Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds
We do have Parental Controls on. I see all the sites she gets on and tries to get on and fails. The bulk of them are related to Sims or anime. I'll review a site I don't know and block if appropriate (she's still angry because I stopped all the fanfiction sites). I'll probably stop all downloading, which should anger her as she can't get new stuff for The Sims. I'd still prefer finger-breaking, but that's just the Sicilian in me talking.
Considered a program like Deep Freeze?
Old 03-19-2005, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Odds
Candid, it's mine she crashed. We all have our own (I upgrade so often - too often, per Ms. D_Odds - that everyone gets my hand-me-downs). She was exercising my ferrets, who reside in the same room as my computer, when she logged on to download her videos.

She has been taught how to scan downloaded files. She doesn't. (Well, maybe for a few days).

She has been told not to download files. She doesn't listen. (Well, maybe for a few days).

We do have Parental Controls on. I see all the sites she gets on and tries to get on and fails. The bulk of them are related to Sims or anime. I'll review a site I don't know and block if appropriate (she's still angry because I stopped all the fanfiction sites). I'll probably stop all downloading, which should anger her as she can't get new stuff for The Sims. I'd still prefer finger-breaking, but that's just the Sicilian in me talking.
How about locking your machine so she can't use it at all, to prevent future problems with your computer? I have mine set to autolock if unattended for more than a few minutes, and passworded to prevent unauthorized access. There are enough computers in the house that nobody but me needs to use mine.

And as for punishments, I would suggest at a minimum disallowing her from any computer use until yours is fixed. I'd also stick her with an additional penalty of lockout from all computer use for a period equal to your outage, and disable all downloading privileges for a further period.

So if it takes you 3 days to fix it, she's locked out of all computer use for 6 days and no downloads for 12... or something like that.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:23 PM

Hi all; I've been playing mostly on Pinnacle, with a lvl 20 Dark/Dark defender, as well as a 18th lvl Brdswd/Invuln scrapper named Brachius.
Since most of our fellow Dopers are on Virtue, I created a Spines/Invlun scrapper named Mutallicus on Virtue, in the hopes of working my way up to joining CECIL! Lvl 4 now, and working my way up. Who are good contacts for CECIL again??
Old 03-20-2005, 02:42 PM

Join the #CECIL channel in global chat to get hooked up with many of us, if you're comfortable with global chat. You can also send a /tell to global IDs. Good contacts to check for, just off the top of my head...

@brainiac4
@culex
@kerzak
@humanist
Old 03-20-2005, 07:09 PM

Also,

@manuel errata
@max carnage
@johnny daemon
@balanced

We can also invite you into the SG.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:10 AM

@Eternal Ninja , too.

Shadow Stranger has the ability to do SG invites.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:46 AM

I'm going to be doing a 48ish respec tonight, if anyone's interested.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac4
So if it takes you 3 days to fix it, she's locked out of all computer use for 6 days and no downloads for 12... or something like that.
So you are against fingerbreaking, I take it, or anything having to do with needing to dispose of a body?

Looked up the error codes. It was a badly corrupted device driver that would not allow windows to reboot. How bad? I have a striped raid array separated into two partitions, one for windows, the other for everything else...just in case windows gets corrupted. So, I start reinstalling windows, get up to the first reboot and BLAM, same error message. This happens before windows boots, and it wouldn't boot into safe mode either, so it was something vital. Ended up having to delete my partitions, reformat and repartition the drive and start from scratch.

As she is boneheaded about downloading, I stiffened the parental controls to disallow it without explicit permission. Applies to every computer.

Not going to restrict her from the computer completely. As you may recall from my frequently referencing them, my computer is in the same room as my ferrets. She helps me be giving them out-of-cage exercise time. The more, the better. The computer gives her something to do while in the room.

Back to CoH: Jim Beam dinged 39 and got a slew of new contacts. Envoy and Terra are toast. Thanks to Serana, Volt Valkyrie and Star Lighter on the Terra mission, and Thermocline, Eliza Bennet, and Star Lighter on the Envoy mission. Now to take on Star Lighter's Envoy mission, and to work off the accumulated debt.

ERG-1 is more than halfway through level 31 and Nova is on the horizon. Blue Genesis needs help getting from level 18 to 24. Two wimpy attacks are s l o w going.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Charter Member

D_Odds, I've heard the Circle of Thorns is looking for some fresh victims...

