Old 02-17-2019, 07:03 PM

All wrestlers are terrible people and you can't convince me otherwise
Old 02-17-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
oh heres a wwe "scandal" supposedly a wwe announcer had been a bad boy and got caught by his wife but its a bit weird .https://thebiglead.com/2019/02/16/co...inline-related
Not hugely surprising. You're traveling with these people constantly and as Jake Hager (Jack Swagger) said on the E&C podcast, sometimes you're only home 36 hours a week. Corey himself has said that he spends the week in Connecticut and the Performance Center doing work and spends very little time at home. And when he does, his wife very quickly gets tired of him and wants him to leave again. Didn't seem like the greatest relationship there.

Carmella? Hot body butter face.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:01 AM

Loved Elimination Chamber! It was joyous to see everyone rallying behind Kofi Kingston. I want him to win the WWE Title from Bryan at WrestleMania, darn it.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:59 AM

I know a lot of people hate the IIconics, but I love them. They squeal and squawk like chickens and provide the comedy element.

It looks like there will be a Kofi and New Day vs Bryan and the Bludgeons feud leading to WM. DB will complain about their pancakes making people fatter and more likely to fart and pollute the atmosphere with increased methane emissions.

Supposedly, Uso and Naomi wanted to get fired. Now the Usos are tag champs. It worked for the Revival. AEW must really be making Vince nervous.

I'm not sure what to make of Corey Graves. On the one hand, he's an utter scumbag for cheating, then telling his wife to take the post down because they might get sued. On the other hand, backstage hookups are pretty common because these men and women work and tour together and display their nearly nekkid bodies to each other. Jeff Jarrett got Kurt Angle's wife, Matt Hardy lost Lita to Edge, Paige filmed herself fucking Xavier Woods, and Seth Rollins had the Nazi ex-girlfriend.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Not hugely surprising. You're traveling with these people constantly and as Jake Hager (Jack Swagger) said on the E&C podcast, sometimes you're only home 36 hours a week. Corey himself has said that he spends the week in Connecticut and the Performance Center doing work and spends very little time at home. And when he does, his wife very quickly gets tired of him and wants him to leave again. Didn't seem like the greatest relationship there.

Carmella? Hot body butter face.
Carmella was so much hotter when she first came to NXT. Now she's gotten a bunch of work done on her face and she looks terrible. She was also always hotter in person than on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Supposedly, Uso and Naomi wanted to get fired. Now the Usos are tag champs. It worked for the Revival. AEW must really be making Vince nervous.
My facebook group says this same thing and I don't buy it at all. Call me ignorant or a hater or whatever, but I don't think the WWE gives two shits about AEW and I highly doubt what's happened recently has anything to do with them. I think Revival got the belts because Trips believe in them and Vince finally relented and if the Usos want out then they're the stupidest wrestlers on the planet. They have had nothing but HUGE pushes and been champs for the better part of the last decade and will not get half of that anywhere else.

Like I said, I could easily be wrong (in fact, I often am about anything I believe) but it's not like indie promotions haven't been a thing in the past and it's not like AEW is guaranteed to do any better than ROH, Japan, TNA or any of them. Sure there's hype, but all I'm seeing right now is a lot of smoke and no fire
Old 02-18-2019, 01:08 PM

I see your point STC, but Vince went through this before when so many of his stars left for WCW.

Ultimately, he won that battle, but this time he's got Fox potentially losing stars they were banking on having. He probably wants to wait till everything's a go before he starts releasing the dross.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:48 PM

yeah but wcw were doing something that bot many did and that was offering "guaranteed money" NFL style ….where you were paid a certain amount for the contract or for a certain period of the contract (yearly) even if you never set foot in the ring or were injured 3 weeks in you still got that set amount

maybe some superstars like hart or Hogan got something like that but wcw did it for everyone of course it showed in the workrate eventually the "I don't give a damn if I look good bad or indifferent im getting paid anyhow "attitude sunk in

I don't see this aew doing this ……
Old 02-18-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightshadea View Post
yeah but wcw were doing something that bot many did and that was offering "guaranteed money" NFL style ….where you were paid a certain amount for the contract or for a certain period of the contract (yearly) even if you never set foot in the ring or were injured 3 weeks in you still got that set amount

maybe some superstars like hart or Hogan got something like that but wcw did it for everyone of course it showed in the workrate eventually the "I don't give a damn if I look good bad or indifferent im getting paid anyhow "attitude sunk in

I don't see this aew doing this ……
I was under the impression that everyone had guaranteed money these days. That it was one of those things, once you let the genie out of the bottle...

