View Poll Results: If Mia never overdoses, does she and Vince Vega end up banging?
Yes 15 13.89%
No 91 84.26%
I want to fight the hypothetical... 2 1.85%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2019, 04:04 AM
Charter Member

Does Vince Vega sleep with Mia Wallace?

In a special director's cut of Pulp Fiction, seen only by us as we read these words, Vega's bag of heroin falls out of his pocket and ends up underneath the front seat of his car while Vince is driving Mia Wallace home.

They go in the Wallaces, Vega goes to the bathroom, Mia looks for a lighter, finds it... and nothing else, as the baggie is in the car.

Vincent Vega comes out of the bathroom... and that's where the deleted scenes ended.

So... in this alternate Pulp Fiction, do they end up banging?

Public poll as always.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:58 AM

No. Vincent was too scared of Marcellus Wallace to even think about banging his wife. Hell, Tony Roccamora got thrown off a balcony just for giving her a foot massage. Vincent don't need no speech impediment.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:24 AM
Charter Member

Deleted

Last edited by mbh; 01-20-2019 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Next time, read the OP before posting.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

My gut answer is no, but only because of your thread title. I read it and was a bit confused so I came into the thread with that answer already in my head. If you has asked 'Would Vincent Vega have slept with Mia?", that would have been different.

Like Tim said, Vincent would have been terrified to do that. In fact, when he's dropping her off, right before she ODs, he gives himself a little pep talk about just having a quick drink and leaving, specifically so that nothing happens. And, he knows there's cameras inside the house so it can be safely assumed that Marcellus would have found out about it if he reviewed the tapes.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:57 AM

I feel like Mia's charm, beauty and all-around desirability had sort of a magical quality, and Vince, like any other man Mia set her sights on, would've been unable to resist. I have no evidence to support my theory, just seems like a character trait Tarantino would create. Plus it just dooms Vince, no matter what happens.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:20 AM
Charter Member

A smart man wouldn't lay a finger on Marsellus Wallace's wife. But Vincent wasn't a smart man.

And Mia liked living in vicarious danger - she knew Marsellus would get angry at her for cheating but ultimately he'd forgive her and take out his anger on Vincent.

Even Marsellus was probably unconsciously aware of what was going on. He set up the situation with Mia and Vincent. It was probably a pattern in the Wallace marriage. Mia would flirt with some other man, Marsellus would get angry, Marsellus would get Medieval on the man, and then Marsellus and Mia would have hot make-up sex.

So I'm saying yes. Mia would have pushed it for the thrill and Vincent wouldn't have been smart enough to walk away. Jules saw it coming.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

No. Vince is far too afraid of Marcellus Wallace to fall into that trap.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. Mortiss View Post
No. Vincent was too scared of Marcellus Wallace to even think about banging his wife. Hell, Tony Roccamora got thrown off a balcony just for giving her a foot massage. Vincent don't need no speech impediment.
You heard Marsellus threw Rocky Horror out of a four-story window because he massaged her feet? And you believed that?
Old 01-20-2019, 10:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Asking Questions View Post
You heard Marsellus threw Rocky Horror out of a four-story window because he massaged her feet? And you believed that?
Yes.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:53 AM

I’ll fight the hypothetical. I’ve always assumed that Mia made a mistake and thought the powder was cocaine. What if instead she had used some cocaine as she intended? That might have made her more likely to want to “continue the party” and try to seduce Vincent.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:58 AM
Charter Member

Mia would have tried, but Vincent was too afraid to go along with it. He might not be the smartest hammer in the bag, but he's not that dumb, and he was already on edge about it for the whole date.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlikTheBlue View Post
I’ll fight the hypothetical. I’ve always assumed that Mia made a mistake and thought the powder was cocaine.
That's exactly what the commentary on the DVD said, as I recall. Supposedly heroin is commonly transported in balloons (remember Eric Stoltz said he was out of balloons, and was a baggie all right?). So she thought the baggie had cocaine and got a nasty surprise.

But I think it's a waste of time speculating on alternatives to Tarrantino's stories. He is meticulous about story and has said he would not release a director's cut because he did what he wanted the first time.

Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie of all time and I don't want to hear about no motherfuckin' iffs! All I want to hear from your ass is, you ain't got no problem Llama - I'm on the muthafucka. Now go in that thread, chill them ***s out and wait for the Mods, who should be coming DIRECTLY.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:26 AM
Charter Jays Fan

Vincent is clearly extremely attracted to Mia and has already specifically decided he's not going to sleep with her - before she snorts the heroin. No, he doesn't have sex with her.

I accidentally hit yes, though. Fortunately, the nays have it by a mile anyway.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlikTheBlue View Post
I’ll fight the hypothetical. I’ve always assumed that Mia made a mistake and thought the powder was cocaine. What if instead she had used some cocaine as she intended? That might have made her more likely to want to “continue the party” and try to seduce Vincent.
She did assume it was coke, but ended up with heroin instead. She had every intention, even before she found it, to 'continue the party'. She turned on music, she kept his coat on, they came back to her house laughing and a bit flirty. She had been trying to seduce him all night, but he had his shields up. Even if he didn't have any coke on him, she may very well have just done more from her own stash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama Llogophile View Post
That's exactly what the commentary on the DVD said, as I recall. Supposedly heroin is commonly transported in balloons (remember Eric Stoltz said he was out of balloons, and was a baggie all right?). So she thought the baggie had cocaine and got a nasty surprise.
The baggie is the reason she thought it was coke, but it was also very white (as opposed to brown or black tar).

QT also made the point of showing her doing coke before they left the house and at Jack Rabbit Slims. It's not exactly a Chekhov's gun, but he was making sure we knew that she likes it. This wasn't a 'hey, I've always wanted to try blow' moment for her.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:39 PM
BANNED

Quote:
^^^ This. Vincent went home and says he was going to jack off. Mia was ready for the action.

On a separate topic, was it Vincent who keyed Butch's car? I say yes.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Erudite View Post
On a separate topic, was it Vincent who keyed Butch's car? I say yes.
You have it backwards, but yes, and confirmed by QT.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:03 PM

I always thought they did sleep together. Or, at least, she sucked his dick. What's that stuff that comes out of her mouth?
Old 01-20-2019, 06:05 PM
Charter Member

Vomit, I think.

Last edited by JohnT; 01-20-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:25 PM
Friend of Cecil
Charter Member

Quote:
Hell, Tony Roccamora got thrown off a balcony just for giving her a foot massage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
I feel like Mia's charm, beauty and all-around desirability had sort of a magical quality, and Vince, like any other man Mia set her sights on, would've been unable to resist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey P View Post
QT also made the point of showing her doing coke before they left the house and at Jack Rabbit Slims.
Right after she does the coke there is that intense close up following her feet...
Old 01-20-2019, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
Vomit, I think.
$5 dollar milkshake vomit!

CMC fnord!
Old 01-20-2019, 08:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickJay View Post
Vincent is clearly extremely attracted to Mia and has already specifically decided he's not going to sleep with her - before she snorts the heroin.
Sure, Vincent was telling himself that - because he knew it was a bad idea and was trying to talk himself out of doing it. He was able to convince himself to do the smart thing while he was in another room but he would have crumbled as soon as he was back with Mia.

Vincent was a screw-up. He needed people like Jules or Marsellus Wallace or Winston Wolf to follow him around and fix his mistakes. On his own, he would have slept with his boss's wife or left his gun out in the kitchen while he was taking a toilet break.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nemo View Post
Sure, Vincent was telling himself that - because he knew it was a bad idea and was trying to talk himself out of doing it. He was able to convince himself to do the smart thing while he was in another room but he would have crumbled as soon as he was back with Mia.

Vincent was a screw-up. He needed people like Jules or Marsellus Wallace or Winston Wolf to follow him around and fix his mistakes. On his own, he would have slept with his boss's wife or left his gun out in the kitchen while he was taking a toilet break.
Vincent goes to the bathroom three times in that movie, and every time he does something really, really bad happens.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:55 PM
Domo Arigato Mister Moderato

It's the trashy novel he's reading that does it. He reads pulp fiction and it gets him killed.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:46 AM

Vincent’s self instruction in the mirror to drink his drink, go home, and beat off, would have lasted as long as Mia initiating a slow ‘dance’ and a kiss to the music. Little Nemo’s description of the situation and Mia & Marcellus’s marriage is spot on IMO.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, I think Vincent and Mia would have done it. The clues:

1. She's an Elvis girl. (Those who have seen the deleted scenes understand this).
2. She was willing to coke up after they arrived home - not the actions of a person who thinks the party is about to end.
3. Vega is stupid.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance View Post
It's the trashy novel he's reading that does it. He reads pulp fiction and it gets him killed.
He got killed because he ignored the Sign From God. Jules didn't, and he survived.

