Old Yesterday, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMogul View Post
"I swear, I thought I was posting a GIF on Facebook!"
He's not a good liar at all.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM

The state of Indiana is on the hook for $20 million to clean up the environmental mess left by Mike Pence's family's gas stations.
https://apnews.com/07f9256ae1984362ba3eff192b4d6dd0
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
LOVE It! I'll bet the Queen was in on it!
Even if she wasn't, I bet she enjoyed it.
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
Love this.

But it's quite sad really. What have we come to? We have a moronic criminal as the President of the United States of America.

We are joking about it? This 'man' needs to be removed from office using the rightful authority of our laws, the constitution and congress.

The republican led congress is more concerned with getting re-elected, and their pocket books than the laws that they have sworn to uphold. We must all send them a message that we will not stand for this. I feel very sorry for good republicans that truly do their jobs, but we must send a message. And the best way to do so is to not ever vote for a republican until they get their house in order.
The few good ones are leaving the party.
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB View Post
What makes it even better is that she is the Countess of Airlie, who is actually American!
Born in New Jersey. Cool.

Last edited by xenophon41; Yesterday at 12:51 PM. Reason: added quotation
Old Yesterday, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Well, yeah, Cheeto, those wily Russians probably figured it would be easier to interfere with the election is they did it before Election Day.
Wait, I thought you were supposed to do it after he was already sworn in, like the deep state conspirators in the FBI did.
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySinclair View Post
Wait, I thought you were supposed to do it after he was already sworn in, like the deep state conspirators in the FBI did.
Yes, The Derp State kept the Russia investigation quiet, and yammered about Clinton emails (at the most critical times) because they were all helping Clinton and hated Trump. Yeah right. Comey helped the Oompa Loompa win, and helped sink Clinton. Between Comey and the Russians and Wikileaks and Fox News etc etc ...
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
... Comey helped the Oompa Loompa win, and helped sink Clinton...
And Trump knew this, as evidenced by his behavior in early 2017. He thought that Comey helped throw the election his way. That’s why he was treating Comey like his new best friend. That’s why he pulled the little #MeToo stunt to trick Comey into a private date in order to put the moves on and pressure him for ...........loyalty. He though Comey would be all in because he though Comey had violated his professional ethics in order to get him elected. He thought he could control Comey like he did Cohen and make the FBI his private police force.

That’s why he felt so betrayed when Comey busted him. And he’s down on the FBI because they refuse to be his personal cops.
Old Yesterday, 10:28 PM

DHS Chief Kirstjen Nielsen says the Russians are not planning on hacking the fall elections.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...ions-at-levels
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM

Once you have paid the Putin-Geld, you never get rid of the Putin.
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Coming from her, that's so reassuring. (WaPo)

Quote:
Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen pushed back Monday at the growing condemnation of her agency’s practice of separating migrant families at the border, telling a gathering of law enforcement officers, “We will not apologize for the job we do.”

In a speech at the meeting of National Sheriffs’ Association in New Orleans, Nielsen drew rousing applause when she directed her remarks at “a selected few in the media, Congress and the advocacy community” whom she accused of mischaracterizing the Trump administration’s border crackdown.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
DHS Chief Kirstjen Nielsen says the Russians are not planning on hacking the fall elections.

She added this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Article
Nielsen added that some level of Russian interference is still present and urged state officials to remain vigilant as some officials have noticed “persistent Russian efforts using social media, sympathetic spokespeople and other fronts to sow discord and divisiveness amongst the American people, though not necessarily focused on specific politicians or political campaigns," according to Time.
Whatever that really means. Not focused on politicians or campaigns?

Last edited by Locrian; Yesterday at 10:40 PM.
Old Today, 04:48 AM
Straight Dope Science Advisory Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by asahi View Post
I'm still trying to sort out which television appearance was more disturbing, the interview with the Sun or the presser in which he dubbed an American outlet "fake news" and refused to answer questions from them, while exhibiting clear favoritism to the American version of Sputnik international.
I'm still peeved that every journalist in the room didn't get up and walk out. Think about it. If the press doesn't attend his briefings, if the press doesn't give him the time of day, that'll probably give him the conniption fit that'll finally knock him out of action.
Old Today, 04:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locrian View Post
Whatever that really means. Not focused on politicians or campaigns?
They've occasionally backed and organized both sides on divisive issues in a crude application of the "let's you and him fight!" gambit.
Old Today, 06:05 AM

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but they are deleting 20 years of "critical medical guidelines"; no archive or backup, they are shutting it down with minimal warning to make sure the data can't be saved. It's part of the whole Trump War on Data; like shutting down environmental research.

The Right demands ignorance, and the destruction of knowledge; and Trump is willing to give them what they want.
Old Today, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
I'm still peeved that every journalist in the room didn't get up and walk out. Think about it. If the press doesn't attend his briefings, if the press doesn't give him the time of day, that'll probably give him the conniption fit that'll finally knock him out of action.
Well I'm sure every reporter who works at Sputnik America, er, Fox News knows that they'll be disciplined if they turn on the Donald.
Old Today, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Trihs View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but they are deleting 20 years of "critical medical guidelines"; no archive or backup, they are shutting it down with minimal warning to make sure the data can't be saved. It's part of the whole Trump War on Data; like shutting down environmental research.

The Right demands ignorance, and the destruction of knowledge; and Trump is willing to give them what they want.
Good grief!

Okay, where's the financial motive in this? There's a financial motive behind everything this administration does.

