Old 06-09-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Personal View Post
Still no Duff Gardens. I was sitting on some doughnuts waiting for it, but I got impatient so I bought the Ajax Steel building and the Golf Pro devil building. I'm happy with both. I still have some doughnuts in reserve -- not enough for Duff Gardens if it reappears, but a large enough base to build on quickly if needed.
Like the last time, only some people have it available. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
Well I'll be danged:

https://tstoaddicts.com/2015/09/03/s...er/#more-30507

I did not know that.
I didn't see it mentioned, but I read on the EA forums a few weeks ago that the SH buildings (not all) give hidden xp % bonuses. You can't tell when you click on your stars, but if you have multiple mansions and then count your xp via the gulp and blow method, you get much more xp than you should. I get about 200% more since I realized it was a thing, but now I have a super ugly SH.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:19 AM

What's the gulp and blow method?
Old 06-10-2016, 11:48 AM

Interesting. I googled "gulp and blow method" and this was the first result.

http://simpsonstappedout.wikia.com/wiki/Gulp_'N'_Blow

Down under the "Trivia" section it mentions this.

Quote:
◾Being the only building that gives exactly Cash100 for the payout, it can be used as a way to figure out how much % bonus you have on your town from your premium items. Ex: If you get $125 from Gulp 'N' Blow, then you now know you have a 25% bonus on your town. However, this method is often inaccurate, as your actual bonus may be as low as 24.05%.
Old 06-10-2016, 07:50 PM

Yeah, it's not exact, but it gives you your xp the easiest way if you have hidden bonuses. Before we got the stars on the bottom right clickable, it was the ONLY way.

I did finally have Duff Gardens appear in my buy menu!
Old 06-12-2016, 10:12 AM

Does everybody get the same seven characters who can go into Duff Gardens and "generate" the gnomes? It seemed to me that I could choose pretty much anybody the first time, but once I did, I was stuck with those seven. My seven are:
Bernice Hibbert
Declan Desmond
Ruth Powers
Lunchlady Dora
Helen Lovejoy
Mrs. Muntz
Gina Vendetti
Old 06-12-2016, 11:22 AM

Everybody has the same, and it's not initially intuitive who is available except that they seem to be the most worthless characters. The first time I could only pick those ones as well. I remember that because they were all stuck like 17 hours remaining in 24 hour jobs because I don't keep any of them free.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
Everybody has the same, and it's not initially intuitive who is available except that they seem to be the most worthless characters. The first time I could only pick those ones as well. I remember that because they were all stuck like 17 hours remaining in 24 hour jobs because I don't keep any of them free.
There aren't that many non-premium characters that aren't also involved in Springfield Heights.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post

I didn't see it mentioned, but I read on the EA forums a few weeks ago that the SH buildings (not all) give hidden xp % bonuses. You can't tell when you click on your stars, but if you have multiple mansions and then count your xp via the gulp and blow method, you get much more xp than you should. I get about 200% more since I realized it was a thing, but now I have a super ugly SH.
I just added 3 of the Exclusive Resorts but that didn't seem to affect my bonus %.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:03 PM

That Gulp and Blow method seems like it would work to verify your cash bonus %, but it wouldn't be able to tell you your hidden xp bonus % without some math. If the Gulp and Blow gave you 100 xp, I think it would work. And from what I understand the Springfield Heights buildings give only hidden xp bonuses, not hidden cash bonuses.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:03 PM

This is the list apparently:
Deluxe Condo - 1%
Business Center - 2%
Valet Parking - 3%
Classic Mansion - 4%
Modern Mansion - 5%
Old 06-13-2016, 04:56 PM

Finally got around to doing an experiment. Checked a gulp n blow, gave me XP 30. Stored all my modern mansions, tried another gulp n blow, gave me XP 26. Put the Modern Mansions back, plus some of the modern mansion accessories, gave me XP 30.
For what it's worth.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:07 PM

New appstore update. Superhero event 2. Best splashscreen ever, though.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:06 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'm usually late to new events.

I'm liking this event so far. I just got through with the intro and got to fight some felons. That was pretty cool. The way the fights go it reminds me of the soccer event. Pretty sure it's the same mechanic.

But man a 41 day event. I'm excited. Tier one prizes look lame except for the new heroes you can get. We'll see.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:21 AM

NM

Last edited by Intergalactic Gladiator; 06-17-2016 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:42 PM

With the fights I repeat to myself, "Brown beats Green beats Purple beats Brown." I do ok with that.
Old 06-17-2016, 02:35 PM

The update has been fun though I keep having to look at the "?" to see what beats what. I'll have that straightened out in 42 days or so.

The game has been a memory hog for me since the update though. The game gets choppy on me now.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Charter Member

Not sure how much I should be actively healing my guys. Will relying on the passage of time be enough? I'd prefer to save the trading cards, for instance, for things other than bandages.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
The update has been fun though I keep having to look at the "?" to see what beats what. I'll have that straightened out in 42 days or so.