I've finally cleared out all the low level story arcs for Kitsune-hime, who's now level 31. I still had one from the Hollows, and three more from the 25-30 level range. Now, to start on my new contacts in Brickstown and Crey's Folly.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

This just in! Issue 4 has hit the test server!
Old 03-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Charter Member

Woah! Coming in I4:

Changes that Affect both PvE and PvP:

o Improved Max Stealth capability (High stealthy powers like Superior Invisibility can now better protect against foes with high Perception, like Snipers).

o Villains can now knock you back, instead of just knocking you down.
o Removed the base -30% Damage Resistance debuff from Kheldians and decreased their base HP by 12.5% (this gives them an effective net increase in HP).

o Increased Kheldians Base Range Damage. This gives them 4% less base damage than Defenders when solo.
o Increased the Damage Bonus Kheldians get from the appropriate teammates to +20% each. This makes their damage equivalent to Blasters with 3 teammates of the appropriate archetype, and +50% greater damage than Blasters with 7 teammates of the appropriate archetype.

o Increased Damage resistance of Singularity.
o Increased Damage resistance of Animate Stone.
o Increased Jack Frost's resistance to Cold. Jack Frost now has a permanent Chilling Embrace. Jack Frost Power now accepts Slow Enhancements. Jack Frost is now highly resistant to Slow effects (recharge and movement).

o Added Fear visual f/x to Manipulation fear powers.
o Increased Gravity Control/Propel damage.
o Updated villain Propel damage.
o Significantly increased the Max HP of Kheldians while in Dwarf form.
o Radiation Emission/EM Pulse now also drains Endurance and accepts Endurance Drain Enhancements.
o Radiation Emission/EM Pulse now also debuffs targets’ Regeneration rate.
o Increased the Damage buff of Leadership/Assault and Vengeance by 50%.
o Doubled the effectiveness of the Recharge Boost of Empathy/Adrenaline boost.
o Kheldian Dwarf Form now resists Confuse and Fear.
o Modification to Perception attribute: Increased Perception will now allow you to see stealthy foes or resist powers that reduce your Perception (like Smoke Grenade).

o Accuracy Inspirations now increase Perception.
o Leadership/Tactics now offers increased Perception and resistance to Confuse.
o Leadership/Vengeance now offers resistance to Fear.
o Medicine/Stimulant now offers resistance to Fear and Confuse.
o Ice Armor/Glacial Armor now offers increased Perception.
o Stone Armor/Minerals now offers increased Perception and resistance to Confuse.
o Removed Resistance Enhancements from Crystal Armor, as they had no effect.
o Dark Armor/Obsidian Shield now offer resistance to Fear.
o Dark Armor/Cloak of Darkness now offers increased Perception.
o Super Reflexes/Focused Fighting now offers resistance to Confuse.
o Super Reflexes/Focused Senses now offers increased Perception.
o Dark Miasma/Shadow Fall now offer resistance to Fear.
o Empathy/Clear Mind now offer resistance to Fear and Confuse, and grants increased Perception.
o Storm Summoning/Steamy Mist now offers resistance to Confuse.
o Fixed a bug in Hasten that was allowing its attack rate boost to be resisted. The result was, powers like Wet Ice and Energy Absorbs ion was resisting the recharge boost of Hasten.

o Updated Short and system help of Hoarfrost (no power change).
o Increased based movement of pets.
o Modified Spectral Terror attack power so it tends to make foes run away less.
o Increased the recharge time of Nemesis Staff temp power.
o Added Confuse and Fear protection to Kheldian Cosmic Balance and Dark Sustenance.
o Fixed Super Strength/Rage animation.
o Fixed a bug that would cause a bad shield graphic f/x error to appear if you used Unyielding and Stone Mallet.
o Fixed Cryonic Armor missing ice armor f/x.
o Fixed Earthquake (hero and villain version) from continuing to affect foes even if they leave the affected area

o Gravity Control/Wormhole is now an AoE (Wormhole applied a Disorient, so now Gravity Control has another AoE Control power). Recharge Time was increased to compensate.

o Fixed bad Disorient Duration for Assault Rifle/Beanbag (duration was twice as long as normal at higher levels).

o Dark Miasma/Howling Twilight now restores Full Hit Points and Endurance to those you resurrect. This power no longer accepts Heal and Recovery Enhancements (it already restores the maximum HP and END, so there is nothing to Enhance).

o Slightly reduced the Fear Time of Invoke Panic.
o Spectral Terror now only targets one foe when it uses its Terrify attack.
o Fixed some bad Disorient durations on Warshade powers (Gravitic Emanation and Unchain Essence).
o Resolve, Strength of Will, and Sheer Willpower Inspiration are now removed from the game. Break Free, Emerge, and Escape Inspirations will now protect you from all effects including Sleep, Hold, Immobilization, Disorient, Fear, Knockback and Confuse, and can be activated even while under such effects.

o Defenders and Controllers will now drain more Endurance when using powers that drain endurance. More specifically, Defenders will drain more endurance when using Electricity Blast than a Blaster using the same power. Controller will now drain more endurance with powers such as Transfusion, but Defenders will still drain more than Controllers.

