Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 05:58 PM
BANNED

How Disinformation Spreads, According to Chuck Todd

In this piece in the Rolling Stone by Peter Wade How Disinformation Spreads, According to Chuck Todd , Chuck Todd opines about Republicans coming on his show spreading disinformation and Russian talking points which is ironic since he's been a "Russia Collusion" promoter like many others in the media. MSNBC bought into the false "Russia Collusion" narrative for over 2 years until it went up in flames with the release of the Mueller Report and it's ashes spread to the wins with the release of the IG Report. He's right to point out disinformation coming from Republicans but he has to also acknowledge the role his network played in pushing the fake "Russia Collusion" narrative.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:02 PM

It's become painfully obvious that this topic is a serious personal issue with you. I hope you will find the professional help that you need to move past it.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:04 PM

If I thought for one second ... one half-second even ... that engaging with you on any topic involving this President would accomplish anything, I'd be tempted to point out that the Mueller report did nothing even close to disprove Russian collusion.

But, from experience, I know you are dishonest, incapable of honest debate, and simply a repeater of already debunked Republican talking points. So I suggest everyone ignore you because you are not worth anyone's time.

Last edited by Hamlet; 12-27-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver View Post
It's become painfully obvious that this topic is a serious personal issue with you. I hope you will find the professional help that you need to move past it.
I love irony...like you chasing me around though you hate what I post.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:07 PM
Charter Member

Chuck Todd misses part of the story. Disinformation spreads through EasyPhil posts.

Last edited by Ravenman; 12-27-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyPhil View Post
I love irony...like you chasing me around though you hate what I post.
You have made a fucking pest of yourself in virtually every forum on this one subject. You've been told by mods to knock it the fuck off in at least one forum. You're a one trick pony, and it's not even a good trick. You know what they say about doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results, right?
Old 12-27-2019, 06:18 PM

Quote:
MSNBC bought into the false "Russia Collusion" narrative for over 2 years until it went up in flames with the release of the Mueller Report and it's ashes spread to the wins with the release of the IG Report.
You are so fucking dumb.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:18 PM
Charter Member

So there was no Russian Collusion? Please give ten or eleven pieces of evidence.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:20 PM

When a so-called president stands behind a podium/lectern (fuck you) with a sign pasted to it that says: "No Collusion", that's pretty fucking solid. Hard to argue with that. Having no idea what was in Mueller's report helps a bunch, too.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:40 PM

Don't engage the Russian asset.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Lendervedder View Post
Yes, we should organize in our indifference. Form a so-be-it union.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
If he posted in another forum, I hear you. He started this in the Pit, so he's open to ridicule and I'd like to serve my share of what his idiocy needs.
OP: Start more of your bullshit in the Pit. That would be nice.

(Or bring facts to another forum. That wouldn't kill you, you know.)
PS: Are you really Russian? That's intriguing, like James Bond shit.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:02 PM

Chuck Todd also ignores that the Mueller report proved that Trump was shooting up heroin on his first day in office, and how he created a special room in the White House basement where he regularly tortures the laundry staff.

I know this is what the Mueller report says, not because I read it, but because this is what someone told me it says, and it sounds good to me. Just like EasyPhil.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
In this piece in the Rolling Stone by Peter Wade How Disinformation Spreads, According to Chuck Todd , Chuck Todd opines about Republicans coming on his show spreading disinformation and Russian talking points which is ironic since he's been a "Russia Collusion" promoter like many others in the media. MSNBC bought into the false "Russia Collusion" narrative for over 2 years until it went up in flames with the release of the Mueller Report and it's ashes spread to the wins with the release of the IG Report. He's right to point out disinformation coming from Republicans but he has to also acknowledge the role his network played in pushing the fake "Russia Collusion" narrative.

You're lying and it's pathetic.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
MSNBC bought into the false "Russia Collusion" narrative for over 2 years until it went up in flames with the release of the Mueller Report
Saying that the Mueller report exonerated the Trump campaign is a false narrative based on a few choice quotes.