The game has been a memory hog for me since the update though. The game gets choppy on me now.
I made a note
Brain >Tech>Strength>Brain
Old 06-18-2016, 03:11 PM

I just remember
Jocks beat up nerds
Nerds master technology
Jocks don't understand technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tildrum View Post
Not sure how much I should be actively healing my guys. Will relying on the passage of time be enough? I'd prefer to save the trading cards, for instance, for things other than bandages.
I don't use them much, or save them for villains as I still have only two.

By the way, when does the "day" reset for my 3 villain attacks per day? It's not when everything else resets, so presumably 24 hours starts from the last time I did it?

Last edited by thelurkinghorror; 06-18-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tildrum View Post
I haven't been all that concerned with it. Seems like I always end up with an abundance of essentially worthless currency at the end of these things.

With regard to the fights, I use the color of the little box next to the fighters. Brown beats Green beats Purple beats Brown.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurkinghorror View Post
I just remember
Jocks beat up nerds
Nerds master technology
Jocks don't understand technology
LoL!

Quote:
I don't use them much, or save them for villains as I still have only two.

By the way, when does the "day" reset for my 3 villain attacks per day? It's not when everything else resets, so presumably 24 hours starts from the last time I did it?
I save the energy drinks for the felons as well since I still only have two.

And according to TSOAddicts it is 24 hours from the time you last fought the heroes.
Old 06-20-2016, 11:28 AM
Charter Member

I just got Cyborg Snake and Tungsten Dude, so this sequence is moving along faster than I expected.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunky Smurf View Post

I save the energy drinks for the felons as well since I still only have two.

And according to TSOAddicts it is 24 hours from the time you last fought the heroes.
I saw an interesting strategy on that site I haven't tried to implement yet. Basically you get more brass knuckles if you lose as much as possible to the felons in your town prior to winning. You can fight using one 2-heart 'extra' character and get 55 brass knuckles each time you lose. You still get the 350 brass knuckles for the win later.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:25 PM

I'm going to have to do some testing tonight.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:20 PM

I missed a couple days so I'm a tiny bit concerned about catching up, but I missed a few days for tapball and I did fine.

I also really don't like this... so... there's that.

All I remember is orange beats green and then I figure it out from there like rock, paper, scissors.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly View Post
I saw an interesting strategy on that site I haven't tried to implement yet. Basically you get more brass knuckles if you lose as much as possible to the felons in your town prior to winning. You can fight using one 2-heart 'extra' character and get 55 brass knuckles each time you lose. You still get the 350 brass knuckles for the win later.
This does work. Whatever damage your weak fighter does, though, carries over to the fight against that same group. So I send a jock against 2 techs and a brain, say. The tech demolished the jock, but the little damage the jock does sticks, so the next jock I send may kill the first tech. So the next fight is against 1 tech and 1 brain. So you're limited in how many times you can deliberately lose. But each loss nets 55 brass knuckles and 10 stones, + bonus reward knuckles( 12 in the case I just did). You still get full points when you can't avoid winning (350 knuckles and 40 stones, + bonus based on damage dealt)

Last edited by raventhief; 06-20-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:31 AM

That's a great idea. I was always going for the win right away, which is good for my stats but doesn't create an interesting narrative.

Spider-Man rarely beats his opponents first time out. He loses, then he has to go home, deal with Peter Parker stuff, then come back and beat the opponent in round 2. Classic super hero story arc.
Old 06-27-2016, 04:50 PM

Well I got Ol' King Coal over the weekend. It told me to keep collecting for bonuts. Yea!.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:06 PM

I think I'm going to fall just short of my second bonuts round and because I took a few days off, I'm not going to get the last friends fighting prize if they don't fix the math.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:35 PM

Yep. No way I'll get the social battle prizes unless they change it. I'm 2-3 days off-pace.

I'm happy I got Old King Coal, though. I didn't think I was going to, but I started employing the losing battle strategy and got him yesterday and one round of bonuts today. I'll have about 4,000 brass knuckles to start the next stage. And I was barely able to craft all the unique trading card prizes. I have 12 cards after crafting the lucite container a few minutes ago.

Last edited by Personal; 06-27-2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:03 AM

Looks like they changed the social battle requirements. I logged in and it jumped me from level 2 to level 6, giving me all the prizes in-between.

There's also new stuff in the store that I want: Lincoln, Washington, Presidential Estate, a geyser. I'm going to have to work on leveling up because that's a lot of donuts.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:22 AM

Yeah, when I logged in last night I got three prizes. I went to TSOAddicts and they said EA lowered the overall requirements from 115 felon battles to 77 so we all should have been bumped up a bit.

Also I don't like the fighter guy you can buy for 120 doughnuts. Well, more precisely I don't like what EA did with him. It's sneaky underhanded trickery bullshit. They make him appear at the top of your list of fighters every time and they put the button to buy him in the same spot as the button to select a fighter. When I go to select a fighter I look for the type I need and not the character itself and there was a couple of times I wanted a jock and almost pushed the button to buy him. But luckily as I was moving my finger over to buy him I realized what I was doing.

