Old 10-02-2015, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzeiger View Post
Too late for Ciampa. Early in the evening, he appeared on NXT, where people go who want to end up on the main WWE roster, an hour later he showed up on TNA, where people go after they are done with their time on the main WWE roster.
Ciampa's TNA run was taped in June, though, several months before these NXT tapings.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:41 AM

I bought Heenan's first book. His father abandoned his family, so he became the man of the house. He dropped out of school in 8th grade to work and support his family.

He said years later, he heard his father had died, but he had started a second family. Heenan took his wife to meet his younger brother, but he was extremely nervous about it. It sounds like a sitcom script at this point. He pretended to be lost and went to the guy's door asking for directions. He came back a short time later and said "Look, we're not really lost. I think you and I might be related." He met his young brother and his family and got to see pictures of his dad. He said from then on his brother and sister-in-law would come to the tapings wearing Bobby the Brain Heenan shirts.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:25 AM

Smackdown "Bit the Bullet" report 10/1

More Kane/Seth drama: Corporate Kane comes out in crutches, decides Seth is under too much stress, and will team him up with New-hoo Day-hee in the main event, so they can teach him the power of positivity. They will take on the Dudleyz and Demon Kane. Seth demands Corporate Kane sits at ringside. Yes, I thought Demon Kane would be a double. Who would they get to wear the mask and red suit? Colin Cassidy? Baron Corbin? Demon Finn Balor? A nameless indie?

Divas match: Team Bellas vs Team Bad. Finally. Da bitches had a hubris round before the match, each getting to talk trash on the mike, except for Tamina, who just kind of grunted. Naomi wore the weird glowy shoes. Sasha be bangin'. She just gets finer looking each week.

Tamina got to be the monster diva and no-sell team Bella offense. Naomi was the designated victim this match. Nice close with Sasha toppling Nikki with double-knees-to-the-back, then flip over for the Bank Statement tap-out.

Seth Rollins was doing his usual emo schtick backstage, when New-hoo Day-hee met up with him and started preaching the powah of positiviteh. They eventually got him to chant "I'm/The Man" while clapping, because clapping cures all ills. Funny segment.

Kevin Owens vs Ryback for the IC title: You know when the announcers start bloviating about how THE TITLE COULD CHANGE HANDS TONIGHT, it's not gonna happen. Bother contestants wind up outside the ring and throw each other onto hard surfaces. The referee counts, and Ryback makes it back in by 8. KO is about to enter the ring himself, then decides "Fuck it, I don't lose the belt on a count out" and does his typical bailout. I guess this means their PPV match will be a lumberjack match or something.

Neville and the Lucha Dragons vs Stardust and the Ascension: Cody gets to hang with all the recent NXT callups. No bowling ball strikes this time, but Callisto gets the pin on Konnor with Saline Del Sol. Cody's face is just about cleaned off as his opponents have his greasepaint smeared all over them.

Bray Wyatt faces down Roman Reigns: The Wyatts come to the ring and Bray procures the mike. Roman comes down through the stands and enters the ring. Bray gestures to Braun and Luke to stay back. He's about to deliver a sermon when Roman grabs the mike from him. The two have a staredown and Roman says "Hell in a Cell." That's what I like about this feud. Bray tries to mess with 2/3 Shield's heads, but they don't let him. Bray doesn't lose his cool. He just resolves to break their spirit later.

Seth and New-hoo Day-hee vs The Dudleyz: Corporate Kane is at ringside. After the Dudleyz are introduced, he orders he match to start. No Kane double. D-Von is thrown out of the ring and Kane stands up in front of him just as Seth does a suicide dive. Poor Kane, always the victim of Seth's domestic violence. A medic helps him backstage and Kane does the Smile of Evil. Sure enough, Demon Kane emerges a few minutes later and lays abuse on Seth. Seth hightails it and the Dudleyz take out Kofi with the 3D for the win. Kane then steps in and chokeslams everybody, including his teammates. OK, maybe I'm not so tired of Kane after all.