1) It clearly charged them with obstruction of justice - even if they refused to say it explicitly. That invalidates all results of the investigation. If it was demonstrated, for example, that all of the officers who were investigating Barbara for committing murder had been paid $100k and that she'd slept with most of them, you'd not really buy the results of their investigation into her. In the case of Trump, his team seems to have lied and destroyed evidence regularly, including using communication apps that deleted the chat messages immediately - in violation of the Presidential records act.

2) Mueller confirms that nearly all of the smoke that made it appear to be that Trump and Russia were working together behind the scenes was genuine and just as concerning as it was when first reported.

3) Mueller made it clear that there was every chance for the result to have been different (likely referencing Manafort's violation of his cooperation agreement - which seems likely to have been a result of a pardon offer from the President).

4) It's nearly impossible to exonerate a person through a criminal probe. The best that they can hope for is that there was no evidence discovered. In Trump's case, evidence was discovered. It simply wasn't sufficient evidence.

5) Trump openly colluded with Russia on TV. Regardless of whether Mueller was able to establish a criminal conspiracy of explicit coordination, the President did openly make it abundantly clear that, in complete violation of the Constitution, he would welcome any and all interference in the election - so be it in his favor.

If you were, for example, electing a fire chief and he started calling for arsonists to burn down the house of his opponent, it's sort of irrelevant whether he was actually going out and trying to hire an arsonist to do it, you should still not elect him and kick him out for violating the standards of the job definition if the people are stupid enough to vote for him anyways.

Last edited by Sage Rat; 12-27-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:39 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenman View Post
Chuck Todd misses part of the story. Disinformation spreads through EasyPhil posts.
EasyPhil is not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Which coincidentally is a butter knife.

Last edited by running coach; 12-27-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
MSNBC bought into the false "Russia Collusion" narrative for over 2 years until it went up in flames with the release of the Mueller Report and it's ashes spread to the wins with the release of the IG Report.
Straight. Up. Bonkers.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:24 PM

Congratulations EasyPhil. You've reached Silver Lining levels of funny.

How can anybody so utterly incapable of rational or critical thought manage to function? It really is quite remarkable. The stupid pills that you take. Are they industrial strength or do you just overdose on them?

Last edited by BeepKillBeep; 12-27-2019 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:24 PM

How Disinformation Spreads:

AP, Reuters, Bloomberg, CBS, NBC, ABC, your local paper, The Hill, BBC, NPR, Wall Street Journal, NPR, BBC, The Guardian, Axios, Politico, The Christian Science Monitor, Time, The Washington Post, The National Review, The Economist, etc. etc.

These are all lying liars who make up everything. The ONLY good source of information is Fox. And not the news people. They are liars too. Just the good ones on Fox.

Thus the Trumpers have spoken.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
....He's right to point out disinformation coming from Republicans but he has to also acknowledge the role his network played in pushing the fake "Russia Collusion" narrative.
Hey, guys, check that last sentence, there! There is an admission that Republicans were not entirely innocent, which, in all fairness, we must see as a stumbling away from the path of political error! We are having an effect!

Proving, once again, that you draw more flies with honey than with vinegar. Shit still works best of all, of course. But maybe we should try being nicer. Or you guys should, I'm not very good at it.

Last edited by elucidator; 12-27-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious Polemic View Post
How Disinformation Spreads:

AP, Reuters, Bloomberg, CBS, NBC, ABC, your local paper, The Hill, BBC, NPR, Wall Street Journal, NPR, BBC, The Guardian, Axios, Politico, The Christian Science Monitor, Time, The Washington Post, The National Review, The Economist, etc. etc.

These are all lying liars who make up everything. The ONLY good source of information is Fox. And not the news people. They are liars too. Just the good ones on Fox.
Bah! Some guy you never heard of before on Facebook, that's where you go for truth these days.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:57 PM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
Hey, guys, check that last sentence, there! There is an admission that Republicans were not entirely innocent, which, in all fairness, we must see as a stumbling away from the path of political error! We are having an effect!