Like I said they're intentionally trying to trick us in to buying him. Fucksticks.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:04 PM

Oh look a new shiny.

They added a "quick battle" button.

So I tried it out. It automates the fight for you and ends the fight practically immediatley. The problem is, which it tells you after you use it, that it doesn't switch out fighters or heals. Each fighter plays until they die. I still won but I don't like that. I don't let any fighter die. At worsetest I'll let them get down to one heart so that four hours later when I can fight again everybody's healed.

So after the fight I went and looked at my fighters and two were completely drained and the third still had 3 hearts. So I won't be using this feature again.

Last edited by Drunky Smurf; 06-30-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:29 PM

Works well though with the intentionally lose one fighter at a time strategy.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:23 AM

So I'm a new player and I guess I'm the slow one because I can't figure out how to do felon fights. I've literally done only one felon fight, which was a tutorial one with Pieman and Fallout Boy. I did win ClownFace so I should have a team of three heroes to fight felons with, but I try to click on Orphan Alley and it doesn't do anything and none of the heroes have a "fight felons" task.

I hear people talking about a fight button, where is that?

Also, can anyone with just an EA account let me know if you can make friends with that or if you have to link with Facebook(I don't have a Facebook acct). Can we basic players set up friends and visit friend's towns?

Enjoy,
Steven
Old 07-01-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtgman View Post
So I'm a new player and I guess I'm the slow one because I can't figure out how to do felon fights. I've literally done only one felon fight, which was a tutorial one with Pieman and Fallout Boy. I did win ClownFace so I should have a team of three heroes to fight felons with, but I try to click on Orphan Alley and it doesn't do anything and none of the heroes have a "fight felons" task.

I hear people talking about a fight button, where is that?

Also, can anyone with just an EA account let me know if you can make friends with that or if you have to link with Facebook(I don't have a Facebook acct). Can we basic players set up friends and visit friend's towns?

Enjoy,
Steven
If you have a felon fight available, you should see a little fist icon in the upper right with a number inside of it indicating how many felon gangs you have roving around. Alternately, if you see a felon gang roving around with a fist floating above them, you can tap the fist.

Felons generate from orphan alley every 4 hours.

You can search for friends to add through an EA origin account. I think? I haven't done it in forever. There's a list of people earlier in the thread you can try adding. You can add me, name 'Folly312' if you want.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:01 AM

You can add friends without Facebook. Tap on "Add Origin Friends," and in the space where it asks for the email of the friend, just enter the Origin username -- you don't need the full email address. I am UncleCrappy.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:52 AM

I'm connected with Folly, your town is huge! I found sideshow bob over in the old west area, near the top chop. I would imagine finding him daily is pretty hard with a town that size.

I think my Orphan Alley is bugged because it has never spawned a felon group to the best of my knowledge. I've never seen a fist icon. I have done several quests past the orphan alley one, but not sure what's up with it now.

Thanks for the tips, looking forward to exploring more Springfields.

Enjoy,
Steven
Old 07-01-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtgman View Post
I'm connected with Folly, your town is huge! I found sideshow bob over in the old west area, near the top chop. I would imagine finding him daily is pretty hard with a town that size.

Enjoy,
Steven
And cluttered! I think the Sideshow Bob stops after a certain level. At least, I've not seen him in years.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:26 PM

I think maybe you have to be leveled up enough to have Android's dungeon before you progress enough in the event to regularly spawn felons.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:39 PM

I started through this thread finding people to add, but I see it goes back four years and some of the players may either not be playing anymore or getting close to their friends cap and not adding unknown people.

My id is smerr612946 feel free to add me. I think this may be the better way of finding the active players than hunting down their IDs through this very long thread and guessing at which may still be active.

Enjoy,
Steven
Old 07-10-2016, 05:21 PM

I finished the second stage a couple of days ago. Didn't take a whole lot of effort. This seems to be a long event.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:25 PM

Frequent events are killing my enjoyment of the game.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:53 PM

I like the superhero idea, but I'm fucking sick and tired of the combat. i have other fighting games for that.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post
Frequent events are killing my enjoyment of the game.
I would prefer a 10-14 day event every couple of months or so.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:52 PM

Just a note that I randomly looked in my inventory and I had a pack of trading cards in there . I assume it was one of the prizes that I didn't realize went into inventory rather than being added to the total.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:49 PM

Charcoal Briquette is craftable for 4,000 trading cards.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:07 PM

I came in just to say I just got Charcoal Briquette and her fighting animation is the best yet. I had a ton of trading cards because there's been nothing I've wanted from the cards.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:23 PM
2012 SDMB NFL Salary Cap Champ
Charter Member

I didn't recognize any of the newer stuff because I haven't watched the show very much in over a decade. Frankly, if it's past season 10 I'm unlikely to recognize it.

I'm also getting tired of this event and the relentless schedule of events. It reminds me a bit of that Family Guy game, which I finally stopped playing because it became impossible to do much of an event without spending a ton of money.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:34 AM

I'm familiar with maybe 40 or 50 of my characters. I've never been a big Simpson's fan. I just enjoy the game. For the most part.