Now that would have been a TV show. Jules Winnfield walking the earth like Kwai Chang Caine, saving people righteously.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Mia would have tried, but Vincent was too afraid to go along with it. He might not be the smartest hammer in the bag, but he's not that dumb, and he was already on edge about it for the whole date.
It's not a date!
Old 01-21-2019, 10:28 AM

Yeah! Catch up!
Old 01-21-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot Arm View Post
Vincent goes to the bathroom three times in that movie, and every time he does something really, really bad happens.
This is key. Vincent has a bad case of the craps. Even if Mia came on to him, he wouldn't be up for it.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

No.. V.V. thought he COULD if he wanted to, but he gave himself the psych-up talk in the bathroom that he would keep it in his pants. He knew all too well the consequences of crossing the big man.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:11 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
This is key. Vincent has a bad case of the craps. Even if Mia came on to him, he wouldn't be up for it.
Ha! Ignorance Fought! After reading through this thread, you guys have changed my mind. V.V. is a fuck-up and would have not have been able to say no if Mia had pursued him.

Warm ... warmer ... disco.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:30 PM
Charter Member

I think that's key.

If Mia seduces him, Vega is going to be thrown off the 8th floor, not the fourth.

If Mia doesn't act receptive, Vega doesn't sleep with her.

I don't think Vega would have pursued a reluctant Mia, but he would have been willing to be caught by her.

Last edited by JohnT; 01-24-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-24-2019, 12:37 PM
Voodoo Adult (Slight Return)
Charter Member

I'm just glad that by not sleeping with her he won himself a long, happy life.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:12 PM

I feel like Vega is so doomed in this movie that he would never get the pleasure of doing it with her.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:10 PM
BANNED

Wild theory. What is Mr. Wallace was testing Vince? And if he passes, he's gets a promotion of sorts?
Old 01-24-2019, 04:13 PM
Charter Member

Interesting, but if he gets bumped to Jules's job, that's already open by attrition.

Mia wasn't concerned about the cameras when she returned home after OD'ing, by the way.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:33 PM

I voted 'no', but the yessers in the thread have convinced me I was wrong. She wanted to play with him, and he was too dumb to walk away.
Old 01-24-2019, 04:46 PM

Vince is a gangster. His whole identity is being a part of Marsellus's crew. He would be lost without it. Tempted as he may be, he would not betray his boss.

- seen on a bumper sticker in Sacramento Ca
Old 01-24-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Chance View Post
I think the toaster deserves a little blame alongside reading Modesty Baise.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typo Negative View Post
Vince is a gangster. His whole identity is being a part of Marsellus's crew. He would be lost without it. Tempted as he may be, he would not betray his boss.
There are people who say "This is stupid. So I'm not going to do it." And there are people who say "This is stupid. So tomorrow I'm going to regret having done it." Vincent was definitely in the latter group.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:10 AM

VV does seem to have a type. Mia and Jody but not Trudi. Blonde wives of people in the gangsta business.

But once Lance pointed out that Jody was his wife, VV let it drop.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftg View Post
VV does seem to have a type. Mia and Jody but not Trudi. Blonde wives of people in the gangsta business.
Mia Wallace was about as not-blonde as you can get. And Vincent's description of Jody was "Which one's Trudi? The one with all the shit in her face?"
Old 01-25-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enright3 View Post
V.V. is a fuck-up ...
Look at his track record.

Completely mishandled the briefcase retrieval. They both would have been killed if it wasn't for a) the bad shooting or b) divine intervention. Did they even have an idea of how many people were there? All Jules wanted to do was be a bad ass, instead of sticking to the job at hand, and Vincent lost focus.

Shot Marvin in the head. That alone should get him "fired" (in whatever manner such things are done) from Marcellius' crew.

Pissed off Butch for no reason except he views himself as a bad ass. Look what that got him.

And of course, getting himself killed. Poor planning of the stakeout, and poor execution.

eta His brother wasn't much better. Maybe papa Vega dropped them both on their heads as infants.

Last edited by Just Asking Questions; 01-25-2019 at 11:28 AM.