Old 06-12-2019, 08:35 AM

Happy Birthday FLyboy. At irk for just a few minutes until we hit the road. I have 6 appointments set to meet vendors to get signatures on new contracts. At least it's a day out of the office.

Happy Hump Day!
Old 06-12-2019, 08:39 AM

Happy HumpDay!

Happy Birthday FlyBoy!

It's cool and clear today, windows are open and I am enjoying the breeze.

And the silence.
There was quite the commotion last night as the neighbors on the other side of the people next door came over and banged on their door screaming at them to turn the music down.
A bit annoying as I was on the phone with a customer at the time, I hope they didn't hear anything.

It also appears that the couple next door have made up. Neither of them are talking to me. I don't know why, they both seem to be more subdued than usual.

Overslept this morning, as I was awaken in the middle of the night by somebody sitting outside revving up their engine and then peeling wheels as they took off.

Many many years ago, we took a trip to Hearst Castle. It was impressive, if you like that sort of thing (I don't) but what I did like was that if you went to the highest point on the property, everything you saw was theirs.
That has always been my idea of an ideal home. Stand at the highest point of the property and everything I see is mine. No neighbors in sight.

I went to the dog park yesterday and actually had a nice time. I went later than usual, saw some people I hadn't seen for a while. Ripple had a great time, he didn't want to leave, but I had to get home to go to irk. He gets called the walmart greeter because every time a new dog is coming in he runs to the gate to greet them. Sometimes when dogs are leaving he walks them to the gate.
He has become very social.
Red - we do have rules, there is a sign on the gate listing them, but most people pay no attention. No food or dog treats gets broken all the time. No females in heat, no unneutered males, broken all the time. No dogs without people, no people without dogs, well nobody drops off a dog and leaves but lots of people without dogs come in. No dogs under 4 months gets broken all the time. Clean up after your dog is always broken. No dogs on leashes gets broken pretty often, because some people don't understand that a dog on a leash can be more aggressive.
I don't want to play park police, though.
MetalMouse, unfortunately it probably will take somebody getting hurt, or a dog getting hurt for the rules to be enforced.

I have much to do today, especially laundry.
I need to buy some new clothes, but I don't want to.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 06-12-2019 at 08:41 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:57 AM

Happy birthday FlyBoy, may Swampy's singing not deafen you.

At irk. Irk is being slightly less irkitating that other days, we're actually Getting Stuff Done on some fronts. On other fronts, I sent an email to the PM asking her to set time aside for me to talk about some of the problems we're having getting information: it's kind'a complicated to set up a process when nobody appears to know how it works. I've been in places where we needed to use something that nobody knew how it worked but, since we accepted that we didn't know it, we set up the time and effort to find out; here, we're not recognizing that nobody knows so... what? Is Our Lady of Guadalupe supposed to come down from Heaven and spell it out? I'm not even sure she knows it! But anyway, sending an email to my boss titled "Need to talk" has been giving me the giggles.

Last edited by Nava; 06-12-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:21 AM
born to be shunned

Happy birthday Flyboy!

Not Flytrap of course. He's welcome to have a happy birthday as well ------ just not today.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:33 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Busy busy busy... Thank goodness for lunch breaks!!
Old 06-12-2019, 12:21 PM

Happy Flyboy Day!!!

TWPTB are predicting 97F today. Gotta pick something to cook on the grill tonight.
Yesterday I made chicken fajitas on the grill. They came out pretty darn good.
We just had steaks. Maybe another chicken thing.
Maybe I oughta just get a pizza?
Decisions, decisions.

Don't know what else to do today. Whatever it is, it will be inside.

Happy Hump day!
Old 06-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Provisions have been procured, biiiiiig trash can put where it goes for pickup tomorrow, old vacuum disposed of in a legal manner, and had a good talk with EYP about how to best approach puttin' in a new and improved (i.e. safer and more accessible) walkway from the memory garden and labyrinth to the covered walkway from whence one can enter either the church proper or Parish hall. The current walkway was laid down by two church members who used stone pavers that are kinda rough and the path is really too narrow to be accessible with a wheelchair. Thus the need to improve. Don't want to hurt this wonderful couples feelin's or make them think their efforts are not appreciated. Thus someway we need to include the stone pavers, perhaps as a border for the wider and safer walkway. Their input will be asked and taken seriously as this is done. I get to do such fun things as church janitor Junior Warden!

