Old 09-14-2017, 08:40 AM

He should've fired Sessions when he had the chance and I wish the Dems would have encouraged the move when he was considering it instead of freaking out about the plot to fire Mueller. There would've been time to block that move AFTER Sessions was out the door.

Because Sessions and Trump are NOT on the same page with DACA. Session wants it repealed, he wants those kids deported and he will stop at nothing. These 10 AGs that are suing the government over DACA were put up to it by Sessions and he's coaching them and leading their efforts.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

Smapti , you made pretty much the same point as Septimus did in the Clusterfuck thread and as I noted there, within the past hour I received these two alerts:

CNN: Trump Denies DACA Deal, disputes claims by Pelosi and Schumer

Business Insider: Trump says he's 'fairly close' to deal on 'Dreamers' says 'the wall will come later'.

49-dimensional chess indeed!
Old 09-14-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Hedonia View Post
He should've fired Sessions when he had the chance and I wish the Dems would have encouraged the move when he was considering it instead of freaking out about the plot to fire Mueller. There would've been time to block that move AFTER Sessions was out the door.

Because Sessions and Trump are NOT on the same page with DACA. Session wants it repealed, he wants those kids deported and he will stop at nothing. These 10 AGs that are suing the government over DACA were put up to it by Sessions and he's coaching them and leading their efforts.
For the Democrats - what's the downside to having Donald and Sessions at war with each other? Why would we want Donald and some mystery AG cooperating (at least temporarily, when Donald's mental condition makes him forget what position he was promoting at the start of his tweets?)

What on earth makes you think that the next AG would be less of a racist than all the other people Donald surrounds himself with?

Donald's really only flirting with Chuck & Nancy because he's mad at Mitch McConnell. How would it benefit the Democrats to help smooth out the Republican machine?

It's a lovely day - confusion to the enemy!
Old 09-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Meanwhile, back at the legislative dealmaking ranch: I'm sure Schumer and Pelosi are just frikkin delighted at being led along by the Twit In Chief to believe in a deal strongly enough to go public with it, only to have our god emperor make fools of them the very next day; sure is a great way for 45* to encourage getting Dem votes on anything in the future, eh?
Old 09-14-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyTeddyFreddy View Post
Meanwhile, back at the legislative dealmaking ranch: I'm sure Schumer and Pelosi are just frikkin delighted at being led along by the Twit In Chief to believe in a deal strongly enough to go public with it, only to have our god emperor make fools of them the very next day; sure is a great way for 45* to encourage getting Dem votes on anything in the future, eh?
They just made a deal with Trump last week, so they have all the credibility in their claims. (I figure he said something positive but noncommittal.) Plus the announcement angered Trump's base and forces him to flail around taking both sides of the issue simultaneously; if anyone was made a fool of here it wasn't Nancy Pelosi.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:25 AM
Charter Member

Yeh, I'd believe them over him in a New York minute. And I still think they're pretty pissed at him this morning -- not that they harbor any illusions about his integrity, but still....
Old 09-14-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Yeh, I'd believe them over him in a New York minute. And I still think they're pretty pissed at him this morning -- not that they harbor any illusions about his integrity, but still....
Funny, but during the Republican primary he boasted about his ability to work with the Democratic leadership. The other Republicans criticized him for that.
Quote:
"I think I'm going to be able to get along with Pelosi — I've always had a good relationship with Nancy Pelosi," Trump said Tuesday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," referring to the House minority leader.

"Reid's going to be gone. I've always had a decent relationship with Reid," Trump said, referring to Harry Reid (D-Nev.), the Senate minority leader. "I always had a great relationship with Harry Reid."

Trump said he thought he'd get along with "just about everybody," including Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), likely to be the next Senate Democratic leader, who Trump said he was "close to ... in many in ways."
Old 09-14-2017, 11:42 AM

Donald Trump boasts about something he's pulled directly out of his ass. Film at 11!
Old 09-14-2017, 11:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrustus View Post
Funny, but during the Republican primary he boasted about his ability to work with the Democratic leadership. The other Republicans criticized him for that.
Heh. Well, he's certainly shown the quality of that ability today, eh?
Old 09-14-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
From Chuck & Nancy's perspective, it doesn't really matter if there's a private deal or not. They can't trust Donald's words on anything. In fact, I suspect they didn't believe Donald's promises at dinner, which is why they both rushed out and announced that they totally have a deal. They clearly coordinated that.