DEPP!
Old 10-02-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
I bought Heenan's first book. His father abandoned his family, so he became the man of the house. He dropped out of school in 8th grade to work and support his family.

He said years later, he heard his father had died, but he had started a second family. Heenan took his wife to meet his younger brother, but he was extremely nervous about it. It sounds like a sitcom script at this point. He pretended to be lost and went to the guy's door asking for directions. He came back a short time later and said "Look, we're not really lost. I think you and I might be related." He met his young brother and his family and got to see pictures of his dad. He said from then on his brother and sister-in-law would come to the tapings wearing Bobby the Brain Heenan shirts.
Thank you for the story Knowed Out. The WWE isnt as much fun without him.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

It's being reported that John Cena has been pulled from all events after HIAC until at least the end of the year, for "personal reasons".

Sounds like he'll be dropping the belt and taking an extended vacation, which he could certainly use considering how hard he works and how little time he takes off after injuries.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:10 PM

Hmm, I wonder if Nikki will be off it too or if this is him taking a few months off to think about the final days of his career and where he goes next in life.

Obviously he'll be back and have at least one more run at the title to break Flair's record in 2016.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

What is Prince Devitt doing in the Impact Zone?
Old 10-02-2015, 08:46 PM

Telling them to suck it apparently
Old 10-03-2015, 12:09 PM

Heenan also had some funny stories about Andre the Giant in his book.

Not to say Andre was mean, but he was used to getting his way because nobody wanted to piss him off. In his match with Hulk Hogan at WM III, both contestants rode to the ring on bucket arm rigs that technicians use to trim tree limbs. Andre told Heenan "I'm gonna go tip him over." Heenan said "Machine and all?" Andre said "Yeah." Heenan told Vince over their feed, so they rushed Hogan's entrance so Andre wouldn't get the opportunity.

Andre drank cans of beer is one swallow. They were like shotglasses to him. For pranks, Andre would pick up cars and move them down the street. Baron Von Raschke told Heenan Andre would get grumpy when there weren't enough villagers around to feed on.
Old 10-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Charter Member

WWE @ MSG: Glad I didn't pay to attend. All these are short TV matches. Nothing is given any time to develop. General rule - If the entrances and ring announcements take longer than the match, it isn't a good match.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:17 PM

re: MSG: At least it wasn't padded out with promos.

I hate cage matches. Numerous times Seth could have just fallen over the top of the cage wall and won, especially when Kane came out. "OMG! I'm too paralyzed with fear to fall over!"

Brock effectively squashed Big Show, which probably means BS is going to finish out his career jobbing to the stars, like Mark Henry is doing.

Since Cena is supposedly taking a sabbatical, is Sheamus going to take his place as top face? He's already in a sort-of feud with Seth, and now it looks like he and Rusev are going to mix it up.

Interesting development with Paige becoming the diva pariah. Is she going to be the crazy stalker bitch now? I'd like to see her in a wedding dress clutching a bouquet of stink weed and a trail of toilet paper coming out her petticoats.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Since Cena is supposedly taking a sabbatical
What are they going to do - have him get into another bar fight and have somebody stab his other kidney?
Old 10-04-2015, 12:50 PM

Great show except for the stupid cage match. So if Cena will be off for a while now he has to turn over the belt somehow.

Big Show and Lesnar were better than I thought even though it was a short event. I'll give Show credit for taking a couple of extra post-decision bumps.

I'm developing a like for KO. He's reminding me of Buddy Colt, perfectly content to win matches with an illegal move. Real heels don't care about honorable wins. He should add Buddy's thumb spike in the throat to his repertoire to make himself more a more dangerous threat.

Of course the Divas are showing how quickly what they've just gained can be taken away. I know they need to give the new hires some experience but it's time to get the title back in Paige's hands and give her some serious matches so the title has some credibility.

