Old 02-28-2019, 11:29 PM

If it turns out that all of these announcements from law enforcement about human trafficking made to the press were based on some unfounded accusations and rumors, this is going to turn into a totally different kind of scandal.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:23 AM
Charter Member

So, the woman who owns it has been identified. Here name is Li Yang.

Here she is posing with President Trump the day of the Super Bowl, both attending a Mar-A-Lardo party.

But, seriously. It's an impromptu pic, I'm sure Dotard the Individual-01 has never... aw, fuck.

Surely mere coincidences, right? I mean... oh, wait, here she is with Matt Gaetz.

At least the kids are all right. Wait... no?

Hi, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis! Did you know that one of the women in this pic is a slaver?

Not conservative commentator and one-time Secret Service agent Dan Bongingo too!

Rick Scott! Really?

Last edited by JohnT; 03-08-2019 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Charter Member

According to the Miami Herald:

1. It cost Yang $50k to get that posed picture with Dotard
2. "Since 2017, she and her close relatives have contributed more than $42,000 to Trump Victory, a political action committee, and more than $16,000 to the president’s campaign."

Sexual predators gotta stay together, right? Mr. Grab-Em-By-The-Pussy really does have to be supported by Ms Grab-Em-By-Their-Junk, right?

Last edited by JohnT; 03-08-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
The problem with these cases is that the coercion is so subtle sometimes that it's impossible for us to uncover

Subtle coercion is the basis for all capitalism. (Chronos made a similar point.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet View Post
Yeah, that misdemeanor charge is really "coming down hard". He might, *gasp*, get a fine.

He got dragged on national TV, the lead story on the evening news, with anchors shaking their heads sadly as they solemnly intone what a "shocking story" it is. It came across pretty much the same way as the coverage of Subway Jared's arrest. Which is absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhendo View Post
You know who often has a problem keeping the two concepts separate? The actual law enforcement agencies who engage in these types of stings.

In a significant number of cases like this, they make a lot of noise about trafficking, but end up doing little more than breaking up consensual prostitution rings. For too many cops, "prostitution" and "trafficking" go together like bacon and eggs; where you find the first, you'll always find the second. The emphasis on alleged trafficking helps to drum up support among the hoi polloi because, understandably, no-one wants to express any support for people who engage in actual human trafficking. The term "trafficking" serves a rhetorical function that attracts the law-and-order crowd and attempts to head off criticisms from the legalization crowd, the same way that terms like "gateway drug" and "addiction" are often used by law enforcement to justify marijuana stings and head off criticism of the war on drugs.

Hear, hear. And this thread is great evidence of how well their spin has worked.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

Yeah, but you see the wretched hive of scum and villiany this woman hangs out with? She's not just a garden-variety pimp!
Old 03-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Charter Member

No, Rick, for the love of God, not again!
Old 03-08-2019, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

No comment, just.... OMG, LOL!
Old 03-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Charter Member

This sex trafficer is friends with a lot of Friends of Dotard.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:03 PM
Charter Member

KAC
Old 03-08-2019, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

Ron DeSantis goes back for seconds...
Old 03-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Charter Member

Just gonna steal this one:

I can see the handjobs from my house!
Old 03-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

I don't think he read about this in Provebs: Ben Carson.

Gorka!

"Hi! Not only will I change my name for Dotard, the Individual of the Firsts, I will pose with slavers!

Mario Cart.

Louis Gohmert, asking for "French Style", I'm sure.

Here is the slaver at the White House.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:16 PM

Care to keep it to one post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
So, the woman who owns it has been identified. Here name is Li Yang.

Here she is posing with President Trump the day of the Super Bowl, both attending a Mar-A-Lardo party.
Important to note, from that article:

Quote:
Yang says she had long since sold Orchids of Asia Day Spa, the massage parlor where authorities say they caught Kraft on camera paying for oral sex the morning of the Jan. 20 AFC Championship game ó his second visit in 24 hours. (Kraft has denied breaking the law.) Yang, who goes by Cindy, was not charged in the multi-agency anti-human trafficking operation last month that shut down 10 Asian day spas in Florida, none of which are registered to her or her family.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:20 PM
Charter Member

Further...

Quote:
The next was a Tokyo Day Spa in Jupiter that would later become Orchids of Asia after Yang sold it to another businesswoman, Hua Zhang, around 2013. Zhang, who was charged in February with racketeering and running a house of prostitution and has pleaded not guilty, declined to comment when contacted at her Martin County home.

Online reviews from prior to 2013 suggest sex was for sale at the Tokyo Day Spa Jupiter location even before it became Orchids of Asia. Although the name and ownership of the location have changed, the decor has not. A photo from a Tokyo Day Spa Yelp review shows the same couch, the same wall hanging and the same faux plant as now.

Last edited by JohnT; 03-08-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

The same couch? Stop the presses. That's all I need to hear.

It's a good thing that I just changed the drapes in the guest bedroom that were there when I bought the house. The previous owner will be relieved to not have to be connected to the shit that I'm into.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerInc View Post
Subtle coercion is the basis for all capitalism. (Chronos made a similar point.)
Thatís a bit cynical but I canít say itís wrong.

You could broaden it to say all trade is that way as well, itís not exclusive to capitalism. Any system of trade (goods or services) has that aspect. Even those not based on capitalism. (Though Iíll admit itís probably more obvious in capitalism.)
Old 03-08-2019, 04:28 PM

Fair.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajario View Post
It's a good thing that I just changed the drapes in the guest bedroom that were there when I bought the house. The previous owner will be relieved to not have to be connected to the shit that I'm into.
And here I was thinking I was the only one that wiped it on the curtains.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:18 PM
Charter Member

Well, well, well:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/pol...230946518.html

Quote:
Federal prosecutors demand Cindy Yang records from Mar-a-Lago, Trump campaign

Federal prosecutors in Washington D.C. this week sent subpoenas to Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s private club in Palm Beach, and Trump Victory, a political fundraising committee, demanding they turn over all records relating to Republican Party donor Li “Cindy” Yang and several of her associates and companies, the Miami Herald has learned.

Yang, a South Florida massage-parlor entrepreneur,is the target of a public corruption investigation seeking to determine if she funneled money from China to the president’s re-election campaignor otherwise violated campaign-finance laws. She became a GOP donor in the 2016 election cycle and opened a consulting company that promised Chinese businesspeople the chance to attend events at Mar-a-Lago and gain access to Trump and his inner circle. Some of those events were campaign fundraisers that required guests to buy tickets for entry, payments that are considered political contributions. Foreign nationals are prohibited from donating to U.S. political campaigns.