Making that public announcement puts Donald on the spot. Now he either has to piss off his racist fans or bear the brunt of blowing up his own deals. All Donald wants to do is make deals. Now someone is offering him a deal and he has to blow it up himself! Tragic.

Plus - now the Democrats have cover with Donald! They can say "Hey, Donald, we tried to do a deal with you and you backed out. Call us if you want to get serious".

It's just one more thing that's going to drive a wedge between Donald and the Republicans in Congress when they try to make him live up to his campaign promises. Meanwhile - Breitbart is calling him "Amnesty Don" and Ann Coulter is rooting for him to be impeached.

In then end, putting public pressure on Donald to make a deal - any deal - is more likely to get results for Nancy & Chuck than trying to play discreet.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico
But some Republicans accused Trump of backing away from his core campaign promises. Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) said if the deal is true, the "Trump base is blown up, destroyed, irreparable and disillusioned beyond repair. No promise is credible."
Gee, who would have thought that Donald Trump's promises were not credible? Inconceivable!
Old 09-15-2017, 09:35 AM

Quite the Twitter eruption this morning. Guess he got bored with patting himself on the back for the hurricane relief effort.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Kabong View Post
Quite the Twitter eruption this morning. Guess he got bored with patting himself on the back for the hurricane relief effort.
His tweets are just so weird, given what he can do. If he wants to enact a different, harsher "travel ban", he can do that (he'll have to defend it in court, but that's a given anyway). Did he just forget that he's the President?

If he wants to whine about ESPN, okay I guess, he can't do anything about that directly.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrosio Spinola View Post
His tweets are just so weird, given what he can do. If he wants to enact a different, harsher "travel ban", he can do that (he'll have to defend it in court, but that's a given anyway). Did he just forget that he's the President?
Exactly; also, this is why his Policy-by-Tweet tactic is so stupid. He's apparently reacting to the fizzled bombing attempt on the London Underground a few hours ago. We don't have any info on who might have carried out the attack, so who, exactly, does Mr. Trump want to ban from traveling to the US now? Muslims (again)? Anyone traveling from the UK? Persons suspected of riding the Underground?

Quote:
If he wants to whine about ESPN, okay I guess, he can't do anything about that directly.
Well, clearly he'd like to. I have to be impressed, however, if large numbers of his base are really so upset that they are willing to give up their daily Sportcenter fix. Somehow I don't see that happening.

Last edited by El_Kabong; 09-15-2017 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Exactly; also, this is why his Policy-by-Tweet tactic is so stupid. He's apparently reacting to the fizzled bombing attempt on the London Underground a few hours ago. We don't have any info on who might have carried out the attack, so who, exactly, does Mr. Trump want to ban from traveling to the US now? Muslims (again)? Anyone traveling from the UK? Persons suspected of riding the Underground?
Riding the underground does sound pretty nefarious. I don't know that I would want anyone like that entering into the country. Why, they may go so far as to advocate for mass transit!
Old 09-15-2017, 11:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merneith View Post
Now someone is offering him a deal and he has to blow it up himself! Tragic.
Surely you mean "Sad!"
Old 09-15-2017, 04:42 PM

Quote:
From Chuck & Nancy's perspective, it doesn't really matter if there's a private deal or not. They can't trust Donald's words on anything. In fact, I suspect they didn't believe Donald's promises at dinner, which is why they both rushed out and announced that they totally have a deal. They clearly coordinated that.

Making that public announcement puts Donald on the spot. Now he either has to piss off his racist fans or bear the brunt of blowing up his own deals. All Donald wants to do is make deals. Now someone is offering him a deal and he has to blow it up himself! Tragic.