They've got good wrestlers like Dolph, Randy, and Cesaro with nothing to do already so why is Y2J back? I like the guy, but it's time he became an announcer or manager now if he wants to keep working the big time.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:54 PM
Charter Member

Just finished watching the replay. As a house show, this was good, but it really didn't need to be televised. As traditional as cage matches are in pro wrestling, I don't think I ever want to see one on TV again. All the spots where one guy is on top and the other one is "pulling" him back in, the camera close-ups make it obvious that he's climbing back in on his own. It's the pro wrestling equivalent of a boom mic in the shot - I know what I'm watching isn't real, but they should at least be trying to make it look like it's real. The entire "referee opening the door to let the guy out" thing is completely nonsensical as well - why would anyone ever try to climb over the cage if they can just tell Lil' Naitch to open the door for them? Why even bother having the cage at that point? It kinda made sense when they did it for Bray Wyatt because he's such a big guy that I don't know if he could climb over and out safely, but that's obviously not the case for either Seth or for "Big Match John" (a name which I'm pretty sure nobody other than JBL and Rich Brennan has ever used in an unironic context).

Owens/Jericho was fun, and so was Show/Lesnar. Dudleyz/New Day did the exact same finish they've been doing in their house show matches recently, and I guess I can't blame them for that, but ending the same title match on two televised shows in a row in the exact same way is just lazy, and yet another example of the problem I keep harping on. Logically, if this were a real sport, the ref would have sent Xavier off before he even rang the bell; letting him stick around to interfere just draws your attention to how artificial this is and how nothing matters. We better still get a tables match at HIAC.

Not really sure what the ladies' match was all about. Remember when there was a Divas Revolution for about fifteen minutes until Vince woke up from his afternoon nap, and suggested that the ladies should just call each other bitches and fight because they're jelly of each others' boyfriends? I guess we're not supposed to either, because we're back to the standard booking where nobody has any friends and face-heel is less relevant a distinction than snotty bitch-crazy bitch-lesbo bitch.

At least they combined Sheamus/Orton and Dolph/Rusev into a tag match instead of forcing us to watch both of those singles matches again for the zillionth time.

Last edited by Smapti; 10-04-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriPolar View Post
Great show except for the stupid cage match. So if Cena will be off for a while now he has to turn over the belt somehow.
You and I must have been watching different shows. Despite the weaknesses that crop up in all cage matches, I thought it was the best match of the show (even though everyone knew Cena was winning). Every other match on the card felt rushed.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

In a new interview this weekend, Daniel Bryan says his personal doctor has cleared him to wrestle, but WWE's doctor hasn't, so he's planning on getting a third opinion soon in the hopes that they'll let him back in the ring in time for WrestleMania season.

If WWE won't let him in the ring again, he says - wait for it - he's going to Mexico and he's going to wrestle in lucha libre.

He specifically mentioned that he thinks he'd fit in in CMLL, but the possibility that we might at some point see Bryan Danielson in Lucha Underground is just too tempting to even fantasize about.
Old 10-05-2015, 02:28 PM

Oh man, that'd piss me off.

I'm still holding hope that we don't see him until he's a "surprise" (since it'll clearly be leaked) entrant into the Royal Rumble this year.

He won't even have to win it really, just enter and get eliminated by whomever he will start a rivalry with
Old 10-05-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir T-Cups View Post
I'm still holding hope that we don't see him until he's a "surprise" (since it'll clearly be leaked) entrant into the Royal Rumble this year.

He won't even have to win it really, just enter and get eliminated by whomever he will start a rivalry with
He shouldn't win, if you ask me, as WWE would be making a major mistake by having him lose a title match, and booking him to win would almost certainly have to be the last match of the next WM - but it would also be a mistake not having the final match at the next WM be Undertaker's retirement match.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:48 PM

Honestly, if two out of three doctors fail to clear him, I'd prefer him not to wrestle anywhere.

