Old 10-03-2018, 12:14 PM

"Wrecked" - Tv Show

Hi _ Is anybody else watching? I really have enjoyed this show- espeically how it played with the 'Lost' mythos in the first season. Anyway, I had to watch last night's bloody finale with the sound off. Can anyone fill me in with details? Any news on whether it's renewed or whether that's the end of the show? Thanks in advance
Old 10-03-2018, 12:19 PM

We're watching it, and I enjoy it, but we haven't even finished the first season yet. Sorry.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:42 PM

I don't know if it's been renewed. I would guess it will be, but I don't know.

There were some funny lines last night, but most of the humor was visual, so if you "saw" it, you "saw" the good parts. But the plane crash survivors took on the hunters with lots of sarcasm and sass. But then dirty hippie stole the chopper and they are now still stuck on the island because the hunters smashed the radio.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:47 PM
Charter Member

I saw the finale today. As said, there was a lot of back and forth in the dialog that you would have missed with the sound off. I don't know why you had the sound off but next time, try watching with closed captions enabled.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:43 AM

I liked the first couple of seasons well enough; they weren't brilliant, but they had their moments. I'll probably watch Season 3 when I have the time.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:43 AM

...Rhys Darby is probably the most typecast actor in Hollywood. I think its hilarious. Even when he featured in an episode of the X-Files he doesn't loose his kiwi accent, and they didn't bother to even explain it away.

And Rhys Darby plays himself again in this series and I love every second of it. There are two explicitly NZ jokes in the series that he must have had a hand in: first was the "Slice of Heaven" gag: the song is a NZ anthem, we all know it, and we all can sing along with it, and I nearly died when they started singing it.

And the second was one of the flashback scenes back to "New Zealand" (that I don't think really was New Zealand) where he is cycling down the road past a sign that says "Plimmer Steps," a Wellington icon, a place name that nobody would recognize unless you are a Wellingtonian.

Suffice to say: Steve is my favourite character. And I love that we have a programme on TV that doesn't take itself too seriously. And I love that the network that commissioned this programme took a chance on a couple of newbie showrunners: its why IMHO the series (like Final Space) feels so fresh.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:40 AM

I enjoy the show quite a bit. Nice zany fun!
Old 10-15-2018, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Bumping because I had DVRed the entire season and just finished watching over the weekend. I was a big fan of LOST, up until the last season, so I like the way this show subverts a lot of tropes.

I did find it interesting that not one but two characters got shot with an arrow (including one gut shot) and survived, but one of the bad guys got shot with a crossbow and apparently died immediately. Oh well it's a comedy, I try not to take it too seriously.

(On a related note, I was watching some reruns of "The Guest Book" over the weekend and they also had an episode where someone gets shot with a crossbow. Someone at TBS must really like bows and arrows!)
Old 01-19-2019, 11:35 AM

I got around to watching Season 3 of "Wrecked" and I thought it was pretty funny. I also liked how the season was more tightly focused around a single plot line (the manhunt).

Steve is a great character, but I think Todd has the most priceless lines and I enjoyed the callback to his favourite HBO show: "Ballers" (not "Game of Thrones").