Old 02-11-2014, 10:45 AM
The Central Scrutinizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Fish Pot View Post
If you figure out a way to pick up people, please let us know.

I have 24 friend requests that i've had since before the last major change. I still show 24 requests, but there are no new friend requests that I can actually add. The area where it says "requests received" and "requests sent" is completely blank.
Its easy to pick up people. Go to the EA message board for the game and drop your name in one of the "add me" threads. I've been at 100 for a long time. I want to dump some of them to add more dopers.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpronounceable View Post
Could be worse - I have multiple lemon trees...did you know you can only actually have one planted?
I've heard of the multiple lemon trees, plus a few people with extra Squeaky Voice teen and Hans. It must suck. Some people talk about being able to gift people items, and these come up as the things people would love to be able to get rid of since they're doing no one any good.

I missed the Lemon Tree stealing so I hope they bring that back some day. It sounds like it was fun.

I got 3 ponds today and I already had one. Yay multiplier bonus, at least.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:39 PM

Oh, I keep forgetting. Whoever's imagene234414? I like your message in the bushes. Hi right back at ya.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

Three spins since yesterday, and only one of them was the lovely fences! (That makes 8 sets for me). I might beat this wheel yet.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
Its easy to pick up people. Go to the EA message board for the game and drop your name in one of the "add me" threads. I've been at 100 for a long time. I want to dump some of them to add more dopers.
That's not what I meant.

I got to 100 visitors a while ago. I put my request in for players in a couple of spots on the web, and as a result, I had about 20 more neighbor requests than I needed. They were pending back then, are still pending as far as I know, since i have a little circle above the bart/Milhouse icon with the number 22 in it. Thats the same number of pending friend requests I had before the latest update.

But since the update, even though it says I have 22 pending requests (i think that's what that little number means), there are no names in my pending request list on the neighbor page. So, that's who I'd like to figure out how to add (those people that put a request in to me a while ago, but I didn't have the space.)

I can't find their names to add.

So, to make a long and confusing story short, I have been able to delete the dead wood, but I cannot seem to add anyone.

If someone is reading this and needs neighbors, send me a friend request and I'll see if it comes through. If it does, I'll add you asap.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic Gladiator View Post
Currently I have my Valentines Day stuff in a small park that doesn't look too great. I figure I have to organize and/or move it so it looks better.
I did the same thing for now. I usually do a bunch of rearranging after getting new holiday things or a run of new buildings. I'd shove it all into storage and put it back in better ways, but who's got the time?
Old 02-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

I moved just about everything I could into storage last spring during Whacking Day because it was a lot easier for me to whack snakes and for neighbors to place eggs without anything cluttering up the screen. I may do something similar again this year. I just don't have the eye for decorating that many of you do, so even if I do that, it'll still look crappy when I put it all back.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:50 AM
Charter Member

I was up to $6M and nothing to spend it on, so I splurged for the World's Largest Cubic Zirconia. I'm not really a fan of the giant money-sinks (escalator, magnifying glass), as they're too big and distracting. I believe the WLCZ ties in to the cat burglar episode, which is one of my favorites.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Charter Member

I found a minor glitch...or rather programming flaw.

If you put Marge the Witch on Cletus' Farm to speed up the crop, the crop will lose 4 hours from it's time right away. You can then box/unbox Moe's to release Marge and put her on something else. By doing that, you've essentially double booked her. You'll only get paid once, but you get the time off the farm. I've had mixed results with trying it more then once on the same crop.
To get it to work more then once I think what you need to do is put her on the crop, then take her off, then wait more then four hours (doing it right away does nothing), then do it again. I think that works. OTOH, one time I did it at night, then did it again in the morning and the crop only lost 2 hours the second time.

Either way, at the very least it kinda works, I've been using it to speed along the roses. Of course, if you're playing the game once a day on a 24 cycle it's not going to do much for you.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
To get it to work more then once I think what you need to do is put her on the crop, then take her off, then wait more then four hours (doing it right away does nothing), then do it again. I think that works. OTOH, one time I did it at night, then did it again in the morning and the crop only lost 2 hours the second time.
If your crop is less than 4 hours from being ready, I think it takes something like half the remaining time off instead of making the crop immediately available.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekweizn View Post
If your crop is less than 4 hours from being ready, I think it takes something like half the remaining time off instead of making the crop immediately available.
That might be the case. I just did it with 3 hours and 57 minutes left and it only took 2 hours off the crop. Either way, that's (I think) the third time put Marge on the crop and then pulled her right back off of it. You do get more points for that 4 hour job then other 4 hour jobs, but IMO, I think it's more worthwhile to essentially have her double booked.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:28 PM

TSTOTopix seems to think that the "fix" of the Squidport/Cletus's farm/glitch is temporary until the end of the event.
Quote:
The Squidport Tile/Open Air Stage/Channel 6/ Cletus’ Farm glitch has been temporarily suspended throughout the event.