In other news, after TNA's PPV last night, between TNA and WWE we have the Dudleys competing for tag team titles, Kane challenging for a World title, Matt Hardy winning a World title, and Al Snow competing in a #1 contender Battle Royale.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:47 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Honestly, if two out of three doctors fail to clear him, I'd prefer him not to wrestle anywhere.
From what I understand, WWE's doctor refusing to clear him is more political than medical. WWE is currently being sued by several retired wrestlers (Billy Jack Haynes and others whose names don't come to mind right now) alleging that the company has been negligent in dealing with concussion-related issues over the years, which it's pretty obvious is true (coughCHRISBENOITwheeze). The injury that sidelined Bryan back in April was a concussion, so keeping him out of action allows them to demonstrate that they're taking concussions seriously these days.

If a third doctor finds that Bryan's suffered so much brain damage over the years that he's at risk of CTE, then I would absolutely agree that he should retire - he's still a young man, and he could definitely find a place in commentary, or as a trainer or road agent. I don't believe that is the case in his instance, and I believe he's in it for the love of the game much more so than he's in it because he needs to be wrestling in order to pay his bills (looking at you, Kurt Angle), so if he wants to come back and the professionals say he's fit to come back, then I say let him.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:37 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

In other news, after TNA's PPV last night, between TNA and WWE we have the Dudleys competing for tag team titles, Kane challenging for a World title, Matt Hardy winning a World title, and Al Snow competing in a #1 contender Battle Royale.
The more things change...wait, things never change in wrestling.

Well, not completely true...Al Snow as a #1 contender might be a first.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
You and I must have been watching different shows. Despite the weaknesses that crop up in all cage matches, I thought it was the best match of the show (even though everyone knew Cena was winning). Every other match on the card felt rushed.
We just see things differently. I saw the cage match as pointlessly drawn out while the other matches proceeded at a pace suitable for the level of the performance. But that difference is ok, we both were entertained part of the time.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:35 AM

So is TNA dead or not?

They just wrapped up a PPV, and they were originally supposed to end with DA last month, but now that's been extended till year's end. Dixie Carter's "big announcement" is that they're doing some kind of promotional tour in India. Maybe she'll start wearing saris now?

To anybody who watched RAW, how was the sound quality for you? It sounded to me like they were broadcasting from inside a tin can. I got pissed off at seeing Luke Harper lose for the umpteenth time. He's my Cesaro.

I'm kind of torn about Kane. I like him as a figurehead/authority figure, the type who's outwardly cheerful and affable, but shows his vindictive side when the bosses aren't watching. I think he should retire from the ring and stay on as DOO, but they're setting him up for the reverse. Maybe he'll win HIAC then lose the title to Sheamus cashing in, so technically he gets to stay DOO.

Ex-TNA guy Gunner says he's in talks with WWE. I hope he gets in. He's a bearded tattooed brawler face who just looks badass and doesn't need designer attire or fabulous hair to stand out.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:34 AM

I think the only thing more boring than that Monday Night Football game last night...was RAW.

The only thing that really saved it was the ending which I loved loved loved. Make New Day seem like a truly dominant faction, almost a way of saying "We have fun and we're silly...but can still kick ass.".

I think it's funny that Kane has the "win-or-get-fired" stipulation because don't they technically lose their DOO either way? Kane either loses and gets fired, or he wins and thus has to wrestle to defend it and not do his job. My only negative about Kane is his stupid mask. He looks dumb in it and looks way more silly than when he wrestles shirtless/in pants. He should adopt the maskless Demon Kane look with the contacts and black pants. He looks like a weird Leatherface.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
So is TNA dead or not?

They just wrapped up a PPV, and they were originally supposed to end with DA last month, but now that's been extended till year's end. Dixie Carter's "big announcement" is that they're doing some kind of promotional tour in India. Maybe she'll start wearing saris now?
Life support. They have the timeslot for a couple more months, but they have not yet done any more TV tapings.

There are, apparently, several matches from previous tapings that never aired and they will combine those into some sort of show. To go along with this, they are running a twitter angle where EC3 is claiming he has a legal injunction to prevent Matt Hardy from showing up as champion on Impact.

So presumably they will use this in "backstage/office" segments to explain why their new World Heavyweight Champion isn't going to actually show up in the ring for the next month or more.

