Old 05-24-2019, 03:29 AM

star wars knights of the old republic movie happening

There planning on making a movie based on the knights of the old republic game made by Bioware which was based on dark horse comics' knights of the old republic series
(note the dumbasses that wrote the article didn't seem to know that or even mention Bioware made the game .......does anyone research an article anymore ?)

here's the article https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/new...9tF?li=BBnb7Kz

my question is how will they do the big reveal since millions of people played the game?

SPOILER:
you were the big bad Darth but lost your memory and you had to make a choice to be light or dark side like in just about all biowares games
Old 05-24-2019, 05:10 AM
Charter Member

This needs some clarification. They're not going to make a trilogy of movies based specifically on the plot of some dumb video game.

However, The Old Republic itself, i.e. the era of Star Wars set thousands of years earlier, possibly exploring the origins of the Jedi and Sith's antagonistic beginnings, which is rich with potential, and has been explored in more than just games, but comics and novels as well, is more than likely what is really going to be the subject of these movies.

If this rumour is true, which I doubt.

The way this era is portrayed is so closely resembling the contemporary familiar era that there's almost no reason to go there. If you want somewhere new, find a different corner of the galaxy, find a group of characters that are not mooncalf farm boys destined to be chosen ones, and portray it in a new genre that hasn't been done before in Star Wars, like a noir or a thriller or something.

The Old Republic is just the same thing with different coloured hats on, and would need such radical changes to make it different enough to be worth going there that it wouldn't be Star Wars anymore, it wouldn't resemble the games and comics at all, and therefore wouldn't satisfy the Old Republic fanboys who seem to be the only ones clamouring for it. It would just be a disaster.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:45 AM

The two articles I read specifically said it would be based on the 2003 game which I am pretty sure also predates (or was at least contemporary with) any comics about the Old Republic.
Old 05-24-2019, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

I imagine it's going to be set in the KOTOR era rather than just being a retelling of the game.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
The two articles I read specifically said it would be based on the 2003 game which I am pretty sure also predates (or was at least contemporary with) any comics about the Old Republic.
That doesn't sound very likely and seems to me the writers of the article are taking things too literally without thinking logically. Also I still doubt the veracity of this rumour.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:00 PM
Corellian Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quimby View Post
This is incorrect. Dark Horse Comics had a long-running comic series, "Tales of the Jedi," which ran from 1993 until 1998. It had a number of different story arcs, all of which were set during the Old Republic Era (though many of the story arcs took place during the same era -- approximately 4000 years before the films -- which was used in KotOR).

Last edited by kenobi 65; 05-24-2019 at 11:04 PM.