Bumba when in doubt, pizza is always the correct choice. I live by those words.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:27 PM
Charter Member

Well, OK then, I'll just talk to myself! Sup (OL»!) has been et and the kitchen is all cleanded up. Chillage and fart fest ensues. Looks stormy out. Bring it on I say!
Old 06-12-2019, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

98F in the shade right now and too hot for much of anything, although we did make a lightning strike on the farmers' market to score some fresh strawberries. Think I might head down to the local appliance joint and see if they have a small freezer that I can put in the basement to freeze berries for the winter.

The IRS. Anybody tried to call these mopes recently? Terminal hold and bad music. We got a dunning letter from them some time ago for about $245 because we didn't have enough withholding, or some such horseshit. Okayokayokay, I paid it despite the fact that billionaires pay zip point shit every year. Then a couple of days ago, we each get a letter from the IRS wanting the same fucking amount plus a penalty for being late. Check the record and yep, the check was cashed. Check on line and it says that they received the payment as an 'estimated tax payment'. Ummm...no, you morons. That would be the $2400 dollar check we sent you.

So the wife gets on the horn and calls, because I lose my temper almost immediately when talking to bureaucrats. Forty-five minutes later, some guy who sounds like he was just about to slash his wrists when we called picks up the phone. Twenty minutes later, my wife manages to unfuck the whole thing. We hope. I have no confidence in this government. I do feel somewhat sorry for the people who work at IRS, as their budget has been cut and they've lost so many employees that I don't know how they're able to take care of business.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:57 PM

Making chili for dinner.
My son put a pizza in the oven for himself.

He finished his BIG test today. He'll go over it again, I will proof read it again, then he will turn it in.

We got the front yard mowed, but not the back.
I did a mess of trimming out front, I need to bag everything up.
I only got about a third of the things on my list done.
I did get the dishwasher working, I don't know how, but it seems to be working again.
We'll see how clean the dishes are, but it is so nice to get the drying rack off the counter. I feel like I can breathe again.
Not having to call the repair man will save some bucks.
I remembered to ask the daycare to give Ripple a heart worm check.
I'm going to ask my son to vacuum the living room while I go get the brat. I love the new vacuum in how it picks up dog hair, I am not loving how heavy it is.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:13 PM

Happy Birthday FlyBoy!

We sold the RV yesterday. I haggled them up $10k on the price, so I feel good about that. We'd like to have an RV again, but this one turned out not to be configured for a family. I think we could have made it work if the kids were still in grade school. Two teenagers were right out.

The heat wave is sticking around we're at 100 and still climbing. I hope it eases up a bit soon. I managed to convince my dad to use the air conditioner, though, so I'm very happy about that!
Old 06-12-2019, 06:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Daze View Post
Happy Birthday FlyBoy!

We sold the RV yesterday. I haggled them up $10k on the price, so I feel good about that. We'd like to have an RV again, but this one turned out not to be configured for a family. I think we could have made it work if the kids were still in grade school. Two teenagers were right out.

The heat wave is sticking around we're at 100 and still climbing. I hope it eases up a bit soon. I managed to convince my dad to use the air conditioner, though, so I'm very happy about that!
Bought a Class A, right? I used to talk people with families out of those on a regular basis. Yeah, they're big, but they're really only designed for two people; three, tops.
Old 06-12-2019, 06:08 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

The audit went very well and FCD is pleased, and relieved that it's over.

I got my second delivery of clothing, and 3 of the items are going back. I didn't realize the shirt was 100% polyester - nope, that ain't gonna cut it. And one pair of pants are a polyester/spandex blend - nope, that neither. The other pair of pants are only going back because I bought too many pairs of khakis. So I'll need to go to Penney's.

We went to Leonardtown Grille for supper and I had some amazing tuna steak. YUM! Now we're home in chillage mode. Rain on the way. Oh, and several of the Amish places are advertising sweet corn - YAY!

Life is good in southern Merrylande!
Old 06-12-2019, 06:13 PM

Happy birthday flyboy!