o Reduced the duration of Break Free, Emerge, and Escape Inspirations.
o Increased the invulnerable time after you cast Rise of the Phoenix (Tanker and Ancillary versions)
o Modified powers that protect you from controlling effects. They will all now generally improve over level.
o Reduced Ice Blast/Blizzard Duration and increased its Damage.
o Dark Miasma/Tar Patch now also debuffs affected targets’ damage resistance and prevents foes from jumping and flying.

o Dark Miasma/Twilight Grasp now debuff the targeted foes’ Regeneration Rate.
o Dark Miasma/Howling Twilight now debuff the targeted foes’ Regeneration Rate.
o Kinetics/Transfusion now debuff the targeted foes’ Regeneration Rate.
o Kinetics/Siphon Speed now also transfers attack rate (debuffs targets attack rate and buffs the casters).
o Radiation Emission/Lingering Radiation now also debuffs targets’ Regeneration rate.
o Increased the duration of the Freezing Rains debuffs.
o Increased Defender’s Freezing Rain Slow debuff.
o Earth Control/Quicksand now debuffs a target’s defense and prevents foes from flying or jumping.
o Tanker Hurl and Hurl Boulder and Scrapper/Spines/Impale can now knock flyers down.
o Changed rank of Devouring Earth beacons. They should be easier to destroy now.
o Improved/decreased the cast time of siphon speed.
o Reduced the END cost of Dark Nova Bolt and Dark Nova Blast.
o Reduced the amount of Regeneration Buff that can be enhanced in Instant Healing and Integration (base values were not changed).

o Put a cap on the max defense you can gain from Energy Absorption.
o Increase Time Bomb Accuracy.
o Dark Armor/Murky Cloud, Stone Armor/Rooted, Storm Summoning/O2 Boost, Radiation Emission/Accelerate Metabolism, and Force Field/Insulation Field now offer resistance to Endurance Drain effects.

o Increased Immobilization Protection in Combat Jumping. Also, Protection now increases over level.
o Increase Range and Decreased Interrupt times of Medicine/Aid Other and Stimulant.
o Increased Hit rate of Choking Cloud.
o Added some Immobilization protection to Cloak of Darkness.
o Warshade Shadow Cloak now somewhat protects you from Immobilization, and Stealth.
o Warshade/Stygian Circle: Added Endurance gain per defeated foe drained. Significantly reduced its Endurance activation cost.

o Fixed Rage defense debuff (was giving a defense buff after Rage wore off instead of a debuff).
o Reduced the effect Duration of Terrorize powers.
o Added Accuracy Enhancements to Rain of Fire, Freezing Rain, Ice Storm, and Blizzard.
o Increased recharge time (less often) for Yellow Ink Men Holds and Sleeps.
o Decreased Chance for DE Fungi men to put you to sleep with their Spores.
o Increased the recharge time (less often) for Malta Tasers and Web Grenades.
o Modified Knives of Artemis stealth.
o Increased the recharge time (less often) for Modified Knives of Artemis sleep dart.
o Decreased chance Dominatrix minion can sleep you.
o Increased chance Dominatrix Boss can hold you.
o Decreased chance Carnival Attendant Energy Rings can Disorient you.
o Decreased chance Rularuu Brute minions can knock you down.
o Decreased chance Rularuu Wisp minions can Immobilize you.
o Decreased amount Rularuu Sentry minions can slow you.
o Blizzard, Ice Slick, Ice Patch, Earthquake, and Freezing Rain will no longer knock lower level minions out of the affected area.

o Modified Hydra Head powers. Fixed bug that allowed attacks to get through without taking out the shield generators.

o Fixed Sewer Kraken collision/selection.
o You can now attack targets while Superior Invisibility is on. Superior Invisibility is the only self toggle invisibility power that allows you to attack while it is active.

o Fix to ensure you remain immobile while in Hibernate.
o Added missing attack types to Gravity powers (defense now applies to all gravity attacks). (Player and Villain versions).

o Increased Recharge time for Dimension Shift, Black hole and Detention Field.
o Reduced Endurance cost of Black Hole, Dimension Shift and Detention Field. .
o Increased the recharge time of Phase Shift.
o Super Reflexes/Quickness now also resists slow effects.
o Increased Ice Armor/Wet Ice resistance to slow effects.
o Fixed a bug that caused high level Portal mission Clockworks to summon other Clockworks at the wrong level.
o Empathy/Adrenaline Boost now also grants the target resistance to slow effects.
o Fixed a typo in Earth Controller Power Set description.
o Hibernate can now be used in the air. You will fall to the ground if you do so.
o Fixed a bug that caused Hibernate f/x to be left behind if you were moving while activating the power.
o Hibernate now accepts Heal Enhancements.
o Fixed bug that meant Dropping Dull Pain at the same time Unstoppable falls could cause character death
o Increased recharge time of Peacebringer/Quantum Flight and Warshade/Nebulous Form

And a temporary power store in the Arena.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:15 PM

They... removed my one weakness.