I can't imagine this is going to help their ratings any, so I'm presuming if any negotiations with Destination America are still ongoing, it's not a matter of ratings.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Life support. They have the timeslot for a couple more months, but they have not yet done any more TV tapings.

There are, apparently, several matches from previous tapings that never aired and they will combine those into some sort of show. To go along with this, they are running a twitter angle where EC3 is claiming he has a legal injunction to prevent Matt Hardy from showing up as champion on Impact.

So presumably they will use this in "backstage/office" segments to explain why their new World Heavyweight Champion isn't going to actually show up in the ring for the next month or more.
Yeah... about that: https://youtu.be/kyK0Mn6HkZA
Old 10-06-2015, 09:48 PM
Charter Member

Alright. So. Takeover 7: Aretha's Revenge. It's happening tomorrow, and business is gonna go down, and you better bet your bottom dollar on that. Time to predict some stuff.

* Bayley vs. Sasha Banks, 30-minute iron-man match for the ladies' title. Hey, main roster booking committee. You know that "Divas Revolution" that you keep insisting is happening, despite the fact that you're still booking all the ladies as crazy bitches who're defined by who their boyfriends/husbands/fathers are? Ur doin it rong. This is how you do it - a main-event match (has a womens' match ever main-evented a WWE card before? This may well be a first) which is doubtless going to be a barn-burner and push both competitors to bring out the best they've got. Bayley goes over here - Sasha is main roster now and she's staying there, but she's going to go out putting Bayley over like a boss. I don't expect it, but if they manage to find some way to work Izzy into the finish of the match, it'd be simply amazing.

* Finn Balor & Samoa Joe vs. the Mechanics. This is one of the semifinal matches in the Dusty Classic. Easy call - Finn & Joe go over here, the Mechanics simply aren't well-developed enough yet to be headlining.

* Baron Corbin & Rhino vs. Jason Jordan & Chad Gable. This is the other semifinal match. Either of these teams could work in the final, but since Jordan/Gable are faces and I'm already predicting Finn/Joe to win their match, Corbin/Rhino feels like a lock to win here.

* The Dusty Classic final match, which I'm predicting will be Finn/Joe vs. Corbin/Rhino. Ever since the tourney began, Finn and Joe have been booked in a way where it's obvious that they're going to turn on one another at some point. This will probably be where it happens. The heel team is going to win by taking advantage of their miscommunication, and Joe is going to turn heel on Finn afterward and set the stage for the two of them to have a title match at Takeover 8: An American Sports Entertainer In London.

Dustin and Cody are going to be making a rare out-of-character appearance (I.e. as themselves, not as Goldust or Stardust) to present the trophy to the winning team. It'll be a little grating to have them have to present the awards to a heel team, but it'll be touching all the same.

* Dana Brooke vs. Asuka. My web browser is freaking out on me every time I try to get Google to translate "Asuka wins LOL" into Japanese, so just assume that I've done so and pasted those characters into the space where you're reading this text instead.

* Apollo Nation vs. Tyler Breeze. It seems like Tyler has kind of inherited CJ Parker's spot, where it's his destiny to get jobbed out over and over again to whoever the new indie darling is. At least he has his many seasonal residences to retire to.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reluctant A. View Post
So, how did the planning for this go?

Matt, since our company is doomed and we're going to air basement tapes until our contract expires, we're going to let you win this tchotchke so long as you give it up afterwards. We'll pay you with whatever the pawn shop gives us for it.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
And to think, someone actually got paid to write that.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:09 AM

The oddest thing about Takeover tonight is that it's airing on the Network at 8:30. but according to my ticket the show starts at 6:30.

I don't doubt they'll give us a dark match to warm us up, but 2 hours early? Maybe it's not LIVE as it's so much "Live", meaning they do it live-to-tape and just plug it into the Network.

