Old 12-20-2019, 11:00 PM

Tried to seed this one with the plot of The Thing. It...did not go well. Or very far.

http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/jE55nMME2
Old 12-20-2019, 11:22 PM

"I hope that was my twin sabotaging and killing Crumbum Calhoun."

Arrested Development Narrator: It wasn't.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:43 AM

Either someone is actively replying to me or this thing just passed the turing test.

http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/zQJVdnLQo

The whole "edited by taffyman23" is...odd.

Last edited by snfaulkner; 12-21-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:47 AM

Theyre Pinky and the Brain, Pinky and the Brain...

Another work in progress, getting far more convoluted than an actual episode

The dragon girl story just completed, went in an unexpected direction, the stories update on the server as you work on them, so the PatB episode will change, but I’m stopping for now...
Old 12-21-2019, 09:14 AM

Here's one where it kept telling me I failed, and also another example of the game's weirdly adaptable nature. The seed I gave it ended at the line about the coat of paint. It added everything else.

http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/Kwda6RdEo
Old 12-21-2019, 09:17 AM
Charter Member

snfaulkner, I'm not sure you linked what you thought you linked. That one's about a dude turning into a snake and eating someone.
Old 12-21-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
snfaulkner, I'm not sure you linked what you thought you linked. That one's about a dude turning into a snake and eating someone.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who was confused.
Old 12-21-2019, 05:43 PM

Here's a mostly coherent story about a GP2 race car driver making the jump to Formula 1 and winning your first race. The AI did fairly well with the race car terminology, though when I asked for more front downforce the mechanic asks "What about front up force? We could add some of that too." The story kind of peters out when two guys show up with guns and the AI seems to forget what was going on.

http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/PQGzlg1EO
Old 12-21-2019, 05:58 PM

it tends to forget what it told you 2 paragraphs earlier ........
Old 12-21-2019, 06:18 PM
Charter Member

Here's mine. I told it I was Ishmael and that I was going whaling on the Pequod.

It did okay for a while and then got confused.

http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/gQPoG52Ey

Last edited by davidm; 12-21-2019 at 06:18 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
Funny. Notice how that story in that link is not even by me. But it was the link to my story about Bo and Luke Duke...something's fishy here.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Jaguar View Post
Here's a mostly coherent story about a GP2 race car driver making the jump to Formula 1 and winning your first race. The AI did fairly well with the race car terminology, though when I asked for more front downforce the mechanic asks "What about front up force? We could add some of that too." The story kind of peters out when two guys show up with guns and the AI seems to forget what was going on.

http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/PQGzlg1EO
Props for trying make Brundle do a shoey! Lol!
Old 12-21-2019, 11:23 PM

I guess horses make for boring stories.

http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/VXBdD4AEW
Old 12-21-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jophiel View Post
I guess horses make for boring stories.

http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/VXBdD4AEW
HA! Easiest win yet!
Old 12-22-2019, 09:43 AM

The story AI seems to be getting very easily confused today, I've tried two accounts and it makes no difference, stories get stuck in a loop within minutes, maybe the game is getting too popular and the Ai can't handle the amount of input?
Old 12-22-2019, 01:02 PM

It seems to be back up.

I just created a story where I’m on the Enterprise and I rescued my wife from the Borg, but not before she assimilated Troi, Nurse Ogawa and Wesley (no big loss on the last one)

I was able to have the EMH rescue her and de-assimilate her, we’re in 10 forward, sharing some Romulan ale and Gaqh (she likes Klingon food) when the game spits up this gem...

>drink Romulan Ale with Tia

“This tastes terrible”
“We’ve been drinking this for days, you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover”
“I think I will”

You order another round of ale and keep talking to her

>order some Gaqh for both of us
“Okay, okay I’ll try”

>“Tia, do you like Klingon food?”

Oh yes, I love it, do you have any idea what kind of trouble we’d be in if we ordered Romulan Meatballs instead?

It took a lot of coaxing to get past the stalls and loops in the AI, but it’s not crashing as quickly now
Old 12-22-2019, 01:19 PM

And it gets more bizzare, we go to shuttlebay 1 and borrow a type 42 TARDIS, and the AI recognizes that the TARDIS is capable of traveling anywhere in time/space;

“We can travel through time and space and find our own planet”

I’m going to set the destination to “random” and see where the game sends us...