Last edited by ekweizn; 02-13-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Hyperlink fix
Old 02-13-2014, 07:25 PM

I got Squeaky Voice Teen in my Mystery Box today! I was so surprised! I will try not to grumble about parking lots and small amounts of money for six more months.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:11 AM

There's a Valentines Day bonus today that the game sticks in your inventory. It appears to be a fountain, the pretty fencing, and the other stuff that you're already spinning for on the Whell. Yes I spelled it that way intentionally, I got it from tstofriends.com.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
There's a Valentines Day bonus today that the game sticks in your inventory. It appears to be a fountain, the pretty fencing, and the other stuff that you're already spinning for on the Whell. Yes I spelled it that way intentionally, I got it from tstofriends.com.
I got the train, which was one of the only two things I still need. And I then I went and looked and it did 'check off' that item on the wheel which means I only need one more item.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:17 AM

I also got the train, however, I didn't get the cart, which is the one thing. I need to clear the wheel.

I have a strong feeling that i will be going down to the wire to get the cart. i'm having a Christmas Wheel flashback!

3 spins in a row yesterday hit the fences. And then, I won another fargin' fountain!m i have multiples of everything except that stupid decorated peanut cart.

I have to admit though... For some reason, I'm not that upset about this yet. Maybe it's because I can't stand all of the pink crap anyway, so if I get the tunnel of love or not, it really doesn't make much of a difference.

Here's a real queation. Is there any way to move a squidport tile? I tried twice, and both times it seems I lost the tile forever, the game deleted it instead of letting me move it or put it back into my inventory and then moving it.

Does anyone know if it is possible? Or is the answer this - once you place a squidport tile, it is there forever. You can't move it, but you can delete or erase it if you want the space back in the water for something else.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skammer View Post
And I, on the other hand, got my seventh set of lovely fences.
Remember when this started, the in-game messages said to try to spell out swear words with all the extra crap you'll get

Looks like an opportunity to me.

Oh, and SFP, for your question above - I've moved and stored Squidport tiles all over the place - not sure what's keeping you from doing the same.

I've still got 36 unused tiles in inventory !

Last edited by Labtrash; 02-14-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:

Does anyone know if it is possible? Or is the answer this - once you place a squidport tile, it is there forever. You can't move it, but you can delete or erase it if you want the space back in the water for something else.
Do you have more than the max number of tiles (180, I think)? It might be that once you take it out you can't move it back if you're over the max.

As I side note, I accidentally tapped my last tile and I'm over the max, so no more Squidport tapping for me.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

I got the train, which cleared the wheel for me, so I now have a Tunnel of Love, although I can't use it until I open a Krustyland.

Now I have several hundred hearts that I don't need. What to do?
Old 02-14-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tildrum View Post
I got the train, which cleared the wheel for me, so I now have a Tunnel of Love, although I can't use it until I open a Krustyland.

Now I have several hundred hearts that I don't need. What to do?

Keep spinning.

Some of the prizes boost your overall percentage (the heart pond, and maybe something else)
Old 02-14-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
I got the train, which was one of the only two things I still need. And I then I went and looked and it did 'check off' that item on the wheel which means I only need one more item.
Yep, it's the train.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:21 PM

Interesting wheel spinning today.

I had 4 spins. The first spin started ok, but then it started slowing down in a herky jerky motion... I thought maybe my connection was bad, but it also reminded me of when I cleared the wheel for Christmas.

First spin came up lamp-post.

Second spin, and the same strange jerky braking motion. This time, it goes to the pin, and clicks slowly into the next prize, however it gives me the prize in the space right before the space the pointer is in. Another set of fence sections.

Third spin, same jerky motion, wheel brakes on another bench.
Fourth spin, jerky braking, stops on the cart, the only thing I was missing.

So, the good news is I am finished with this thing. The bad news is I still have 10 days of valentines to collect and convert into spins, which means I could get 10 or more fountains, or more fence sections. Or my favorite, pink benches!

It would be nice to keep getting the Choo Choo Choose Me trains. At least I'd get some bonus out of it, but I'm guessing I won't get that lucky.

