Old 07-01-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okrahoma View Post
More Trump Derangement Syndrome hysteria.
Ah, more right wing retardation from Okradumba.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Of course, the story is much more mundane:

Scarborough asked Kushner if there was anything that could be done about the article, the source said,...
(bolding mine)

Citing a news story based on an anonymous source; you astound me, Okrahoma.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Ah, more right wing retardation from Okradumba.
With a Faux news cite!
Old 07-01-2017, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Scarborough called senior adviser Jared Kushner, with whom Scarborough has a friendly relationship, to ask about a National Enquirer article slated to run in early June regarding the relationship between Scarborough and Brzezinski, who have since announced their engagement.

Scarborough asked Kushner if there was anything that could be done about the article, the source said, given Trump’s friendship with David Pecker, the chief executive of The Enquirer’s parent company, American Media. Kushner allegedly told Scarborough that the former Republican congressman needed to talk to the president himself about the issue, to which Scarborough replied that Trump was angry at him. The source said Kushner answered: “Well, then maybe you should apologize.”
So your assertion is that president Trump could authorize or kill a hit-piece in the National Enquirer? Gee, that's so much better.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Experimental FOC Test Pilot

Quote:

Scarborough called senior adviser Jared Kushner, with whom Scarborough has a friendly relationship, to ask about a National Enquirer article slated to run in early June regarding the relationship between Scarborough and Brzezinski, who have since announced their engagement.

Scarborough asked Kushner if there was anything that could be done about the article, the source said, given Trump’s friendship with David Pecker, the chief executive of The Enquirer’s parent company, American Media. Kushner allegedly told Scarborough that the former Republican congressman needed to talk to the president himself about the issue, to which Scarborough replied that Trump was angry at him. The source said Kushner answered: “Well, then maybe you should apologize.”
Find a legitimate source. If you claim that Fox IS legitimate or AS legitimate as the mainstream media... Seriously, find a legitimate source.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:29 PM
Charter Member

What puzzles me most about this is who gives a fuck about a National Enquirer piece?
Old 07-01-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulykamell View Post
What puzzles me most about this is who gives a fuck about a National Enquirer piece?
You never know what misinformed Trump supporters take seriously. See the few posts above Faux news cite.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:

What Scarborough has stated on the air is pretty much at odds with every single claim in your quote.

How do you decide that Fox' anonymous source is more credible than Scarborough himself?

Last edited by El_Kabong; 07-01-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
The same people who care about Fox 'News'.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:

Right. Because Fox News is such a reliable source.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamino Neko View Post
The same people who care about Fox 'News'.
But even the folks I know who follow Fox don't take the Enquirer seriously. I mean, I know in its history it has actually managed to break a news story or two, but its reputation is "for entertainment purposes only" news.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:13 PM
BANNED

The Trump administration said Friday it will begin arresting parents and other relatives who hire smugglers to bring their children into the U.S. This part of the new “surge initiative” by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
But even the folks I know who follow Fox don't take the Enquirer seriously. ....
You should ask those guys: "Why not?"
Old 07-01-2017, 06:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobot View Post
With a Faux news cite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steatopygia View Post
Find a legitimate source. If you claim that Fox IS legitimate or AS legitimate as the mainstream media... Seriously, find a legitimate source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
What Scarborough has stated on the air is pretty much at odds with every single claim in your quote.

How do you decide that Fox' anonymous source is more credible than Scarborough himself?
See, it's so much fun to see idiots like you grabbing at straws in your hatred of Trump. Seriously, how many times have you read stories that insisted that THIS time it's the end of Trump. Indictments are coming. Just wait 24 business hours. He is doomed!!!11!!!

Hilarious. This story will die just like a few dozen stories before it. But as I said, it is good that the media keeps feeding you guys this crap. It keeps your little brains busy instead of getting some weird ideas like James Hodgkinson.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:48 PM

Yup, just keep trying to change the subject every time you're shown a fool.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Fox News? Okra, Okra, Okra, what did we tell you about not quoting fake news sources?
Old 07-01-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
See, it's so much fun to see idiots like you grabbing at straws in your hatred of Trump. Seriously, how many times have you read stories that insisted that THIS time it's the end of Trump. Indictments are coming. Just wait 24 business hours. He is doomed!!!11!!!