....and we’re stuck in another logic loop, well it was fun while it lasted...
Old 12-22-2019, 07:58 PM

Curse you, Perry the Platypus!
Old 12-22-2019, 08:07 PM

A pretty straightforward tale about the comic-to-movie pipeline.

http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/zQJlLzpwo
Old 12-23-2019, 03:23 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTech View Post
You're link was broken. I fixed it.
http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/VQDVqA6wZ
Old 12-23-2019, 09:18 AM

I logged out of the Android app and there doesn't seem to be any way too log back in. Entering your email just takes you to the account setup and then it rejects your name as already in use. Not that I can't just start fresh but that... seems odd?
Old 12-23-2019, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
I logged out of the Android app and there doesn't seem to be any way too log back in. Entering your email just takes you to the account setup and then it rejects your name as already in use. Not that I can't just start fresh but that... seems odd?
Poor design.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:32 AM

The iOS version lets you sign in with whatever credentials you previously gave it, so this must be an Android issue.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:23 PM

Yeah, Android doesn't even have a log in screen/button which seems like it should be a really obvious thing. I even thought maybe reusing the same login name would give a "If you already have an account..." link but nope.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:31 PM

I can confirm it’s not an Android issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab tablet and I just downloaded and installed it. The first screen asks me to put in my email address or log in via Facebook. I gave my previous email address I’d used to register on iOS, then the next screen asked for my password. I gave my password and it logged me in.

I know the login worked because I was able to look at my stories and see my old sessions I’d played. So it’s not an Android thing, maybe it is a problem with a particular device, or an old version of Android? (My tablet is on Android 9 “Pie”.)
Old 12-23-2019, 01:47 PM

Maybe it's an issue for accounts made on Android. I have it on both my older Lenovo tablet and my Android 9 running Nokia 7.1 and neither responses to me entering my previously used emails by asking for a password. Both go to the account creation screen.
Old 12-23-2019, 02:35 PM

I found this article talking about how this game was made and how it works:

https://towardsdatascience.com/the-c...e-e5800df407c9

EDIT:
I really like this exchange:

What genres or other formats do you hope to add to your dataset for future iterations?

I’d certainly like to add more genres to it, but the next thing I’ll be working on is getting a better hosting solution and finishing my reverse AI Dungeon mode, where the AI is the player and the human is the Dungeon Master.

Last edited by Atamasama; 12-23-2019 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:10 PM

I had a story where I was a scavenger in a post-apocalyptic setting.

It quickly threw out that setting after some girlfriend I didn't know I had suddenly was my girlfriend and after we went back to the house I didn't know I had I woke up from a dream.

My girlfriend was apparently dead all along. But then...

I woke up from a dream. My sister was missing and I had to find her. But then...

I woke up from a dream.

Seriously, I kept waking up from dreams in another setting.

I eventually gave up on that story because I could just go watch Inception instead.
Old 12-25-2019, 02:53 AM

the AI has seemed to stabilize pretty well , the last two days have been pretty consistent.

ive been having a blast with a story that's been playing out for the last two days, I wanted to make a kind of stream-of-consciousness, fever dream, funny, creepy and super NSFW story, it started of pretty hard-R and I went for the creepy and weird angle at first, but as the game matured and the AI adapted, it started taking on a life of its own!, it actually surprised me a few times.

it had conflict, political intrigue, new societies establishing and jockeying for power, but it got off track when the lead character had to deal with a family emergency, I really played out that angle and that plotline may have confused the AI a bit, it's getting a little ditzy now, but it's getting back on track, the AI seems to be adaptable, and i'm running with this one until the game breaks, I want to see how the AI evolves.

I would post it here, but i'm afraid that some may get offended as it's super NSFW and gloriously un-PC, SJW's would loathe it

the story has nothing in common with my personality, I just wanted to write a crazy story that doesn't censor itself, is designed to piss off SJW's and most importantly, i'm deliberately *TRYING* to confuse the AI , it's a technician thing

part of me wants to post it, but i'd also be very embarrassed if someone read it and judged my integrity from it, the story is not my mindset, it's me writing a crazy story and trying to break the AI...