Mostly agree with the picks upthread except I think that JJ and Bagels go on to win the tournament after Joe or Finn turn. The only reason I think they need to win is that they are a legit tag team (vs one created on the spot) and they are tweener faces who can play heel for the match. At the very least I think it would be a mistake to give it to a created-just-for-the-tournament team.

Also the Bayley/Sasha match bugs me. I'm glad they're the main event, and I have no doubts it'll be a great match, but having the main roster guys come down to NXT all the time bugs me. It bugged me when KO did it, it bugs me that Sasha does it. They're on the main roster, they have no business or reason to come down and wrestle in the minor leagues because they're officially better than that. It's especially maddening that when they DO come down it's always for the title. Again, they're on the main roster...why do they want the title for NXT? It's like Mike Trout saying "Well I'm in contention for the AL MVP almost every year, so I'm going to go to AAA and win that one". Doesn't make sense. Just make Sasha say "You beat me, that makes me mad, so now I want revenge on the loss and want to beat you over and over again", and just take the title out of it.

All that being said we are excited for tonight and I'll give everyone a review on it tomorrow. Don't know what I'm wearing yet....something bright maybe...
Old 10-07-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smapti View Post
* Dana Brooke vs. Asuka. My web browser is freaking out on me every time I try to get Google to translate "Asuka wins LOL" into Japanese, so just assume that I've done so and pasted those characters into the space where you're reading this text instead.
How about

Asuka が勝利します (*^▽^*)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
The oddest thing about Takeover tonight is that it's airing on the Network at 8:30. but according to my ticket the show starts at 6:30.

I don't doubt they'll give us a dark match to warm us up, but 2 hours early? Maybe it's not LIVE as it's so much "Live", meaning they do it live-to-tape and just plug it into the Network
When I went to Raw a few years ago, the time on the ticket was 4 PM even though the show didn't go on the air until 5. We got one dark match (Zack Ryder vs. Rusev, I'll give you three guesses as to who won that one) and they taped a few crowd shots, and a few hype packages were shown on the Titantron, but that was about it for the first hour. I think WWE really just prefers to not have people still trying to find their seats after the show has begun.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds View Post
And to think, someone actually got paid to write that.
It's TNA. You are sadly mistaken if you think the person has been paid yet.

That and it was probably only $25.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:38 AM

I'm going to go with JJ Bagels unless they're somehow deciding to 'season' Corbin by teaming him with Rhino for a longer term run as a monster tag-team.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
* Bayley vs. Sasha Banks, 30-minute iron-man match for the ladies' title. Hey, main roster booking committee. You know that "Divas Revolution" that you keep insisting is happening, despite the fact that you're still booking all the ladies as crazy bitches who're defined by who their boyfriends/husbands/fathers are? Ur doin it rong.
I really haven't been watching wrestling at all, and nothing of NXT, but I finally watched Bayley/Sasha from Brooklyn last night and HOLY JESUS ON A POGO STICK! Are they always that good? That has to stand as one of the best wrestling matches, period, I've ever seen.

Makes me wonder if I should shell out the bucks for tonight's show....
Old 10-07-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodOmens View Post
I really haven't been watching wrestling at all, and nothing of NXT, but I finally watched Bayley/Sasha from Brooklyn last night and HOLY JESUS ON A POGO STICK! Are they always that good? That has to stand as one of the best wrestling matches, period, I've ever seen.

Sasha vs. Anyone is good. Sasha Banks is pretty much the best female wrestler going today.

Basically anything involving 'The Four Horsewomen' and/or Natalya working together is GOLD.

Oh, and I very much liked the NXT 24 where Sasha talks about how when they came in, they were told to dial it back and wrestle like Divas and they basically went "Um, No!"
Old 10-07-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
When I went to Raw a few years ago, the time on the ticket was 4 PM even though the show didn't go on the air until 5. We got one dark match (Zack Ryder vs. Rusev, I'll give you three guesses as to who won that one) and they taped a few crowd shots, and a few hype packages were shown on the Titantron, but that was about it for the first hour. I think WWE really just prefers to not have people still trying to find their seats after the show has begun.
I hear that, and it was basically the same when I went to RAW this last February but they ended up taping Superstars before it and had the intros and stuff. But this is a full 2 plus hours before the show. And they aren't taping anything beforehand because they're doing a new round of tapings for the show tomorrow.