Is that not the case?

Last edited by cgg419; 02-18-2019 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Reworded
Old 02-18-2019, 02:53 PM

only in the established feds wwe impact and maybe roh ///and I don't know about japans payment system

I dont see something brand new being able to do that for 4 or 5 years at least unless some rich dude needs a tax write off …..
Old 02-18-2019, 04:42 PM

OK, I'll just mention this one last bit o drama... Graves and his wife are actually about to divorce. Graves hooked up with Carmella several months after he moved out. I'm sure it pissed off his soon-to-be-ex that he had rebound sex, but now he's less of a scumbag. :-)

I wouldn't think the Jags owner would be as generous with his money to AEW as Ted Turner was with WCW, but Indie stars today make a load more money than they did back in the 90's. Plus, AEW will be run by wrestlers, not corporate suits like when AOL/TW bought out Turner. AEW might not have as many amenities as WWE, but they'll offer at least as much as Indie pay to be attractive.
Old 02-18-2019, 05:26 PM

in this article about the usos Detroit incident https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ice/ar-BBTBm4d

they make a big deal about the wwf not suspending anyone for dui …. but why would wwe ? I mean the only time nfl suspends someone for something non fb related is physical violence (or abuse)or drugs
Old 02-18-2019, 10:23 PM

If they got actual jail time, then WWE would probably suspend them.

Hell, testing positive for marijuana is only a $2,500 fine in the WWE now and has been for the last several years. There's no step penalties for repeated failures either. The only way it is going to be an issue at all is if you get busted for it.

Lana and Rusev have their own Youtube channel under their real names now. Of course, everyone's claiming that they're trying to get fired too.

I bet the call ups who have been kept off TV (Sanity, etc) were pretty pissed to have NXT stars show up on RAW and get TV time.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:12 AM

It was good to see DIY and Revival have an NXT style match, and for Ricochet and Aleister to get some prime time work. The Lafayette crowd didn't seem too interested, however.

I don't think the Vince treatment will work for any of them except possibly Ricochet. He's already turned Heavy Machinery into the new Bushwhackers.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
It was good to see DIY and Revival have an NXT style match, and for Ricochet and Aleister to get some prime time work. The Lafayette crowd didn't seem too interested, however.

I don't think the Vince treatment will work for any of them except possibly Ricochet. He's already turned Heavy Machinery into the new Bushwhackers.
Just put Ricochet in a program with Almas and Rollins (in some order) and go from there. Ricochet is the best when his opponent is as athletic as he is and during extreme matches using ladders n shit.
Old 02-19-2019, 08:44 PM

Looking for folks who watched Capitol Wrestling in the late '50s and early '60s to share their memories. Capitol Wrestling, of course, was the Northeast territory that evolved into the WWE. If you know any such ppl PM me and I'll give you the link to pass along to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups
Just put Ricochet in a program with Almas and Rollins (in some order) and go from there. Ricochet is the best when his opponent is as athletic as he is and during extreme matches using ladders n shit.
Ricochet/Almas would make for some great matches.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:47 AM

Tie Dillinger asked for his release. Guess he'll be world champ next week.

At least SaNi+y got to come back, with Eric Young losing to Ricochet.

Asuka has nobody to feud with since Charlotte and Becky are tied to the RAW belt. So, they decided the best talent left was... <sultry voice>Mandy Rose</sultry voice>. They could have called up Shayna Bazler, but decided to go with cosmetic appeal. Maybe they're uncomfortable with having Corey Graves call Carmella matches.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:59 AM

hehe Nigel McGuinness said something that reminded me of STC.