Whatever I get, unless it is the train or the pond, It will be staying in my inventory.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enalzi View Post
Do you have more than the max number of tiles (180, I think)? It might be that once you take it out you can't move it back if you're over the max.

As I side note, I accidentally tapped my last tile and I'm over the max, so no more Squidport tapping for me.
What is the max number of tiles?

Wouldn't the tiles stop accumulating once the limit is reached, or is that not the way it works?

Maybe I am over the limit, so the program just deletes any tile I try to put back into the inventory. I'll have to look into that.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:36 AM

I used my valentine loot to follow the game's instructions, and also to sum up my feelings on these prize wheels.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:39 AM

I hate that stupid Valentine Wheel!
I have four freaking pink fountains, two heart ponds, two fences, two heart balloons, and one one of everything else. Oh wait except the light pole, none of those. The damn wheel is taunting me, and then giving me another damned pink fountain!

I hate those fountains.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

I finally hit everything on the wheel last night. I might visit the other towns from time to time, but, like the previous events, I'm not going out of my way to do it anymore.
Another train or two would be nice, but I really don't need 8 more gazebos. The only thing I'm really going to do is to keep growing roses on Cleatus' farm. Along with the Marge The Witch glitch, I can get a little over one per day.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:56 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labtrash View Post
I used my valentine loot to follow the game's instructions, and also to sum up my feelings on these prize wheels.
Pic?
Old 02-15-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
That is the best use of 6 fountains, countless fence sections, and 5 fuckin' gazebos I've ever heard!

Seriously, why does EA think that people enjoy this part of the game?

No one likes it. And as much as i hated Christmas, at least they stopped giving you prizes. What the hell am I supposed to do with all of these pink prizes?

Except, spell out something to EA, of course.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
Pic?
Here you go
Old 02-16-2014, 10:56 AM

Anyone catch the message today? I had Sideshow Bob in my town so I was alerted to that, so I tapped through that message and then I accidentally tapped the next message.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Anyone catch the message today? I had Sideshow Bob in my town so I was alerted to that, so I tapped through that message and then I accidentally tapped the next message.

For Presidents Day Abe Lincoln's Cabin (with Abe) is on sale in the Premium store.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
I totally missed that when I went to your town earlier.

I haven't had any luck the last few days with the wheel. I mean, I cleared it, but I was hoping to get more ponds or trains, or at least lamp posts, as they are the smallest and I only have one. But alas, more fountains for me.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:19 PM

I had given up on that wheel and let my four year old take a spin. Sure enough, on her first try she got the last piece I needed.

So I hate it a bit less now, but only a bit.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:57 PM

Finally cleared the wheel of doom.

Final tally:
8 fountains
2 choo choos
5 bird baths
4 lamps
7 balloons
3 benches
4 carts
8 ponds
3 gazebos**
36 (9 sets of) fences

**last item. Had three extras spins so I used them up too. Got two more gazebos on those. Figures.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:36 PM
Charter Member

Of all times to fat-finger something! I just accidentally spent $10,000 on a "Human Statue." Be sure to enjoy it when you visit my town; I can't imagine you're going to see it very often anywhere else.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fair Rarity View Post
I totally missed that when I went to your town earlier.

I haven't had any luck the last few days with the wheel. I mean, I cleared it, but I was hoping to get more ponds or trains, or at least lamp posts, as they are the smallest and I only have one. But alas, more fountains for me.
You cleared the wheel, so you have nothing to complain about.

You cleared it with over a week to go in the event. That is a great thing. I don't remember your Christmas wheel experince, but a few of us went to the very last day. Now THAT blew monkey dicks.

Now, at least, you can kick back and not sweat the spins.

I have eight of those fuckin' pink fountains. How many do I need? 1. And even that is questionable, because I hate the pink crap. But 8 and counting. When does this end, the 25th? How many can i get?

The wheel sucks as a concept, and it seems that EA likes it enough to keep using it. So, I look for it for the next holiday extravaganza. Hoo-fuckin'-ray.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:41 AM

As crappy as the wheel is, it's still better than the Whacking Day format:
2500 eggs given away, 53 received. Didn't even come close to clearing that one.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpronounceable View Post
As crappy as the wheel is, it's still better than the Whacking Day format:

2500 eggs given away, 53 received. Didn't even come close to clearing that one.