Appendages crossed for the inspection Moooooooom.

doggio, having to go in on your day off truly sucks.

Got a ton of stuff done at irk today. I will finish up a layout in the studio this evening on a wedding album for pay. Then it's chill time.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:13 PM

So who's flyboy, Rotorhead Johnny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
Bought a Class A, right? I used to talk people with families out of those on a regular basis. Yeah, they're big, but they're really only designed for two people; three, tops.
Really, as big as they are?
I used to think I'd want one when I hit the lottery; then we started staying in the cabins at a campground for one of the festivals. They'd drive these massive things in, set up camp, & then sit there...all weekend.
Lesse, not only would I get all twitchy sittin' around that much, but I'd set up a nice backyard at my house once & then use that & not need to setup & break it down every weekend, also save a boatload on the rest of the 'living quarters' as I wouldn't need them, either. Definitely not my lifestyle...& I didn't even need to rent one to find that out. Iffn I ever got one, I'd tow a car with it, use that as my base & then go exploring all day in the car.

Place your bets:
After finishing an event in town this weekend I grabbed my camera to get some shots. There was what I thought would be a really cool shot. On top of the USPS was a flag & the background was the sun & puffy, white clouds reflected in the glass skyscraper. When I zoomed in a bit, I was appalled; the flag was in absolute tatters! The top red stripe was ripped clear back to the blue stars, the uppermost white stripe was ripped about 8", & lower down stripes were also frayed.
I happened to down that way & had a few mins before my train* so I went over & said something to two different employees. The first was a clerk at the counter; basically, "will you let maintenance know that that flag is in tatters & is a disgrace; especially, with it being Flag Day on Firday." The counter clerk was all, "Flag Day is my birthday." so there was a personal connection, but after a couple of more hours of helping a line full of people I could see he might forget.

When I walked out there was a twuck driver so I said something to him also. His response was, "You're right, that's wrong, no problem." but he was headed outbound, not inbound.

So, next time I'm down there will there be a new flag or will it still be in tatters?

* The twain, that was originally late, ended up making up some time so I missed it. That gave me some more time to walk around, where I got to go past one guy with dreds on the side of his head & another guy in camo pants & dreds sleeping standing up. I said something to the building security guard - hey keep an eye on him, he don't need a bambilance yet but he's not that far from being an OD. After walking to check him out, his response was, "Oh, him. We see him around here a lot like that."

That & a big bag o' popcorn for snack dinner.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Nut, almost had you an expense paid trip to this side of the pond.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:25 PM

It's 3am, am I trying to become Moooom?
Old 06-12-2019, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

Enough people showed up today, so I left early. Went to Select-A-Seat at the arena. I didn't go to change seats, just for the free snacks. If it keeps raining, I'm trading in Carmen for a bass boat.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY [B]FLYBOY!!!!1
Old 06-12-2019, 08:39 PM

Evening all.

Quiet day in N. Ali-bama, I kept waiting for the promised (80% chance!) rain to show, but it decided to be coy and never showed up. Plan to mow the yard tomorrow (maybe Firday), so I bet it'll rain then just to spite me...

Watched a lot more TV than usual, women's soccer games and lots of episodes of Ducktails (A Disney cartoon I am unexplainably fond of). Cheeseburgers for dinner, I am trying to get my refrigerator cleaned out by Tuesday (when my vacation starts), so meals may be a bit...odd by the weekend.

Found out even with the windows open, this house holds heat (only got to 80F today, but inside it was 81F when I finally turned the AC back on).

Happy Birthday Flyboy
Old 06-12-2019, 09:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Really, as big as they are?
I used to think I'd want one when I hit the lottery; then we started staying in the cabins at a campground for one of the festivals. They'd drive these massive things in, set up camp, & then sit there...all weekend.
Lesse, not only would I get all twitchy sittin' around that much, but I'd set up a nice backyard at my house once & then use that & not need to setup & break it down every weekend, also save a boatload on the rest of the 'living quarters' as I wouldn't need them, either. Definitely not my lifestyle...& I didn't even need to rent one to find that out. Iffn I ever got one, I'd tow a car with it, use that as my base & then go exploring all day in the car.
The big buses are marketed primarily for retired people who want to drive their house from parking lot to parking lot. If you look at the floor plans for them, the bulk of the space inside is for the living area, which usually has a large flat-screen, a big couch and probably an easy chair or two. The bedroom will likely have a king-sized bed and is roomy, and there will be a full bathroom on board.