During 205 live, they showed a promo for Ric Flair's upcoming 70th birthday on RAW. Aiden English said he was invited, and Nigel said "That's nonsense. He's Space Mountain and you're the Tea Cups."
Old 02-21-2019, 10:22 AM

#FTTC

(Fuck the tea cups)
Old 02-23-2019, 12:21 AM

Tye, Hideo/KENTA and TJP all released. (TJP rumored to have been fired.)
Old 02-23-2019, 02:43 PM

KENTA likely is going back to NOAH.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:15 PM
Charter Member

With so many allegedly asking for releases, it is kind of telling of WWE's feelings for the character when they grant one.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:16 AM

The stupid thing is that they could be putting them out there once or twice a month each as enhancement talent. For Christ's sake, keep guys apart a bit when they're feuding. We don't need to see them wrestle each other every week leading up to the ppv.

Hell, they put each debuting new NXT guy against them in succession. First week, beat Tye. Next week beat Breeze. Third week Slater, then Mojo. Now he's got a 4 week winning streak and he faces Roode or Sami or someone at that level. And each of those people got on TV in a month.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:45 PM

Looks like Bruce Pritchard is getting his old job back.

Thoughts?

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...rning.html?p=1
Old 02-24-2019, 01:10 PM

Arn Anderson is no longer with WWE as well. Looks like the former Impact producers crowded him out.

Pritchard understands the business and can provide valuable guidance, and I like his podcast. He's not as temperamental as Cornette at least.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
The stupid thing is that they could be putting them out there once or twice a month each as enhancement talent. For Christ's sake, keep guys apart a bit when they're feuding. We don't need to see them wrestle each other every week leading up to the ppv.

Hell, they put each debuting new NXT guy against them in succession. First week, beat Tye. Next week beat Breeze. Third week Slater, then Mojo. Now he's got a 4 week winning streak and he faces Roode or Sami or someone at that level. And each of those people got on TV in a month.
You just described (W)WWF TV in the 70s and early 80s. Nothing but squashes and an interview segment or three. BUT they didn't care as much about ratings, as the TV show was there to sell the live shows first and commercials second. Now they have to sell commercials in prime time, so (usually boring) squash matches are few and far between. Don't want the audience switching (which in the 70s meant getting up and walking over to the TV).

I'm not disagreeing with you, though. I think they could incorporate less obvious squashes to elevate incoming talent, or talent about to be pushed. Would be nicer than 50/50 booking.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
You just described (W)WWF TV in the 70s and early 80s. Nothing but squashes and an interview segment or three. BUT they didn't care as much about ratings, as the TV show was there to sell the live shows first and commercials second. Now they have to sell commercials in prime time, so (usually boring) squash matches are few and far between. Don't want the audience switching (which in the 70s meant getting up and walking over to the TV).

I'm not disagreeing with you, though. I think they could incorporate less obvious squashes to elevate incoming talent, or talent about to be pushed. Would be nicer than 50/50 booking.
superstars of wrestling and wrestling challenge . I remember 30 minute rocker vs conquistordores matches...
Old 02-24-2019, 10:46 PM

You might get one good match on Superstars or Wrestling Challenge. WWE would have 15-20 matches at a live show and tape some of them for Superstars and Wrestling Challenge. But since they're not as dependent on live shows as their primary source of income it's more about TV.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:59 PM

I remember someone telling me in the 80 and 90s s that when they were taping on house shows you could see the same wrestler in squash matches like 2 or 3 times before youd see the advertised matches
Old 02-25-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Arn Anderson is no longer with WWE as well. Looks like the former Impact producers crowded him out.

Pritchard understands the business and can provide valuable guidance, and I like his podcast. He's not as temperamental as Cornette at least.
Apparently Arn was always very vocal about the dumb things Vince was doing and it finally came to a head and WWE fired him.

AA also apparently doesn't care.

Last edited by Sir T-Cups; 02-25-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:50 PM

Sign girl in audience:

I LOVE
YOU ROMAN
REINGS

I can see the GIFs generating online now
Old 02-26-2019, 10:01 AM
Charter Member

The Monday night I decide to call it an early night, RAW finishes as strong as possible.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:47 AM

Oh Drax, what have you done?
Old 02-26-2019, 07:50 PM

Moments before Kofi Kingston was to sign the contract for a WWE Title match with Daniel Bryan at Fastlane, Vince McMahon came out and gave the shot to Kevin Owens instead. Big E and Xavier Woods objected strenuously; Kofi merely hung his head, very sad.