The overall goal seems to be to turn the USA into a lower-than third world country so our White Overlords can pillage and plunder every source of profit.
Old Today, 08:14 AM

It costs 1.2 million to maintain this database as per the link. What's that in golf trips?
Old Today, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Good grief!

Okay, where's the financial motive in this? There's a financial motive behind everything this administration does.

The overall goal seems to be to turn the USA into a lower-than third world country so our White Overlords can pillage and plunder every source of profit.
It’s in the article

This guidelines sometimes recommend against treatments that are heavily sold by companies that donors and lobbyists are invested in. A guideline that emphasized non-surgical treatments for back pain pissed off an organization that represents surgeons

And there were guideline that were critical of some drug that was manufactured by one of Tom Price’s campaign donors, and they refused to take it down.
Old Today, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintcharge View Post
I know we're not supposed to make fun of people for how they look, but, man! Could he look more like a smarmy douche?
Yes, and in fact, he has in the past.
Old Today, 09:55 AM

Quote:
She's a fucking liar.
Old Today, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty View Post
They should have walked. And they should treat the whole bunch of these creatures as pariahs, as the criminals they are. Don't cover what they say, don't repeat or amplify it, don't dignify it, don't soft peddle, don't apply any sort of "equivalency".

And completely deny that orange bastard the airtime he so craves. Total Trump blackout.

Last edited by SteveG1; Today at 09:59 AM.
Old Today, 10:00 AM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tooth View Post
It costs 1.2 million to maintain this database as per the link. What's that in golf trips?
About 1/3.
Old Today, 10:03 AM

Quote:

Let's burn the libraries down next.

I just don't know what to say. If trump has his way, we will soon have an 'internet' much like North Koreas.
Old Today, 10:06 AM

They aren't dragging paintings outside and burning them, so everything's fine.
Old Today, 10:29 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ia-indictments

Quote:
Asked “who is your biggest foe globally right now”, he said: “Well I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now you wouldn’t think of the European Union but they’re a foe.
Just...fucking...wow!
Old Today, 10:38 AM

Quote:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ia-indictments

Quote:
Asked “who is your biggest foe globally right now”, he said: “Well I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now you wouldn’t think of the European Union but they’re a foe.”
Just...fucking...wow!
I'm dying to know who he thinks our biggest Fee, Fi and Fum are right now.
Old Today, 10:42 AM

Quote:
He's just doing his master's bidding. Destroy the EU, destroy NATO, dissolve our alliances/treaties/stuff, destroy us.
Old Today, 10:47 AM

Oh, but don't worry. I'm sure that Republicans in congress will put country before party.
Old Today, 11:12 AM

If you're wondering what they're going to talk about in their one-on-one, I suspect Putin and Trump will be buzzing about this:

The 5 States Most Vulnerable to a 2018 Election Hack (US News)

Quote:
Due to both a lack of funding and political urgency, a handful of states are still vulnerable to the same type of attack Virginia was.

The worst part?

At this point, there aren't many remedies that can be employed in time ahead of Tuesday, Nov. 6.

"For 2018, if a sophisticated nation state wants to cause chaos on Election Day, they're probably already in our systems," said J. Alex Halderman, an election security expert and professor of computer science at the University of Michigan, during a forum on Capitol Hill this week.
(I never did find out which 5 states were the most vulnerable, though.)
Old Today, 11:13 AM

Quote:

Because 1.2 milliondollarsis just too much to pay.
Quote:
The operating budget for the NGC last year was $1.2 million, Hunt said, and reductions in funding forced the agency’s hand.

Old Today, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channing Idaho Banks View Post
Because 1.2 milliondollarsis just too much to pay.
Ann Hedonia nailed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
It’s in the article

This guidelines sometimes recommend against treatments that are heavily sold by companies that donors and lobbyists are invested in. A guideline that emphasized non-surgical treatments for back pain pissed off an organization that represents surgeons

And there were guideline that were critical of some drug that was manufactured by one of Tom Price’s campaign donors, and they refused to take it down.
It's not just the cost of the program, it's that sometimes the guidelines suggested courses of action for patients that did not line doctors' pockets.
Old Today, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Oh, but don't worry. I'm sure that Republicans in congress will put country before party.
Waiting for outraged denunciations from Republican leadership....any minute now...
Old Today, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Good to know Kirsjen. Ya mean like the last time?

Do you a private line to them, or did they tell you over a tweet. Did they pinky swear?

Morons, we have morons running the government.
Old Today, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
Waiting for outraged denunciations from Republican leadership....any minute now...
I'm hoping that they will come November 7, and that they will be outraged denunciations of the voters for "betraying" them.
Old Today, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enipla View Post
...Morons, we have morons running the government.
Well, they're not as stupid as they think we are....
Old Today, 02:51 PM

Quote:
crickets
Old Today, 03:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Well now we know why Trump is so desperate to see Putin.

Last edited by Little Nemo; Today at 03:05 PM.
Old Today, 04:03 PM
Elephant Whisperer

Everyone (including me) was so sure the Traitor-in-Chief would never become President. So I take heart from the increasing sentiment that Chump will have a second term, as that surely means he won't.
Old Today, 04:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
He's just doing his master's bidding. Destroy the EU, destroy NATO, dissolve our alliances/treaties/stuff, destroy us.
Best sign from the London protest was a drawing of DOTUS as a Handmaid, with the caption "OfPutin".
Old Today, 05:11 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...299515bd9f.jpg
Old Today, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
Best sign from the London protest was a drawing of DOTUS as a Handmaid, with the caption "OfPutin".

Here it is.