On the other hand, a Class C (like these) are marketed for families. They're cheaper and can be found in most any configuration, including with bunk beds. The larger ones can sleep up to six or more. The one I used to own was 27', had a queen bed and could sleep two in the cab-over and another in the converted dining table/bench seat area.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:23 PM

Cookie - you're close. It was an Airstream.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:38 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stainless Steel Rat View Post
Watched a lot more TV than usual, women's soccer games and lots of episodes of Ducktails (A Disney cartoon I am unexplainably fond of)
I was more partial to Tailspin and Darkwing Duck

Also 4-0 Blues
Old 06-12-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbutler View Post
I was more partial to Tailspin and Darkwing Duck
Bird(brains) of a feather like to flock together?

Quote:
Also 4-0 Blues
Nope. They're up 4 (games) to 3.. .
BLUES WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 10:05 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:

It deserves being said again. Look -- Bobby Orr and everything -- the Blues are the come-from-behind story I will always remember. From last place to the Cup ----- whatta story!
Old 06-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Bird(brains) of a feather like to flock together?
Bear-ly correct

Quote:
Nope. They're up 4 (games) to 3.. .
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 06-13-2019, 05:33 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 70 Amurrkin out and partly cloudy with a predicted high of 88 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. No huge plans for the day except to go at some point over to the church house to haul the biiiiiiiiiig trash can back to where it lives durin' the week and to take a turn at candle duty. Sup will be grilled chikin strips, sallit, and cheesey garlic bread. I shall also make chikin sallit which I have actually started as the chikin is cookin' away as I post. Want to get that made this mornin'.

MetalMouse I envision mowage tomorrow mornin'. We got a bunch of rain last night so too wet today. The grass looks like it grew an inch a day since I mowed it last week what with all the rain we've had.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Thursday Y'all!
Old 06-13-2019, 05:35 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

They said we'd get rain. Boy howdy, were they right! Not a big deal except for the part about getting Roxy and her stuff from the car to the sitter's house - I only bonked her with the umbrella twice. She's young - she'll recover.

I should probably sort the papers on my desk - it's starting to get out of hand. Some things need to be shredded, some need to be returned to the originators, some need to be put in priority order, even tho the priority seems to change daily. Good thing I love my job!

Happy Soggy Thursday!!
Old 06-13-2019, 05:40 AM
Charter Member

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Double today.
Old 06-13-2019, 06:10 AM

Happy Thorsday!

Rained all night, and was cool outside, good sleeping weather.

It's a cool 61 degrees, supposed to get up to 72, and rain all day.

Today I'll try to get everything done on the list I didn't finish yesterday.
The one thing that won't get done is mowing the back yard.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:05 AM

Morning all. Up early again, nappage is a possibility.

As for mowing, I am in a dilemma--I leave on vacation on the 18th, so I want to mow it as close to that date as possible, but if it rains then, I'll be leaving a very shaggy lawn. Looking at Friday or Saturday now as being clear, at least if the neighbors don't complain.

Happy that the Blue won the Cup, St. Louis has had championship teams (Rams-now gone and Cardinals), but the Blues haven't gotten this far in 40+ years and I'm happy for them and the city.

doggio, I'm watching the new version of Ducktales (David Tennant voices Scrooge), which makes references to Darkwing Duck and Tailspin being in the same universe, so maybe they'll bring them back too.

All y'all take care.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:08 AM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Have I ever mentioned that my office is as cold as a meat locker?? The HVAC in this building is out of balance, mostly because people keep closing their vents because they're cold. I keep a cardigan in my desk, and today, it's not enough. Maybe I should bring in a hoodie... and gloves... and a nose warmer...

Three more hours till my weekend. <headdesk>
Old 06-13-2019, 11:23 AM

The dogs are playing on my feet. 100 lbs for one and 70 or so for the other. I, of course, think they're too cute to stop them. It's good to see the older one have so much fun.

