I'm starting to spread the wealth by attacking friends since it's taking a long time to use all my nerds.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipperJJ View Post
I have no idea if this is a good strategy or not, but I've been going to all my friends and attacking their stuff with 1 nerd each, 5 times per friend, until I run out of nerds. Some times I run out of friends (I get 35 nerds every 2 hours) so then I go blow them all on Other Springfield. And then the random/unknown invaders.

Just trying to spread the wealth.
You get more elixir and gold for attacking random towns than friend towns.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:25 PM

To view prizes, click on your castle tower next to your bart/milhouse friends down on your bottom right of screen.

Then click the goblet in the middle of the three icons on the bottom right of screen.

I SHOULD be getting a balloon tonight.

The latest problem is that payout when someone defends your attacks, you now get less elixir (and maybe gold too). It's less than half what it was yesterday. Not known yet if it's a bug or feature.

My strategy is when it's not time for regular visits to drop one nerd per random town, more if it looks like the town is deserted. Then I visit my friends and do one nerd per town (five in Other Springfield because those don't get cleared). So I'm throwing nerds around all day, but you can only have so many at a time. And if you get pressed for time, you can chuck a whole bunch of them just at one town instead of going to a million of them.

It's a grind.

However, it's a really long event and unless they introduce new prizes, people should be able to finish it reasonably
Old 08-27-2014, 08:46 AM

After almost a week of constant crashing, I was finally able to get in last night and really start this event. I think I am going to like it. I haven't quite figured out the finer points yet, but I think there is lots of time for that.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:06 AM

My basic strategy is like most others:

dump 5 nerds (one nerd each) on castles / houses in all friends throughout the day.

Nuke at least one random castle with a cheater 20 (I wouldn't do that to my friends!) every day for the big payout.

I do like the way that when the town you are in doesn't have an available castle, the first house it tries to "center" on to attack usually belongs to Flanders. <Stupid Flanders>

Last edited by Labtrash; 08-27-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity
To view prizes, click on your castle tower next to your bart/milhouse friends down on your bottom right of screen.

Then click the goblet in the middle of the three icons on the bottom right of screen.
Are you on Android? On iOS, my three icons are on the upper-left, and clicking on the goblet (or any of the three) does nothing.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
My corn came up today. I was going to defriend anyone who tapped on it besides me
Why? What don't you get if someone else taps it first?

Is there some sort of protocol concerning what shouldn't be tapped a friend's city? For example, occasionally I can click on someone else's lemon tree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtrash View Post
My basic strategy is like most others:

dump 5 nerds (one nerd each) on castles / houses in all friends throughout the day.
Any particular reason to attack friends rather than random cities (or Other Springfield, for that matter)? Don't the random cities pay out more?

Last edited by That Don Guy; 08-27-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

In-game update fixes the dice quest glitch.

Also, it make a little menu button to see all the prizes you can win. However, it looks like they reduced the elixir prize from 4,000 to 1,000.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:58 PM

Whoa... I definitely never received a 20 pack of cheaters. Was that part of the glitch?
Old 08-27-2014, 08:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly View Post
Whoa... I definitely never received a 20 pack of cheaters. Was that part of the glitch?
It's a pack of "20 cheaters", which are 20 sided-dice that are poorly named.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
Why? What don't you get if someone else taps it first?

Is there some sort of protocol concerning what shouldn't be tapped a friend's city? For example, occasionally I can click on someone else's lemon tree.

Any particular reason to attack friends rather than random cities (or Other Springfield, for that matter)? Don't the random cities pay out more?
I wanted to tap my corn. I'd get the money, but if it took three of my months to grow, I wanted to tap the picture myself. Principle, not based on game strategy.

Other than that, I don't care what people tap on in my town. I think the general preference is not to tap on things that have to be reset (farm, tv and radio stations, stage). Some people hate graffiti. But my friends can tap anything (other than corn).

Attacking friends is just a way to be neighborly. Plus if you're visiting friends anyway for cash, xp, and donuts, it's not that much more work to attack.

So I'm on iOS and my stuff is on the bottom. I thought all of our games looked the same. It's the same when I play on my kindle too.

The elixir bundle prize might have been "fixed" in today's update. I guess it was supposed to be 1000 all along, which some people did get. It might be working now.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Because I'd rather let the gold and elixir gained by defending against my attacks go to friends, not random players.

...And I forgot to mention that I do attack the Other Springfield.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:54 PM

Anybody else have the "Wizard Marge glitch" (where it says that Wizard Marge is now in your inventory (and she is), and one of your tasks is "Upgrade Wizard Marge", but none of the castles have Wizard Marge (or her Upgrade button) in them, and you can't switch from regular Marge to Wizard Marge to assign her a task)?

And am I remembering things wrong, or is there another glitch where you are not being deducted the cost of upgrading characters? Maybe I shouldn't have said that one out loud...
Old 08-31-2014, 09:10 PM
Your Ad Here
Charter Member

I'm not really liking this update, but on the plus side there's nothing I want in the prize tree either. So I'll just play it without any extra effort.

Also, I'm trying to let friends win their attacks. I don't always succeed, but I'm trying.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Anybody else have the "Wizard Marge glitch" (where it says that Wizard Marge is now in your inventory (and she is), and one of your tasks is "Upgrade Wizard Marge", but none of the castles have Wizard Marge (or her Upgrade button) in them, and you can't switch from regular Marge to Wizard Marge to assign her a task)?
I don't think this is a glitch. This is how everything seems to be working so far - it gets into your inventory but first you have to upgrade your castle to a certain point before you can use it. It was like that with my game, too.

Quote:
And am I remembering things wrong, or is there another glitch where you are not being deducted the cost of upgrading characters? Maybe I shouldn't have said that one out loud...
Same here. Not a glitch, just how it works. You don't seem to need to spend gold to get the upgrades, just have a certain level of gold. It's different for elixir - you do spend it.

Right now I've got The Simpsons on a 24-hour quest to "steal premium stuff." I wonder what that'll be?!
Old 08-31-2014, 11:33 PM

Doughnuts of course. The game's premium currency.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Right now I've got The Simpsons on a 24-hour quest to "steal premium stuff." I wonder what that'll be?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwakkeddup View Post
Doughnuts of course. The game's premium currency.
I could be wrong (best to get my once per month out of the way early), but I'm pretty sure the smiley was indicating a rhetorical question.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I don't think this is a glitch. This is how everything seems to be working so far - it gets into your inventory but first you have to upgrade your castle to a certain point before you can use it. It was like that with my game, too.
No wonder I couldn't find her - I was looking in Personal Prizes (where she exists, but it doesn't say anything) rather than Inventory, where it mentions that a quest has to be completed first.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:33 AM

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. It is kinda funny if you think "putting on airs" ( It was a joke reply that fell flat and I didn't think it though.)
Old 09-02-2014, 09:59 AM

I'm not 100% in love with this round. Some of the text conversations between characters really seem to drag on. It seems there have been about 25 jokes about how upgrades aren't worth much but you're supposed to really want them anyway. Uhhh okay.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

Yeah, I'm already tired of this event. I have spent enough elixir to buy all the walls, towers, banners, hay carts and stockades I really want but it seems pointless to keep upgrading my castles for more and more nerds when I can barely spend them all already. It'll be nice to get the last couple of prizes for gold, I suppose, but it doesn't seem like this event needs to go until October.