Proving, once again, that you draw more flies with honey than with vinegar. Shit still works best of all, of course. But maybe we should try being nicer. Or you guys should, I'm not very good at it.
You can swat more mosquitoes with a brick than you can with a feather.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:09 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by margin View Post
You're lying and it's pathetic.
What am I lying about?
Old 12-27-2019, 11:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Straw man bullshit...I'm not a Republican.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:20 PM
Arms of Steel, Leg of Jello
Charter Member

Quote:
You do a very convincing imitation.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:59 PM

The IG of Blawnox PA, Orson Bean, concluded that the Mueller report showed no Russian collusion, but it DID show Prussian trasfusion. Orson explained that everyone else was looking at a voice to text mistranslation.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:02 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
It's true. He votes the United Russia Party ticket.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
What am I lying about?
"While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

Saying that the President was cleared off nefarious activity by a document that distinctly states that there was no exoneration seems pretty well into lie territory.

"The evidence supports the inference that the President intended (former campaign Chairman Paul) Manafort to believe that he could receive a pardon, which would make cooperation with the government as a means of obtaining a lesser sentence unnecessary." (P. 132-133)

"Cohen also recalled speaking with the President's personal counsel about pardons after the searches of his home and office had occurred, at a time when the media had reported that pardon discussions were occurring at the White House. Cohen told the President's personal counsel he had been a loyal lawyer and servant, and he said that after the searches he was in an uncomfortable position and wanted to know what was in it for him. According to Cohen, the President's personal counsel responded that Cohen should stay on message, that the investigation was a witch hunt, and that everything would be fine. Cohen understood based on this conversation and previous conversations about pardons with the President's personal counsel that as long as he stayed on message, he would be taken care of by the President, either through a pardon or through the investigation being shut down." (P. 146)

The normal and ordinary behavior of innocent people and their innocent friends....

Last edited by Sage Rat; 12-28-2019 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:09 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Go back and try again, their standards are dropping fast.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:03 AM

Quote:

I eagerly await EasyPhil's ardent demands that those liars resign!
Old 12-28-2019, 05:10 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Rat View Post
"While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

Saying that the President was cleared off nefarious activity by a document that distinctly states that there was no exoneration seems pretty well into lie territory.

"The evidence supports the inference that the President intended (former campaign Chairman Paul) Manafort to believe that he could receive a pardon, which would make cooperation with the government as a means of obtaining a lesser sentence unnecessary." (P. 132-133)

"Cohen also recalled speaking with the President's personal counsel about pardons after the searches of his home and office had occurred, at a time when the media had reported that pardon discussions were occurring at the White House. Cohen told the President's personal counsel he had been a loyal lawyer and servant, and he said that after the searches he was in an uncomfortable position and wanted to know what was in it for him. According to Cohen, the President's personal counsel responded that Cohen should stay on message, that the investigation was a witch hunt, and that everything would be fine. Cohen understood based on this conversation and previous conversations about pardons with the President's personal counsel that as long as he stayed on message, he would be taken care of by the President, either through a pardon or through the investigation being shut down." (P. 146)

The normal and ordinary behavior of innocent people and their innocent friends....
There was no coordination and there was no collusion/conspiracy with Russia and it's clearly stated in Mueller's Report. The walls never closed in, it wasn't the beginning of the end, there were no bombshells. Who fed people like Chuck Todd and others the disinformation that brainwashed him to think that Trump was a Russian Agent? Who convinced Chuck Todd that the Trump campaign was working with the Russians to interfere in the 2016 Election? The Trump Russia Collusion/Conspiracy narrative is debunked by the report, it's right there in the summary.