Today's assignment - figure out dinner. I also should go to the pharmacy.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:26 AM

Even though it is wet and icky outside, we are going to the dog park.
Shouldn't be anybody there, so Ripple will be bored, but he is bugging me to go.

All the laundry is washed, except for the sheets, but they can wait.
One load is dry, everything else is on the drying rack.
I only put my shirts in the dryer because I need a clean one.

I should be doing more house irk.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:57 AM
born to be shunned

Couple days off, weekend ------ I am reduced to watching TV. Darn all this rain we're getting now.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:37 PM
I'm nice, dammit!
Charter Member

Supper was good - teriyaki poke chops, steamed rice, Amish green beans-n-onions. Yum.

It's raining again. rah.

Chillage shall ensue. FCD and I have a breakfast date for the morning, then we need to buy a new lock set for the basement door. Envy my exciting life!

Old 06-13-2019, 05:52 PM

sunny, my parents had a sixties era Airstream that we kept in the driveway as an extra bedroom. As a single person with a small dog, I think I could live in a trailer like that one here in the midsouth. BTW, how is your blind pupper adapting?

Yay BLUES!

The old bat was PO'd at everybody today. She even tried to pick a fight with the nicest guy in the department. Fortunately, the boss cut her short. Glad that tomorrow is Friday. Tonight, it's playing in the studio.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:35 PM

This time tomorrow can’t come soon enough to suit me. So very tired, aggravated, stressed and bummed. Just those old summertime blues.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup Smith View Post
This time tomorrow canít come soon enough to suit me. So very tired, aggravated, stressed and bummed. Just those old summertime blues.
...and we all know, there ain't no cure for the summertime blues...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeWC59FJqGc

Hope you get a break, Butters

Sari, if you want to do some more housework, my place is available and needs some attention...

FCM, I keep my house about 77F; partly to save on utilities bills and partly because I (being single) tend to be..lax..when it comes to proper dress. Stay warm.

Not much accomplished, watched some of the US Open on TV (I'll watch the golf major tournaments, but not the weekly fare). Found out not having a cellphone means I have to visit the bank personally regarding being out of town, since I can't receive a text (and yes, I'm a damn Luddite when it comes to some tech).

Dinner having been consumed, internettin' will occupy the balance of the evening.
Old 06-13-2019, 08:07 PM

I got into a teen's pants today!

Pulled the kid's shorts outta the dryer - Hey, I was that waist size in HS & I'm not much bigger now. Yup, I put them on & was even able to button & zip them w/o issue but the stoopit 'skinny' cut meant I didn't try squatting down in them.

Quote:
.Found out not having a cellphone means I have to visit the bank personally regarding being out of town, since I can't receive a text .
'splain this please. Why can't you just call them & say I'll be using my card in non-home areas for the next week?
Old 06-13-2019, 08:25 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member

Quote:
FCM, I keep my house about 77F; partly to save on utilities bills and partly because I (being single) tend to be..lax..when it comes to proper dress. Stay warm.
I thought that previously you mentioned, "31 F. Certain unclaimed body parts."
Old 06-13-2019, 09:44 PM
born to be shunned

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant View Post
I thought that previously you mentioned, "31 F. Certain unclaimed body parts."

But would it surprise you to learn I have friends who live on Rudd Road? But they were with me the whole time; honest!

https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/40...field-township
Old 06-13-2019, 10:53 PM
Charter Member

Worked, came home. And the first Championship for Toronto in 51 years goes to... the Raptors of the NBA.

Quote:
doggio, I'm watching the new version of Ducktales (David Tennant voices Scrooge), which makes references to Darkwing Duck and Tailspin being in the same universe, so maybe they'll bring them back too.

All y'all take care.
Considering that Launchpad ended up working for Drake Mallard, two of the 3 series are in the same universe for sure.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:15 AM
Charter Member

Good Mornin' Y'all! Up and caffeinatin'. *YAWN* 'Tis 62 Amurrkin out and clear (dark, actually), with a predicted high of 88 and N.O.S. for the day. I shall accomplish mowage this mornin' and then who knows what beyond that. No reason I have to leave da cave today, so no plans at all to be about the public. YAY! Sup shall be majik intartoobz pizza and sallit, cause sallit makes it healthy.