Plus - now the Democrats have cover with Donald! They can say "Hey, Donald, we tried to do a deal with you and you backed out. Call us if you want to get serious".

It's just one more thing that's going to drive a wedge between Donald and the Republicans in Congress when they try to make him live up to his campaign promises. Meanwhile - Breitbart is calling him "Amnesty Don" and Ann Coulter is rooting for him to be impeached.

In then end, putting public pressure on Donald to make a deal - any deal - is more likely to get results for Nancy & Chuck than trying to play discreet.
This sort of thing is the upside of having Donald instead Pence. Pence wouldn't even have dinner with Chuck & Nancy. He wouldn't even flirt with the enemy or pretend to have a deal. He would continue the gridlock of the past decade.

Donald doesn't have any principles, Republican or otherwise. He just wants people to LIKE him and vote for him. He wants his name to be on the front page and on everyone's lips. He doesn't care how it happens.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
This sort of thing is the upside of having Donald instead Pence. Pence wouldn't even have dinner with Chuck & Nancy.
Well, not Nancy, anyway.
Old 09-15-2017, 07:01 PM

Quote:

I read a report that after Trump berated, excoriated, belittled, insulted, and humiliated him in front of the rest of the WH staff, Sessions wrote a resignation letter - and Trump rejected his resignation.

Call me confused. Why didn't Sessions then simply write another letter - with copies to the media, along the lines of ...

Dear Resident Chump,

I fucking QUIT. Fuck you and anyone that looks like you. I fucking quit and you can fucking reject THAT, you cheeto looking rat bastard. Now take this letter and fucking choke on it.

Respectfully
The Gollum Looking Guy What Just Fucking Quit Your Sorry Ass.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemur866 View Post
Gee, who would have thought that Donald Trump's promises were not credible? Inconceivable!
I know, right?
Old 09-15-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG1 View Post
I read a report that after Trump berated, excoriated, belittled, insulted, and humiliated him in front of the rest of the WH staff, Sessions wrote a resignation letter - and Trump rejected his resignation.

Call me confused. Why didn't Sessions then simply write another letter - with copies to the media, along the lines of ...

Dear Resident Chump,

I fucking QUIT. Fuck you and anyone that looks like you. I fucking quit and you can fucking reject THAT, you cheeto looking rat bastard. Now take this letter and fucking choke on it.

Respectfully
The Gollum Looking Guy What Just Fucking Quit Your Sorry Ass.

Sessions is EXACTLY where he wants to be. I suspect he will put up with anything from Trump, including having his crotch grabbed, for the opportunity to return civil rights in this country back to pre-1964.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:41 AM

Quote:
For the Democrats - what's the downside to having Donald and Sessions at war with each other? Why would we want Donald and some mystery AG cooperating (at least temporarily, when Donald's mental condition makes him forget what position he was promoting at the start of his tweets?)

What on earth makes you think that the next AG would be less of a racist than all the other people Donald surrounds himself with?

Donald's really only flirting with Chuck & Nancy because he's mad at Mitch McConnell. How would it benefit the Democrats to help smooth out the Republican machine?

It's a lovely day - confusion to the enemy!
I like the discord but I want to see Sessions gone. And I think the next guy will probably be less racist than Sessions because unless he picks David Duke it'll be hard to find someone more racist. But it's more than that, Sessions is also brutally efficient and really good and getting things done. Which sucks when what is getting done is backwards. And generally evil. Declining to defend DACA is one thing, arranging for a bunch of people to sue you just so you could decline to defend it is on a whole different level. I'd rather see Trump in an office catfight with Chris Christie.

Quote:
.......People carrying buckets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Kitchen View Post
Well, not Nancy, anyway.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:54 AM

It wasn't a tweet but I guess an email from the Trump Campaign to their supporters: https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rump-text6.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.147318dbc211

For those who don't feel like clicking it's about the Wall and they want you to contribute $2 to get it built. I smell more MAGA hats burning and, despite the toxins being released, it has a delicious tone.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymage View Post
It wasn't a tweet but I guess an email from the Trump Campaign to their supporters: https://img.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rump-text6.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.147318dbc211

For those who don't feel like clicking it's about the Wall and they want you to contribute $2 to get it built. I smell more MAGA hats burning and, despite the toxins being released, it has a delicious tone.
Yes, donate money despite the fact that we have no evidence that previous donations were donated to their intended recipients.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:15 PM

There were previous donations? From Mexico, surely. I hear they're the ones who are paying for it. Them, or apparently Trump's Chumps.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:19 PM

Trump says shut down the Internet so terrorists can't communicate with each other.