I like Kevin Owens as much as the next guy, but if the end result of this isn't Kofi getting his WWE Title match at WrestleMania instead, fuck this fucking company.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:54 PM
Charter Member

I was cheering because this means Kofi at WrestleMania. I just hope he gets the singles match, rather than a 3 or 4 way.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:51 AM

sunny's been boozin' again https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/fo...cid=spartandhp
Old 02-27-2019, 08:12 AM

I think this might be a way of making Kofi vs DBD happen at WM instead of Fastlane. Supposedly, Vince thought RAW and SD had gotten stale, which is why he keeps calling up NXT stars at random and brought back KO and RR to stir shit up.

While I'm glad that Ricochet, Black, Ciampa and Gargano are getting prime time pay, Vince is going to ruin them while trying to turn them into marketable names. We'll see Aleister Black Molasses, Gargano Cheese Bites, Ricochet Fidget Spinners, and Ciampionship belts.

Last edited by Knowed Out; 02-27-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I think this might be a way of making Kofi vs DBD happen at WM instead of Fastlane. Supposedly, Vince thought RAW and SD had gotten stale, which is why he keeps calling up NXT stars at random and brought back KO and RR to stir shit up.

While I'm glad that Ricochet, Black, Ciampa and Gargano are getting prime time pay, Vince is going to ruin them while trying to turn them into marketable names. We'll see Aleister Black Molasses, Gargano Cheese Bites, Ricochet Fidget Spinners, and Ciampionship belts.
This is also, I've been told, the first week that Bruce Pritchard was in charge of creative. I can't imagine he would have THAT much say in changing things this quickly, but he might have had a hand in some of the storytelling (i.e. pushing Kofi to Mania).

Did ya'll see how good Matt Hardy looked last night?!? If that's not a reason for all wrestlers to get 6 months off every other year or so then I don't know what else is.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

The word going around is that Vince was booking the WM mid-card and saw no talent he felt strongly about. Of course, being Vince, he blames it on the talent, not on the person constantly burying the talent. He's jobbed out the Raw Tag Team champions two weeks in a row, despite having The Ascension chowing down on catering in the back. You can tell from the booking VM is gobsmacked by the reaction Kofi is getting. How does a competent boss not know he's sitting on that? Joe, Styles, Andrade, etcetera and so on are all but lost (though I really like R-Truth getting some shine with another belt that's been degraded to obscurity).

ETA: In addition to Matt Hardy looking in his best shape in at least a decade if not longer, Kevin Owens is also down a good 20-25 lbs.

Last edited by D_Odds; 02-27-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:40 PM

Meanwhile....Ronda Rousey is showing what a shitbag she is on Twitter.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgg419 View Post
Looks like Bruce Pritchard is getting his old job back.

Thoughts?

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...rning.html?p=1
Dishing the dirt in shoot interviews is obviously not a career killer. Pritchard is more restrained than most, but he's said enough to torque off some folks.

"How much easier life would be if people asked outright and took no for an answer." --Annie Xmas
Old 03-01-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
All wrestlers are terrible people and you can't convince me otherwise
Depends on your standard, I guess. Jim Cornette's co-host once asked if there was anyone he worked with that was just a little...off. Cornette equivocated a while, then admitted that she has just described the entire business.

That said, I have never heard a mean word about Mick Foley. He has a falling-out with Ric Flair when the Nature Boy didn't handle Mick's "homeless" character well during Ric's tenure as lead booker, and Ric was subsequently upset that Foley didn't join the WWE crew in Flair's 2008 retirement fete, but that's as bad as I've heard.