From page 13 of "Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election"

Quote:
In evaluating whether evidence about collective action of multiple individuals constituted
a crime, we applied the framework of conspiracy law, not the concept of “collusion.” In so doing,
the Office recognized that the word “collud[e]” was used in communications with the Acting
Attorney General confirming certain aspects of the investigation’s scope and that the term has
frequently been invoked in public reporting about the investigation. But collusion is not a specific
offense or theory of liability found in the United States Code, nor is it a term of art in federal
criminal law. For those reasons, the Office’s focus in analyzing questions of joint criminal liability
was on conspiracy as defined in federal law. In connection with that analysis, we addressed the
factual question whether members of the Trump Campaign “coordinat[ed]”—a term that appears
in the appointment order—with Russian election interference activities. Like collusion,
“coordination” does not have a settled definition in federal criminal law. We understood
coordination to require an agreement—tacit or express—between the Trump Campaign and the
Russian government on election interference. That requires more than the two parties taking
actions that were informed by or responsive to the other’s actions or interests. We applied the term
coordination in that sense when stating in the report that the investigation did not establish that the
Trump Campaign coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.
Quote:
Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and
worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.
Old 12-28-2019, 05:23 AM
BANNED

Glenn Greenwald says it best:

Quote:
If it does not bother you to learn that the FBI repeatedly and deliberately deceived the FISA court into granting it permission to spy on a U.S. citizen in the middle of a presidential campaign, then it is virtually certain that you are either someone with no principles, someone who cares only about partisan advantage and nothing about basic civil liberties and the rule of law, or both. There is simply no way for anyone of good faith to read this IG Report and reach any conclusion other than that this is yet another instance of the FBI abusing its power in severe ways to subvert and undermine U.S. democracy. If you don’t care about that, what do you care about?
The Inspector General’s Report on 2016 FBI Spying Reveals a Scandal of Historic Magnitude: Not Only for the FBI but Also the U.S. Media
Old 12-28-2019, 06:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
What am I lying about?
You're not really easy - you just dress like a slut.

#philshaming #putinputa
Old 12-28-2019, 08:41 AM

Since this thread itself is of EasyPhil's usual useless value, would anybody like to make any predictions on what will happen to EasyPhil?

I predict that the mods will get tired of him posting the same type of posts over and over. Both in terms of content and style. I would say he will get a topic ban early in 2020, and then promptly ignores it thereby resulting in a ban. He won't be missed.

Last edited by BeepKillBeep; 12-28-2019 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:57 AM

You do realize none of this has anything to do with impeachment, correct?

If anything, the Mueller Report shows that Trump and his lackeys were too stupid to follow through on anything extensive. They were hoping their Russian contacts had dirt on Hillary, but they lie as often as Trump. The Russians still interfered with the 2016 election on Trump's behalf. The Russians remain crooked as ever and clearly regard Trump on an equal level of corruption. Furthermore, the Republicans went 180 on their Cold War attitudes towards the Russians now that they see the benefits of siding with them.

All you're saying is that Trump wasn't caught in the FISA development. That's why the Democrats are going with the Ukraine angle. It's an unambiguous violation of the Constitution. You could try addressing that if you want to salvage any credibility.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
There was no coordination and there was no collusion...with Russia and it's clearly stated in Mueller's Report...

From page 13 of "Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election"
Quote:
In evaluating whether evidence about collective action of multiple individuals constituted
a crime, we applied the framework of conspiracy law, not the concept of “collusion.”...
You are so fucking dumb.

Last edited by Moriarty; 12-28-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:32 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Not to pick nits or anything:

Assets spread misinformation because they are employed to do so.

Useful idiots which is what they call them in intelligence communities, do it for free.

Pretty sure Easy Phil is the latter.

Last edited by Grrr!; 12-28-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:41 AM
Champion Chili Chef
Charter Member

Quote:
Hey, dipshit-The time to bluff is before you show your cards.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepKillBeep View Post
Congratulations EasyPhil. You've reached Silver Lining levels of funny.
Ancient Erudite and Yankees 1996 Champs will be very jealous.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
You do realize none of this has anything to do with impeachment, correct?