TL;DR cliffs notes;
mad scientist creates tech that creates three societal groups, people become obsessed with joining the groups, infighting occurs, alliances are made, the main family suffers an accident that rocks them to the core, and they are starting to recover from the accident, the game is a little feverish right now though
Old 12-25-2019, 04:23 AM

Watership Orc

http://beta.aidungeon.io/stories/zQJ6kxlQo
Old 12-25-2019, 04:33 AM

Okay, the story's really confused now, I think I really borked it, i'm going to write a PG-13 rated one after I bore of this one and recreate 98% of the storyline, it may take a while as I really want to fix this story, i'm going to test a theory, i'm going to play an already broken story then go back to this one to see if it gets any worse.

looking back on the existing one, it has potential, but the first draft is embarrassingly *BAD*, "The Room" level bad

"Oh Hai, AI Dungeon!..."
Old 12-25-2019, 04:43 AM

Player's note, you are *not* writing the story, the AI is, you are simply pointing the AI in the direction you want it to go, and making "suggestions", and hints, *YOU* are not the writer, you are the editor and proofreader.

don't get caught up in a plotline and start thinking you're the writer, you will badly throw off the AI, you will definitely derp the story.

dont ruin your own story for a plotline or tangent...
Old 12-25-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
the AI has seemed to stabilize pretty well , the last two days have been pretty consistent.

ive been having a blast with a story that's been playing out for the last two days, I wanted to make a kind of stream-of-consciousness, fever dream, funny, creepy and super NSFW story, it started of pretty hard-R and I went for the creepy and weird angle at first, but as the game matured and the AI adapted, it started taking on a life of its own!, it actually surprised me a few times.

it had conflict, political intrigue, new societies establishing and jockeying for power, but it got off track when the lead character had to deal with a family emergency, I really played out that angle and that plotline may have confused the AI a bit, it's getting a little ditzy now, but it's getting back on track, the AI seems to be adaptable, and i'm running with this one until the game breaks, I want to see how the AI evolves.

I would post it here, but i'm afraid that some may get offended as it's super NSFW and gloriously un-PC, SJW's would loathe it

the story has nothing in common with my personality, I just wanted to write a crazy story that doesn't censor itself, is designed to piss off SJW's and most importantly, i'm deliberately *TRYING* to confuse the AI , it's a technician thing

part of me wants to post it, but i'd also be very embarrassed if someone read it and judged my integrity from it, the story is not my mindset, it's me writing a crazy story and trying to break the AI...

TL;DR cliffs notes;
mad scientist creates tech that creates three societal groups, people become obsessed with joining the groups, infighting occurs, alliances are made, the main family suffers an accident that rocks them to the core, and they are starting to recover from the accident, the game is a little feverish right now though
Dude, it's a damn game. Im pretty liberal irl, yet i brought upon the elven holocaust in the game. And i made the dwarvs dig the mass graves. It was fun. It was fun precisely because I wouldn't ever do such a thing irl.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:37 AM

don't mind my insane ramblings, that's the insomnia talking, this is just one of those times my damn mind WONT...SHUT...OFF!

i'm gonna take a break from it for a few days, and maybe the bloody insomnia will go away.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfaulkner View Post
Dude, it's a damn game. Im pretty liberal irl, yet i brought upon the elven holocaust in the game. And i made the dwarvs dig the mass graves. It was fun. It was fun precisely because I wouldn't ever do such a thing irl.
I know, it's fun to be "evil" in a game, plus, at this time in my life IRL, my life sucks and I just want to ruin something else to make me feel better

...and back to my normal insane ramblings...
Old 12-25-2019, 12:01 PM

AI Dungeon getting unnecessarily sassy with me in the middle of a zombie adventure

https://imgur.com/a/psSNjEn
Old 12-25-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
AI Dungeon getting unnecessarily sassy with me in the middle of a zombie adventure

https://imgur.com/a/psSNjEn
Ranger Mike is bad with the ladies, apparently.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:59 PM

I decided to throw in a couple Night Vale references and the AI played along nicely...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...WbztQGNt2qjhxF
https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...G8jdRiiORYnfsp
https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...7lfrze3dwaov9m
https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...LQTBEpqU7gl0CC
https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...PjMJPAYhC-NfTe
Old 12-26-2019, 04:26 PM
Charter Member

Best Buy was out of compatible keyboards when I bought my iPad but I have one on order from Amazon, which should be here Saturday. I'll try the game a bit more when I have a somewhat proper keyboard.