Does he not remember all the businesses he says he supports use Internet to communicate too? His supporters do as well, but they like it when he shits on them. They just keep lining up to take the place of whoever got fired ahead of them. Logic doesn't matter as long as he sounds tough and determined. DRINK THE KOOL-AID BITCHES!!!
Old 09-16-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Trump says shut down the Internet so terrorists can't communicate with each other.

Does he not remember all the businesses he says he supports use Internet to communicate too?!
Don't be silly. He just wants to shut down the internet for the terrorists. So if you look like a terrorist, you get your internet membership card revoked.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1953 View Post
Don't be silly. He just wants to shut down the internet for the terrorists. So if you look like a terrorist, you get your internet membership card revoked.
Not to mention, it's simply a matter of talking to Bill Gates, who, as we all know, runs the Internet (not that lying liar Al Gore).

Last edited by El_Kabong; 09-16-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:12 PM

Apparently you haven't heard that Bill Gates has already called Trump and said that this is the greatest idea ever.
And it serves those terrorists right, after all they don't even pay their internet taxes.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneBill View Post
Apparently you haven't heard that Bill Gates has already called Trump and said that this is the greatest idea ever.
And it serves those terrorists right, after all they don't even pay their internet taxes.
They buy from Amazon? Just pull the sales records!
Old 09-17-2017, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneBill View Post
I get their LinkedIn updates all the time.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:31 AM

What now?

"I spoke with President Moon of South Korea last night. Asked him how Rocket Man is doing. Long gas lines forming in North Korea. Too bad!"

Are we sure that Trump doesn't think that President Moon is not actually president of the moon?
Old 09-17-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveyearlurker View Post
What now?

"I spoke with President Moon of South Korea last night. Asked him how Rocket Man is doing.
My six-year-old would find that pathetically childish and lame. Pres. Moon should tweet back, "No idea. How's Professor Pinochle?"
Old 09-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
What now?

"I spoke with President Moon of South Korea last night. Asked him how Rocket Man is doing. Long gas lines forming in North Korea. Too bad!"

Are we sure that Trump doesn't think that President Moon is not actually president of the moon?
Trump's even slumping with his playground bully taunts. Considering how proud he is of the rockets, why wouldn't KJU wear the nickname "Rocket Man" with pride?
Old 09-17-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Trump's even slumping with his playground bully taunts. Considering how proud he is of the rockets, why wouldn't KJU wear the nickname "Rocket Man" with pride?
Personally, I think Kim will LOVE that nickname! Who wouldn't? It's really pretty flattering.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
Personally, I think Kim will LOVE that nickname! Who wouldn't? It's really pretty flattering.
Except, he doesn't want us to think it's gonna be a long, long time.
Old 09-17-2017, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkellymap View Post
except, he doesn't want us to think it's gonna be a long, long time.
iswydt.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:29 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

The Child-In-Chief strikes again.

President Trump early Sunday shared an edited video clip that appeared to show him knocking down Hillary Clinton with a golf ball.
Quote:

Trump retweeted the edited GIF from an account called @Fuctupmind. The clip shows Trump hitting a golf ball, which carries over into another clip and is edited to look like it makes Clinton fall.
So fucking Presidential.
Quote:
Previous tweets from the @Fuctupmind account include anti-Semitic messages, as well as tweets insulting Muslims and transgender people, BuzzFeed News noted. At least one anti-Semitic tweet posted by that account was deleted shortly after Trump’s retweet, according to the news outlet.

Last edited by running coach; 09-17-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
What now?