I can dig it.

La Pucelle, SR Scrapper. Slow was going to kick my tail a bit. Not much, but a bit.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

My level 20 Defender got his first "Are you an Empath" tell last night while on Striga Isle.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute Skywatcher
My level 20 Defender got his first "Are you an Empath" tell last night while on Striga Isle.
Which is not, as one might think, better than "R U healer?"

The reason being that the latter case allows you to instantly classify the person as an asshat, while "Are you an Empath" holds out the tiny sliver of hope that the person might, just might, realize that defenders other than empaths have something to offer.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:07 AM

Quote:

The reason being that the latter case allows you to instantly classify the person as an asshat, while "Are you an Empath" holds out the tiny sliver of hope that the person might, just might, realize that defenders other than empaths have something to offer.
The other day I was playing with a RL friend and we had the misfortune of having one of the aforementioned asshats on the team. This kid (I suspect it was a kid, though of course idiocy knows no age) was blatantly trying to pick a fight with my friend, who was playing a force field defender. Asshat was saying things like "ff defenders are useless" and "we need a real defender" and being so relentlessly and pointlessly rude that I kicked him from the team.

On an unrelated note, now that Jingo Belle is level 30 I'm finding myself kind of bored with her. In fact I haven't played her for a few days now. It's not much fun when it takes an insanely long time to accomplish anything, like hours and hours just to fill one or two bubbles. Instead, my friend, my SO and I have been playing brand new characters we created in Champion for the purpose of playing together. (My SO was visiting family and loaded his own CoH account onto their computer; now that he's home we're trying to figure out a way to play at the same time short of buying another computer and installing a second cable hookup. One of us could use our friend's computer, but then he wouldn't be able to join us). Anyway, I had forgotten how much fun the lower levels are. Anyone else get character burnout? If so, at what level did it strike?
Old 03-29-2005, 10:48 AM

Eliza has been sitting in the 30s forever. She does level relatively fast, as she basically follows TC around, and he is several levels above her. For as little as I've played her, she probably has more levels per hour than the majority of characters. Eliza seldom sees any villians in colors other than purple. Being a defender, she doesn't get a lot of aggro and I can play her for hours without ever using her blast. But being a defender, I basically only bring her around when someone says "we could use Eliza." She doesn't solo well.

I find a hump at 12-14 - its SO tedious at those levels without anyway to move fast.

Eyre is at 32 or 33. She is still fun to play, but yep - takes a while to level and so I'm bringing out Dangerosa more often now, who is 14 - over the travel power hump and still in the "I'll get a new power in a few hours" stage.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:03 AM

I will lose interest in an alt when I have difficulty finishing missions for a while - when I can't find a team and can't solo any mission I have, for instance. My Justice Server Controller is in that position.

But Eternal Ninja and White-Russian never really run into that problem, so I always have someone to play.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandidGamera
I will lose interest in an alt when I have difficulty finishing missions for a while - when I can't find a team and can't solo any mission I have, for instance. My Justice Server Controller is in that position.
What level is your controller in Justice? I have a broadsword scrapper in that server called the Jade Blade. He's level 2 at the moment (created him ages ago and never played him) but I could level him up a few times pretty quickly if the disparity is not too great.

I might have one or two other characters in that server, but offhand I can't think of who.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
What level is your controller in Justice? I have a broadsword scrapper in that server called the Jade Blade. He's level 2 at the moment (created him ages ago and never played him) but I could level him up a few times pretty quickly if the disparity is not too great.

I might have one or two other characters in that server, but offhand I can't think of who.
I think she's 13th. Not 100% sure.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

True that. This group - a tank, a couple of scrappers, a controller, and my defender - didn't realize that my empath has other abilities to offer. For example, the tank insisted on using his taunt to pull even though my defender was the one with the best aggro control for pulling. At least the group was good enough that being overrun didn't matter.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:52 PM

Lute Skywatcher, may I ask why your defender had the best aggro control? The subtleties of the game elude me sometimes. Isn't it desirable for the tanker to draw most or all of the aggro on himself so the rest of the team can pick off the foes unmolested? That's the way I usually see it work.
Old 03-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Lute Skywatcher, may I ask why your defender had the best aggro control? The subtleties of the game elude me sometimes.
That's not the "control" I mean.
Quote:
Isn't it desirable for the tanker to draw most or all of the aggro on himself so the rest of the team can pick off the foes unmolested?
Not for the initial pull, no, unless the foes are spread out. Normally, a blaster would do the pulling because they don't have to rely on area effects. We didn't have one though, just my empath who could also blast. Taunt has a widespread area of effect; it's good for keeping aggro control but not so much for getting it initially. A bad taunt can easliy result in the team being overrun, which happened frequently on that mission. But, as I said, the team was good enough that such overruns didn't matter.