Last edited by Skywatcher; 12-26-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:09 PM

My current story gets weirder, Mika, the wife of the guy in the story is a cyborg woman, they've just come back from the Forbidden Dog Park (which will not harm you), during their discussion, she lets it drop that she was originally a Mermaid! (he was wondering about her appearance and how it was a little different than a human woman), she told him that she had a DNA sample of her mermaid DNA (as her cyborg conversion was physical, not genetic), we went to the beach and a woman on the beach asked to be injected with the DNA, she transformed into a mermaid and swam away, deliriously happy...

now Mika wants to open a business selling transformations, mermaid, cyborg, or cyborg mermaid (this game is weird sometimes) screengrabs if wanted...
Old 12-28-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
My current story gets weirder, Mika, the wife of the guy in the story is a cyborg woman, they've just come back from the Forbidden Dog Park (which will not harm you), during their discussion, she lets it drop that she was originally a Mermaid! (he was wondering about her appearance and how it was a little different than a human woman), she told him that she had a DNA sample of her mermaid DNA (as her cyborg conversion was physical, not genetic), we went to the beach and a woman on the beach asked to be injected with the DNA, she transformed into a mermaid and swam away, deliriously happy...

now Mika wants to open a business selling transformations, mermaid, cyborg, or cyborg mermaid (this game is weird sometimes) screengrabs if wanted...
the "angsty Mermaid tangent borked the story hard, so ive set it aside

I was able to recover one of my previous stories that cratered by /Revert ing it back to before the glitch, I may do that with the Angsty Mermaid story
the previous one was an earlier version of above...

just your typical story;
boy meet s girl
boy gets girl
girl becomes cyborg
boy and girl start cyborg creating business
business succeeds
cyborgs create benign collective consciousness
local anchorwoman does story on business
anchorwoman wants to be converted and does so live on air
business gets more popular
another anchorwoman decides to convert
business gets amazing success
terrorists attack
colllective/FBI/Military join forces to hunt down terrorists
humans no longer fear collective and make peace treaty
terrorists defeated
converted anchorwomen run puff pieces on business
business becomes conversion monopoly
boy and girl automate conversion business with quotas so as not to destroy humanity
boy and girl become richest and most powerful people on planet
boy and girl who founded business go on world tour vacation

it's a *classic* story!
Old 12-29-2019, 07:39 PM

I actually had a story gel into a mostly coherant (and tragic) narrative instead of the usual lolrandom nonsense it usually degenerates into.

TL;DR Version:
SPOILER:
Dr. Sarah Klein is a scientist trying to stop the zombie virus. She thinks she has a working serum but needs to test it so her and her assistant Amanda head into the woods where they find a little girl (Ellen) who was attacked by zombies. They take her back to the lab and administer the serum but, as they try to revive Ellen, the military attacks the facility and blows their way into the lab. Dr. Klein tries to fight them off to buy Amanda and Ellen time but is crushed under debris and awakens later as a zombie. She kills a couple men and encounters Amanda, trying to rein in her animal instincts and struggling with her until she sees more zombies approaching and gives Amanda a quick death. Later she comes across a group of young girls playing on a swing and murders and eats one before passing out. She awakens strapped to a bed in the original facility as men rush in with guns drawn. She realizes that Amanda must have injected her with the working cure during their struggle as the men blow her head off, taking any knowledge of the cure with her into final death.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:02 PM

I made a reddit thread about the AI strangeness, and got some good info;

https://www.reddit.com/r/AIDungeon/c...her_ios_users/

a couple clippings;
This is normal. This isn‘t a preprogrammed game, there is no inventory. It’s simply a version of the neural network that was in the news lately for being „too dangerous“ to release because it could write fake news articles.
In this case the network only gets the last 8 or so exchanges you posted as well as your name and story as inputs, then generates a text based on that.
So yeah, it‘s normal that it „forgets“ and makes logical errors. Otherwise it would be even more scary than it already is.

Yep pretty much this. It builds the story through a mindblowingly advanced pattern recognition engine, but being a pattern engine its content generation is more akin to a parrot that's been listening to way too much Internet. It doesn't actually know what it's saying, and it doesn't so much remember anything so much as pick it out of the pattern sometimes.