"How much easier life would be if people asked outright and took no for an answer." --Annie Xmas
Old 03-02-2019, 12:18 AM

Eh, Flair has pulled a lot of shit in his life and gotten a million chances. I'm not surprised that there are people in the business who dislike him. I've never been a particularly big fan of his and for that matter, I've been pretty tired of him for the last 15 years or so. But the fucker went through every dime he ever had and needs to keep making more, so WWE keeps giving him more payouts rather than allowing him to die penniless.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:45 AM
Charter Member

Ted Dibiase is a stand-up guy by all accounts, as long as you can put up with his evangelism.

From my brief personal encounters with them, I'd say that John Morrison, Cody Rhodes, and Joey Ryan are good guys.

Last edited by Smapti; 03-02-2019 at 05:46 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StusBlues View Post
That said, I have never heard a mean word about Mick Foley. He has a falling-out with Ric Flair when the Nature Boy didn't handle Mick's "homeless" character well during Ric's tenure as lead booker, and Ric was subsequently upset that Foley didn't join the WWE crew in Flair's 2008 retirement fete, but that's as bad as I've heard.
If there was one guy I'd maybe amend my statement for...it's Foley. He seems to be one of the good ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
Ted Dibiase is a stand-up guy by all accounts, as long as you can put up with his evangelism.

From my brief personal encounters with them, I'd say that John Morrison, Cody Rhodes, and Joey Ryan are good guys.
The reason Ted is such an evangelist NOW is because he was going terrible things THEN. He's said as much himself and it part of his overall message.

I would say the modern day wrestlers are definitely better than the older guys in terms of behavior, but I'll still stick by my statement.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:01 AM

Michael Che and Colin Jost from SNL Weekend Update were on RAW last night. Normally, celebrity guests are pandering and lame, but Che and Jost seemed to "get it." Jost took on the douchebag role who went around mouthing off backstage. "That's easy. I can do that. You know this is fake, right?" Then, a surly Brawn Stroman held him up in the supervillain choke hold 3 feet off the ground.

STC, why the hate now? You and the missus got to go to free shows and meet & greet backstage. I don't recall you having a bad word to say about the wrestlers you met until now.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

This RAW left me flat, mostly because of HHH and Stephanie. Both those segments went FAR too long. Also, listening to Viktor told me why The Ascension aren't getting a push. He was soooo bad that I thought he had to be trying to be bad. Please let him have been trying to be bad. And did we really need to see another Natalya vs Ruby Riott match?
Old 03-05-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
STC, why the hate now? You and the missus got to go to free shows and meet & greet backstage. I don't recall you having a bad word to say about the wrestlers you met until now.
We never got meet & greets actually...and really only Impact was free. Although I do see what you mean. It's probably because it's never really come up too much before. I still love the product, but it seems like every wrestler is dating every other one and they're only together because they cheated on each other and it's all dirty. Honestly, it's probably because cheating on a relationship is a trigger for me and I automatically think lesser of people who participate in that (No it's not from Mrs. Cups...it's the girls before her).

I don't really bat an eyelash when an Uso gets pulled over for drinking, I think, "what a moron!" But when Tom Phillips is cheating on his fiancee I think "what a careless asshole!" I dunno...i'ts just a thing with me I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
This RAW left me flat, mostly because of HHH and Stephanie. Both those segments went FAR too long. Also, listening to Viktor told me why The Ascension aren't getting a push. He was soooo bad that I thought he had to be trying to be bad. Please let him have been trying to be bad. And did we really need to see another Natalya vs Ruby Riott match?
Not to mention the Rhonda/Becky/Charlotte thing is SO MUCH OVERBOOKING.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:55 AM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Beauty kills the beast. King Kong Bundy passes away at 61.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Witt View Post
Beauty kills the beast. King Kong Bundy passes away at 61.
He'll always be remembered for being Uncle Irwin on Married with Children. Al Bundy was an homage to King Kong Bundy, but on the show he was part of the Wanker clan. Oh yeah, he was an awesome heel to Hulk Hogan and also teamed with the late Big John Studd in some fun big-man tag team matches against Andre and Hillbilly Jim.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:16 PM

Bundy was one of my favorites. Something about him just made me laugh. I think it was his borderline crassness, like any moment he was going to let out a typhoon fart in somebody's face.

I remember in GCW he would talk trash to the Road Warriors. "You say you're from Chicago? You look like you're from San Francisco!"