If anything, the Mueller Report shows that Trump and his lackeys were too stupid to follow through on anything extensive. They were hoping their Russian contacts had dirt on Hillary, but they lie as often as Trump. The Russians still interfered with the 2016 election on Trump's behalf. The Russians remain crooked as ever and clearly regard Trump on an equal level of corruption. Furthermore, the Republicans went 180 on their Cold War attitudes towards the Russians now that they see the benefits of siding with them.

All you're saying is that Trump wasn't caught in the FISA development. That's why the Democrats are going with the Ukraine angle. It's an unambiguous violation of the Constitution. You could try addressing that if you want to salvage any credibility.
No, I'm saying the media spread propaganda for over two years (Trump Russia Colliusion) that most people bought into. The propaganda campaign was so successful that despite evidence to the contrary people still believe the propaganda.
Old 12-28-2019, 10:36 AM
Charter Member

Well, of course. Nobody's going to believe impropaganda; it's so rude and unkempt.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
No, I'm saying the media spread propaganda for over two years (Trump Russia Colliusion) that most people bought into. The propaganda campaign was so successful that despite evidence to the contrary people still believe the propaganda.
You can continue soiling yourself but don't expect the rest of us to help clean up after you.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
What word would you use to describe well over 100 contacts between a hostile foreign government engaged in cyber warfare and a political campaign which benefited from their activities?
Old 12-28-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Their intention was not to mislead. They saw potentially treasonous behavior and reported on it. Trump made his own hell by employing crooks and associating with the enemy. Did you honestly think his behavior wasn't cause for concern? How many of his cronies went to prison, thinking because Trump was in charge they could get away with murder? Russia still interfered in the 2016 election on Trump's behalf, and somehow you're more concerned people thought there was collusion.

Besides, the propaganda as you call it was not considered in the impeachment process. Trump's attempt to strongarm Ukraine was obviously unconstitutional enough on its own. Even this is moot because the Republican Senators won't supply the votes to remove him from office. You're chasing a dust devil that has long rolled past.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowed Out View Post
Their intention was not to mislead. They saw potentially treasonous behavior and reported on it. Trump made his own hell by employing crooks and associating with the enemy. Did you honestly think his behavior wasn't cause for concern? How many of his cronies went to prison, thinking because Trump was in charge they could get away with murder? Russia still interfered in the 2016 election on Trump's behalf, and somehow you're more concerned people thought there was collusion.

Besides, the propaganda as you call it was not considered in the impeachment process. Trump's attempt to strongarm Ukraine was obviously unconstitutional enough on its own. Even this is moot because the Republican Senators won't supply the votes to remove him from office. You're chasing a dust devil that has long rolled past.
EasyPhil, isn't chasing anything. He's fucking gaslighting. His objective is to lie his fucking lying ass off because the only thing that gives him any joy is to repeat lies to undermine or rile up his socio-political enemies, the libtards.

Amarite, slEasyPhil? You brain-dead lying MAGAt.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
... MSNBC bought into the false "Russia Collusion" narrative for over 2 years until it went up in flames with the release of the Mueller Report and it's ashes spread to the wins with the release of the IG Report. ...
You are a FUCKING LIAR.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:14 PM

I'm so old I can remember when Rolling Stone used to be worth a shit.
Old 12-28-2019, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepKillBeep View Post
I predict that the mods will get tired of him posting the same type of posts over and over. Both in terms of content and style. I would say he will get a topic ban early in 2020, and then promptly ignores it
Already happened.
Old 12-28-2019, 03:58 PM
Sith Mod

Indeed it did.

[Moderating]
EasyPhil, you were instructed to stop posting on this topic until next year, and to keep your threads in GD after that. That was a board-wide injunction.

This thread is closed. Don't open any more.
[/Moderating]
Old 12-28-2019, 04:16 PM
Sith Mod

[Moderating]
After discussing this with the other mods, I've decided this warrants a warning. EasyPhil, this is a formal warning for ignoring mod instructions.
[/Moderating]

Last edited by Miller; 12-28-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Closed Thread