Hilarious. This story will die just like a few dozen stories before it. But as I said, it is good that the media keeps feeding you guys this crap. It keeps your little brains busy instead of getting some weird ideas like James Hodgkinson.
Okrahoma, you dumbass, if I told you you made as much sense as Trump, would you be flattered, insulted, or just meejum?
Old 07-01-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
See, it's so much fun to see idiots like you grabbing at straws in your hatred of Trump. Seriously, how many times have you read stories that insisted that THIS time it's the end of Trump. Indictments are coming. Just wait 24 business hours. He is doomed!!!11!!!...
Go on, then: link to one such story.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrerd View Post
Go on, then: link to one such story.
https://patribotics.blog/2017/05/14/...-donald-trump/

and a lot of leftist idiots follow Mensch's fantasies religiously.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:

"Mensch is the co-founder of Heat Street, a conservative website ran by News Corp, a former member of the UK Parliament, and a frequent guest on MSNBC. She also propagates unfounded conspiracy theories in blog posts and tweets.

Just about all of Mensch’s theories have centered around Russian President Vladimir Putin and alleged operations by his government to undermine the American political system.

The former British MP moved on from both writing and managing Heat Street in January reportedly due to her tweets, and she’s now instead vice president of creative and strategy for News Corp. In the wake of her departure, however, Mensch launched a blog titled “Patribotics,” in which she flushes out her unfounded conspiracy theories in long stories instead of short tweets."

So this is a Conservative who publishes a blog of her conspiracy theories. Had never heard of it until now. OF COURSE you have.

More fake news, zero credibility on this one, as usual. We're going to have to file you with Adaher on the accuracy scale.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
BWAHAHA! Louise Mensch was an MP for the right-wing Conservative Party in the UK! You really are a total moron.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
BWAHAHA! Louise Mensch was an MP for the right-wing Conservative Party in the UK! You really are a total moron.
Who cares who she was She found a way to cash in on leftist paranoid fantasies and places like democraticunderground repost and discuss her every utterance. It's hilarious.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:48 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Who cares who she was She found a way to cash in on leftist paranoid fantasies and places like democraticunderground repost and discuss her every utterance. It's hilarious.
It's still a right-wing lie. Face it, it's your side with the fake news.
And you thought she was a lefty.

Last edited by running coach; 07-01-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
You're fucking idiot who cites BLOGS no one has ever heard of as evidence that "leftists" believe shit.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:52 PM

Well, Louise Mensch has about 12K twitter followers. That is a lot. I mean, a lot for any given person, at least. And, you know, it is a solid majority of the people who do not like Trμmp.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:54 PM

@OkraNo, you're hilarious. Half the political jokes on Sickipedia (British) involve Mensch. ��

Since you're up for believing anything, I'll tell you a secret. They called
Joe DiMaggio was called the Yankee Clipper because he cut his teammates' hair. Bet your friends on it.

Last edited by Locrian; 07-01-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
And you thought she was a lefty.
To be fair, the US Republican Party is much further to the right on the political spectrum than the British Conservative Party. So it wouldn't be that surprising that a US Republican supporter would confuse a British Conservative with being a librul, if they listened to what they had to say.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:

You're asked for your best example of an unreliable left wing news source spreading falsehoods, and you provide a right winger's blog site. I mean, it would be parody, if it weren't so consistent with previous nonsense.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:56 PM
BANNED

Quote:
You're fucking idiot who cites BLOGS no one has ever heard of as evidence that "leftists" believe shit.
Nah. Lots of evidence that "leftists" believe all kinds of crap that turns out to be nothing and will disappoint them to tears later can be found on this board. In this thread, too. It is very entertaining to watch, though. Kushner (and of course, as always, Trump) is doooomed I tell ya!
Old 07-01-2017, 07:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
You're asked for your best example of an unreliable left wing news source spreading falsehoods
That is not what I was asked, was it? It was to provide one example of such a story. That leftists definitely read and repost. Would you like examples of that?

Last edited by Okrahoma; 07-01-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
That is not what I was asked, was it? It was to provide one example of such a story. That leftists definitely read and repost. Would you like examples of that?
Dude, you've worked hard to earn a big fat ZERO on your credibility on this board. If this is how you operate, I have to assume that you have near zero credibility with your family and people you know too.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:03 PM

I ran across this, by the OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
People keep engaging with Okrahoma in (this) thread to no useful purpose, but in effect, it lets him hijack.

STOP THIS.

You cannot have a rational discussion with this poster, at least not about Trump. It just means if you want to find the real discussion, you have to scroll past all of the pointless back-and-forth with him.… It's a hamster wheel that goes nowhere.