At one point, the rest of the team was mopping up a group of Council so I didn't have any healing to do. I went over to a trio of Council nearby who were just standing around and put some Tentacles on them. The tank said, "those weren't aggroed."
Old 03-30-2005, 04:22 AM

Yeah, I find my defender (empath/radiation) quite good for pulling. Radiation seems to not generate high aggro, so we usually only end up with one or two mobs off my pulls, versus bundles of them from tanker taunt.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:25 AM

Oh, I love those dark defenders! My mate plays one and wow, they totally kick butt. Shame I'm fond of the empath or I'd recreate her - I don't do random pickups, so I've got nothing to lose by dropping an empath.

But I do find her fun, so she stays.

The one I sometimes have trouble with is my mind control/empath controller. Those Tsoo are resistant bastages - well, the sorcerors and ancestor spirits are, anyway. The others are fine. Get a mission with bunches of sorcs and AS's though, and it gets really troublesome.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:11 AM

Well it hasn't been posted for a good while, and Max hasn't come around to see this in a while he said, so I guess I have to post.

If you want to chat with other SDMBers in-game, global chat room "CECIL" is ours. (Shocking, I'm sure.)

If you want to be in our Virtue supergroup, or talk on our message board, http://sdmb.culex.us/ has links to our forum and picture gallery dealybob, and a semi outdated membership list. You're free to chat on our board if you're a Doper, even if you're not a CECILian, I know some folk there don't visit here, and vice versa.

I notice we keep getting a slow influx of random Dopers into our global chat room, and some of those join our SG -- glad to see it happening, nice to have new victims around.

No, I certainly did mean 'victims', with the various TNers around. Everybody's open season to pranks and joking year-round.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:18 AM

I considered starting a new thread, but since this seems to be an all-purpose CoH forum, we might as well keep it going.

I'm looking for people to play with and to possibly join my impending super group in Champion. My SO and I share a computer and CoH account. Recently, when he was visiting his parents in California, he loaded CoH onto their computer and established a separate account, and we each created brand new characters to play together in Champion. We also got a friend of ours in on it. Now that he's home we can't play at the same time any more, but I'd like to keep playing those characters. Of course I realize there's nothing stopping me, and I intend to continue doing so. But I think it would be extra fun to have some semi-regular playmates that I sort of know. I realize not many of you have characters in Champion, so consider this an invitation to make some. Can't have too many alts, right?

The SG I belong to in Virtue, the Guardians of the Golden Age, requires a good costume and a correctly spelled and punctuated name for membership. Those criteria have proven to be extremely reliable indicators of a player's maturity, intelligence, and demeanor. I swear some of those kids out there just hit the "Random" button when creating their costumes, and if the name they want is taken, they just insert incongruous apostrophes and numbers and what not rather than coming up with something creative. And if I see one more electrical blaster named "Lightening" something-or-other I'm going to hurt myself. So in the spirit of the GOTGA, I'm thinking of calling my SG the Fashion Police. (I'm not married to that name, so if anyone who wants to join me has another idea I'd be open to it). Of course, Dopers will automatically qualify for membership, even ones I've never actually played with, since I know the kind of folks you are.

My characters in Champion, all under level 10, are as follows:

Coldzone -- ice/ice blaster
Shatterstrike -- mace/invul tanker
Heliocentric -- fire/fire blaster (recently won second place in a costume contest for one million influence )
Tigirl -- claws/regen scrapper
Shock Tactic -- elec/elec blaster
Geodynamic -- earth/storm controller
Star Marshal -- ff/energy defender
Dr. Optic -- illusion/empathy controller (recently won first place in a costume contest for two million influence -- go me!)

So if any of you play on Champion, or you decide to start doing so, look for me. Also, my Global name is @Nordic.

I wonder if anyone has some words of wisdom on how to play Geodynamic, 'cause I'm just having a heck of a time. My powers are Stone Prison, Stone Cages, Quicksand, Gale and O2 boost. I've got virtually no damage and no defense, and this is probably the squishiest character I've ever played. Soloing is pretty much out of the question. My main contribution to teams is to immobilize the bad guys in Stone Cages, but that makes them all shoot at me at once, so doing that is essentially committing suicide. Trapping them one by one in Stone Prisons is time-consuming and not very useful.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:34 AM

In a similar vein, I intend to start a Supergroup on some server other than Justice or Virtue, loosely based on the Legion of Super-Heroes.