Does he really think North Koreans have private cars?
Old 09-17-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Doesn't matter as long as his groupies think they do and believe him.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
This was actually a pretty deep question.

I'm trying to understand how Trump would think poverty-level citizens of North Korea would have automobiles. You have to consider what Trump thinks is normal. Trump typically travels by motorcade and assumes that KJU does too. There's a lot of cars in the motorcade, because that's how world leaders roll. Thus, there's a long line at the gas station because the entire motorcade has to refill. Trump never has to deal with an empty tank, because there's always some underling who takes care of it. Trump is being smug that American has more gas stations than NK.

OK, in trying to think like Trump, I have thoroughly confused the fuck out of myself. That's a scary world and I ain't going back.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to understand how Trump would think poverty-level citizens of North Korea would have automobiles. You have to consider what Trump thinks is normal. Trump typically travels by motorcade and assumes that KJU does too. There's a lot of cars in the motorcade, because that's how world leaders roll. Thus, there's a long line at the gas station because the entire motorcade has to refill. Trump never has to deal with an empty tank, because there's always some underling who takes care of it. Trump is being smug that American has more gas stations than NK.

OK, in trying to think like Trump, I have thoroughly confused the fuck out of myself. That's a scary world and I ain't going back.
Pretty sure that Trumps motorcade does not pull into the local Shell station. Anything over 50 miles goes by Marine One.

The reason Trump doesn't understand that everyone in NK doesn't have a car is because he's a moron. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:51 PM

Quote:

Of course, he got the idea from Fox News. The story ran in April, though....but that doesn't matter to Trump when he gets going on a Twitter roll.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04...l-drag-on.html

Apparently some private citizens do have a need for gasoline ... usually for business purposes like taxicabs or delivering goods. And when the supply drops, the government takes everything they want and cuts the supply to individuals and businesses . Then the hoarding and pricing gouging sets in.

But Trump really can't be allowed to make up stupid nicknames for hostile world leaders ( or any world leaders )- I mean, he's petty and stupid and orange and he DID it already - but someone's gotta figure out how to stop him. Maybe all the other world leaders could write Congress and ask them to do something already

And until this weekend he's been a good little boy for over two weeks. But I'm afraid that means he's bottled up two whole weeks worth of rambling craziness that's going to come pouring out now that the dam has been breached. And John Kelly is discovering that controlling Trump is like trying to hold back the tides with the power of your mind. They may recede and you may declare victory but that just means they're going to come crashing back in soon.

And he's going to speak to the UN on Tuesday. Word seems to be that he's going to whine about how mean and unfair the other countries are to us. Bannon must've gotten Trumps new cell number, Kelly's going to have to change it again...if he survives the week.

Last edited by Ann Hedonia; 09-17-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
But Trump really can't be allowed to make up stupid nicknames for hostile world leaders ( or any world leaders )- I mean, he's petty and stupid and orange and he DID it already - but someone's gotta figure out how to stop him. Maybe all the other world leaders could write Congress and ask them to do something already
I think it's clear by now that no one can or will stop him from doing anything he wants to do. No one will bell the cat.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwitterTwit-In-Chief
Long gas lines forming in North Korea. Too bad!
"Long gas lines"? Er, he does know that the average North Korean is lucky to have a functional bicycle, right?
Old 09-18-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
"Long gas lines"? Er, he does know that the average North Korean is lucky to have a functional bicycle, right?
Any question about Trump that includes the phrase "he does know...right?" is just... well...
Old 09-18-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MB View Post
Well, this is a guy who was surprised to learn that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican and that France is America’s oldest ally, So....
Old 09-18-2017, 04:44 PM

[Trump supporter] You loser libtards need to realize when Trump is using 5 dimensional sarcasm! Of course he doesn't really believe that after it's been pointed out to be absurdly false!![TS]
Old 09-18-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingwave View Post
Well, this is a guy who was surprised to learn that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican and that France is America’s oldest ally, So....
Frederick Douglass told him on the phone the other day that all North Koreans own cars. TWO cars, in fact.

Last edited by ThelmaLou; 09-18-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLou View Post
less so after watching this.