Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
I don't know how to reconcile this with your previous statement:

What I wrote in post #94 is a tool available in the process realm. I'd be opposed because it's a terrible idea and bad for democracy, but based on what you've written it appears you would not be opposed. Do I have that right?
I think the possibility that these things (including voter suppression, gerrymandering, and much more) are even possible is horribly damaging towards our democracy, but as long as these horrible things are available, I advocate that Democrats consider making use of these tools so as not to bring the proverbial knife to the gunfight.

Just like how campaigns should be publicly funded, but until that goal is reached, I understand the need for campaigns to solicit private donations.

Basically, our system is massively screwed up. It should be fixed. Until it is fixed, Democrats need to fight as hard as they can, with whatever tools are available, just to avoid being overwhelmed.