I'm thinking maybe.. Pinnacle?
Old 04-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
I realize not many of you have characters in Champion, so consider this an invitation to make some.
I just might do that.
Quote:
if I see one more electrical blaster named "Lightening" something-or-other I'm going to hurt myself.
You'll love this. I recently created an electric/electric blaster on Virtue. His name is Howie Sparks but he goes by "Phasenleitung", which is approximately "live wire" in German; his story is that he was born on an Army base there.

Phase is one of three toons whose background has something to do with the Army. There's also Major Russ Green, aka "Maj Green Beret", formerly with Special Forces and currently a Reservist. The Major's story is that he was one of several soldiers who were called in to help fend off the Rikti invasion and has since returned to help keep the peace. He's a MA/SR Scrapper, BTW.

Along with Russ is his "little" brother Hugh, aka "GreenMonster", whose huge proportions are due to a supersoldier project that worked a little too well.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Anyone else hear about the planned debt changes due in I5? Stateman says it will move debt up to 10 instead of 5 where it is now and it will be halved if in a door.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:14 PM

Does anyone have issues 1 - 8 of the CoH comic he or she would care to part with? I'd be happy to pay for them, as well as shipping.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:46 PM

Must... resist... urge... to... create... more... alts...

I think I may already have a character on Champion -- Dangerosa and I have some characters on one other server that we let our son play (he's 6, so needs supervision). If not, I can create one, and swap over if not in the middle of something on Virtue.

And Gamera is tempting me with an LSH analog. Bad Gamera!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandidGamera
In a similar vein, I intend to start a Supergroup on some server other than Justice or Virtue, loosely based on the Legion of Super-Heroes.

I'm thinking maybe.. Pinnacle?
Give me a holler on @Hertz or @Hertz2. I have a ton of characters on Pinnacle if you put in an appearance there.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:55 PM

Some pals and I are going to be taking on the TV Respec Trial tonight (the level 24-33 one), and would welcome some company. If anyone's interested, has characters in the right level range on Virtue, and some free time starting at 9pm Central tonight (4/23), we'd love to have you. Give a shout in the #CECIL global chat channel, or send me a /tell -- my global handle is @Brainiac4 (shocking, eh?).

We'll have:

27 Mind/Emp controller
27 Inv/Axe tanker (with Taunt, yay)
25 Fire/Fire blaster
32 Rad/Rad defender (Exemplared to 27, most likely)
Old 04-23-2005, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I'm looking for people to play with and to possibly join my impending super group in Champion.
I used to play on Virtue when the game came out and CECIL started (Mother Marie) but got burnt out after a bit. Kind of back into the game and playing on Champion so I'll have to look you up. So far I've just soloed a katana/SR scrapper to 13 (should be 14 next time I play) and am having a good time of it but I've avoided grouping so far because I hardly recall what to do most of the time or even grouping commands (just re-discovered the follow command last night when I soloed the Frostfire mission and had to chase bad guys over giant patches of ice).

Scrapper is named Override B-1 and is a knock-off of Oasis from the Sluggy Freelance online comic. Normally I'd cringe at making a knock-off but I actually made her as a "Let's see how good I can do this" curiousity, turned out to enjoy playing and at lvl 3 someone gave me 100k influence to do a transfer for them. That kind of sold me on keeping her If nothing else, I haven't gotten any hate tells like when I tried to make an original claw scrapper who was based off of being a werewolf and got immediately accused of making a Wolverine clone -- disregarding the fact that the only simularity in costume, name, etc was that we both had claws.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:04 PM

As a follow-up, I logged on just after posting the above and immediately received a tell saying: "Oasis!! I LOVE it!!"

So now I feel validated
Old 04-24-2005, 03:54 PM

I like making characters that are homages... or parodies.

My latest (with partial credit to Max Carnage) is J'onn-Boy, the Walton Manhunter. I'd been trying to figure out a character to go with Gamera's Bug-a-Boo (a Blue Beetle homage) and D_Odds' Blue Genesis (Booster Gold tribute).

Bwa ha ha!
Old 04-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Charter Member

Nordic: I've added a toon on Champion. He's an Illusion/FF Controller called Capt. Phantasm.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:37 AM

Quote:
I like making characters that are homages... or parodies.

My latest (with partial credit to Max Carnage) is J'onn-Boy, the Walton Manhunter. I'd been trying to figure out a character to go with Gamera's Bug-a-Boo (a Blue Beetle homage) and D_Odds' Blue Genesis (Booster Gold tribute).

Bwa ha ha!
I crashed before I heard you say this, but D Odds kindly filled me in.