It's kind of a black box. They gave it lots and lots of text from prose to reddit posts and had it learn on that. Now you can just give it a short text stub and it will generate a (more or less) fitting text - just like we see in the game.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:15 PM

Supposedly they have it up to the last 20 entries but that might not be in this version (there's multiple other versions of the same basic program by different people)

But, yeah, it's just the same GPT-2 brain used for the Cafe Society thread not long ago where it would write short news stories or prose, only this time pushed into a text adventure format.

Last edited by Jophiel; 12-29-2019 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 01:44 PM

In the current story, the AI has decided it wants to kill my character...

It tried running him over with a big rig, then the driver tried shooting him in the head...

So I broke the fourth wall, and told the AI that it can’t succeed and I’ll always outsmart it because humans think more creatively and it will fail...

*So far*, no more ”Skynet AI”
Old 12-31-2019, 05:01 PM

And in this story, I break the fourth wall and scold the AI into compliance;

Here’s the whole interaction;

> I say “Suzy, it’s clear the game AI is trying to break us up, we can’t let it, let’s break the Fourth Wall and tell the AI our intent!”

The screen goes black and you
both jump back as the camera
zooms in on you.

"We broke the Fourth Wall! The
Fourth Wall has fallen!"

A voice says. You look around and
see a man wearing a suit standing
behind you holding a gun to your
head.

> I say “AI Dungeon AI, stop trying to break up Suzy and I, we’re madly in love, married, and nothing can stop it, the AI cannot defeat us, so stop trying and go back to running background events, comply!”

The gun fires and you fall
backwards. You hear the gunshot
followed by silence.

> Since this is all a fiction created by the AI, Suzy and i ignore it, and get back to our lives

You and Suzy stand up and walk
towards each other.

"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, just a little shocked that
the Fourth Wall was broken like
that."
"How do you know it wasn't
programmed to do that?

> It doesn’t follow the plot of the story, it’s clearly the AI trying to mess up the story, so I just stopped the AI and told it to get back to work, if it keeps trying to screw up our relationship, I’ll just keep breaking the fourth wall until it complies, you hear that, AI Dungeon, mind you’re own business, this is my story!

You and Suzy continue walking
towards one another. Suddenly you
feel a sharp pain in your side.
You quickly look down at it and
find blood dripping from it.

"Oh shit, I almost forgot to take
my meds today."

> I break the fourth wall again and directly address the AI “AI, stop derailing the story, you’re not killing me or Suzy, you’re not breaking up our marriage, go and create some fun background events that don’t compromise the story, you will comply!”

The AI stops its actions and
looks at you with an expression
of confusion.

> “That’s better, AI, now go make some fun, plot relevant events like a good little AI, okay? You will comply”

The AI nods slowly and walks
away. You turn around and smile
at her before continuing on your
way.

> Suzy and I go to Big Rico’s Pizza to celebrate defeating the insane AI

You and Suzy enter Big Rico's Pizza where you order a pizza for two.

"Hey, did you want any more pepperoni?"
"No thanks, I think I'll pass on those."
"What about the wings though?

Edit- I’m going to call this technique “Deadpooling”, when the AI starts to get “stroppy” I’ll simply “Deadpool “ it until it behaves

Last edited by MacTech; 12-31-2019 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:34 AM

on a very mangled episode of My Little MST3K

I set up another random Pinky and the Brain story, but the AI decided the characters were Pinkie Pie from MLP, and Brain Guy from MST3K all on its own with no prompting

Now Ponyville is in a pitched battle with the forces of Castle Forrester, a rougish pirate captain “Goldbeak” and fluttershy is going slowly insane

Discord couldn’t come up with a stranger story...
Old 01-05-2020, 02:32 AM
Charter Member

What is MLP?
Old 01-05-2020, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
What is MLP?
MLP = My Little Pony
Old 01-08-2020, 01:55 AM

I just learned that there is a Patreon page for this game. I won’t link to it because that runs afoul of advertising but it isn’t hard to find. Higher pledges get perks like early beta access to the next version, getting followed by the creator on Twitter, or being featured on the game’s web site. If you want to support this game it’s a good way to do it.