Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftless
I also would like to understand how a pharmacy employee is supposed to judge whether a person is 'suspicious.' I get the stinkeye every time ask for the stuff so I have to wonder if there is the air of a meth addict about me.
Should be easy enough. A legitimately sick customer will show telltale signs: red eyes, a sniffle, grinding his teeth with irritation over the extra hassle, and nervously looking around because he knows he's being watched.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Turnip View Post
Should be easy enough. A legitimately sick customer will show telltale signs: red eyes, a sniffle, grinding his teeth with irritation over the extra hassle, and nervously looking around because he knows he's being watched.
AAAND they smell like Vinyl...and turnips.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlitherial View Post
Also I was a little tongue in cheek about Sudafed. In Canada it's either handled the same as the 222/Tylenol 1 pills, behind the counter but no additional controls or on the shelf.
This is how Schedule V drugs were intended to be handled by the federal Controlled Substances Act. A lot of the states model their own laws on the CSA, but include language that says Schedule V requires a prescription. I believe this is why the Feds, when deciding to impose additional controls on pseudoephedrine, didn't simply place it in Schedule V. Such federal insurance programs as we have down here would have found themselves having to pay for all those doctor visits, unless all the states' drug laws concerning the substance were brought into line with the more relaxed stance of the CSA. Private prescription drug plans might also have objected similarly.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlitherial View Post
Although they keep stuff with codeine behind the counter you don't need to present ID nor do they take down your name.
In Canada? In most provinces they actually do take down your name and contact info for codeine but only the odd paternalistic pharmacist or freshly graduated ones wanting to impress their employer -would usually could care less- ask for ID. Having dual US-Canadian citizenship I only give them my US ID when this happens and when they see it they don't enter it in the computer. I once asked the pharmacist why she didn't enter them and she said the program was for provincial stats only. I think sales of codeine are tracked by each province through their respective medicare system, not the feds.

As for pseudoephedrine the province where I live when I'm in Canada (7 months a year) does not monitor sales whatsoever and pharmacies keep that drug on store shelves, not OTC.