Quote:

Frankly you could just sign up for the one month free trail. You'd get this show, the next round of tapings, hell in a cell, and you can check out the other stuff and just cancel if you don't like it. FTR all the snark about the product nonwithstanding Ms. Cups and I berry much enjoy the network and wouldn't want to be without it.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:54 AM

Watching Sasha I felt like I was having flashbacks to Randy Savage, and not just because of the sunglasses.

Who are the Horsewomen?
Old 10-07-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Watching Sasha I felt like I was having flashbacks to Randy Savage, and not just because of the sunglasses.

Who are the Horsewomen?
Sasha Banks
Bayley
Charlotte Flair
My future ex-wife, Becky Lynch.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I really haven't been watching wrestling at all, and nothing of NXT, but I finally watched Bayley/Sasha from Brooklyn last night and HOLY JESUS ON A POGO STICK! Are they always that good? That has to stand as one of the best wrestling matches, period, I've ever seen...
NXT has consistently put on great women's matches. If you try out the Network, go back through the Takeover specials - Paige/Emma, Natalya/Charlotte, and Charlotte/Bayley are all classics.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:50 AM

I have the WWE network and consider it worthwhile for NXT alone. Yes, the girls are main event level talent, and they're not bogged down by silly Diva storylines. When I first saw NXT, I thought these people were all Daniel Bryans. NXT is like a high-production Indie show.

May as well watch the main roster PPVs while you're at it. There's a few gems amidst the mediocrity. Swerved is a fun show. I've watched a few PPVs from past WWE eras, and there's not nearly as much action as today. The fake punches are much more evident. It is interesting to watch predecessors like Cowboy Bob Orton and see the moves he passed down to son Randy. The ECW PPVs are definitely the inspiration for today's more hard-core shows.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
Sasha vs. Anyone is good. Sasha Banks is pretty much the best female wrestler going today.
I'll take the Pepsi challenge with Nicole Matthews over Sasha Banks. Hell, having seen plenty of her work outside of WWE, I'd still take Rebecca Knox/Becky Lynch first, in terms of ring work. But, Sasha Banks is damned good! She may be the most charismatic Diva since Trish Stratus.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I
Frankly you could just sign up for the one month free trail. You'd get this show, the next round of tapings, hell in a cell, and you can check out the other stuff and just cancel if you don't like it.
Now that right there is genius, and sounds like a fine use of an evening.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:12 PM

Remember how i didnt know why they wanted us there so early? Still dont as we are literally still just sitting outside. Thank the lord they sell snacks for a buck...
Old 10-07-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
My future ex-wife, Becky Lynch.
Quote:
I'd still take Rebecca Knox/Becky Lynch first
Old 10-07-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
So, how did the planning for this go?

Matt, since our company is doomed and we're going to air basement tapes until our contract expires, we're going to let you win this tchotchke so long as you give it up afterwards. We'll pay you with whatever the pawn shop gives us for it.
Even more amusing--not only did this make the championship match largely irrelevant, it made the #1 contender's match irrelevant as well, as it appears they are going to cut all those pre-taped matches into some sort of massive championship tournament.

I mean I'd kind of feel bad for the people who paid for the PPV, except that it's only a couple thousand people, and quite frankly if you're buying a TNA PPV at this point, it's your own damn fault...
Old 10-07-2015, 07:34 PM

Holy Shit. That was one helluva match. Bagels is SO over. And he made Baron Corbin look good at the end. Jordan is pretty fucking awesome too.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:39 PM

Asuka's gonna kill you...
Old 10-07-2015, 08:12 PM

Was hoping for a Venom entrance from Balor. Is he still doing that?
Old 10-08-2015, 07:01 AM

#ironwoman. One of the best matches I've ever seen, period.