I hated whacking days format and hope it does not happen again. It was march and April, right?
Old 02-18-2014, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I don't remember your Christmas wheel experince, but a few of us went to the very last day. Now THAT blew monkey dicks.
Folks who completed that one AT ALL have nothing to complain about. Some of us spun 6-7 times a day and NEVER cleared it, even on the last day.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:16 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Folks who completed that one AT ALL have nothing to complain about. Some of us spun 6-7 times a day and NEVER cleared it, even on the last day.
Heh, cleared it on my very last spin on the very last day, mere hours before they took it down (with no chance to earn another spin). Just cleared this one. Now I won't be as frustrated when I go to visit neighbors and all their people are used up (or when I rage quit because the game crashed yet again). However, getting Marge in Krustyland is not much of a prize, as I do no Krustyland tasks anymore.

Last edited by D_Odds; 02-18-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Of all times to fat-finger something! I just accidentally spent $10,000 on a "Human Statue." Be sure to enjoy it when you visit my town; I can't imagine you're going to see it very often anywhere else.

I've got one, too -- it made me buy one for a Squidport quest, so you'll likely eventually need it.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:45 AM

I have officially cleared all the waste from all the land. Well, not Krustyland, but you know. Found about a half-dozen to maybe 9 donuts, and three burning bushes.

:toot:
Old 02-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorikke View Post
I have officially cleared all the waste from all the land. Well, not Krustyland, but you know. Found about a half-dozen to maybe 9 donuts, and three burning bushes.

:toot:

Wow, I only got one donut from the entire field.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahaloth View Post
Wow, I only got one donut from the entire field.
I saved about 40% of the waste until the end, and got 5 from that as a whole. I was surprised.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
You are right. I had no idea some folks still hadn't cleared the wheel, except for those that just started playing and weren't getting many spins. If you were spinning 6-7 times a day, you probably had 100 friends, so you must have been looking to bury your ipad or iPhone into someone's head at that point.

I will never forget how the wheel behaved on my last spin.... I hit on the last day with no chance of earning any more spins. The wheel literally put on the brakes and stopped on the bumble. A sour victory, but at least I cleared the wheel. If I hadn't I might have lost my mind.

Quote:

We have all had one or more fat-finger experiences I'm sure.

When I first started playing, I saved up some money and bought the three-eyed fish balloon. Instead of hitting the "x" to indicate I was through buying, i hit the check mark again, and bought a second three-eyed fish balloon. I was beyond pissed, because it took me down to less than $1000 dollars, and each dollar at that time was like gold. I tried to sell it back, and I couldn't. Man, I felt like a jackass.

I also once inadvertently spent 4 donuts to speed up a task. Like i couldn't wait the 12 or 24 hours or whatever it was. I hate that EA even gives you the option to spend donuts for speeding up task completion. I can't imagine anyone spending donuts for that on purpose. Just remove the option so morons like me won't tap it by mistake (or at least give me a big "ARE YOU SURE?" button to give me a chance to back out of a mistake like that).

Last edited by crypto; 02-18-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:22 PM

If you open the buildings section and tap the i icon, it opens an options menu that includes a "Confirm Donut Spend" "Yes/No".
Old 02-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

I just found that "confirm donut spend" option yesterday. I've accidentally paid donuts for a second dog race (which I then lost) more than once.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
You cleared the wheel, so you have nothing to complain about.
I'm happy I cleared the wheel and I feel so bad for everyone who hasn't yet, especially those who won't, but I think having dozens of horribly pink decorations I can't do anything with is a valid thing to complain about. I am hoping I can delete extras after the event is over, even if I can't sell them (don't care about the cash). There is a finite amount of decorations you can have in the game and while I am nowhere near that amount, if I play this game long-term, I do expect to come up against that barrier some day and I'd rather get new buildings, characters, and decorations than have to forgo something because I can't get rid of birdbaths.

I could stop, but I'd rather get a dozen more pepto fountains if I get a couple more trains and ponds. My multiplier has gone up around 15% in the last two weeks, so it's totally worth it, but I don't have to LIKE it.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:35 PM

So is the whole lemon tree thing (that I have heard discussion of--of which I have heard discussion--whatever) on again? I've been playing a lot (why why WHY can't I get a birdbath!) and The Fella has just started. I was looking over his shoulder and noticed he had a lemon tree.
Me: "Wait, WHAT? WHERE DID YOU GET A LEMON TREE?"
Him: "Uhhh, I don't know. I just tapped something or spun something...or something."
Old 02-18-2014, 09:38 PM

I got the lemon tree in a mystery box for playing 5 days in a row.