Ouch. Just ouch.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Nordic: I've added a toon on Champion. He's an Illusion/FF Controller called Capt. Phantasm.
Cool beans. I don't think I'll be playing tonight, but I'll look for you tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Does anyone have issues 1 - 8 of the CoH comic he or she would care to part with? I'd be happy to pay for them, as well as shipping.
I have 1-4, or 1-5, that I was going to see if I could get any Influence for . Email is in my profile.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

More chages in store for I4?

City Zones:

o Faultline: Fixed a hole in the map.

o Perez Park: Fixed large hole

o Skyway City: Fixed a hole in the War Wall.

o Rikti Crash Site: Fixed hole in the map

Arena:

o Removed Ready buttons from the Arena.

o Fixed bug that gave players exiting the Arena low health.

o Mission Waypoints now appear correctly while in the Arena

Powers:

o Controller and Defender Hurricane will no longer debuff Tanker and Scrapper Range. PvP

o Changed Moment of Glory, Elude, and Light Form to have a Duration of 180 seconds and a base recharge time of 1000 seconds. This prevents these powers from being 'Permanent' PvP/PvE

o Elude now also offers a Recovery boost. PvP/PvE

o Fixed Recovery debuff at the End of Elude (it didn’t always debuff your Recovery) PvP/PvE

o After Moment of Glory wares off, you will be unable to regenerate HP for 15 seconds. This is to keep MoG consistent with the drawbacks associated with other high-end defense powers like Elude and Unstoppable. PvP/PvE

o Added Suppression to Singularity and Dark Servant powers in PvP.

o Fixed Brawl so it only has a 33% chance to knock off 1 toggle power in PvP.

o Added Knockback suppression in PvP for Battle Axe and Stone Melee.

o Fixed a bug that was causing Slow Enhancements to increase the attack speed of the Enhanced power. PvP/PvE

o Fixed bug in Howling Twilight. The magnitude of its Disorient on PvP was too high and did not have Suppression.

o Decreased the Accuracy Buff gained from Invincibility. PvP/PvE

o Granite Armor, Bright Nova, White Dwarf, Dark Nova and Black Dwarf have been made immune to Toggle Drop effects brought on by Brawl and similar De-Toggle abilities. These powers are still vulnerable to being shut down by Holds and Stuns. PvP

o Added 50% ToHit debuff to Super Speed and Super Leap. PvP/PvE

o Added Suppression effect to Jack Frosts Hold PvP

o Added Suppression effect to Illusion/Blind secondary Sleep effect PvP

o Added Suppression effect to Gravity/Singularity Repel PvP

o PvP - Fixed Suppression and/or added Suppression to:

§ Temporary Powers: Tesla Gauntlet

§ Temporary Powers: Chromatic Grenades

§ Temporary Powers: Confiscated Beanbag

§ Temporary Powers: Nemesis Staff

§ Temporary Powers: Stun Grenade

§ Accolades: Crey CBX-9 Pistol

§ Tanker Defense: Stone Armor: Mud Pots

§ Tanker Melee: Energy Melee: Barrage

§ Tanker Melee: Energy Melee: Energy Punch

§ Tanker Melee: Energy Melee: Bone Smasher

§ Tanker Melee: Energy Melee: Whirling Hands

§ Tanker Melee: Energy Melee: Energy Transfer

§ Tanker Melee: Ice Melee: Frozen Aura

§ Tanker Melee: Stone Melee: Stone Fist

§ Tanker Melee: Super Strength: Jab

§ Tanker Melee: War Mace: Bash

§ Tanker Melee: War Mace: Pulverize

§ Tanker Melee: War Mace: Whirling Mace

§ Scrapper Melee: Martial Arts: Crippling Axe Kick

§ Scrapper Melee: Quills: Barb Swipe

§ Scrapper Melee: Quills: Lunge

§ Scrapper Melee: Quills: Fling Quills

§ Scrapper Melee: Quills: Quills

§ Scrapper Melee: Quills: Ripper

§ Scrapper Melee: Quills: Quill Throwing

§ Blaster Support: Energy Manipulation: Energy Punch

§ Blaster Support: Energy Manipulation: Bone Smasher

§ Blaster Support: Electricity Manipulation: Charged Brawl

§ Blaster Support: Electricity Manipulation: Havok Punch

§ Blaster Support: Electricity Manipulation: Lightning Clap

§ Defender Buff: Force Field: Detention Field

§ Defender Buff: Radiation Emission: Choking Cloud

§ Defender Buff: Radiation Emission: EMP Pulse

§ Defender Ranged: Radiation Blast: Atomic Blast

§ Controller Control: Earth Control: Salt Crystals

§ Controller Control: Mind Control: Mesmerize

§ Controller Control: Mind Control: Mass Hypnosis

§ Controller Buff: Force Field: Repulsion Bomb

§ Controller Buff: Radiation Emission: Choking Cloud

§ Controller Buff: Radiation Emission: EMP Pulse

§ Pets: VolcanicGeyser: Thermal Vents

§ Pets: Stone: Stone Fist

§ Peacebringer Offensive: Luminous Blast: Pulsar

§ Warshade Offensive: Umbral Blast: Unchain Essence

§ Ancillary: Psychic Mastery: Telekinesis

§ Ancillary: Earth Mastery: Fossilize

o Fixed bug that made all targeted toggle powers (Radiation Infection, Enervating Field, Darkest Night, Snow Storm, Telekinesis) have no effect.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:58 PM