Last edited by eschereal; 07-01-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, and the best example you could come up with is an obscure blog written by a right winger. You had the ability to cherry pick whatever example you wanted. It was a gimmie, and you still managed to blow it.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Dude, you've worked hard to earn a big fat ZERO on your credibility on this board. If this is how you operate, I have to assume that you have near zero credibility with your family and people you know too.
Maybe, maybe not. Someone had to raise the shitstain.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by running coach View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Someone had to raise the shitstain.
You're assuming this latest addition to my Ignore List wasn't thrown out of the house and/or still has contact with his mother.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:15 PM

Oceanside minister supported Trump, now he's in line for deportation.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Charter Member

From the link.
Quote:
“Trump said, ‘Let’s keep all the good people here and all the bad people out,’” Ramirez said.

“That’s great, but I’m here,” Ramirez said of his detention. “I’m not saying I’m the best person in the world, but I’ve tried to live a good life.”

He said he supports the Republican agenda on both fiscal and social issues and that he still supports Trump.

“Everything that he’s said against immigrants — it’s not that I’m in favor, but bad people don’t belong here,” Ramirez said. “In order to make America great, you have to have people contributing to this country.”

Ramirez said he also encouraged his youngest daughter to volunteer with the campaign of Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Vista)
That puts him in the "bad person" category.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
You're assuming this latest addition to my Ignore List wasn't thrown out of the house and/or still has contact with his mother.
You're also assuming whoever raised the troll did not hate the world and chose raising a troll to inflict on the world as the method of revenge.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
You're also assuming whoever raised the troll did not hate the world and chose raising a troll to inflict on the world as the method of revenge.
I don't blame the mom, I think he's broken too many bricks with his head.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:09 PM
BANNED

Ah the hatred from leftists I wear it as a badge of honor.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
It's more pity than hatred. I don't hate you, I just think you're really poorly-informed about the world.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:30 PM
BANNED

Uh-Oh. According to The Washington Examiner () Sean "Little Joe Goebbels" Hannity tweeted Saturday saying he was very close to going "there" with Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski because he "is sick of their BS."

Hannity, sick of bullshit? Imagine that. C'mon C'mon, try harder.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walken After Midnight View Post
It's more pity than hatred. I don't hate you, I just think you're really poorly-informed about the world.
Hey, let him call it hate if he wants to. It seems to be the only emotion he understands.

Last edited by eschereal; 07-01-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschereal View Post
I ran across this, by the OP
I've repeated this thought several times, as have a few others. When the troll says, "Jump!" all his minions ask is "How high?" as their fingers (or thumbs) fly across the keyboard. For page after page. Apparently the self control required to resist the troll's bait is in short supply. Because it does take self control. And the ignore list.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:41 PM

That would be nice to see if Pence and TWWFA (The World's Worst Fucking Asshole) are really genuinely not getting along.

Quote:
A half-dozen Republicans, including four who advised or worked for Trump’s campaign or transition and are still in contact with their former colleagues, said they think the two sides are talking less, disagreeing more and occasionally bad mouthing each others’ bosses. One said the staffs are “walled off” from each other. Several of the Republicans asked to not speak publicly because of the sensitivity of the situation.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:43 PM
BANNED

'I'm president and they're not'. Trump slams media in speech honoring veterans.

Trump appeared on a stage decorated with a massive American flag. Choirs performed "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and other hymns and debuted a song with the lyrics "make America great again"
(Hint: The melody is to the song "Pop Goes the Weasel").

The event was sponsored by the usual suspects, The First Baptist Dallas and The Salem Media Group.

Last edited by Little_Pig; 07-01-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:57 PM

Not sure if I'm the only one here who's not a fan of disabling ad blocker, so -

from NYT .

Last edited by Guest-starring: Id!; 07-01-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:33 PM
Charter Member

"Mr. Trump praised American veterans and promised to defend religious liberty in America." With the exception of Muslims, right?
Old 07-01-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
You still think I'm a leftist. How amusing (sad) is that, Teeming Millions?
Old 07-01-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_Pig View Post
'I'm president and they're not'. Trump slams media in speech honoring veterans.

Trump appeared on a stage decorated with a massive American flag. Choirs performed "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and other hymns and debuted a song with the lyrics "make America great again"
(Hint: The melody is to the song "Pop Goes the Weasel").

The event was sponsored by the usual suspects, The First Baptist Dallas and The Salem Media Group.
Trump, no doubt, loves that song. He probably thinks the refrain is about him.