MetalMouse Summertime Blues is one of my favorite all time songs! A classic!

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy demands sustenance. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Happy Firday Y'all!
Old 06-14-2019, 04:51 AM

its been an obnoxious 2 or 3 days here ......cousin showed her ass as much as she possibly could......the front door know of the house was busted so they decided to take the door off only to find out they didn't need to .....the gas company refit some things here a few years ago to elp keep it warm so the door is solid particleboard and weights a good 60 pounds and i was supposed to be able to lift it up to put the pins back in the hinges......... yeah had to get help on that one...

still waiting to see if the waterline on the swamp cooler is working .......its about 110 during the day and 75-90 at night oh and did i mention we didn't get our mid-week break because nephew/grandsons dad had meetings on his day off? if i could get away with it id find a nice bottle of the 100-110 proof Russian fire water chilled just to almost frozen and pass out for a day or two....... yays and boos for thr good/bad for all and thank the b-ball gods Toronto won cause we were sick of the warriors ......"(im in laker country )

imma sleep for about 4 hours.......
Old 06-14-2019, 06:14 AM

Happy Firday!

It's a chilly 59 degrees outside, supposed to get up to 75.
Then it gets hot again.
Supposed to stay cloudy this morning and then the sun comes out.

I woke up too early, 5am. I didn't get to bed until almost midnight, so I will be needing a nap later on.

MetalMouse, I don't WANT to do house irk, I NEED to do house irk.
I have been a bit lax around here and it's starting to get on my nerves.
Clutter makes me grumpy.

So is the yard. I looked up the weeds that are growing out there and it is the broad leaf plantain that is taking over. They are supposed to be edible, and good for you, which is all very nice, but I still want them gone. I also found out the the wild strawberries are actually mock strawberries. Both are edible, but the mock strawberries are supposed to taste nasty. Since I don't like strawberries, I wasn't going to eat them anyway.
The problem with sowing wild flower seed is, I have all kinds of stuff coming up, and I have no idea what any of it is. I'm pulling out everything I know for sure is a weed and letting the rest go.

Last edited by Sahirrnee; 06-14-2019 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:54 AM

FtGKid2 sent out a "Hey mom ..." via sat phone from the top of Denali yesterday evening.

3 days before Father's Day.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Worked, came home. And the first Championship for Toronto in 51 years goes to... the Raptors of the NBA.
Oh how I wish that were true, for I too would like to forget Joe Carter in '93!

Sari's gonna be fightin' the rabbits & woodchucks for breakfast.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
'splain this please. Why can't you just call them & say I'll be using my card in non-home areas for the next week?
I did call the -800 number, but they said they needed to send me a text message to make it happen, and when I said I didn't have a cellphone, they were stumped and told me I needed to go to the Bank. Since I have to be out and about anyway today, I'll do that thing, but suspect they'll be just as confused. Joys of modern life.

Up at 6am so nappage is very likely.

shady, I don't always completely understand what's going on, but you do lead and interesting life...

ftg, great news on the kid; now as long as he messages when he gets back down...

spidey, doubt I could get into anything I wore back in High School...

Have a good Firday all y'all.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:20 AM
Charter Member

Howdy Y'all! Mowage is completed and I am all showered and cleanded up. Time to chillax. Life is good right now. Oh and sup shall not be majik intartoobz pizza. I remembered right after I posted that tonight is the farewell Fiesta (OL»!) for our organist and his spouse as they will be leavin' us cause he (organist) is goin' to seminary to become a Priest. Sunday is their official last day with us.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:50 AM

Last time I tried I could still fit into my old school uniform- not that I'm thin now, but I was fat at school

Irked, thinking I should head down the shops shortly, 'cos I'm out of bread for a sandwich for work lunch tomorrow. I could make something else, I suppose, but a sandwich is about my culinary limit when I'm getting ready for irk. I have never been one of nature's morning people. Right now, I'm not a night person either, rather a sometime-around-2pm-for-half-an-hour person, which is not very efficient. I think my energy levels are going up, at least; I had a whole bunch of things I wanted to do before the schools break up for summer and everywhere round here clogs up with tourists, and I've not done any of them yet due to being too tired.