Quote:
o Added 50% ToHit debuff to Super Speed and Super Leap. PvP/PvE
Wow, that makes quite a difference. I'm used to leaving SS on while I fight -- I better get used to toggling it off. It does make sense, though -- Fly has had a ToHit debuff since launch.

Doesn't mean I like the idea, though -- I'd rather have no ToHit debuff on any travel power, but that's just me.
Old 04-28-2005, 03:22 AM

It's Test, folks. Test. Many, many changes are not going to go through as planned, if at all. It's happened many times already, where proposed changes are thoroughly shot down, a recent example being Instant Healing and Integration being non-mutual. SS used to have a massive Acc penalty, then a massive Def penalty. Both were revoked, and as the changes to SS and SJ are to affect PVP, but are not effective in doing so, it is extremely likely that the changes will be revoked, and possibly a new, but far lesser detriment put in place. I4 has at least 1, probably 2 good months left of being on Test server. Expect nothing to be in stone by the time it hits release form except for obvious bug fixes and the like.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster
It's Test, folks. Test. Many, many changes are not going to go through as planned, if at all.
Which is the reason for my using the question mark. I should have said "possibly" when I posted the previous list but there you go.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:38 PM

Umm... I4 is scheduled to go through any day now. While some of these may not turn up in I4, most of them will be there. Very doubtful it will remain only on the test server. It makes perfect sense that all travel powers have a to hit and and accuracy debuff. Otherwise, they'll be abused.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Tsu
Umm... I4 is scheduled to go through any day now. While some of these may not turn up in I4, most of them will be there. Very doubtful it will remain only on the test server. It makes perfect sense that all travel powers have a to hit and and accuracy debuff. Otherwise, they'll be abused.

Issue 4 is no where close to being ready. It could be at least two more months before we get it. There are still all sorts of problems in the arena code, and since that's the big thing this issue.....
Old 04-28-2005, 03:00 PM

Just 1 day ago they made a bunch of changes, and the devs typically like 1 to 2 weeks just for testing and feedback, then they try another change and get that out a week later, etc. Many Arena powers are still very broken, either in pure...brokenness, or balance. Many PVE things are being extremely fought against by the community and requires major testing.

Yes, there is a stupid May-based accolade Celebrant for logging in. Even if they put I4 on Live on May 30th, there's going to be a lot of broken powers and terrible server stability needing a few weeks of patches.

Heck, most costumes (not to mention body sliders) are very broken, still. Many new pants clash with your legs, either making parts of your body entirely transparent, or your leg will poke out the back of the pants. The motorcycle jacket option detaches your neck from your body if you do anything other than stand still.

I really, really can't see the pile of bugs as ready for release. And yes, I've been around for all the previous issue releases. Seems they want this one smoother than the other releases. I would imagine they'd just make Celebrant work for whatever month I4 is released in, or release Celebrant itself separately onto Live only. Or just check the logs and reward it later depending on if a character was played in May.

Heck, they want to stop spawn camping in Arena. Nothing's been put on Test yet for that. They want to prevent small matches from starting up on the huge maps, which they've only done vice versa. They haven't tested badge-awarding tournaments yet, which definitely must be done before it goes Live, as that could easily go awry. They can't even award badges for matches until they fix spawn camping and map sizes, let alone power/AT/Hamidon enhancement balancing.

The state it's in had better darn well not be ready for release.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Charter Member

This just in! Cryptic is giving everyone a free respec in honor of the game's anniversary!

I'm not kidding, it's going live tomorrow (the 29th)!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:18 PM
Charter Member

link for the above

I'm very happy about this, I'll be able to drop some unneeded powers from my early toons so they can get Stamina instead and not have to run a respec trial.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:33 PM

OK, so I stopped playing for long time while my computer was busted, so now I'm back. Apparantly my old characters now have a free respec. How do I use this? I never had one high enough to do the terra volta missions before, so I have no idea what to do with it. And they say this free one on the 29th will replace any holiday ones...are those free ones the holoday one, or are they something different?
Closed Thread